43 replies to this topic

#1 Subject

Subject

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 575 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 12:43

Just curious if this was Ever a Yes or No? I remember hiding Inactives From top rated  being mentioned but that was all... 

#2 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 27 March 2014 - 20:49

Just curious if this was Ever a Yes or No? I remember hiding Inactives From top rated  being mentioned but that was all... 

Vaguely remember something about this - and it would be nice. Anyone inactive more than, say, 14 days ? - 28 days ? - drops off the top rated list, but, if/when they become active again, their place is re-instated ...

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#3 Subject

Subject

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 575 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 22:56

Yeah i think that would be a very good idea...!

Yeah i think that would be a very good idea...!

May keep players active so the keep there top spot :)

#4 yotekiller

yotekiller

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,543 posts

Posted 28 March 2014 - 02:33

So if 2 inactives drop off the list, does that mean the #11 and #12 players are automatically in the monthly top ten?  Are they now eligible for a medal they wouldn't be eligible for otherwise?  If not, how do account for those spaces?  What happens when the inactive players return to the top ten and bump out the lower players?  I say leave the inactives on the list.

Screenshot everything!

#5 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 28 March 2014 - 04:40

So if 2 inactives drop off the list, does that mean the #11 and #12 players are automatically in the monthly top ten?  Are they now eligible for a medal they wouldn't be eligible for otherwise?  If not, how do account for those spaces?  What happens when the inactive players return to the top ten and bump out the lower players?  I say leave the inactives on the list.

I'd say yes and yes to your question ...

Isn't it better for the top-rated lists to be a current representation of the game rather than an historical one ? - personally, I think so, but you obviously disagree :)

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#6 gomezkilla

gomezkilla

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts

Posted 28 March 2014 - 12:00

I think that this should be considered when the Cows improve the Top Rated Lists.

Period of activity till they are removed? 1 month or when it says "Inactive" under their name.

#7 Subject

Subject

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 575 posts

Posted 03 April 2014 - 21:38

Waiting for a response from BigGrim or Hoof on this topic!? Thanks

#8 duktayp

duktayp

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,398 posts

Posted 04 April 2014 - 03:48

the lame analogy i keep using is

when i watch the sports channel, i want to hear about *current* standings/events/stars

not watch stories about dead people that excelled years ago 

--- edit: many years from now, i can see the the top-rated lists full of nothing but inactives

archive these players and put them on their own 'legends' list

Edited by duktayp, 04 April 2014 - 05:26.

#9 Ryebred

Ryebred

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 422 posts

Posted 04 April 2014 - 04:58

I like idea of separate legends lists - make the top rated reflect today.

#10 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,820 posts
  • Badge

Posted 04 April 2014 - 10:11

Hey.

Hoofmaster and I have discussed this and agree that Inactive player ought to be hidden. Their totals will still be archived so that in the event of their return, they will be put back where they ought to be.

~ Grim

#11 Subject

Subject

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 575 posts

Posted 05 April 2014 - 00:25

That is Great!!! Is this something that can be implemented soon or does it get moved to the end of the list!?? ( i understand you guys are doing ALOT! )

#12 Subject

Subject

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 575 posts

Posted 05 April 2014 - 00:27

the lame analogy i keep using is

when i watch the sports channel, i want to hear about *current* standings/events/stars

not watch stories about dead people that excelled years ago 

--- edit: many years from now, i can see the the top-rated lists full of nothing but inactives

archive these players and put them on their own 'legends' list

Agreed!

#13 Rek

Rek

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 217 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 05 April 2014 - 04:36

My current top rated list, has 3 players in top ten who have been inactive for more than 30 days, and the rest of the top rated list, maybe 3/4 have quit... :/ I think maybe the game needs to be a bit easier at the startoff. 

Not sure I'd still be here without Wil72's, and TheSlopes help!!!!

Big sexy Sig by the one, the only, the marvelous, Beanopoly

#14 duktayp

duktayp

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,398 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 00:24

bump

Oh+had+enough+eh+_0cc20fc80dc9a1f3c74191

#15 Subject

Subject

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 575 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 20:31

LoL, been sitting at 11th in top rated with 4 players that have been inactive over 30 days in top 10 :/ ...

#16 murabane

murabane

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 261 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 21:20

You really want that medal huh subject :P

I would agree taking inactives out of the list, but also you have to acknowledge their work and achievements. I could see having two lists. Much like with the top rated 250 where you have current/xp locked. That gives you guys what you want as well as keeps their position in place if you will. Gives both sides what they deserve, and im sure its something that can be done :)

Also considering having two lists, you base the medal gain off the "active" list. As it makes way more sense that a player should only earn a medal with their activity. I think the cut off date for that should be left up to hoof and grim though.

#17 Shylark57

Shylark57

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 802 posts
  • Badge

Posted 11 April 2014 - 21:34

LoL, been sitting at 11th in top rated with 4 players that have been inactive over 30 days in top 10 :/ ...

We have one on my list been gone like 38 days....Sitting in second now was first a long time... I think for the top player medals if the are Gone inactive they should lose the medals and have to start over from day one.... Just my take on it...

Edited by Shylark57, 11 April 2014 - 21:36.

#18 Subject

Subject

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 575 posts

Posted 12 April 2014 - 12:06

A[quote name="murabane" post="862118" timestamp="1397251220"]You really want that medal huh subject :P

And yes murabane im do REALLY Want this medal been busting my %#* for lat few months to get to 11 lol... Will get to 10 either way just going to take me another 2 months to get it....

#19 Subject

Subject

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 575 posts

Posted 14 April 2014 - 16:52

#20 leefylee

leefylee

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 426 posts
  • Badge

Posted 14 April 2014 - 20:23

if they are inactive, then they aint gaining no xp so you should be able to catch them and pass them in top rated list..

use them as targets to aim to pass when leveling, rather than wanting the easy move up the ladder...

i say they should stay on the list.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: