#1 Windbattle

Windbattle

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,707 posts
  • Badge

Posted 16 February 2016 - 00:57

As the title suggests, i'm suggesting an addition to relics called relic relinquishing. It stands to reason that if you can empower a relic for greater benefits, you should also be able to get rid of relics you no longer want.

That is where Relic Relinquishing would be awesome.

Perhaps your guild has outgrown a relic and would prefer to go after tougher relics (just one example). In order to be competitive with current rules, you get a lead defender penalty for the number of relics you control as a guild. so many guilds aim to keep this number low to protect key relics.

And for those that really dislike relic relinquishing (although I really don't understand how you could be against it), how about expanded guild rights to limit the number of people to take relics. We have empower rights, why not relic taking rights as well?

This has been an issue that has bugged me for 2-3 years and never understood why there couldn't be a fix to it.

Would love comments. Cheers

#2 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 16 February 2016 - 00:58

While i think this is a good thing to implement there are ways to prevent this. Simply make a rule within your guild to NEVER take relics...Remind them often and be very stern about it. Don't get me wrong i'd love to see this but i honestly doubt this will be a priority.

Edited by EpicPiety, 16 February 2016 - 00:59.

#3 slasher42

slasher42

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 16 February 2016 - 01:00

I'd love to see it also, since some players don't see the message or just plain out forget, but i agree this would be awesome.

#4 yotekiller

yotekiller

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,543 posts

Posted 16 February 2016 - 01:07

I would like to see this feature HOWEVER, you must hold the relic at least one hour before relinquishing it.  Otherwise, 2 guilds could collude on a time to relinquish at less than an hour and take back and forth while preventing a third guild the opportunity to recapture.  Extreme and rare situation but it if the possibility is there, it will happen eventually.

Screenshot everything!

#5 Windbattle

Windbattle

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,707 posts
  • Badge

Posted 16 February 2016 - 01:16

I would like to see this feature HOWEVER, you must hold the relic at least one hour before relinquishing it.  Otherwise, 2 guilds could collude on a time to relinquish at less than an hour and take back and forth while preventing a third guild the opportunity to recapture.  Extreme and rare situation but it if the possibility is there, it will happen eventually.

Nice catch with potential abuse. If our FS community is good at anything, we are world class potential abusers of in-game mechanics, = ).

I would go a step further and say at least 3 hours before you could relinquish. to avoid the situation you mentioned above.

#6 macb00k

macb00k

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 208 posts
  • Badge

Posted 16 February 2016 - 04:05

I believe this is a great idea, it also opens up some other relics for smaller guilds to get their hands on
yEmtZFn_zpsocfjsgxs.png

#7 gilby90813

gilby90813

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 434 posts

Posted 16 February 2016 - 06:52

I believe this is a great idea, it also opens up some other relics for smaller guilds to get their hands on

Haha only the horrible ones people don't want . And yes it difficult to get people to listen about not capturing relics never listened when I was in a big guild

#8 sweetlou

sweetlou

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,958 posts

Posted 16 February 2016 - 07:00

I'll agree relics need some work!

• j3k likes this

[Signature removed]

“When you tear out a man's tongue, you are not proving him a liar, you're only telling the world that you fear what he might say.” -GRRM

#9 hittokiri

hittokiri

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 135 posts

Posted 16 February 2016 - 22:47

Nice catch with potential abuse. If our FS community is good at anything, we are world class potential abusers of in-game mechanics, = ).

I would go a step further and say at least 3 hours before you could relinquish. to avoid the situation you mentioned above.

+1

#10 Egami

Egami

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,863 posts

Posted 16 February 2016 - 22:54

I never got why this wasn't implemented either. 

While i think this is a good thing to implement there are ways to prevent this. Simply make a rule within your guild to NEVER take relics...Remind them often and be very stern about it. Don't get me wrong i'd love to see this but i honestly doubt this will be a priority.

While I get and perform what EP suggests, I don't agree with him:

If that was to be effective, then the only rational alternative I see would be to create a permission needed to take a Relic.

Regardless, I think the "major" good for the game runs beyond the penalty for holding more than one. Don't players need to understand the tactics? No matter how well you explain things, they are missing out on the act itself.

Hey, maybe we could make a permission with a particular Guild upgrade attack that allows relinquishing. Ok, fine, talking out of my rump now, lol.

*Tongue-in-cheek* For me personally, though HCS might disagree, this is the absolute most important priority in the entire game. Not a shot at you EP, just hope people can read between the lines.

I would like to see this feature HOWEVER, you must hold the relic at least one hour before relinquishing it. 

Very good point. OP suggested after this three hours. I'd go 24 or a month or whatever. 

Haha only the horrible ones people don't want . And yes it difficult to get people to listen about not capturing relics never listened when I was in a big guild

I don't agree that it's only the "horrible" ones. Strategies develop and Guildies level to get access to better ones. I "think" they "upgrade".

Edit: My entire post somehow got duplicated in the same post. I've taken the doubling out. Off-topic, but I've seen something similar in several other posts recently. Not sure if this is just my typical noobishness or some type of bug. 

Edited by Egami, 16 February 2016 - 22:57.

#11 hittokiri

hittokiri

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 135 posts

Posted 16 February 2016 - 23:08

Very good point. OP suggested after this three hours. I'd go 24 or a month or whatever.

24 hours is too long, they might be in a guild war and the extra relic will hurt them defending the other relics

I think 6 - 8 hours top should be enough

#12 Egami

Egami

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,863 posts

Posted 16 February 2016 - 23:20

24 hours is too long, they might be in a guild war and the extra relic will hurt them defending the other relics

I think 6 - 8 hours top should be enough

Definitely could be put under discussion. On my side, I don't think the major selling point should be wars over capturing HCS-owned relics (wink, wink), though I do think it's a plus. 

#13 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 17 February 2016 - 00:19

@egami it's fairly easy to keep your guilds relics under control...We never take any that we don't want taken. 

#14 WWWolf

WWWolf
  • United States of America

Posted 17 February 2016 - 14:08

If that was to be effective, then the only rational alternative I see would be to create a permission needed to take a Relic.

That may be a great alternative :->

@egami it's fairly easy to keep your guilds relics under control...We never take any that we don't want taken. 

That's all fine and good until a new player joins your guild and goes and grabs a relic without reading your guild rules.  You may kick them from the guild for doing so but then you still have the extra relic.

#15 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 17 February 2016 - 16:41

That may be a great alternative :->

That's all fine and good until a new player joins your guild and goes and grabs a relic without reading your guild rules.  You may kick them from the guild for doing so but then you still have the extra relic.

Pick and choose your new recruits wisely before recruiting them :). Generally if you invite players with a certain level of maturity rules will be read before all else.

#16 Maehdros

Maehdros

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,330 posts
  • Canada

Posted 17 February 2016 - 17:31

Relic taking rights sounds good and makes sense. IMO a relic could be "relinquished" after a certain period of time if there was no one on it to defend? Say, 2 hours. Just thinking/ typing out loud.

#17 Windbattle

Windbattle

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,707 posts
  • Badge

Posted 19 February 2016 - 20:31

Pick and choose your new recruits wisely before recruiting them :). Generally if you invite players with a certain level of maturity rules will be read before all else.

Your kind of being an ass here. The point of the thread is ASSUMING you already have relics you want to get rid of and can't because of current game mechanics. Stay on topic. Cheers

#18 Mister Doom

Mister Doom

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,518 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 19 February 2016 - 20:45

Relic taking rights sounds good and makes sense. IMO a relic could be "relinquished" after a certain period of time if there was no one on it to defend? Say, 2 hours. Just thinking/ typing out loud.

I think if you swap out 'could' for 'should' then you have a winner here.

Guilds should maintain a presence on relics in order to keep control of them, with relics returning to an unowned state if undefended for a period of time.

That way relinquishing relics would be as simple as just abandoning them, while also making guilds expend a little manpower to control a relic.

Edited by Mister Doom, 19 February 2016 - 20:49.

EnhancedShardoom1-1.gif

#19 Egami

Egami

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,863 posts

Posted 19 February 2016 - 22:52

I think if you swap out 'could' for 'should' then you have a winner here.

Guilds should maintain a presence on relics in order to keep control of them, with relics returning to an unowned state if undefended for a period of time.

That way relinquishing relics would be as simple as just abandoning them, while also making guilds expend a little manpower to control a relic.

Such out-of-the-box thinking that I just had to immediately like. I didn't even bother to think about the consequences. 

It would screw a lot of Guilds over, but also make them think and organize. It would provide a solution that seems logical to me. 

Nice one Doom. (o0

#20 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 20 February 2016 - 01:51

Your kind of being an ass here. The point of the thread is ASSUMING you already have relics you want to get rid of and can't because of current game mechanics. Stay on topic. Cheers

The only reason you want this added is because you were inconvenienced by it recently. Like i said it's nice sure... Is it a good idea ofcourse...But i don't see it being a priority. There are also ways to avoid it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: