44 replies to this topic

#21 gapukas

gapukas

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 232 posts
  • Badge

Posted 24 February 2019 - 09:40

You made your post without considering peoples strong feelings on the subject / history in the game. I would suspect the vast majority are with me on this. This sounds like envy of bigger / richer guilds to be honest.

I haven't heard 1 reason that wasn't self interest why a change should be made.

I think hes point is making the game more compeditive, most guilds have their base exp maintained by huge exp gained unactive members with massive backback spaces to store the stuff in. This should be changed but actually kicking the members is too extreme.

#22 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,279 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 24 February 2019 - 14:23

I think hes point is making the game more compeditive, most guilds have their base exp maintained by huge exp gained unactive members with massive backback spaces to store the stuff in. This should be changed but actually kicking the members is too extreme.

I'm assuming you are under the impression that XP gain is added GXP for inactive members.  Neither XP or stam gains are applied until we log in to the game, you know.  When we are idle, be it a few hours or months on end, the ticks accumulate, but if we don't ever log in, that gain remains somewhere in the void until we do log in again.  So how, except for those with massive backpacks, does an inactive member overly benefit a guild, no matter the size?  

Just one old lady's opinion

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

Have you hugged your Quango lately?

#23 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 24 February 2019 - 17:42

I'm assuming you are under the impression that XP gain is added GXP for inactive members.  Neither XP or stam gains are applied until we log in to the game, you know.  When we are idle, be it a few hours or months on end, the ticks accumulate, but if we don't ever log in, that gain remains somewhere in the void until we do log in again.  So how, except for those with massive backpacks, does an inactive member overly benefit a guild, no matter the size?  

He's talking about the 500b-1T+ exp some guilds store in inactive members.

#24 Windbattle

Windbattle

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,707 posts
  • Badge

Posted 24 February 2019 - 18:44

Thats actually not true ... many of the top 10 have actives that comprise 65-85% of their total guild xp which would put them in the same overall rank that they currently are at. Now if you want to create another listing for top ranked guilds (like how it was done when we switched from evaluating based on xp locked ranking to actual guild xp ranking), I might consider it. Your thinking (Actual Guild XP - Inactive account XP) for a 3rd column?

**Not including someone for being 7 days or more inactive would be unfair since some people have massive stam banks that don't require weekly log ins. Not to mention it would cause a fair amount of ping pong list jumping.

I'm up for the idea because I don't think it will make any difference at all. I think a lot of the top guilds have plenty of active people (within the last 30 days) and it would hardly mix up the rankings at all. And in terms of an upstart guild getting way more XP to break up the ranks is super unlikely unless they had EOC join up with them to give them a huge boost.

In regards to the kicking, its not going to happen. Backpacks were paid for so there is no argument to taking them away. 

@BadPenny is absolutely right. the stam gain and xp gain does not kick in until you return back to the game. So the only benefits are guild xp already gained and bps already earned on mule / inactive accounts.

Edited by Windbattle, 24 February 2019 - 18:53.

#25 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,279 posts

Posted 24 February 2019 - 18:52

Thats actually not true ... many of the top 10 have actives that comprise 65-85% of their total guild xp which would put them in the same overall rank that they currently are at. Now if you want to create another listing for top ranked guilds (like we did when we switched for xp locked ranking to actual guild xp), I might consider it. Your thinking Actual Guild XP - Inactive accounts for a 3rd column?

I'm up for the idea because I don't think it will make any difference at all. I think a lot of the top guilds have plenty of active people (within the last 30 days) and it would hardly mix up the rankings at all. And in terms of an upstart guild getting way more XP to break up the ranks is super unlikely unless they had EOC join up with them to give them a huge boost.

In regards to the kicking, its not going to happen. Backpacks were paid for so there is no argument to taking them away. 

@BadPenny is absolutely right. the stam gain and xp gain does not kick in until you return back to the game. So the only benefits are guild xp already gained and bps already earned on mule / inactive accounts.

And as these were earned by a player's own hard work and/or real life money... it's unconscionable to take it away from player or guild for any reason......

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

#26 Windbattle

Windbattle

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,707 posts
  • Badge

Posted 24 February 2019 - 18:58

I agree Penny. so the solution would be to make a 3rd column to reevaluate Top ranked guilds rather than taking anything away from guilds.

However, this should apply to all top ranked lists then. So if you have a rich guild that has no active players within 30 days, then they should be excluded from the current richest guilds. Have a 2nd column for historical richest guilds. Same for titan hunting, if that guild has no active players within 30 days, then they should be excluded from the current top titan guilds. Have a 2nd column for historical top titan guilds. However, if that guild were to get 1 active player within 30 days, then they would reenter the current top titan guilds or current richest guilds based on their respective ranking. 

This is a fair amount of coding for the cows so its up to them if they want to bother with it. I certainly do not think this would be high priority but if enough people want it, why not?

I like Ryebred's idea in terms of updates to gvg overall and having a top ranked list for a few months and then having a reset between sessions. Each session would conclude with a tournament that guilds qualified for to gain entry. I would refer you back to Ryebred's thread on gvg for specifics (I obviously paraphrased / oversimplified his ideas).

Edited by Windbattle, 24 February 2019 - 19:04.

#27 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,279 posts

Posted 24 February 2019 - 19:16

I believe that BG has been nudging Hoof this direction  for all top lists that still include inactives.... this includes the top monthly lists.  Hopefully this kind of thing will be changed by the end of the year, which will end the senseless debates like this one, so we can debate more important things, like:

• why are there over 100 levels with 0 quests? 
  • why do new EoC levels have to wait months for portals to reach them? 
  • when will Rye's wonderful GvG seasons idea be implemented?
  • when will I be able to hunt quangoes in the wild?
  • will I ever be able to see the storybook forest??

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

#28 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 24 February 2019 - 19:52

I believe that BG has been nudging Hoof this direction  for all top lists that still include inactives.... this includes the top monthly lists.  Hopefully this kind of thing will be changed by the end of the year, which will end the senseless debates like this one, so we can debate more important things, like:

• why are there over 100 levels with 0 quests? 
  • why do new EoC levels have to wait months for portals to reach them? 
  • when will Rye's wonderful GvG seasons idea be implemented?
  • when will I be able to hunt quangoes in the wild?
  • will I ever be able to see the storybook forest??

The level formula needs another change. It should get harder and harder the higher level you get. This would get rid of the stress on BG to turn out leveling content. Maybe once app is released they should reset everyone to level one and redo the formula. Give some sort of reserve stam incentive for those depending on levels.

Edited by EpicPiety, 24 February 2019 - 19:52.

#29 activeh1

activeh1

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,340 posts
  • Azerbaijan

Posted 25 February 2019 - 13:22

k

Edited by activeh1, 09 April 2019 - 10:37.

5aZzW0p.png,

#30 gapukas

gapukas

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 232 posts
  • Badge

Posted 28 February 2019 - 16:31

Im into every kind of pvp updates that dont include random matching with eoc.

And waiting for GvG seasons since forever now :D

#31 activeh1

activeh1

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,340 posts
  • Azerbaijan

Posted 28 February 2019 - 19:45

t

5aZzW0p.png,

#32 Windbattle

Windbattle

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,707 posts
  • Badge

Posted 28 February 2019 - 22:36

The level formula needs another change. It should get harder and harder the higher level you get. This would get rid of the stress on BG to turn out leveling content. Maybe once app is released they should reset everyone to level one and redo the formula. Give some sort of reserve stam incentive for those depending on levels.

Unlikely they will make dramatically increase xp needed to level up. That would make the gap between EOC and everyone else that much bigger. If anything, they will increase the range of increased xp gain on monsters prior to EOC to lessen the gap.

If you consider what your asking OP, then your saying that inactive BP can't store guild gear. That I have a problem with as do probably the vast majority of players. If it doesn't bother you or hurt you to leave it as it is, then leave it alone, : ) 

Edited by Windbattle, 28 February 2019 - 22:39.

#33 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 28 February 2019 - 23:15

Unlikely they will make dramatically increase xp needed to level up. That would make the gap between EOC and everyone else that much bigger. If anything, they will increase the range of increased xp gain on monsters prior to EOC to lessen the gap.

If you consider what your asking OP, then your saying that inactive BP can't store guild gear. That I have a problem with as do probably the vast majority of players. If it doesn't bother you or hurt you to leave it as it is, then leave it alone, : ) 

No it won't people would be much closer in level. BG would also have time to do other things than content. Remind you the goal of the game is not to have everyone at EOC.

Edited by EpicPiety, 28 February 2019 - 23:16.

#34 activeh1

activeh1

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,340 posts
  • Azerbaijan

Posted 28 February 2019 - 23:37

5aZzW0p.png,

#35 johnagod

johnagod

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 775 posts
  • Badge

Posted 21 March 2019 - 11:08

I've never come across someone so bothered about how other people play the game. Literally who cares (besides yourself) about people using inactive players' BP slots to store their guild gear? As mentioned before, they were paid for with real life money most likely. And even if this was to happen, it would literally destroy a tonne of guild's gear, where would it all go if it couldn't be stored? You need to think about these things mate.

For someone who is constantly bashing other people's suggestions you've really come out with some stupid ass ideas.

#36 activeh1

activeh1

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,340 posts
  • Azerbaijan

Posted 22 March 2019 - 05:14

5aZzW0p.png,

#37 activeh1

activeh1

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,340 posts
  • Azerbaijan

Posted 22 March 2019 - 07:07

if 

Edited by activeh1, 09 April 2019 - 10:38.

5aZzW0p.png,

#38 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,279 posts

Posted 22 March 2019 - 08:52

if we can use there packs ,why cant we hit them in GVG or DQ ,

why cant we get pres points off 

why dont they loose gold and exp points ?

because they are inactive ,all except there packs  

inactive players do lose gold and xp, I've bled plenty dry in my time.... as for GvGs and DQ's, prestige, it's so folks don't exploit the system.....

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

#39 activeh1

activeh1

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,340 posts
  • Azerbaijan

Posted 22 March 2019 - 18:20

Edited by activeh1, 09 April 2019 - 10:38.

5aZzW0p.png,

#40 wil72

wil72

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,554 posts

Posted 22 March 2019 - 19:48

inactive players do lose gold and xp, I've bled plenty dry in my time.... as for GvGs and DQ's, prestige, it's so folks don't exploit the system.....

and using there packs isnt exploiting the system ???????

Nope,  it's entirely within game mechanics. And the "Guild Report" function which allows you to see what each Guild member has in their backpack, that is tagged, would suggest that HCS has embraced this phenomenon.

Inactives are not "The Exploited".

These are:

Cheers

wil72

Edited by wil72, 23 March 2019 - 14:13.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: