79 replies to this topic

#21 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 19 January 2016 - 00:18

Rather be in a new world, starting at level one.. Alpha testing for the new map had it.. And it would be an excellent chance to let all beta players experience the start of the game.. Great opportunity to give feedback and suggestions for new players..

Would that be possible Hoof???

True...put them in a MASTER guild that has multiple sets to use...etc

#22 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 19 January 2016 - 00:46

Rather be in a new world, starting at level one.. Alpha testing for the new map had it.. And it would be an excellent chance to let all beta players experience the start of the game.. Great opportunity to give feedback and suggestions for new players..

Would that be possible Hoof???

Aye - and it might be something we look at doing initially as the game experience for new players will definitely be something we want to look at. So yeah there is potential that we might create a separate 'test world' for the app whereby you'd login with the same HCS account on the app, but it would be a test character instead :)

#23 Slingy

Slingy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 19 January 2016 - 01:00

This sounds awesome, been waiting for this ever since I joined the game

Also I agree with the test world and character, wouldn't want anything bad to happen :P

#24 Auron FFX

Auron FFX

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 134 posts

Posted 19 January 2016 - 20:12

Hope this works with Android Lollipop. I can't wait to try it on my Samsung Galaxy Tab 4.

May the odds be ever in your favor

hWtBGE5.gif
My wiki user page

#25 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 30 January 2016 - 19:57

Just curious on the changes you plan to make to the game along side releasing the FSH app. Would appreciate an agenda maybe at some point? We all know there won't be much success just releasing the app with the current state of the game to do with new players.

#26 WWWolf

WWWolf
  • United States of America

Posted 01 February 2016 - 19:21

Is there any chance we will be able to log in with the app with it not logging us out of the browser version?  I use my phone a lot as well as my computer and it is quite annoying to constantly have to log in every time you use a different device.

#27 RebornJedi

RebornJedi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 01 February 2016 - 20:04

Is there any chance we will be able to log in with the app with it not logging us out of the browser version?  I use my phone a lot as well as my computer and it is quite annoying to constantly have to log in every time you use a different device.

This is from another thread about the beta.. He said this to a similar inquiry

For the sign-in, you'll be able to get the app to save your details so you don't have to enter your info each time (unless you want to of course)

#28 WWWolf

WWWolf

Posted 02 February 2016 - 19:15

Yeah, I saw that but that just means it will save your password - you can get your browser to do that as well.  The annoying part is that logging in on one device logs you out on another.  This may be by design but it is annoying at times...

#29 TxLxS

TxLxS

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 169 posts

Posted 08 February 2016 - 05:06

I had another question on app will it make Titan hunting slighly easier off of mobile I don't own a pc I've only secured 2 Titans :) every time I try to attack and Titan respawns I end up hitting the message player button of other person on square it really sucks slows me down :/ thanks for any info in advance :)

#30 sweetlou

sweetlou

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,958 posts

Posted 09 February 2016 - 15:48

The cows have been especially quiet lately. Any word on when the beta app is released?

[Signature removed]

“When you tear out a man's tongue, you are not proving him a liar, you're only telling the world that you fear what he might say.” -GRRM

#31 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 09 February 2016 - 16:54

The cows have been especially quiet lately. Any word on when the beta app is released?

Very interested myself... Would love to see updates :P

#32 Egami

Egami

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,863 posts

Posted 09 February 2016 - 17:07

Yeah, I saw that but that just means it will save your password - you can get your browser to do that as well.  The annoying part is that logging in on one device logs you out on another.  This may be by design but it is annoying at times...

Yeah, my personal issue is that it happens from my same device if/when I switch browsers. I'm not sure how they'd fix that. 

Some type of registration? I guess there are security issues which is the same reason (maybe?) we get logged out on occasion. 

In my pessimistic thinking, I figured the cell-desktop log-out issue was due to those that leave their auto-refresh on at home for buffs and check in via their phone. 

In any case, within the last week, BG has said that they don't have release dates.

I kind of hope that the app release will implement certain FSH features (like the "quick take options" throughout) and then be "reverse implemented" into the "regular" game. 

#33 yotwehc

yotwehc

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 09 February 2016 - 17:48

I could've sworn I read something somewhere about "later this year"...

Oh yeah, there it is (can't figure out how to bold from phone):
"Interested in being one of the first to try out the new Fallen Sword App later this year?"

Edited by yotwehc, 09 February 2016 - 17:50.

#34 WWWolf

WWWolf

Posted 09 February 2016 - 17:50

Yeah, my personal issue is that it happens from my same device if/when I switch browsers. I'm not sure how they'd fix that. 

Some type of registration? I guess there are security issues which is the same reason (maybe?) we get logged out on occasion. 

In my pessimistic thinking, I figured the cell-desktop log-out issue was due to those that leave their auto-refresh on at home for buffs and check in via their phone. 

In any case, within the last week, BG has said that they don't have release dates.

I kind of hope that the app release will implement certain FSH features (like the "quick take options" throughout) and then be "reverse implemented" into the "regular" game. 

Yes, I sometimes (rarely) even get logged out of the game when I log on to the forum on the same browser or vise-versa. My browser does store my password so I don't have to type it every time but it is still a bit annoying...

#35 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,282 posts

Posted 15 February 2016 - 17:16

I had another question on app will it make Titan hunting slighly easier off of mobile I don't own a pc I've only secured 2 Titans :) every time I try to attack and Titan respawns I end up hitting the message player button of other person on square it really sucks slows me down :/ thanks for any info in advance :)

Honey, you can disable the actions for players in character > preferences > user interface. I believe its in the middle of the right hand side list there. You can also disable other critters showing up when titans are present.... Don't forget to re-enable them if you're hunting in a Titan's realm though. I thought I was going crazy....

Back on topic:

I can't wait for the time to come. I don't own a computer and I am very interested in finding out if hunting in particular is easier. As it is now, I don't bother with AM when I hunt, because the button to refresh the action list is so tiny, it's hard to touch, even with a stylus. Very irritating....

Just one old lady's opinion

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

Have you hugged your Quango lately?

#36 RebornJedi

RebornJedi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 15 February 2016 - 17:41

Mobile hunting could be made easier without an app if the interface was just changed a bit.. The tiny action list refresh button is just one big issue that could be fixed with a small adjustments of size or placement.. Add in directional arrows (maybe the same pop up sytle as action list) and bigger number buttons for killing, then leveling/global questts would be a lot more probable on mobile devices..

Titan hunting is another story.. Putting the map on a separate page of its own and have it static when your character is moving, or option to.. Then the adjusted refresh button like above or just let us attempt to kill titan by pressing same button without refreshing (taking out the step for refreshing would be easier).. A stylus would be needed for pinpoint accuracy with a zoomed out map too, especially for phones.. Even on my smaller tablet, I would still use it..

The main thing I'm excited for the App is changing gear and drinking potions.. I really hope I can equip/drink without loading a new page each time (something the game should have overall)

#37 TxLxS

TxLxS

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 169 posts

Posted 23 April 2016 - 14:32

Any news on the app or beta release :) I was checking my email like maybe I missed it but I didn't :/

#38 yotekiller

yotekiller

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,543 posts

Posted 23 April 2016 - 15:43

I hunt on PC but I do lots of other stuff on tablet.  Biggest thing I miss on tablet is the mouse over feature.  If you don't already know what you are looking at then the only way to see it is to click on it.  Really bad for potions and you have to look fast on gear because it changes pages and is gone.

Screenshot everything!

#39 RebornJedi

RebornJedi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 23 April 2016 - 16:32

I hunt on PC but I do lots of other stuff on tablet. Biggest thing I miss on tablet is the mouse over feature. If you don't already know what you are looking at then the only way to see it is to click on it. Really bad for potions and you have to look fast on gear because it changes pages and is gone.

Click and hold the item until the pop up menu appears, like open in new tab/copy/save/etc, then click off or tablet back button.. mouse over for item or whatever will appear and stay up until you click elsewhere.. if you are using the tablet vertically, doing this technique while zoomed in at all will have the mouse over appear out of view.. which is a pain

I have found a lot of mouse over bugs, like mouse over pop ups staying up no matter where i click and ill have to reload or visit another page..

Wonder how hoof is going to have mouse overs work in the app.. its used in too much of the game to leave it out

Edited by RebornJedi, 23 April 2016 - 16:35.

#40 CountFxUup

CountFxUup

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 01 June 2016 - 16:59

Any new development in this mobile app yet been looking forward to a date so I can start playing from my phone

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: