79 replies to this topic

#41 Filletminion

Filletminion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,326 posts

Posted 04 June 2016 - 02:15

Any new development in this mobile app yet been looking forward to a date so I can start playing from my phone

https://forums.hunte...ter#entry963414

think Hoofs answer at post#14 sums it up best

#42 sweetlou

sweetlou

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,958 posts

Posted 04 June 2016 - 06:23

https://forums.hunte...ter#entry963414

think Hoofs answer at post#14 sums it up best

While communication from Hoof is always eye opening, he answered in vague terms. "In the works" could mean absolutely anything. If previous game release examples of "cow time" are any indication, the wait will likely be very long. Exactly what is going to happen is kept reserved because he may not know yet, circumstances change, and hard commitments wouldn't be prudent for the game.

I would argue against using valuable resources to develop such a massive project for a mature game. Would it attract enough new players to justify the cost? I don't think so. It's doubtful players would join, see players 3000 levels ahead and stick around or say let me donate and race through the game even if it could be done easily from their phone/tablet. Isn't the mobile game market well saturated already? I think the risk is too great.

On the other hand, a much less time consuming new aspect, or return of a reinvented Seasons, using HCS' tried and proven development methods of player input would be less costly and reinvigorate the player base. Remember that a fun, exciting game attracts players. Looking past the development debacle of Seasons, the last full coded game update was the now 3 year old Composing, and look at the issues that have arisen from unbridled skill levels.

[Signature removed]

“When you tear out a man's tongue, you are not proving him a liar, you're only telling the world that you fear what he might say.” -GRRM

#43 yodamus

yodamus

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,119 posts

Posted 04 June 2016 - 19:03

While communication from Hoof is always eye opening, he answered in vague terms. "In the works" could mean absolutely anything. If previous game release examples of "cow time" are any indication, the wait will likely be very long. Exactly what is going to happen is kept reserved because he may not know yet, circumstances change, and hard commitments wouldn't be prudent for the game.

I would argue against using valuable resources to develop such a massive project for a mature game. Would it attract enough new players to justify the cost? I don't think so. It's doubtful players would join, see players 3000 levels ahead and stick around or say let me donate and race through the game even if it could be done easily from their phone/tablet. Isn't the mobile game market well saturated already? I think the risk is too great.

On the other hand, a much less time consuming new aspect, or return of a reinvented Seasons, using HCS' tried and proven development methods of player input would be less costly and reinvigorate the player base. Remember that a fun, exciting game attracts players. Looking past the development debacle of Seasons, the last full coded game update was the now 3 year old Composing, and look at the issues that have arisen from unbridled skill levels.

+1 million..new players are to far behind and too many aspects of the game are lacking player involvement... they will see parts of the game that are super slow and people nowadays want instant gratifacation..and really not sure how to fix that..time cant go back

#44 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 05 June 2016 - 01:35

Sure it can...Reset levels but keep upgrades :P

#45 Gutie

Gutie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 475 posts
  • Badge

Posted 19 June 2016 - 06:16

Or just accelerate content for lower levels to 399.

GutieGGtsig_zps678d4c8f.png

Are you active? Enjoy playing FS for fun and striving for lofty goals? Looking to join a guild that invests in itself and seeks to improve and grow in all aspects of the game?

Secret Alliance can be your home in FS! We are looking for active, motivated and driven players who have a passion and genuine enjoyment of FS to join us as we continue to rise towards the TOP! If interested feel free to send me a PM.

SA is also looking for one or two guild mergers INTO SA. Feel free to ask for details.

#46 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 19 June 2016 - 19:00

Or just accelerate content for lower levels to 399.

At this point accelerate levels to 1000... LOL

#47 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 19 June 2016 - 20:06

What gives with this ? - No comment from Hoof regarding it for ages and, at the time, he said it was the most important thing for the game.

If that's so, the rest of the game doesn't seem to hold out much hope - where IS Hoof anyways ?

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#48 TxLxS

TxLxS

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 169 posts

Posted 19 June 2016 - 21:51

Hmm maybe start players at a higher lvl 100 and shift content lvls up so lvl 250 content become 350 ect but content stays the same they just work on some of it to improve I know it's off topic lol

#49 Gutie

Gutie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 475 posts
  • Badge

Posted 29 June 2016 - 14:56

At this point accelerate levels to 1000... LOL

TBH I proposed making 1-399 3-5x XP and 422-940 2x-3x XP, and increasing all player's base max stam to 1200 or 2500 (24-50 hours to max via base stam gain of 50)

Along with getting rid of the XP Gain nerf for players sub 500 previously, but the typical suspects crying about "it wasn't like that for us 9001 years ago" So it never got much traction. IMO Karthak isn't even 1/3 the way to EOC anymore, and any new play sees it as totally impossible to reach EOC... at least make it more feasible to get to where you can experience part of the game in less than a year.

GutieGGtsig_zps678d4c8f.png

Are you active? Enjoy playing FS for fun and striving for lofty goals? Looking to join a guild that invests in itself and seeks to improve and grow in all aspects of the game?

Secret Alliance can be your home in FS! We are looking for active, motivated and driven players who have a passion and genuine enjoyment of FS to join us as we continue to rise towards the TOP! If interested feel free to send me a PM.

SA is also looking for one or two guild mergers INTO SA. Feel free to ask for details.

#50 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 29 June 2016 - 21:38

TBH I proposed making 1-399 3-5x XP and 422-940 2x-3x XP, and increasing all player's base max stam to 1200 or 2500 (24-50 hours to max via base stam gain of 50)

Along with getting rid of the XP Gain nerf for players sub 500 previously, but the typical suspects crying about "it wasn't like that for us 9001 years ago" So it never got much traction. IMO Karthak isn't even 1/3 the way to EOC anymore, and any new play sees it as totally impossible to reach EOC... at least make it more feasible to get to where you can experience part of the game in less than a year.

Eventually it's going to take a century for new players to catch up... The gap is ever expanding between new players and EoC players definitely needs to be some catch up formula that's why the games failing. If i joined the game right now god i'd be long gone after looking forward. Goals of reaching or even coming slightly close to EoC will take like a decade to do anything lol.

On another note the excitement factor of the app is long over. To be completely honest i can care less when it comes out now. Probably not the only one. Should waited to announce anything if it wasn't in the imminent future. Needless to say the game has been very dry lately :( not fun at all. Personally believe HCS spread themselves too thin with all the games/stuff going on lately...eldevin...app...all the other cow games...None of them are getting the right touch of love it's spread out over them all and quite frankly none of them are getting the proper attention because of it. Sure they might pull 100% focus to FS or whatever blah blah for maybe a month but then they will disappear off the face of the earth for another 6 months when the do the same to all the other games. Honestly as a player i'm very disappointed over the past few years. Slowly but surely losing interest in FS. If nothing changes i really think FS will continue to wither away :( as well as all the other games.

Edited by EpicPiety, 29 June 2016 - 21:47.

#51 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 30 June 2016 - 12:52

I'm hopeful that we'll have it playable as a beta by the end of the year (not all the features of the game however). I'm seeing it more as a companion app initially so you can play on the move as well as on your computer / laptop. Eventually it would be great to have all the features, but I think focusing on the core of the game (ie. moving around the map, attacking creatures etc.) would be a good first step to have out there. Just thinking out loud on this.

#52 Kedyn

Kedyn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 698 posts
  • Badge
  • United States of America

Posted 30 June 2016 - 13:25

I'm hopeful that we'll have it playable as a beta by the end of the year (not all the features of the game however). I'm seeing it more as a companion app initially so you can play on the move as well as on your computer / laptop. Eventually it would be great to have all the features, but I think focusing on the core of the game (ie. moving around the map, attacking creatures etc.) would be a good first step to have out there. Just thinking out loud on this.

First, Hoof great to see you back on the forums! 

I'd agree that starting out as a companion app wouldn't be a bad idea to start, as long as the development continued. Some of the main features I'd personally like to see added is the Quick change of gear (ie using sets to change), attacking players (GVG or PVP/Bounty Board), notifications when getting attacked, and movement around the map/attacking creatures. 

I don't think I'd hunt on my phone, but the idea of walking to a relic to grab it back wouldn't hurt. 

#53 Belaric

Belaric

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 860 posts

Posted 01 July 2016 - 06:40

So the app is not going to be fully functional? All you can do is produce a companion app initially? After previously leading me, at least, to believe you were going to create a fully mobile game interface? Colour me ambivalent on this news.

What features of the game will not be available? I'd really like to know that now, if you can share that info. No waffle, a clear indication. Will the auction house be available? Secure trades? Guild page functionality? GvG? PvP? What features do you think will not be playable in this mobile companion app when it first goes live?

Will this limited version be able, in your opinion, to attract and retain exclusively mobile players to the game? I suspect not, if it is only a companion app - that indicates to me the continuing primacy of the hard connection as a way to play the game.

And this less than previously advertised mobile interface will not be available until the end of the year at best, which, after some experience with HCS deadlines does not inspire confidence. 

I have long asserted that this game's best chance of long term survival was to go fully mobile. To be told we are getting a half-way house of mobile functionality is not good news from my perspective. I hope I'm wrong, and you, the business owner and operator, are right.

Good-bye and hello, as always.

#54 Filletminion

Filletminion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,326 posts

Posted 01 July 2016 - 08:50

My phone already does this on the full site..

#55 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 01 July 2016 - 18:25

-Extreme disapointment-

Totally agree...They lead us all to believe this would be something that would bring in fresh blood they gave us false hope if you ask me. I really don't see the point of the app being released as an companion app the players that already play the game could care less about that for the most part we play from the browser.

#56 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 01 July 2016 - 21:33

So the app is not going to be fully functional? All you can do is produce a companion app initially? After previously leading me, at least, to believe you were going to create a fully mobile game interface? Colour me ambivalent on this news.

Sorry I guess companion app isn't quite correct. By that meant that during beta, not all the functionality will be there so it wouldn't be possible to play all aspects of the game on phone / tablet. The overall aim however is to add all the functionality of the game so it can be played fully on mobile / tablet with a new, slick interface :) 

#57 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 01 July 2016 - 21:36

Sorry I guess companion app isn't quite correct. By that meant that during beta, not all the functionality will be there so it wouldn't be possible to play all aspects of the game on phone / tablet. The overall aim however is to add all the functionality of the game so it can be played fully on mobile / tablet with a new, slick interface :)

But still the beta by YEAR END ? - I thought you said, earlier, that this was the driving force for the game ?

Can we ask what has changed for it to take a back-seat now ? (not that I expect you to answer, but nothing ventured, nothing gained LOL)

Is it this "new game" that one of the staff alluded to some time ago ?

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#58 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 01 July 2016 - 21:41

But still the beta by YEAR END ?

That's what we're aiming for yeah - it's a lot of work :)

#59 yodamus

yodamus

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,119 posts

Posted 01 July 2016 - 21:45

i have long since been asking for this...i will be dead before i reach eoc, even if they stopped content now..i get further behind every year (because i do more than leveling) ..but i still should be able to move thru the game faster early on..then slow then leveling down later in levels..new pl,ayers are easily discouraged when seeing the top levels..and after playing a week..see they will never get close to that..my monthly top-rated is 6 years old..only 3 at eoc..or near it..takes years to get to eoc..should not takes massive of amount years..

#60 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 02 July 2016 - 01:32

Is it this "new game" that one of the staff alluded to some time ago ?

Yea BG has said he's been busy. Sure isn't with FS. Been months since he's said he's been working on stuff and it's not done. Leads me to believe FS is going to go through another dry period like when eldevin was being developed...idk if it can take another dry period... it might die.

Edited by EpicPiety, 02 July 2016 - 01:32.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: