109 replies to this topic

#21 vamunre

vamunre

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 596 posts

Posted 28 May 2016 - 19:42

I truly hope the xp event even happens! The worst part about the possible event is waiting and not knowing. Stamina takes far to long to build if you have upgraded. I am no wear close to having as much max stamina as some. Even with  having the best stamina gain items in the game, It takes me 17 days to refill. So for some they wait and do not use their stamina once its gets close to full around the months of June and December and when they could if a date/ event was confirmed. 

This effects everyone in game from gold thefts to titan hunting. That is the part that I wish HCS would consider why revealing a date is important if it is even going to happen.

#22 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 28 May 2016 - 22:44

I truly hope the xp event even happens! The worst part about the possible event is waiting and not knowing. Stamina takes far to long to build if you have upgraded. I am no wear close to having as much max stamina as some. Even with  having the best stamina gain items in the game, It takes me 17 days to refill. So for some they wait and do not use their stamina once its gets close to full around the months of June and December and when they could if a date/ event was confirmed. 

This effects everyone in game from gold thefts to titan hunting. That is the part that I wish HCS would consider why revealing a date is important if it is even going to happen.

We'll just have to agree to disagree. Personally, I wish they'd give ZERO notice of an XP event and stop the "June / December" predictability. That way, you either get lucky or you don't.

BUT, I know they're not brave enough to do that because of all the flack they'd cop from those "unlucky" ones (despite, perhaps, them having been the "lucky" ones previously LOL).

So, I think the weeks heads-up is an ideal compromise....

Edited by Pardoux, 28 May 2016 - 22:44.

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#23 stimpysam

stimpysam

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 120 posts
  • Badge

Posted 28 May 2016 - 23:33

I predict that Friday 24 June is going to be a warm sunny day! And a wonderful time to start a double xp event.  :wub: 

#24 TxLxS

TxLxS

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 169 posts

Posted 29 May 2016 - 00:54

I hope it's June 4th weekend just cause the 4th is my b-day lol

#25 Egami

Egami

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,863 posts

Posted 29 May 2016 - 10:11

The worst part about the possible event is waiting and not knowing. Stamina takes far to long to build if you have upgraded. 

I kind of think it's fun... it does spawn the "excitement". Activity picks up a bit... all good.

That said, I get you which leads me to my speculation point:

Given HCS' penchant for forcing decision making, I'm guessing an event has to come perhaps the week before. Grant it, I "think" they're a week behind on the GE, but hey.

They could be "nice" and do a GE (keep in mind, I think there will be a GE next week. Not talking about that) during the supposed double XP start date.

If they did it a week before, then people close to max could have an easy way to burn stam and not overflow.

Anyway, I'm still going with the 23rd, more on a wish for a Thursday start. Rationally, I'm thinking the 24th. That seems to be what a good number here are thinking.

#26 Kedyn

Kedyn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 698 posts
  • Badge
  • United States of America

Posted 29 May 2016 - 14:02

I kind of think it's fun... it does spawn the "excitement". Activity picks up a bit... all good.

That said, I get you which leads me to my speculation point:

Given HCS' penchant for forcing decision making, I'm guessing an event has to come perhaps the week before. Grant it, I "think" they're a week behind on the GE, but hey.

They could be "nice" and do a GE (keep in mind, I think there will be a GE next week. Not talking about that) during the supposed double XP start date.

If they did it a week before, then people close to max could have an easy way to burn stam and not overflow.

Anyway, I'm still going with the 23rd, more on a wish for a Thursday start. Rationally, I'm thinking the 24th. That seems to be what a good number here are thinking.

Usually the Global Event comes after 2x XP, and we usually miss the goal as a community. I wouldn't be surprised to see another LE event or Crystal event with a Global during the 2x XP. 

We'll see - I'm with Par on his posts. It would be great to see less reliability and more "luckiness" set around the 2x XP, even if it meant 3-4 events throughout the year. 

#27 zirxa

zirxa

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 692 posts
  • Badge

Posted 30 May 2016 - 23:04

any word on if/when xp event comes out in june?

~~DARKENESS IS COMING ... RUN & HIDE OR FIGHT WITH PRIDE~~

CHARACTERS:  ZIRXA = LVL  49RANGER(back to daily's :( :angry:

life saver = LVL 9 healer

( why are there some folks that gang up on me? no need to be scared or jealous we gamers)

Check out my current auctions here!

#28 Egami

Egami

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,863 posts

Posted 31 May 2016 - 18:56

any word on if/when xp event comes out in june?

So far, looks like consensus is pointing towards June 24. Just speculation mind you... 

Investing in preparation for supposed double XP events involves risk. Egami will not accept any liability for loss or damage as a result of reliance on the information contained within this post, lmao.

#29 ironlegs

ironlegs

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 212 posts

Posted 01 June 2016 - 02:10

I must agree with you Egami they are prone to putting a few events back to back to back and the globals for frag chests and the newer release of some legendary creatures plus the caves there will be a gang buster of events in a row in my opinion.My guess is that it will all star around the 21st of June and run till the end of the month maybe 2 or 3 events running overlapping.We shall see what happens ,and good luck everyone ....Someone get the lights on the way out ...Thanks

#30 bloody18

bloody18

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 647 posts

Posted 02 June 2016 - 08:38

Hey BG, Can we please get a confirmation on the 2XP event date??  I dont see any harm as we all want to make the most of our stam... I am seeing this question asked daily in all forms of chat in-game.Thanks! 

#31 Egami

Egami

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,863 posts

Posted 02 June 2016 - 18:32

We usually give a week or two's heads up.

From another Forum post ,oP

#32 Egami

Egami

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,863 posts

Posted 02 June 2016 - 19:39

So, some purely speculative calcs:

I believe this GE was put off from the prior "Friday". 

Assuming GEs tend to happen every two weeks, that would take us to the 16th for the next one. 

Assuming a GE comes first and the one week notice quoted above, that would take us to the 23rd. 

Therefore, 24th "consensus" opinion looks good. I'm still rooting for the 23rd though, lol.

#33 Kbyte

Kbyte

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 276 posts

Posted 02 June 2016 - 21:44

I predict the predictions are truth xD

Truth they are but right or wrong I can't say.

Edited by Kbyte, 03 June 2016 - 01:46.

#34 cucullainn

cucullainn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,464 posts

Posted 03 June 2016 - 02:24

I believe it may be in July

#35 WandKing

WandKing

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 297 posts

Posted 03 June 2016 - 04:56

I'm blitzed yet this would be  the best place to post my gripe!

We got a x2 xp event coming up and this will be the first time in a long time that I didn't have reserve stamina :P

I understand that HCS has all the "ducks in row" and the players are greatly benefiting from the superb management :)

So. what if  an empty water bottle was knocked over and brought down the system for half a day or throw down a 50 ft extension cord and pretend BG tripped on it bringing FS to a halt?

Can HSC find in your heart any excuse to give some reserve stam before the x2 xp event?  

#36 leefylee

leefylee

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 426 posts
  • Badge

Posted 03 June 2016 - 10:34

I'm blitzed yet this would be  the best place to post my gripe!

We got a x2 xp event coming up and this will be the first time in a long time that I didn't have reserve stamina :P

I understand that HCS has all the "ducks in row" and the players are greatly benefiting from the superb management :)

So. what if  an empty water bottle was knocked over and brought down the system for half a day or throw down a 50 ft extension cord and pretend BG tripped on it bringing FS to a halt?

Can HSC find in your heart any excuse to give some reserve stam before the x2 xp event?  

LOL

you want extra stam to hunt with then i suggest you spend some fsp to buy current stam.

#37 Gutie

Gutie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 475 posts
  • Badge

Posted 04 June 2016 - 04:02

June 30th-July 2nd coupled with a donation event on the weekend before so the cows get copious amounts of my money. :P

Edited by Gutie, 04 June 2016 - 04:03.

GutieGGtsig_zps678d4c8f.png

Are you active? Enjoy playing FS for fun and striving for lofty goals? Looking to join a guild that invests in itself and seeks to improve and grow in all aspects of the game?

Secret Alliance can be your home in FS! We are looking for active, motivated and driven players who have a passion and genuine enjoyment of FS to join us as we continue to rise towards the TOP! If interested feel free to send me a PM.

SA is also looking for one or two guild mergers INTO SA. Feel free to ask for details.

#38 Ringhal

Ringhal

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 344 posts

Posted 04 June 2016 - 08:39

For some groups of players, the date of the event isn't important. It could start without notice or we could be given a months notice, it wouldn't matter. For the rest, and most of the players, notification is important as we would like to make full use of our stamina and plan our real lives around the event.

It would be in the best interests of both HCS and the players that we get an early notification of when, or if, the double XP event will happen.

#39 Josh1404

Josh1404

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,618 posts

Posted 04 June 2016 - 09:41

For some groups of players, the date of the event isn't important. It could start without notice or we could be given a months notice, it wouldn't matter. For the rest, and most of the players, notification is important as we would like to make full use of our stamina and plan our real lives around the event.

It would be in the best interests of both HCS and the players that we get an early notification of when, or if, the double XP event will happen.

I agree with this post. For those that have little interest in the event it makes no difference to them if they are informed or not but for most of us we want to make the most of the event and that requires knowing when the event is. This is so we can plan how we use our stamina. Telling us when it is would likely increase participation in this global event also. People will know they can budget stamina then for this event. Not informing the community will simply lead to many either missing out or sat at max stamina overflowing just incase. Thus stamina will be wasted with no game activity which is rather pointless for a game.

I do not care when it might be only that there is one. I really hope that there is one and that the community is told so. I really do feel maybe 90% of the players would appreciate knowing if there is to be an XP event and if so when it is. That's enough of a majority to do so. 

*Sigh*

I am done shouting at a wall. I know nothing will come of it I just needed to say it.

Have a good weekend all. :)

Edited by Josh1404, 04 June 2016 - 09:49.

#40 Egami

Egami

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,863 posts

Posted 04 June 2016 - 14:21

I believe it may be in July

I'd been rolling with that idea as well. Mostly because it hasn't really been discussed. 

I just don't "think" HCS is willing to deal with the complaints.

Personally, I'm a freak. I'd kind of like to see it not happen at all. Then I'd just sit back and chuckle.

But hey, I work in finance. ,oP

Hilarious, I'm glad we don't have it for once. There have been some lag issues, but having it means somebody was screwed. ,oP

you want extra stam to hunt with then i suggest you spend some fsp to buy current stam.

I think his suggestion was tongue in cheek, but good to point out that players can buy in the gold upgrades current stam each day. And the FSP upgrade on current stam is limitless (o0

June 30th-July 2nd coupled with a donation event on the weekend before so the cows get copious amounts of my money. :P

Bribery works in my country, lol.

I agree with this post. For those that have little interest in the event it makes no difference to them if they are informed or not but for most of us we want to make the most of the event and that requires knowing when the event is. This is so we can plan how we use our stamina. Telling us when it is would likely increase participation in this global event also. People will know they can budget stamina then for this event. Not informing the community will simply lead to many either missing out or sat at max stamina overflowing just incase. Thus stamina will be wasted with no game activity which is rather pointless for a game.

I do not care when it might be only that there is one. I really hope that there is one and that the community is told so. I really do feel maybe 90% of the players would appreciate knowing if there is to be an XP event and if so when it is. That's enough of a majority to do so. 

*Sigh*

I am done shouting at a wall. I know nothing will come of it I just needed to say it.

Have a good weekend all. :)

I was going to try and edit Josh's post, but decided against it. 

In short, I like it, but I don't agree.

Double XP has become a self-fulfilling prophecy. Now it almost "has to" happen. Again, I'd like to see it not happen at all, but just from a speculation standpoint.

If one knows something is going to happen, then they could position better... sure.

However, not knowing if or when something will happen is much "better" (tongue-in-cheek). 

Double XP probability is about investment decisions. Some will place their bets and overflow in the hope of better returns. Those returns are not guaranteed.

The lack of notice on anything and knowing that there isn't one is how each player should set up their position.

It will always be the player's choice. Hindsight knows all, foresight depends on you.

Play your game according to your risk profile. ,oP

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: