Crofil

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,704 posts
  • Badge
  • Australia

Posted 27 July 2018 - 21:10

They shut it down because very little ppl were on it in the first place, so highly unlikely that they would bring it back.

it's a shame.. I did enjoy playing with no lag :)

Crofil - 49  O=(`-`Q)

l0rdka0s - 49 Tank

Ridcully - 49 healer

Liforc - 49 Ranger

Nihilus - 49 Warsin

+ others

#242 Thomas02

Thomas02

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 412 posts

Posted 28 July 2018 - 00:33

Call forth the Aussie army of players and demand that it be return safely so that you may play the game with no lag!

• KeS likes this

R.I.P Ichiko my beautiful, sweet rabbit  :(

#243 KeS

KeS

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,063 posts
  • Badge

Posted 06 August 2018 - 15:54

Hehe, LegendVon  :D  :D , Come back to eldevin  :lol:  :lol:

Would love to but a lot has happened. But that's for another day. Seems things are still dreaming....and kicking

The world is cruel...as will I....

#244 Fizban

Fizban

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,277 posts
  • Badge

Posted 10 September 2018 - 19:14

Would love to but a lot has happened. But that's for another day. Seems things are still dreaming....and kicking

:D

• KeS likes this

I can tolerate ignorance, but i cannot stand stupidity

the past can't be altered, the future can't be controlled, live for the here and now

#245 Shroude

Shroude

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 22 November 2018 - 16:28

Make a smartphone port of this game and it shall flourish.  I refuse to come back to this game with the lack of people online and i am sure 5000 other people feel this way too lol.

#246 Thomas02

Thomas02

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 412 posts

Posted 03 January 2019 - 18:15

So besides the small bug fixes and some changes to Achievements the devs also put something that is very interesting in Weaponsmithing. Everyone should go check it out and give your opinions on it.  :D

#247 Steve1973

Steve1973

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 458 posts

Posted 05 January 2019 - 16:56

So besides the small bug fixes and some changes to Achievements the devs also put something that is very interesting in Weaponsmithing. Everyone should go check it out and give your opinions on it.  :D

Well spotted :o  I think its a bit of wishful thinking :lol:

Saying that, the inf weapons should be moved into next section up now as they are only lvl47 ;)

Edited by Steve1973, 05 January 2019 - 17:05.

When in doubt. Blame lag ;)

#248 Thomas02

Thomas02

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 412 posts

Posted 05 January 2019 - 19:58

Well if they add in something new to the box than they can move the infernals to the correct position.

The question is why did they change it, was it a mistake or is this part of the planned process of preparation?

Will Hell now be in jeopardy of freezing over because LVL 50 is coming?

We will have to wait and see!

#249 Steve1973

Steve1973

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 458 posts

Posted 05 January 2019 - 20:40

I think it's got to be a mistake.

I am sure they have always said level 50 was going to be the maximum, although they did say level 50 would be out in the next few months, then after 6 months had passed say they were scaling back development :blink: 

So it's anyone's guess whats happening. I wouldn't start investing in frozen hell gear just yet though :lol:

When in doubt. Blame lag ;)

#250 Thomas02

Thomas02

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 412 posts

Posted 08 August 2019 - 16:14

and the wait continues.......

#251 Spirit

Spirit

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 879 posts
  • Badge
  • Canada

Posted 01 October 2019 - 06:36

Sure feels like it's been longer then 3 years now. And I log in like a few weeks ago and I get bombarded by achievements lol. 

Edited by Spirit, 01 October 2019 - 06:38.

9izzGSr.png Feb. 27th 2015 - First level 45 :)

#252 Thomas02

Thomas02

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 412 posts

Posted 08 October 2019 - 23:48

Those were achievements that they lowered to make it easier to get them, other than that...........

#253 Thomas02

Thomas02

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 412 posts

Posted 27 February 2020 - 15:12

Lol you erased my "Burp", are you cows that sensitive now. Better yet why you even leave this open since you have no intentions of even informing ppl of a possible update that isn't coming anyways. Lock this thread up and be done with it.  B)

#254 davidutz

davidutz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 204 posts
  • Badge
  • Romania

Posted 20 April 2020 - 00:22

do some thing to make it semi ok 

1.  remove lvl cap to make players get exp even if there is no gere exept lvl 50 drop  let players make lvl its nice to see you get exp when you kill mobs even if its 10 exp 

2 . i see a hoard of abs gems in game make a simple thing where you insert 3 random gems and get a random roll for a new gem ( add some gold as cost ) 

3. add recipes for  items  that haw only 10- 20 durability  and you cant repair   that are just under the infernal items as capacity  and make the recipe use   lots of different mats from all gathering skils  like 100 of each mat  or some thing like that ( or  ex:  use 300 iron bars to make 1 iron cristal  and you need 10 iron cristals  + 15 copper cristals + 20 citrine refined gem + etc etc  to make 1 weapon that si 5 % under infernal with only 20 durability  ... just as an example ) 

4. activate the guild volt so that we can put potions for members  

a few simple changes  and a lot of new activity ..  imo 

#255 ComradeLewis

ComradeLewis

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 611 posts
  • Badge

Posted 15 July 2020 - 15:12

I know it's not worth it for the developer to invest more time in a game that never got traction. Yet I find myself checking back several times a year.

Edited by ComradeLewis, 15 July 2020 - 15:12.

11/29/13 - 4/29/14 | 4/25/15 - 5/25/15

#256 scumbag

scumbag

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 November 2020 - 19:44

hello

#257 Omnigma

Omnigma

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 23 December 2020 - 22:10

Hey folks,

Sorry for the lack of updates as of late, unfortunately Eldevin never quite gained the following it required for us to justify allocating our full development team to it. As such we've had to scale down development time. However we intend to continue to fully support the game and still plan to release future updates, but currently we have no time-scale for these as of yet.

~The Eldevin Team

SO, may I ask what would specify the allocation of resources for further development? I mean, is there a set amount of a new players for your base that you'd require to look further into this idea? As is, on the face of it, this is a tremendous game. Its very inclusive, extensive, easy on the eye and you become immersed from day one. I love it, and hope only the best for future updates, fixes, additions, etc. Great team, great game.

#258 skiwise

skiwise

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 29 June 2021 - 14:34

Hello,  I know the game is referred to as dead to most.  I hope thought i know unlikely some updates some day I do support it in the hope it will not fall off the map.

#259 supervisor360

supervisor360

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 June 2022 - 02:36

You should advertise the game tbh. That way you can get more people

#260 ATPoseidon

ATPoseidon

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 December 2022 - 16:14

Blizzard uses a term called "Maintenance Mode" where a game no longer receives content updates, but receives support and bug fixes.

Can we officially announce that Eldevin is in Maintenance Mode so it is pretty clear and curb any expectations?

The only reason the game is not shut down is because it doesn't cost anything to run it. My guess is it runs on the same server as HC's more successful games and running an additional VM on that uses next to no resources while ocassionally fooling someone into spending $20... why not?

Now, since that is very obviously the case... can we treat it as such please? When games shut down, they usually make everything free and let the few remaining fans enjoy the game to the fullest for whatever time is left.

Now, I'm NOT suggesting we remove the store and give everyone the best gear and stuff like that, but I'm sure it wouldn't take a lot of resources to make the game less aggrevating for the ocassional new player that stumbles in. Here's some ideas:

- Reduce the overal price of Store items, bringing it closer to "micro-transaction" values, which might actually encourage people to buy some things and play the game for longer. It certainly happened with me. I gave up on Eldevin mostly due to the inventory restrictions and I wasn't about to spend $50 to get a decent amount of bags/sacks. But I found out that the Premium Steam Packs have gone on 90% off sale in the past. Cue making new account (using forum through Steam is horrible and I can't attach an e-mail to the Steam account...), and add those packs to the wishlist. Lo and behold Autumn Sale, they went on 90% off again. Last 3 bag slots, Level 3 Riding and 3x64 slot bags for like $4... Hell yes! And here I am, playing again.

- Make Trapper's Atoll a high level area (entry requirement 40+) or increase the buff it gives to lower level players (Although that might make lower level players way too powerful). If you keep an eye on Discord, or the Steam discussions page, you will see that almost every new player that posts on there is immediately enchanted with the game. That's because the game has great PvE ideas and crafting systems that would attract people who enjoy Runescape and other games that heavily rely on gathering and crafting. And then it was f***ed up. Every single one of those posts I'm talking about goes like this "Love this game, I wanna play it, but I keep getting killed by X player" You tried to please the PKers and the PKers are toxic. "Uh well it says before you enter it's a PvP area, if you don't like it, don't play." Well guess what... They aren't! We can't ignore PvP (I'd love to, but I know better) and we can't disable it, neither will you assign resources to do major changes to Trapper's Atoll, so just make it off limits for longer, so people are not immediately discouraged by players trying to get 10000 kills achievement (which in its own right is insane...).

- Reduce the tedium of certain activities. The game can be improved a lot by simply adjust a few variables in the code, that wouldn't take that much time or effort. Here's some suggestions:
  - Increase Riding speed bonuses. It doesn't have to be huge, but 25/50/75% would be a good bump. Getting around is a big part of the game and dragon handlers are expensive while gold is scarce!
  - Increase all action speeds by... 10%? What I mean by that is, we're talking about heavy repetition when it comes to crafting, gathering, etc. If people don't have multiple monitors, to do several things at once... Nobody wants to stare at the screen at a tiny loading bar as we craft 200 pieces of cloth. Much like PvP, we can't remove that aspect of the game, but we can make it a little less tedious.

- Optimize certain actions. The main example here is farming. I'm guessing there was a time where the plan was to have multiple types of Scarecrows, Compost and Crop Dust. Clearly that is no longer the case and we have a single type of each. Well since that is the case, why oh why do I get a window to input the item? It needlessly increases farming time by so much even if you use the Ctrl+Click shortcut. Just remove that. "Add Scarecrow" should do exactly that, check your inventory if you have one and automatically starts the action. There doesn't need to be additional input. There's probably more cases where this can be done, but I can't think of them right now.

- Increase stack size. As I mentioned earlier, what turned me away from the game, toxic PKers aside, was the limited storage. The basket/bucket system is definitely unique and I actually like it in a weird way, but inventory space is still severely impeded by stack sizes. Once again, there's no need to go crazy, but it would help new players a whole lot if you just double everything. Processed material 5>10, raw material 10>20, filler material 25>50. 

I feel like none of these changes will significantly or in any way negatively change the core gameplay of the game, while certainly making it a more pleasant and approachable experience for everyone.

I'm convinced implementing any of these changes can be done by a single person in less than a working day (of course any price changes have to go through Marketing/Financy, I know...) and I would happily offer my services as a volunteer if you're looking to do so  :P

I know it's a long shot at best, but I'm hoping for this post to gain some traction, get at least a little something going on!

Edited by ATPoseidon, 06 December 2022 - 15:25.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (1)
Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: