#41 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 06 December 2016 - 05:46

I was just wondering that if you had all those Temporal Shift items wouldnt you have a seriously low Teleport Cool Down or wouldnt it be zero? Dont you think that gives a huge advantage when it comes to titan hunting? Maybe some changes need to be made to that enhancement so that it cant go beyond a certain point? 

I'm inclined to agree that the "boost" from Temporal Shift should be capped at some point. Not exactly sure what, but letting Teleport cooldown go down to 0 is a definite No-No in my book.

Edited by Pardoux, 06 December 2016 - 05:47.

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#42 Kbyte

Kbyte

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 276 posts

Posted 06 December 2016 - 09:32

Teleport 175 allows teleporting with 50 seconds cooldown... the guild structure Temporal Beacon [I love bacon hehe]  at level 10 reduce that cooldown in 20 seconds ... each Temporal Shift 10 reduce 1 second, so if an player get Temporal shift to 100 that player with teleport 175 will be able to teleport with just 20 seconds of cooldown

Edited by Kbyte, 06 December 2016 - 09:33.

#43 bloody18

bloody18

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 647 posts

Posted 06 December 2016 - 11:16

oie_pz6TiRScbI9X_zpsdmi0cepl.gif

#44 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,815 posts
  • Badge

Posted 06 December 2016 - 11:45

Condolences to those EOCs who bought a Tier 5 inferno hammer.

Hardly! there's 2,700 levels of practical difference in stats and Enhancements. biggrin.png

Love the concept and Titan.

1 request since this is essentially an epic set, can it be the only epic set where Coa and cod would work with the items? Could have a set bonus 2 as it would be pretty cool to have all 9 on as the art is a walking add for the cows and cool looking

Still no to Epic Sets.

Here are the details of the new items :-

*Snip*

I'm confused tho why the L50 Boots have +2/+2 but the L150 rune is "only" +2/+1 and why some have the temporal shift enhancement and others don't ?

Good point. Tweaked. Awesome post too!

Bummer was hoping it would use some other epics like Fuvy Stone or some other epics that are of no value ro help maybe increase some of those " dead " epics in price a little

Why do that when we've implemented the Tiered idea? smile.png

and, on the flip side of that, I'm glad it didn't..

Using unwanted chest crystalline - and preventing Inventor II from saving items - will make THESE items far more unique and "valuable" than they would have otherwise been ...

That was the idea! smile.png I remembered we discussed this a while ago and thought this was the perfect time to use em.

Hunted Cow Helm (L3375) :-

2 x Pail of Milk, 1 x Sword of Emerald Fire
1 x GooberNoob Wing, 1 x Othnielia Skull, 1 x Cerulean Rose Hip, 1 x Greenskin Fungus Cap

Awesome post as well.

To keep it fair for those who have the items for this invention, here's the requirements.

#45 Morgwyn

Morgwyn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 556 posts

Posted 06 December 2016 - 13:41

Just wondering... where does the "hate" towards Inventor II come from?

These new epics have a lower inventing rate than (most) RP items, thus I assume a chance of failure on these new epics. 

So, if there is a chance of failure, why not give a fair chance of compensating that loss a next time? I think many will already be very disappointed to see their effort go up in smoke after hunting the titan and then a failed invent.

Not saying there should be a win button, but I think Inv II on these epics have more merrit than on the RP items.

#46 Leos3000

Leos3000

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,034 posts

Posted 06 December 2016 - 13:42

It seems like there is a chance to fail on these invents?

With inv 2 not working as well seems kinda cruel to do on epics especially with some of the items costing 1000+ fsp...

I just know I would be very upset at the game if I failed at making 1 item and losing $100 +

#47 Spider0007

Spider0007

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 201 posts

Posted 06 December 2016 - 13:46

I love the new titan! However, I do not think that the temporal shift enhancement should increase with the level ranges. This allows high level players a huge advantage in hunting all titans. The playing field should be even no matter what level you are if you want to titan hunt.

Thanks for the update and the cow cake too!

#48 Tastria

Tastria

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 513 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 06 December 2016 - 14:18

Just my 2 gp worth on the inventing:

Any of us who have been around for 7 years or so have seen a lot of originally expensive epic items drastically go down in price.  Most of this is caused by what I'm calling the "Fallen Sword Effect".  The things just don't wear out, as our blacksmiths can return them to pristine condition even if totally destroyed.   I'm not complaining mind you, just stating the obvious.

In my humble (or not so)) opinion we don't need to have the market flooded by new epics.  They SHOULD be hard to produce, (hence the term "epic") and the word hard implies a certain amount of risk.

Yes, if my pail of milk got spilt, I'd be irritated, in fact, a "Golly Gee Whiz!" might escape my lips.  But it would be part of the game, equally applied for everyone.

Probably not a real popular view. but the game doesn't need to be made easier.  A few honest challenges are always good.

#49 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,815 posts
  • Badge

Posted 06 December 2016 - 14:27

It seems like there is a chance to fail on these invents?

With inv 2 not working as well seems kinda cruel to do on epics especially with some of the items costing 1000+ fsp...

I just know I would be very upset at the game if I failed at making 1 item and losing $100 +

There is a chance to fail, yes. Nothing wrong with some challenge and, if you do fail, it can be made without spending a dime.

Remember the days of inventing the Inferno Hammer and Writhing Ward? When it was hard? Nothing wrong with it. People got on and tried again. StickIsGod famously failed to create the Writhing Ward several times. Know what he said when he got one? That he felt he'd achieved something. Not a bad thing.

Additionally, this will help these items keep some value over time. Another good thing.

#50 Morgwyn

Morgwyn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 556 posts

Posted 06 December 2016 - 15:07

There is a chance to fail, yes. Nothing wrong with some challenge and, if you do fail, it can be made without spending a dime.

Remember the days of inventing the Inferno Hammer and Writhing Ward? When it was hard? Nothing wrong with it. People got on and tried again. StickIsGod famously failed to create the Writhing Ward several times. Know what he said when he got one? That he felt he'd achieved something. Not a bad thing.

Additionally, this will help these items keep some value over time. Another good thing.

It just makes no sense to first create a Inv2 buff, to exclude it later on.  Just make the invention rate harder, if you want less epics.

Also, I feel there is some contradiction aswel, as I feel - but correct me if I am wrong -  I have also heard you say that it is good if items are plentiful/cheaply available.

Not meaning to annoy you, just trying to see the logic with the inv 2 thingy and your previous comment.

#51 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,815 posts
  • Badge

Posted 06 December 2016 - 15:12

This is a brand new series of items. Don't wanna see them flood the game. It's not gonna be changing. So yeah. Inventor 2 will not work on them and those who have managed to get these items can feel the accomplishment.

#52 Morgwyn

Morgwyn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 556 posts

Posted 06 December 2016 - 15:20

This is a brand new series of items. Don't wanna see them flood the game. It's not gonna be changing. So yeah. Inventor 2 will not work on them and those who have managed to get these items can feel the accomplishment.

Nothing wrong with that last part, still do not get the inv2 part, but it is ok. The idea of this titan is great, chest pieces are useful again. And it stirs things up (positively) in game. Congrats on a job well done! :)

#53 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,815 posts
  • Badge

Posted 06 December 2016 - 15:24

Cheers. I'm really pleased at how positively it's been received. As I said in the opening post, we'll add more Hunted Cow items in the gaps over time. Will continue to use the Game creatures components, plant components and Chest items when we do so.

~ Grim

#54 Maj

Maj

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 240 posts

Posted 06 December 2016 - 17:23

Condolences to those EOCs who bought a Tier 5 inferno hammer.

Hardly! there's 2,700 levels of practical difference in stats and Enhancements. biggrin.png

But they still spent a lot of fsp on an epic that got almost immediately replaced by a better one. EOCs only care about the stam gain of an epic, not much for the stats and enhancements. A +20 Temporal Shift (full forge) doesn't really cover the cost.

#55 Spider0007

Spider0007

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 201 posts

Posted 06 December 2016 - 18:16

I'm still curious as to why the temporal shift enhancement increases with level of gear. This relationship puts lower level players at a distinct disadvantage when titan hunting. I'm fine with increasing the amount of stam gain with the level of the gear but I think titan hunting should have an even playing field no matter what level you are at.

#56 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,815 posts
  • Badge

Posted 06 December 2016 - 18:20

Increases with the gear? It's all set to 10. If you're suggesting that higher level items should be banned from certain enhancements, nope. Sorry.

#57 Spider0007

Spider0007

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 201 posts

Posted 06 December 2016 - 18:28

I was just wondering that if you had all those Temporal Shift items wouldnt you have a seriously low Teleport Cool Down or wouldnt it be zero? Dont you think that gives a huge advantage when it comes to titan hunting? Maybe some changes need to be made to that enhancement so that it cant go beyond a certain point? 

According to other players post, the temporal shift enhancement starts at +2 and increases with the level of the gear all the way to +7 for one piece! Would you agree that this would provide higher level players an advantage over lower level players when titan hunting using teleport?

Edited by Spider0007, 06 December 2016 - 18:31.

#58 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,815 posts
  • Badge

Posted 06 December 2016 - 18:37

Like I said. ALL of the items that have Temporal Shift have it set to 10. It's fine. It won't be changing. And, as has been pointed out, pretty tough to get.

#59 Spider0007

Spider0007

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 201 posts

Posted 06 December 2016 - 18:45

Thanks for clarifying. I guess Paradoux was incorrect in his original post#29.

Edited by BigGrim, 06 December 2016 - 18:49.
No flame baiting please. Check the forum rules.

#60 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,815 posts
  • Badge

Posted 06 December 2016 - 18:52

His post points out which Epic HAS Temporal Shift. Not it's value. Those numbers are for the Stam and XP gain.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: