110 replies to this topic

#1 Jose

Jose

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 155 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 02:09

Greetings FS Community

Some days ago i was reading many posts about players having troubles with Titans. They talk about having some more "fair" way to be abble to win Epics and so guilds wont control the "monopoly". So thinking about in it and seeing it in a way where Fsps are not the most important and we promote chances to everyone who work hards for Titans.

My idea is if we have a page in guild that calls "Titan Rewards" but we rarely use it. Its very common that guilds or even players solo secure a titan by draining more than 50% from hp and then just let the titan there untill someone do the rest of the job. Actually that is fair as they won more kills than any other guild/player but what would happend if the only way to obtain the Epic item from each Titan would be by exchanging TKPS for them and not by 50% kills on each titan? I know we have a titan cooldown so we prevent from guilds constantly "farm" a titan but i think if we need to use the TKPS, everyone would fight titans untill dead, we would need to work a bit more but later at all the guild would recive the cherished epic.

Now many players might tell me but hey, that will cause us to gain less Fsp doing Titan Hunts and that might be true, but later at Epics would be more valuable and in some way or other that would prevent that Epics just die like many PvP items that are now just trash.

I think this would give everyone a chance to get more epics, to work a bit more and actually we would see real titan hunters out there, in the way i see. So thats my idea just want to know if its bad or no :)

Wish everyone a sweet day/night

Regards

Jose

--------------------------------------------

After thinking the things correctly about how to improve this we finished with this...

If we see the GvGs we can use the RP to buy Items and to cast buffs for members during a period of time. So im really sure if we think about how to use the TKP it would boost a bit more the hunts. So my idea is if we can buy buffs with RP we should do the same with TKPS. So for example just an idea if a Fuvayu appears and someone has 1k RP and he really think he can secure it this time he use that 1k RP from Fuvayu as thats the active titan, he cant use other TKP if he is not active. Using that 1k RP would give me idk, LF 250 and Conserve 200. Or for example use 3k TKP or 5k TKP to activate one buff that gives you 2 kills instead of 1 per every hit. So im sure that would boost collecting TKPS. Also there can be different buffs its just an idea, maybe we add that Inmobilise Titan that many players have told with this TKPS buffs. Looking Forward for some answers

Yours,

Jose :)

Edited by Jose, 21 November 2013 - 01:46.

#2 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 11 November 2013 - 04:17

My idea is if we have a page in guild that calls "Titan Rewards" but we rarely use it. Its very common that guilds or even players solo secure a titan by draining more than 50% from hp and then just let the titan there untill someone do the rest of the job. Actually that is fair as they won more kills than any other guild/player but what would happend if the only way to obtain the Epic item from each Titan would be by exchanging TKPS for them and not by 50% kills on each titan? I know we have a titan cooldown so we prevent from guilds constantly "farm" a titan but i think if we need to use the TKPS, everyone would fight titans untill dead, we would need to work a bit more but later at all the guild would recive the cherished epic.

Titan items seem to be coming into the AH now at a slower rate than previously. Maybe that's because less folk are hunting them and maybe it's because guilds are racing to a 50% + 1 kill secure and no-one else wants to do the "leg-work" for them to get their drop.

I had a thread http://forums.hunted...showtopic=58991 detailing possible solutions to the titan issue which got a fair amount of feedback.

My personal viewpoint is that there should be a "use it or lose it" decay built in somehow. Thinking about it, this could be implemented 1 of 2 ways ..

a ) The titan regenerates HP once a secure has been made and, if it recovers 50% of it's lost HP it despawns and the securing guild get nothing (nor do any other hunters get any TKP) 

b ) The titan regenerates slowly and if 1 week passes after the secure without it being killed, it simply vanishes, again with no-one getting a drop or TKP

Another option, that would assist both the above suggestions is making TKP a more attractive option.Other than seasonal titans, most require between 3.4 and 3.75 times the amount of kills through TKP than they do through a secure. Whilst I appreciate that a secure is the ideal way to get a drop, the TKP could easily be lowered to 2.5 or even 2.0 times the amount of kills.

All options would, I think, boost Titan activity  ..

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#3 grimnok

grimnok

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 917 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 16:57

If titans sticking around is a problem (why is that a problem, any more so than arenas taking a week to fill, I don't know), then making them disappear will help. 

If instead, you see the problem as the reward for cleaning up does not justify the stamina expended, then you have any number of options to improve that situation, all of which have been suggested more than once, on most every thread about titans take too long to drop.

Make them easier to clean up:

Add some sort of 'doubler' factor to cleaning up old titans.

Raise the number of HP a titan takes before moving away.

Improve rewards for cleaning up:

Increase TKP bonus % for old titans.

Increase desirability of titan rewards by allowing some sort of 'improvement' to them (vague on purpose)

The market for many titan rewards is very small.  There are many more items coming into existence then there are more players/guilds wanting to purchase them.  Additionally, many of them have little to no game play value apart from stamina gain.

In a sentence, making undesirable activities more undesirable, by adding to the effort involved, is bad.

#4 gilby90813

gilby90813

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 434 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 17:31

i think titan hunting is perfect the way it is dont make it require tkp that makes it less desirable to do...not only that there is some real titan hunting going on here and there. even though sometimes its just a party of one. i know sometimes it takes forever for a titan to be finished off but its because they are in the higher level ranges have u tried titan hunting in the 250 level range u actually have to race for your kills. The reason it takes longer for the higher level titan to be finished off is because it requires alot more effort and bcz they are a lil lazier too haha

#5 Lellarell

Lellarell

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 308 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 19:19

Tendentious and bad intentioned.

I voted for "Actually i think we should keep it normal, i like to gain epics faster.", but that's not what I mean.

Actually i think we should keep it normal, but players shouldn't know Titans' HP and the Kills over them.

So when Titan is defeated, the guild with the most kills will get the drop, regardless of %.

Also, a countdown to kill Titans would be amazing.

#6 vamunre

vamunre

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 596 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 20:51

The reason it takes longer for the higher level titan to be finished off is because it requires alot more effort and bcz they are a lil lazier too haha

Are you calling us higher levels lazy? No the real truth is it takes allot longer is because they have on average 1000 more titan HP.  Also it takes so much stamina.  I can easy 1 hit  lets say a Tsukiyaomos  all day long, but best I can do on a Epidemicus is 2 hit that is with CA and all the mega potions. so I am using 4 times the stamina plus it has more HP. that is why it takes so long to CLEAR.  GILBY90813 with your 13,262 max stamina you couldn't even clear say Dragonbane with full stamina useless you were using a conserve 500 potion.

#7 dragon1234

dragon1234

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,287 posts
  • Badge

Posted 11 November 2013 - 21:31

I think that there should be a time limit, but the 50% should be left in there. Just make it so that if the titan is defeated w/in 24 hours then whichever guild have 50%+1 kills should get the automatic drop. If it is after 24 hours, then regardless of kill total, TKP should be awarded to all guild according to the current %. Also maybe put a week limit where all TKP earned are halved if the Titan is not killed. 

dragon1234 - Ranger - lv 45

NoExercise - Tank - lv 45

DragonStorage - Storage - lv 13

#8 MaximusGR

MaximusGR

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,177 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 22:33

Titans have always been fair, from the first Ogalith that the guild Evolutions won, up until the implementation of TKP, kill delay and the new map system..Anyone that wanted to hunt a titan could always put together some guildmates, buffs and gear and smack away. Cooldown is a completely different issue but i guess its been discussed to death while i was away from the game so no point going back to HCS wrong-doings..

Now the interest is somewhat reduced because of the lower value of the drops, but that applies to very aspect of the game (arena most of all, scavenging, inventing..) What I would like to propose, since composing seems to be the new fashion, is to combine titan hunting with it.

Add to every titan in the game a drop rate for titan shards, depending on their level (i.e. 0.025% for titans up to lvl 100, 0.05% for those up to lvl 200 and so on). Then those titan shards could be fragmented and later on their fragments could be used for inventing Epic potions, along with the other ones composing already includes. More personal incentive to be involved, even in the Elemental ones, no risk of monopolies as the titans are there for everyone, even with the cooldown and definitely a motive to go after whatever titan is around regardless of how much the drop is worth or how much TKP it takes to obtain it. Epic potions that need titan fragments could also be the only ones made tradable through composing to add another aspect to this new feature of the game :)

Edited by MaximusGR, 11 November 2013 - 22:34.

#9 shindrak

shindrak

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,957 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 23:19

+1 suggested this before .. i think HC's said will look into it that time

That's when titan get's secured the number of kills per spawn Increases.. that's will encourage many player's to hunt them for tkp since it will take less time and less frustrating moving around in a huge map

The question Can they make codes to detect the titan if secured by a guild before it has killed? 

Edited by shindrak, 11 November 2013 - 23:19.

#10 watagashi

watagashi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,977 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 00:30

I posted a complaint that the seasonals dont spawn daily when they are out a limited time. We tried to get TKP for wickerman but it seems with a couple day break between spawns that go only for 2 weeks wont be enough time now :(

I support this idea because the leaving titans at 49% has been clogging them up pretty bad and is kinda silly that people secure and leave them. If not this then something to encourage people to finish should be looked into.

Perhaps reduce the TKP and make it 75% to secure?? That seems like it will do a few things for titans. It will make it harder to flat out secure and if a guild does there will be much less HP remaining for someone else to clean up and if not then a couple guilds get closer to the TKP goal.

Edited by watagashi, 12 November 2013 - 00:31.

#11 Lellarell

Lellarell

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 308 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 05:21

No! The buff Imobilize is coming. It'd be abusive.

#12 watagashi

watagashi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,977 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 06:24

No! The buff Imobilize is coming. It'd be abusive.

cant wait

#13 yghorbeviahn

yghorbeviahn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 08:06

I do a lot of titan hunting now, and I don't have any problem with actual system, not even with the seasonal titans+cooldown.

Some suggestions, but I don't know if they're really needed:

For a secure:
1st - Item
2nd - 100% bonus
3nd - 75% bonus
4nd - 50% bonus
5nd - 25% bonus

For a non-secure:
1st - 100%
2nd - 50%
3nd - 30%
4nd - 20%
5nd - 10%

But that will bring more Epics to the game, don't know if that is a good thing, since the prices are starting to raise again now. But small guild will have more profit hunting the titans which are already secured.

#14 Gutie

Gutie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 475 posts
  • Badge

Posted 12 November 2013 - 19:23

Note, I'm not POed or mad or anything, but I'm genuinely confused with the reasoning here. I'm not trying to be rude, nasty or mean SirBores21. You seem like you want everyone to have a shot and getting epics of their own. My key point is, don't give up just because you're having a rough go of it. Just keep at it. I was in a far weaker position than you were literally a year ago.

I'm going to be 100% honest. This is the total array of what I really think about what you are saying here. No malice. No ill will or hate on you. But I'm very passionate about FS. Titan hunting is one of the unique features it has. I think it is genuinely fair as is.

Anyhow let the tl;dr that might get picked apart by some begin.

As to your argument on prices of epics.... I must say has me totally confused... how does everyone having an epic make prices go up? Prices will bottom out and crash. Also how are they "epic" then when everyone has one, regardless of how much they value it personally?

Titan Rewards "rarely used"? You are genuinely misunderstanding what guilds who have to scrap and claw for TKP with the big 4 all the time go through. When we secure edging out other top titan hunting guilds or block them from a secure via an intense clash for the kills, it's a matter of pride, fair fight to seek to secure based on merit and effort. We've secured Tommy Aches Twice, and chipped away for Wickermans an Gurguiss under this system in the past month. The plurality of our secures on competitive epics come from that means via putting in the hard work of building up TKP until either we meet that threshold or tear it up and pound out a secure.

Your proposed changes actually hurt any guild who lacks a massive blob of people they can send out on a titan by mere whim. If anything an increase in spawn rates, or enaabling there to be two of the same titan out at the same time on different maps (with not being able to kill a titan they have kills on the other one of... much like with cooldown) can go a long way to making things more competitve.

What you are arguing in favor of actually kills competition between guilds who seek to go for it, and relegating it to (though I get and like the concept of more having access to epics) the sarcastic term "everyone gets a trophie" blares into my mind. Fair? FS is a game based on teamwork. Get to know people who titan hunt. I've seen you post a few times, and you seem like you'd easily make a lot more friends in FS than I would/have. Find some people you can trust on top of those you already do and can consider friends even if you never meet IRL. Do everything you can for a secure. If you're up for 38 hours in a row, and you are in a dead heat for a titan, jump in on that battle. I hold our titan hunters in an extremely high regard. We're heavily underestimated, but we have a core group that can take any other guild toe-to-toe given the chance. They, (or at least our titan hunters) enjoy being able to WIN.

Whether you mean to or not, you're literally calling for the killing of any notion of a battle in one of the best functions this game has to offer, and one of the best in MMOs I've ever come across. Some games have clan wars and the like, but Titan Hunting, the race to out kill other guilds in a FAIR environment, based on concentration, teamwork, communication, strategy, and effort. Nuking the capacity for guilds who posess these things in a caliber above others is something that to me is just plain WRONG.

As a Guild founder I'm so proud of our guild not giving a damn about how much resources and the like some "top-ranked" guild has to go after a kill. It's a fair race for a secure or placement when everyone is on the map. It's just a matter of being active, having good friends and having a passion for the game we all enjoy.

I don't begrudge you for feeling like it's a rough fight to have to deal with other guilds that have established themselves as titan hunting guilds. We've been told just because we don't secure enough that people won't consider us in the past. Just keep fighting, go at it. Just don't call for the rules to be changed just because it's a rough go at it for you. Not cool to do imo.

Just because you can't secure against top flight guilds right now doesn't mean you and your buddies won't be able to thrash other guilds down the road. I really think with the passion you have for the game to be so strongly concerned about this really points to the fact that you genuinely care about it. Just take note that the system promotes effort and teamwork as it is. I think that is a critical thing that is good about the game.

Anyhow, I'll stop blabbing for now, X_X

GutieGGtsig_zps678d4c8f.png

Are you active? Enjoy playing FS for fun and striving for lofty goals? Looking to join a guild that invests in itself and seeks to improve and grow in all aspects of the game?

Secret Alliance can be your home in FS! We are looking for active, motivated and driven players who have a passion and genuine enjoyment of FS to join us as we continue to rise towards the TOP! If interested feel free to send me a PM.

SA is also looking for one or two guild mergers INTO SA. Feel free to ask for details.

#15 Jose

Jose

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 155 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 19:39

First of all just want to thanks everyone for the answers :)

Now about Gutie, i never said i cant secure Titans alone. Ive done it few times before already and alone which means its possible for everyone. The way i see this is that if we dont get a item for each secure and we just win TKPS it would bring less epics to game than Securing Titans. (Thats what i think) Thats why i think its more fair, just look Scout Tower, that Kojin Titan has been there for weeks? I dont find it lets say.. funny. If you win TKPS im sure it would be already dead. I dont want to mix things, but if we need a min of two players for gvgs i think it should apply same with Titans. As i think its not fair than a player can solo secure a Titan, thats what your telling about teamwork.

To be honest, this thread was made with the ideas from other players that contacted me about how i secured some titans alone and they told me this many times... We cant race against stronger guilds and then we must do the pig job and finish the titans they let out there bleeding. So in some way i think thats why it would be better, like personally i like to finish the things i start. But like i told just an idea that i think wont work as many players like the way it is :)

Good luck everyone

#16 yghorbeviahn

yghorbeviahn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 19:46

I believe I'm part of the 'Big 4' Gutie mentioned (I'm part of TED), and we always hunt with 2-3 hunters, not much of people, some titans use more hunters, but that's rare. It's a fair race, you just need the knowledge and the people active.

There is more than 1 month without any normal hunt (normal mobs), I'm only killing titans, and I ahve 10K stamina and lvl 700, so I believe everyone can hunt titans, you just need to choose a active guild, or find active members on your own guild to start this.

And I've soloed some titans too (Tsuki, Oggy and Kraken), using LF1250 Loyalty pot, you just need to find a good server time with less people to hunt against you.

I believe your choices are applied everyone will quit titan hunting.

#17 yghorbeviahn

yghorbeviahn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 19:48

About the kojin, he is there yet because of Halloween Event and seasonal titans, everyone is saving stamina now.

#18 vikingv

vikingv

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 239 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 11:11

I think the Titans are fine as it is now

#19 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,819 posts
  • Badge

Posted 13 November 2013 - 12:02

The Titans are about as fair as is possible now. I know there have been posts regarding the TKP costs on the normal Titans (Seasonals are half the appropriate number) from a player (I think Parduox? (sp?)) which I'll have a look at sometime but it's not on the cards any time soon.

#20 watagashi

watagashi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,977 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 13:19

The Titans are about as fair as is possible now. I know there have been posts regarding the TKP costs on the normal Titans (Seasonals are half the appropriate number) from a player (I think Parduox? (sp?)) which I'll have a look at sometime but it's not on the cards any time soon.

they are fair and so is TKP,, but is there any way to find a fair way to encourage the guild who secured to clean it up as well? A lot of titans get left for someone else to clean up after a secure and sit for a long time.

Or in the case when one is secured is there a fair way to award a bit more TKP to the other places (2nd-5th) for cleaning up the other half of the HP after the securing guild quit?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: