Photo

Help Promote PvP and make Fallen Sword GREAT AGAIN !

• Please log in to reply
116 replies to this topic

#21 Ryebred

Ryebred

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 422 posts

Posted 29 November 2016 - 13:55

vmDC9DD.gif

#22 Necra

Necra

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 718 posts

Posted 29 November 2016 - 14:19

in every single MMO - RPG game i have play'd in the past 5 years PVP is a strong thriving part of the game - games that expected to drowned became top mmo because of pvp and player interaction. unless its toon town or rayman to bring in more players i agree with promotion packs again and PVP needs to be improved and brought back as a fundamental part of FS

Edited by Necra, 29 November 2016 - 14:20.

#23 Chazz224

Chazz224

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 528 posts

Posted 29 November 2016 - 14:29

Okay, enough. Stop arguing about Seasons please.

On topic : 

Chazz224, sorry but I see no way that we'd ever open the level ranges up to the extent you are proposing. They are far, far to extreme.

The concept of expanding level ranges should be looked at and considered Grim. There were some strong opinions suggesting that the model I offered is too extreme (which is understandable), however the idea should be taken into consideration. We have plenty of players between level 800 and level 2800 that are lacking in PvP targets and also GvG targets. 

I understand we have a lot of players that are concerned about their level in this game. Fair enough - but I'm merely suggesting we expand the ranges some. Seriously Grim if you look at the PvP perspective in this games current state you might see a reason to subscribe to the idea of reform:

Between level 50 and 300 there is +/- 25 level range for GvG purposes. 

Between level 301 and 700 there is a +/- 50 level range for GvG.

Between level 700 and 3500 there is a +/- 100 level range for GvG purposes. 

Now for PvP between players the ranges vary:

Between level 50 and 300 there is +/- 5 level range for PvP purposes. 

Between level 301 and 3500 there is a +/- 10 level PvP attack range 

So although the game has developed in areas of content for leveling, buffs, arena, SE, hunting, this area has been seriously neglected for some time without any improvements for some time. Seriously between level 300 and 3500 we have the same PvP attack ranges wow... and from level 700 all the way through level 4000 (not reached yet) the GvG target range is still the same.  The concept is valid - this area of the game needs attention and expansion, despite a few posts that were intended to thwart this forum its undeniable. Grim you don't have to use the model I provided. Feel free to create your own model but do something here, it would be really nice.

I've asked to fix the top rated to help clear out dead guilds and make GvG viable for any newer guild to compete - and current guilds a reason to stand strong or others a chance to aspire to the top without waiting for years to pass. But nothing has been done, please don't be so fast to turn a blind eye to this, the numbers aren't lying there has been very little development for this and you know it as do many of the players in game.  

- Chazz

#24 Necra

Necra

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 718 posts

Posted 29 November 2016 - 14:51

when i first started playing FS i wanted to lvl up so bad, so i could PVP with the big boys ( it looked so fun and challenging )  now i see no point in power leveling or putting the rush on leveling.  like i dont envy EOC other than monopolizing top ranks i see no other motivation to be at EOC other than sitting and waiting for more content or monthly events ( u dont need to be at eoc for them )  leveling and PVP should BOTH be  thriving part of the game.  so if improving pvp or expanding it sparks a new live in FS and bring in more players HCS should do it. does chazz proposal do that?  it could. or it couldnt. only one way to find out . with pride and negativity put on the back burner we as a community can figure this out...   if u dont like the idea dont snark an make ur self look like a jackass be helpful and positive with your thoughts and suggestions.  dont get me wrong pvp is better than it was. but we can get FS to be a desirable game for MANY new players.     

fs is the only gamei know that have a level restrictions in pvp......most games high level players can attack low level players out of new player protection....  

#25 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,804 posts
  • Badge

Posted 29 November 2016 - 14:56

The concept of expanding level ranges should be looked at and considered Grim.

Never said it wouldn't be. Just that your ranges were not likely to happen.

I've asked to fix the top rated to help clear out dead guilds and make GvG viable for any newer guild to compete - and current guilds a reason to stand strong or others a chance to aspire to the top without waiting for years to pass.

Still something we're gonna look at in the future.

But nothing has been done, please don't be so fast to turn a blind eye to this, the numbers aren't lying there has been very little development for this and you know it as do many of the players in game.

No one is turning a blind eye to anything. However, the last time we put a lot of effort into PvP it was rejected and the Community wanted what we have now reinstated. 

#26 Chazz224

Chazz224

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 528 posts

Posted 29 November 2016 - 15:03

Fair enough - I don't think I was around for the last bit but... we are working towards the future and I'm honestly pleased to see your keeping an open mind on this Grim, it's greatly appreciated. Also if there is anything I or "we" as a community can do to "HELP" share "REAL" input - ( Cap's are for our in game troll's) - I'm sure many here would love to share ideas or comment on suggestions that can honestly help the game. 

#27 sweetlou

sweetlou

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,958 posts

Posted 29 November 2016 - 16:30

The player base has become so thin, opening the PvP attack range makes sense. I have 7 players in my range for example. I'm absolutely sure there are ranges with much less. While some continue to want to water down PvP, after PvP protection was instituted I've wanted nothing but the opposite to make THE GAME GREAT AGAIN!! Let's hope Hoof has some time in his busy schedule to do some real development again.

[Signature removed]

“When you tear out a man's tongue, you are not proving him a liar, you're only telling the world that you fear what he might say.” -GRRM

#28 yotwehc

yotwehc

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 29 November 2016 - 17:22

Let's go back to an example of a change that succeeded in what the OP wants. Very simple change... HCS added the smasher medal. What happened? It made pvp great again... bounty board was epic... at what cost? Must have been significant for HCS to back track so quickly. If we can't learn from history...

Personally, I would like this change. I'm a bit sad I fell out of range of a sweet-sweet gold target and can't wait for my next mini hunt to milk that cow again... or maybe I'm doing this wrong... I should allocate all my points so my VL stays in his/her range? doh!

#29 Necra

Necra

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 718 posts

Posted 29 November 2016 - 17:30

pvp protection and gold protect was also put in place with that.

#30 yotwehc

yotwehc

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 29 November 2016 - 17:41

pvp protection and gold protect was also put in place with that.

Pretty sure protection was available way before smasher medal was introduced. There is no gold protection now.

#31 Calista

Calista

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 871 posts

Posted 29 November 2016 - 17:49

Where is Hoof? Been a while since we have heard anything from him. I'm curious at his thoughts on the suggestion and his take on HCS's pvp future updates.

#32 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,804 posts
  • Badge

Posted 29 November 2016 - 17:50

I'll bring the idea of opening the ranges up a bit to Hoofmaster.

#33 Necra

Necra

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 718 posts

Posted 29 November 2016 - 17:54

i have notice ppl dont want to use it either and expect to not be hit  and cry and get annoyed - thats riddiclious.  so many things to do in game to make gold and fsp there should be no problem with players using pvp protection - and have pvp flourish   discussions about PVP and implementing original pvp aspects and undoing changes shouldn't be an issue..... when some thing is implemented it should stay. changing it and changing it and changing it. improving is one thing but changing an aspect once implemented is asking for trouble and now look where we are....      how many ppl actually use pvp protection now? vs how many cry about being hit?   improve the pvp range and reintroduce pvp protection.   GIVE BACK TO HCS   you demand to be protected from pvp u got it  u want more punishment on the bb  u got it, now u want more.......   and refuse to comply with giving leeway to pvp.......   not right.    i know HCS hates hearing this but moving the smasher was the biggest hurt to pvp'rs   that was the once recognition for straight pvp and it was taken away after MT was dramatically reduced then reduced again.    Chazz's proposal (with lvl range edits) would be a huge improvement    FS is a MMO it seems many forget what that entails

Edited by BigGrim, 29 November 2016 - 17:56.
No swearing please.

#34 Ryebred

Ryebred

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 422 posts

Posted 29 November 2016 - 17:58

I was thinking the idea of adding daily quest to smash on bounty targets would of appealed to a wide variety of people, but this part of the proposed gets buried in the level expansion discussion.

#35 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,804 posts
  • Badge

Posted 29 November 2016 - 17:58

Smasher was removed from normal PvP for a reason. PvPers can get that from their PvP Ladder.

As stated, the level range suggestion will be discussed with Hoofmaster.

I was thinking the idea of adding daily quest to smash on bounty targets would of appealed to a wide variety of people, but this part of the proposed gets buried in the level expansion discussion.

We've added PvP attacks to Dailies and some players do them. Others do not.

~ Grim

#36 Necra

Necra

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 718 posts

Posted 29 November 2016 - 18:02

Smasher was removed from normal PvP for a reason. PvPers can get that from their PvP Ladder.

As stated, the level range suggestion will be discussed with Hoofmaster.

We've added PvP attacks to Dailies and some players do them. Others do not.

~ Grim

i understand - as a compromise can there be a medal for regular pvp?  to fix the hurt?  gold taken from pvp  - xp taken from pvp

Edited by Necra, 29 November 2016 - 18:05.

#37 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,804 posts
  • Badge

Posted 29 November 2016 - 18:04

No. The reason for it's removal is still valid.

#38 Necra

Necra

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 718 posts

Posted 29 November 2016 - 18:08

No. The reason for it's removal is still valid.

not promoting straight pvp?

#39 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,804 posts
  • Badge

Posted 29 November 2016 - 18:09

If you want your Smasher, get it from your fellow PvPers on the Ladder.

#40 Calista

Calista

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 871 posts

Posted 29 November 2016 - 18:17

I don't mess with the ladder and I'm in a decent position on the top smasher list. It will just always be a bit weird that the PvP smasher medal has nothing to do with regular pvp. Though even I admit calling it the ladder/bounty board smasher medal is way too long.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: