Photo

Suggestion: Delete Inventing Recipe Option

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

Poll: Would you like to have an Option to Delete Inventing Recipes you no longer use? (33 member(s) have cast votes)

Would you like to have an Option to Delete Inventing Recipes you no longer use?

1. Voted Yes (24 votes [72.73%])

Percentage of vote: 72.73%

2. Voted No (9 votes [27.27%])

Percentage of vote: 27.27%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 xvbabyvx

xvbabyvx

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 04:22

There are alot of Recipes from Past Legendary Events... Or Epic Quest... Or Just Potions some of us Potion makers would really like to just Delete Completely ... Alot of us Use the FS Helper and there is an Option there where we can Hide Specific Recipes.......... But when you got over 4 Pages of Recipes you No longer use and have to type them in individually into the FS Helper Slot so it Hides it gets a bit frustrating..
So if you could Please Consider Adding a Delete Button Next to the Recipes so we can clear out our recipes folders..

Thanks

#2 spyders

spyders

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 304 posts
  • Badge
  • Italy

Posted 18 June 2012 - 06:29

:P

#3 donce4kill

donce4kill

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 186 posts
  • Badge

Posted 18 June 2012 - 08:52

Just add new folder for recipes you don't use ;)

#4 fs_cavedude60

fs_cavedude60
  • Guests

Posted 18 June 2012 - 12:33

i agree to this idea, but it also makes sense to add a folder and put no longer used recipes in that.

#5 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,816 posts
  • Badge

Posted 18 June 2012 - 13:40

Yeah, I just create a small assortment of folders. Potions, LE, Questies Misc.

That has tended to work for me. Did it on NewTest. Worked a treat there too.

#6 hades8840

hades8840

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,438 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 16:21

a search option would be nice to search through them all i have tons even adding to folders is tedious you had a few pages if that grim i am at over 40 pages and counting

#7 Fraser111

Fraser111

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 16:58

I have a folder for recipes I never use as well, but during big invent sessions I refresh the recipes page frequently and it takes 30 seconds to a minute each time. If I had 200 fewer recipes I believe it would go much faster.

#8 Lutrafs

Lutrafs

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 631 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 18:42

The way he makes items through inventing is probably not through inventing screen but through recipe manager screen, which is an fs helper option. This makes it so you can not differentiate based on what recipes are in what folder, as it works like inventory manager showing everything thats in your bp, not whats in individual folders. which is likely why he is asking for a delete button probably.

But I dont think an all out delete button should be put in because that could cause problems with deleted recipes that are still needed, even with a confirmation i would still say no.

Something more like the blocked buffs list under preferences would be better, it would take the recipes you know, put them in a list in preferences where you could choose which ones were hidden and which ones werent, of course with a tick all option at the top.

#9 xvbabyvx

xvbabyvx

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 22:54

True Bg but the problem is when you are working with as many recipes as I have and you use fallensword helper and want to sort through over 300-400 component slots to SEE what you have resources for.. and use the FSHelper Recipe Manager which shows us what components we have for resources for it can take 5-15 minutes to load even if we have a spare folder for the recipes we no longer use. There is an option in FSHELPER where you can hide the recipes you no longer use but when you have well over 40 and have to type them all in manually it is kinda of frustrating...

The main thing i enjoy doing in the game is making potions.. I've been inventing since recipes came out.. When there were only a handful of inventors like phool,tt,hades, me and a few others

Its just a suggestion and i'd think it make us inventors enjoy the game more.

I really do appreciate everyone's input on this Even yours BG:)

#10 Zukira

Zukira

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,991 posts
  • Badge
  • United States of America

Posted 18 June 2012 - 22:57

if you're using helper you can also add the ones you would want to delete to a hide list. Just be sure to export a copy of your preferences for when you update or reinstall helper so you don't have to type it all out again.

zukira.gif

|| signature rotates, artists varied ||

Fan my art on Facebook  || Deviant Art || Chat on Irc

When in doubt, lean to the side of mercy.

- Cevantes

#11 Filletminion

Filletminion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,326 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 23:48

I frequently after doing inventing quests more the recipes to a rubbish bin for recipes I am unlikely to use ever again..It keeps the main folder empty.
Then I have folders for crystal gear that is invented , Legendary gear that is invented and every now and then I also clean those folders and move them to My rubbish bin.

#12 xvbabyvx

xvbabyvx

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 03:56

Aether Air Rune,Aether Earth Rune,Air Rune,Amulet of the Seraphim,Armor of Misfortune,Bladed War Gauntlets,Blue Man of War Sword,Bothild Battle Boots,Bothild Battle Rune,Earth Rune,Flamedeer Grenade,Inferno Activator,Inferno Hammer Head,Inferno Handle,Krimson Kardic Helm,Odhars Gloves,Odhars Rune,Razored Azure Shield,Ridged Legion Breastplate,Ring of Red Death,Steamwork Breastplate,Steamwork Cuirass,Steamwork Furnace,Steamwork Gears and Pipes,Vexus Honor Scarred Plate,Vexus Royal Helm,Vexus Stinger Blade,Writhing Ward,Writhing Ward Part A,Writhing Ward Part B,Writhing Ward Part C,Writhing Ward Part D,Amulet of Tarkin,Aspect Gauntlets,Ballista Cord Neckpiece,Bite Serum,Bulltoise Hammer,Bulltoise Shell Shield,Crippling Poison,Crown of Iron,Diluvian Mana Shard,Draft of the Aggressor,Elya Guard Edge,Huli Medicine,Jittery Draft,Krul Dark Iron Key,Lobber Cog Rune,Lobber Wheel Shield,Mystic Pick Axe,Needle Steak,Odio Spectral Gloves,Orb of Growth,Paladir Elixir,Potion of Annihilation,Potion of Lesser Buff Master,Potion of Lesser Death Dealer,Potion of Lesser Light Foot,Potion of Lesser Vision,Potion of Necrotic Touch,Potion of Stoic Defender,Saurodon Hide Gauntlets,Saurodon Maw Helm,Serpentine Water Stone,Stolen Xmas Presents,Tainted Moon Stone,Tarnish Charm,Titan Bane Brew,Vespine Viper Amulet,Viper Strike Saber,War Wolf Chestpiece,War Wolf Collar

Those Are ALL the recipes I have to put into the Hide section of helper to use recipe manager n if there is a major update have to repeatedly do it over n over again

#13 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,816 posts
  • Badge

Posted 22 June 2012 - 11:22

a search option would be nice to search through them all i have tons even adding to folders is tedious you had a few pages if that grim i am at over 40 pages and counting

I'll certainly ask for a Search feature.

I'll see what Hoofmaster thinks of a hide or archive option too.

#14 Zukira

Zukira

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,991 posts
  • Badge
  • United States of America

Posted 22 June 2012 - 15:44

Those Are ALL the recipes I have to put into the Hide section of helper to use recipe manager n if there is a major update have to repeatedly do it over n over again

Since you're using helper just export your settings. On the fsh settings tab on preferences right at the very bottom below the save settings button you will find a link. When you need to update or reinstall or whatnot you can import those settings, which should include your recipe manager settings from the last time you did an export. You'll save yourself a whole lot of trouble and a fair bit of time and typing by doing so. You'll also end up having all your other settings besides just the recipe manager preset too so you won't have to go in and re-tick bulk sell and so forth either.

zukira.gif

|| signature rotates, artists varied ||

Fan my art on Facebook  || Deviant Art || Chat on Irc

When in doubt, lean to the side of mercy.

- Cevantes

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: