Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,863 posts

Posted 24 May 2016 - 21:41

EDIT:

Hi there Everyone!

doublexpevent.png

We will be running a Double XP event at the end of the month! This means that during the event, all creatures will give DOUBLE their normal xp.

The event will start on Thursday the 30th of June at 15:00 hours (Server Time) and will be running for 72 hours.

~ The Fallen Sword Team

Previously on Egami wacky threads:

It started awhile ago, so here it goes...

As all newcomers to FS should know (and old members should be reminded), double XP events are never a "given". 

There is no guarantee that there will be a double XP event this summer, let alone in June. 

But the speculation has begun, so I thought it would be handy for people to post their "best bets" in a single place and, thus, be able to direct FS players here when they ask in Global Chat, your Guild, blah, blah, blah. 

Please, please, keep on the topic, ie, your thoughts on when the double XP "might" happen. It's fine if you want to say that you don't think it will happen. I simply really don't want to see a discussion of whether it should happen or not. That is NOT the topic. 

I know that FS players have a wide variety of resources that aren't readily available.

I have seen myself some recent info in the Global Chat that I didn't take down.

In any case, I'll start off with the Wiki page (which is actually lacking the info on the Xmas double XP in 2015). 

Here's the link.

Edited by Egami, 16 June 2016 - 14:42.

#2 Davros81

Davros81

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 949 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 24 May 2016 - 21:50

I would estimate that the event, should it occur, would start the 2nd weekend of June, but please do not quote me on that.

Ta

#3 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 24 May 2016 - 21:59

It'll happen when/if it'll happen - that's my speculation :D

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#4 iJasonUK

iJasonUK

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 24 May 2016 - 23:14

Personally I think it will happen tonight :P

Winner Winner, Chicken Dinner

#5 Removed18058

Removed18058

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,401 posts
  • Badge

Posted 25 May 2016 - 09:04

won't happen they hype all folks that there will be one hold an offer people buy fsp to hunt and then boom no double exp

Fastest asv healer
Fastest rg healer

fastest icc healer in progress

Gotta go fast :P

#6 Egami

Egami

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,863 posts

Posted 25 May 2016 - 18:05

lol.

Okay, guess I'll start: 

Based on the recent trend of these being 96 hours, I've had this random gut feeling (which by the very nature of it being mentioned, might mean it's discarded, lol) that it would start on a Thursday. Yeah, that would break trend. Might help with HCS monitoring though. 

Based on the "Thursday idea", I'm thinking either the 16th or the 23rd.

I think the summer solstice on June 20th was mentioned in the Global Chat. That makes me lean a little bit more towards the 16th. 

#7 BeigeRhino

BeigeRhino

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 25 May 2016 - 18:35

I'm a betting man  :ph34r:  ........ so going to place my bet for Friday 24th June 15:00 :o ......... But just be happy to see the summer event ;)

#8 Egami

Egami

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,863 posts

Posted 25 May 2016 - 18:58

I'm a betting man  :ph34r:  ........ so going to place my bet for Friday 24th June 15:00 :o ......... But just be happy to see the summer event ;)

I think that's a pretty good choice. Before I started looking at the calendars, I had responded in the "June 20's". lol.

#9 rowbeth

rowbeth

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,108 posts

Posted 25 May 2016 - 22:14

(which by the very nature of it being mentioned, might mean it's discarded, lol)

That was going to be my bid! I reckon it will start on a date in June that is *not* mentioned in this thread.

(Of course, now I've mentioned every date in June that no one else mentions - so maybe that means it won't happen -- unless BG decides on the double bluff strategy --- ... ---- does this line of logic ever get to stop?)

#10 Josh1404

Josh1404

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,618 posts

Posted 26 May 2016 - 12:31

I truly don't mind when it is my only hope is that there is one. Also a heads up from BG about when it will be would be nice. Not asking for a huge warning just a week or so to allow those who want to invest time into the event enough time to prepare and make the most of it.

Just saying I think it would benefit a lot of people. But I get that the event should be spontaneous though obviously by the nature of this thread there is speculation about it anyway. :)

Edited by Josh1404, 26 May 2016 - 12:34.

#11 Josh1404

Josh1404

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,618 posts

Posted 26 May 2016 - 14:23

Also do we think this FSP offer will be the final offer before the event? Just I am not too keen on donating now if there is to be a better reward in a few weeks time. This chest is a bit mediocre really but needs must if I have to...

#12 Egami

Egami

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,863 posts

Posted 26 May 2016 - 20:39

Yeah, I doubt there will be a purposeful hint and I really hope there isn't.

I "think" BG is on his toes (total hearsay speculation, btw) to not give anything away. But if it does happen, I'd like to see players post the info here.

As time goes on, my speculation changes... summer solstice on the 20th. Doubting the Thursday (let's fix issues) hypothesis. Rolling more today towards the 23rd if it's a Thursday, and harder bet on the 24th. 

Thoughts?

#13 Belaric

Belaric

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 860 posts

Posted 26 May 2016 - 20:45

It will be whenever I am far away from an internet connection. Which won't be a problem if there isn't too much new content! LOL!

Good-bye and hello, as always.

#14 Egami

Egami

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,863 posts

Posted 26 May 2016 - 21:42

It will be whenever I am far away from an internet connection. Which won't be a problem if there isn't too much new content! LOL!

lmao... can you give us an idea when you'll be far away? 

Maybe that could help with the speculation ,OP

#15 yotekiller

yotekiller

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,543 posts

Posted 27 May 2016 - 10:27

Everybody is looking mid to late June and I won't be at full stam until the second weekend so that's a guarantee it will be the first weekend.

Screenshot everything!

#16 leefylee

leefylee

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 426 posts
  • Badge

Posted 27 May 2016 - 11:24

my predicted date for a 2x xp event is 24/6/16.

Edited by leefylee, 28 May 2016 - 09:37.

#17 Undjuvion

Undjuvion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,623 posts
  • Australia

Posted 27 May 2016 - 13:03

lol.

Okay, guess I'll start: 

Based on the recent trend of these being 96 hours, I've had this random gut feeling (which by the very nature of it being mentioned, might mean it's discarded, lol) that it would start on a Thursday. Yeah, that would break trend. Might help with HCS monitoring though. 

Based on the "Thursday idea", I'm thinking either the 16th or the 23rd.

I think the summer solstice on June 20th was mentioned in the Global Chat. That makes me lean a little bit more towards the 16th. 

u often make quite educated guesses egami, be interesting to see if u are close or right!

my opinion is i also would like u to be right, that is a very convenient time for me :)

#18 Egami

Egami

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,863 posts

Posted 28 May 2016 - 04:02

Thanks Juvi... I have to admit that I have not really provided an educated guess in this post. 

I tend to sit back for a long time, but the whole idea here couldn't possibly allow that. 

I just saw the speculation starting, had a lot of log fill as well on the issue, and thought it might be fun to start a post on it. 

There are tons out there in Eldirath that keep track of things and have better info than I do. 

All I can say is that the undead are rising. I never much cared for the double XP, but it does have an effect. 

But hey, who knows if it will even happen? 

#19 leefylee

leefylee

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 426 posts
  • Badge

Posted 28 May 2016 - 09:39

heres the wiki >>

http://wiki.fallensw...ex.php/Xp_Event

#20 Undjuvion

Undjuvion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,623 posts
  • Australia

Posted 28 May 2016 - 16:54

Thanks Juvi... I have to admit that I have not really provided an educated guess in this post. 

I tend to sit back for a long time, but the whole idea here couldn't possibly allow that. 

I just saw the speculation starting, had a lot of log fill as well on the issue, and thought it might be fun to start a post on it. 

There are tons out there in Eldirath that keep track of things and have better info than I do. 

All I can say is that the undead are rising. I never much cared for the double XP, but it does have an effect. 

But hey, who knows if it will even happen? 

i beg to differ, the thing with guessing, means u dont know, this is something we cannot guess, so one makes a baseless "guess" when one uses their educated intelligence to create the most believable nonsense ones mind can rather than simply blurting lesser nonsense, u went and added thoughts of things u kind of knew could maybe be used to associate facts and greater intelligized nonsense to your guess, i for one call that an educated guess, in regards to guessing something one cannot guess with no substancial information :-)

though as leefy pointed out, we can safely assume, i use the term safely very loosely, it would likely be june or maybe july,

ill make a non educated guess, i think it will be the 19th of june, cos atm i like that number and why the hell should it not be the 19th, who is anyone to say my guess is invalid and not a proper guess, nope i changed my guess now to the 27th cos i wanna be tricky, haha yes the 27th ;D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: