• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#1 TxLxS

TxLxS

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 169 posts

Posted 24 June 2016 - 22:40

What really keeps me from doing it is the massive amount of tkp required vs half of the kills for example gorgeanaka 2779 kills to secure vs 10500 kills to use your tkp I personally think it's a little excessive maybe In the past it was well worth it but it's hard for most people to be able to log in at the hour and get lucky enough for a Titan to spawn and have around 45 minutes to secure if there was no secure you could get your tkp required and someone else could come and get there's I would just suggest maybe lowering it to maybe 1 1/4 of Titans hp or maybe somewhere around there I really think it would get more people hunting them in there free time vs them going days until someone decides to mop up

#2 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 24 June 2016 - 22:58

What really keeps me from doing it is the massive amount of tkp required vs half of the kills for example gorgeanaka 2779 kills to secure vs 10500 kills to use your tkp I personally think it's a little excessive maybe In the past it was well worth it but it's hard for most people to be able to log in at the hour and get lucky enough for a Titan to spawn and have around 45 minutes to secure if there was no secure you could get your tkp required and someone else could come and get there's I would just suggest maybe lowering it to maybe 1 1/4 of Titans hp or maybe somewhere around there I really think it would get more people hunting them in there free time vs them going days until someone decides to mop up

I've commented on this in the past - and I agree wholeheartedly. The clean up TKP required, given the lack of value for most of these items, should be lowered to 2x a secure amount IMO.

I know it'd get me more active in titans - and that's a plus, isn't it ? :)

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#3 rowbeth

rowbeth

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,108 posts

Posted 24 June 2016 - 22:59

It isn't quite as bad as that. There is a bonus for coming 2nd or 3rd---50% and 30% if I recall correctly.

So that means you can get gorgenzola in about 7k TKPs by clearing up after some one else's (relatively) uncontested secures.

It isn't quite as bad as that. There is a bonus for coming 2nd or 3rd---50% and 30% if I recall correctly.

So that means you can get gorgenzola in about 7k TKPs by clearing up after some one else's (relatively) uncontested secures.

#4 Egami

Egami

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,863 posts

Posted 24 June 2016 - 23:01

Why would it be lowered?

I think that all of us who have done the hard work to get the items would be offended.

Those who get the items hoping for profit (not my case) would also be offended.

So, a big "NO" on this idea.

A lot of us do/did cleanup. That's more than enough.

If you can't secure, do the work to get the TKP.

And moreover, if you can't secure, work on it to be able to.

I see zero benefit to this idea. Sorry... just have to call it like I see it.

Sure, lower prices on Epics, but let's face it... not needed and I doubt it's positive for the game.

Edited by Egami, 24 June 2016 - 23:03.

#5 Egami

Egami

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,863 posts

Posted 24 June 2016 - 23:07

I know it'd get me more active in titans - and that's a plus, isn't it ? smile.png

Not if you assume that players are actually interested in getting the items.

That's a dual comment btw....

But to keep it a bit less text wall. No, I see no reason why you being more interested in killing current Titans would be good for the game.

#6 TxLxS

TxLxS

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 169 posts

Posted 24 June 2016 - 23:10

Why would it be lowered?

I think that all of us who have done the hard work to get the items would be offended.

Those who get the items hoping for profit (not my case) would also be offended.

So, a big "NO" on this idea.

A lot of us do/did cleanup. That's more than enough.

If you can't secure, do the work to get the TKP.

And moreover, if you can't secure, work on it to be able to.

I see zero benefit to this idea. Sorry... just have to call it like I see it.

Sure, lower prices on Epics, but let's face it... not needed and I doubt it's positive for the game.

Well part of my idea was to remove secures entirely and just lower tkp essentially which means it wouldn't put any more in game than there is now and it would motivate more people I think personally

#7 Egami

Egami

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,863 posts

Posted 24 June 2016 - 23:20

Well part of my idea was to remove secures entirely and just lower tkp essentially which means it wouldn't put any more in game than there is now and it would motivate more people I think personally

Hmm, do you really think removing secures would motivate people? I don't.

#8 TxLxS

TxLxS

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 169 posts

Posted 24 June 2016 - 23:22

Hmm, do you really think removing secures would motivate people? I don't.

If you lower the tkp a little bit I think so because it would make it more of on your time vs on the hour I can't leave the computer kind of think really how long do Titans sit there most of the time honestly

#9 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 24 June 2016 - 23:27

But to keep it a bit less text wall. No, I see no reason why you being more interested in killing current Titans would be good for the game.

Oh, sorry, I thought more people participating in more aspects of the game was always going to be a positive factor ;)

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#10 Egami

Egami

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,863 posts

Posted 25 June 2016 - 00:20

Oh, sorry, I thought more people participating in more aspects of the game was always going to be a positive factor wink.png

Of course, but what's suggested is not a solution to that.

#11 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 25 June 2016 - 03:54

Of course, but what's suggested is not a solution to that.

We'll have to disagree then ;) - I think making already secured titans TKP easier to amass per item, (whilst still maintaining the original TKP securel) would be a good thing.

#12 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 25 June 2016 - 06:11

Titans have long been buried...Beyond revival. Seasonal's aren't even cutting it anymore. There's some markets that just NEED to be controlled to stay relevant.

Edited by EpicPiety, 25 June 2016 - 06:11.

#13 Egami

Egami

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,863 posts

Posted 25 June 2016 - 14:07

We'll have to disagree then wink.png - I think making already secured titans TKP easier to amass per item, (whilst still maintaining the original TKP securel) would be a good thing.

Ok, we can disagree. I just don't get how you think people getting TKP faster would improve anything.

For the record, I don't personally do TKP for profit.

#14 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 25 June 2016 - 14:44

Ok, we can disagree. I just don't get how you think people getting TKP faster would improve anything.

For the record, I don't personally do TKP for profit.

Because, from what I've seen, titans stick around for ages (or can do) once secured. If the TKP required to get an item via a non-secure method were lower, then more folk would be more inclined (I think) to clean 'em up.  I realise that placing in the top 4 (?) of a titan kill gives bonus TKP, but I still think that the figure for a non-secure acquisition is too high compared to the secure amount ...

#15 Ringhal

Ringhal

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 344 posts

Posted 25 June 2016 - 19:44

Epics aren't epic anymore because of the amount of them in the game and the way the prices have fallen. Reducing the TKP required will make this decline even faster. There's no need to make Titan hunting easier, Teleport and Titan Doubler has already done that.

#16 Egami

Egami

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,863 posts

Posted 25 June 2016 - 21:49

Because, from what I've seen, titans stick around for ages (or can do) once secured. If the TKP required to get an item via a non-secure method were lower, then more folk would be more inclined (I think) to clean 'em up.  I realise that placing in the top 4 (?) of a titan kill gives bonus TKP, but I still think that the figure for a non-secure acquisition is too high compared to the secure amount ...

Really what Ringhal said.

Also keep in mind that if anyone is really in a hurry for the item, they can finish the Titan off themselves, or, as I did see advertised a long time ago, pay to have it finished off.

#17 TxLxS

TxLxS

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 169 posts

Posted 25 June 2016 - 22:16

Epics aren't epic anymore because of the amount of them in the game and the way the prices have fallen. Reducing the TKP required will make this decline even faster. There's no need to make Titan hunting easier, Teleport and Titan Doubler has already done that.

Taking away secures and adjusting the tkp would actually put less epics in game because your not getting a secure just like 1 1/4 or 1/2 of the Titans hp and it would mean people would need to invest more effort as in finishing him off completely or maybe hunting him twice for example l

#18 Kedyn

Kedyn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 698 posts
  • Badge
  • United States of America

Posted 26 June 2016 - 04:50

Taking away secures and adjusting the tkp would actually put less epics in game because your not getting a secure just like 1 1/4 or 1/2 of the Titans hp and it would mean people would need to invest more effort as in finishing him off completely or maybe hunting him twice for example l

I think with that idea you'd be opening up a box that you don't want to. In that case, most guilds that have the fastest hunters would hog about 80-90% of the kills on a titan, thus leaving maybe, just maybe, enough for you to hunt 3-4 times to get enough TKP to get an epic. The secure stops exactly what you're suggesting. It allows quicker guilds/players to "secure" a titan, thus allowing others who may not be as fast or have as many people hunting to get some TKP.

The root of the issue is what was suggested by Ringhal. It's simple supply and demand - there is too much supply and too little demand for the current epics/titans. Watch for the seasonal titans - how many of them are "left standing around" for a long time? The only ones are where the value in the epic isn't "worth" the stam for most people. The better idea would be figuring out a way to lower the supply, or increase the demand. Doing those two things would bring value back into the epics. 

#19 Kbyte

Kbyte

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 276 posts

Posted 27 June 2016 - 02:48

wanna make titan hunting more fun?

so why not suggest BigGrim to add an seasonable titan that teleport after being killed sometimes like everyone else but that also has an 5% or 10% chance to make the player killing him to teleport to an random place on the map >>> many titan hunters will be killing the titan at the same map and that player teletransportation could help a little the killer if he manage to teleport close to the titan when it also teleports ... but looks like most time it would make the titan hunter killer to need to walk more and seft_teleport more with the player skill.

it would make that epic to be a bit more expensive than normal because it is also a bit more hard/time_consuming to secure that titan.

*100% chance would be annoying, but looks like 10% chance to the killer would fit good I guess [or also with an 5% chance to everybody else on that spot].

an sort of "time & space" or "that controls gravity and space" titan that has an chance to "send"/"throw" the hunter through an type of "portal" to justify the chance to teleport the titan hunters would not be an bad idea i guess. :D

it could appear on Easter sayin' that titan loves chocolate hehe

or on xmas sayin' he was an Santa's goblin lol

maybe could drop an epic boot

Edited by Kbyte, 27 June 2016 - 15:47.

#20 Kbyte

Kbyte

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 276 posts

Posted 27 June 2016 - 13:14

I even have another idea but for an titan that could be released together during the dragon LEs event, it would be instead two titans spawning on the same map maybe an earth and sky brother/or_twin dragons, where titan hunters would need to get 300 kills in one dragon and the following 300 kills in the other dragon an so on to secure the titan [when they teleport both titans teleport at the same time to an random place on the map], maybe dropping an pair of earing to be equipped on amulet slot or an earth & sky epic shield.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: