130 replies to this topic

#121 yodamus

yodamus

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,119 posts

Posted 12 May 2014 - 16:32

finally..may 12th has come..arena improvement day...i know it is not going to happen...may not happen this week or month...maybe not even this year....but someone from cows please update the dates so we all have a better idea as to when this is going to come about...all arena players have waited patiently for 3 months ( was to be feb 12th, till chrome crash put date back 3 months) for these much needed improvements,actually have waited close to 2 years for improvements...the arena token thread started in aug 2012......please cows fix arena...it has become sooo slow that players are losing to players that have been booted from the game, many days before the tourney even starts...very bad....many good suggestions..arena tokens need to start soon...arena fixes sooon...maybe this week..maybe this month...someone give us an idea..i feel personnaly very discouraged with arena and the attention it is getting from the cows right now..and i am hardcore arena..top 3 arena players have left the game...i wonder why..give some attention to arena..please...

Edited by yodamus, 12 May 2014 - 19:47.

#122 Brinmoth

Brinmoth

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 132 posts
  • Australia

Posted 14 May 2014 - 09:20

It just makes me sad there has been no official word on any of the fine ideas raised here being considered for the supposed improvements that Arena is said to have according to the development roadmap.

Makes me feel like my favorite part of the game is getting the short end of the pixie stick again!!

For once I just hope my feelings are wrong.

#123 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 15:49

Something very important that should be addressed is the blasted 25% guild member per arena rule. Over the years of FS guilds have been compacting and compacting and compacting. Now there is a very little amount of guilds. For instance my guild has at least 10 arena players and due to this at least 75% of them have quit the arena due to this stupid rule including myself. This really needs to be reevaluated and god help us removed.

Edited by Intimidation, 14 May 2014 - 15:49.

#124 bloody18

bloody18

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 647 posts

Posted 16 May 2014 - 07:25

Randomizing arena opponents +1    I agree,  more often than not you face the same opponent in consecutive matches ..over and over ..  granted you both decided to join arena at the same time..which happens often!

#125 yodamus

yodamus

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,119 posts

Posted 27 May 2014 - 17:12

ok..we are hopefully finally going to get arena improves on or near jun 3rd..i am sure the vast majority would agree to the arena tokens idea, and the idea for random matchups (getting sick of seeing the unsportmanlike conduct by a few players, allowing free wins in the first round), lets all hope these get implemented...but that said..it would only be a bandage to an aspect of the game that is hemmorging blood at a rapid pace...

somehow the prizes have to get thier value back ? how can this be done-- right now as i type there is a magnifying glass that has been up for many days and for 3 days at 9 gold to enter..has no value at all..decay is not a probelm as seen with this example..9 gold and still nobody wishes to join, i have seen chronos items start at 212k and have to wait many days till below 1k to start..waste of every players time....value of the prizes is the probelm, i repeat --value of prizes is the probelm

.....how to fix- first i suggest that for crystal items there should be a category the makes players have to wear all crystal pieces....and the crystal takes damage...thus wearing out and the need for more, and i know that means everyone would have basically the same setups..but at different degrees of damage..something to help the crystal out.

.quest items.-  these need new invents..not sure what..but that is the only way quest items can regain value, the newest invents used them but they needed extracts for the invents..thus a major failure since those extracts are hard to come by and those tourneys for them are few and far between.....if none of this can be done- then the starting entry fees need to be lowered dramactailly....or we will still see a super duper slow arena

next- no more 16 player tourneys !!!!   they are crippling arena, days and days to fill.....please cows do more than just arena tokens...please do more than random matchups...arena needs it, hoping for some excellent work out of cows on the arena improves....i would love to see just 1 reply from a cow in this thread.....thanks for listening..yodamus

Edited by yodamus, 27 May 2014 - 18:49.

#126 Gorrent

Gorrent

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 27 May 2014 - 17:55

geez...you are quiet good on writing long-essay. 

a simple question, does an animal have enough brain capacity to grasp your point of view? etc; goat, cow, cat,...

#127 yodamus

yodamus

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,119 posts

Posted 27 May 2014 - 18:01

geez...you are quiet good on writing long-essay. 

a simple question, does an animal have enough brain capacity to grasp your point of view? etc; goat, cow, cat,...

only bears..but i am hoping cows have some bear in them

#128 yodamus

yodamus

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,119 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 20:57

seems this entire thread was ignored....please read this thread..many good ideas in it...none of which are being used..

#129 Brice

Brice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 27 June 2014 - 02:25

Bumping ;)

#130 podfog

podfog

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 29 June 2014 - 12:22

I understand why you would think that more moves would be better but trust me, the arena is already complicated enough as it is haha. More moves added wouldn't help make it any easier for newer players to try it out. 

There used to be a guide by Trackxyj (2nd in Arena wins, was first for a VERY long time) but for some reason when the cows started the new forum, his thread got lost in the process. I learned a lot from it even as a somewhat intermediate player. If I ever find the link to the google docs page, I'll be sure to post it in my bio. 

I remember that google doc. Lemme go look for it. -looks-

Found it:

https://docs.google....?hl=en_US&pli=1

I never found it as useful as some of the other players, but there's no denying the usefulness of this guide, especially to newbies. He and venomsheru we're probably undeniably the top two arena players at the time (Yes, I've been around since the very beginning of the arena...stopped playing for more than two years).

I also agree that the arena is as complicated as it needs to be. It's fairly hard as a newbie to understand all the tricks to it, but increasing the number of moves definitely WOULD NOT help the newbies in any way.

#131 podfog

podfog

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 29 June 2014 - 12:31

I'd also like to mention that, the reason I quit FS myself in 2011 was because the arena got no attention at all, and the arena was gradually declining in interest and profitability. The reason I finally decided to come back is because I was told the arena was finally updated. Not all players have interest solely in the arena like I do, but HCS has attracted at least one player by fixing up the arena. If anyone from HCS actually sees this, just note that my interest, and possibly a few other players here, lives and dies with the arena.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: