Photo

Equalizing repair bills for all within a group

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

Poll: Change Durability Loss to be equally distributed within group or dungeon group ? (16 member(s) have cast votes)

Should the durability of a group (or duneon group) be eqaully distributed across all players in the group for sharing repair costs ?

1. Yes (7 votes [43.75%])

Percentage of vote: 43.75%

2. No (7 votes [43.75%])

Percentage of vote: 43.75%

3. undecided (2 votes [12.50%])

Percentage of vote: 12.50%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 zargon

zargon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 402 posts

Posted 01 May 2014 - 00:16

Many have been talking about the high repair bills for tanks. Tanks are our friends and I personally don't like to see them go broke from repair bills. Many of them will not accept donations either. So, I am suggesting this. I can see valid points for both sides of this discussion but prefer not to state them myself. I would just like to see the thoughts that others have on this matter.

This would be a change for HCS to make. I do not know if it's possible or if it's something they would do. Let's see what others think.

For example, a dungeon run with lost and distributed durability (my numbers are not accurate I know. Just throwing out some numbers):

Tank: 24%

Healer: 8%

DPS (melee):  16%

DPS (ranged):  8%

DPS (ranged):  8%

The distributed durability in this example would be 12.8%, which would cut the tank's repair bill in half while minimizing added cost to others.

Note 1) One thing that could cause a bump in this would be higher levels helping lower levels in dungeons. So maybe this could also be weighted by character level or dungeon level as well.

Note 2) This should probably not apply to players choosing a resurrection point instead of being revived by another player. Any player choosing a resurrection point, would still have the 8% durability loss applied to themselves only, if applicable.

Edited by zargon, 02 May 2014 - 01:00.

#2 Irradiated

Irradiated

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,653 posts
  • Badge

Posted 01 May 2014 - 19:09

I voted yes, though I can't say I really like this idea.  On one hand, it's a given that tanks take more damage then other classes.  But something has to be done both to not scare away current tanks (enticing new tanks is another topic).  This is as good a suggestion as any.

Edited by Irradiated, 01 May 2014 - 19:10.

Meleager, ranger

Tuor, templar (Inactive)

Deimos, mage

Thangbrand, warsin (Mostly on vacation)

Bart, ??? (bene trades)

#3 Doja

Doja

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 437 posts

Posted 01 May 2014 - 21:03

As my main character has always been a tank, naturally this sounds kind of nice.  But honestly I don't have an issue with repair bills.  They are expensive, yes, but my style of play always leaves me with plenty of gold.

The biggest repairs bills come from death.  So I always make sure there's a quality healer with me in my dungeon runs.  Therefore, I rarely die so the repair bills aren't ridiculous.  Its quite possible the runs themselves cost me a little more than I receive, but I earn so much income from other sources that its a non-issue.

While I wouldn't mind something like this, there's also an issue of how the system determines a player's role.  Does it look at where skill points are distributed?  At DPS rates?  Sometimes when I'm with a DPS 10 levels above me I might have trouble keeping all the threat which means they take shots too, but how would the game recognize this then?  I like the general concept but it seems difficult to implement.

Perhaps the easiest solution would be to lower repair costs for heavy armor only.

Doja - Level 47

Spellthor - Level 47

Deadeye - Level 36

Deputy_Junior - Level 26

Mike_Rotch - Level 24

#4 awollsd

awollsd

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 884 posts

Posted 01 May 2014 - 21:31

idk seems to me we are over complicating it....

Durability loss isn't by hits taken it's by time in combat

Tanks take more durability loss because they initiate the combat, gather mobs, so are in combat longer even though much of that time they are in combat there is no actual combat going on...

generaly once the tank has gathered then dps and healer start making them in combat so MOST (not all) the time that period of gathering is the only thing causing more durability loss to tanks than to rest of party 

hmm seems to me a simple change to when "enganged in combat" is started would solve this.... instead of being in combat from time the mobs agro simply change it to when you cast your first damaging/healing skill (or just any skill) 

that would equalize the time in combat with tanks to be a lot closer to the same as the dps/healer and should in turn equalize their durability loss... shouldn't it?

no longer playing so feel free to ignore more (if i even post) just do still follow forums so MAY comment from time to time. 

#5 huhbum

huhbum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 301 posts

Posted 01 May 2014 - 22:12

idk seems to me we are over complicating it....

Durability loss isn't by hits taken it's by time in combat

The durability formula has since been changed. It now registers hits in combat, but the overall durability loss is less than it was during the first couple of months in the game.

This change happened sometime around the double weapon durability loss hotfix.

#6 awollsd

awollsd

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 884 posts

Posted 01 May 2014 - 23:06

oh really?  damn guess i missed that sorry...

hhmm is both time in combat and hits taken or just hits taken?

as prophet when i grind i duo grind (me and someone else) and a few days ago last time i was in game i did that 3 hour grinding he had agro most of the time and i still had a 23g loss from repairs for the 3 hours of grinding.  would HATE to see if i was solo or the one with the agro..... 

i really dont think i like that change... i know i could make gold from other means but 3 hours of game play with only 2 deaths shouldn't result in 23g loss... (without the deaths would had still been 10-15g loss) 

no longer playing so feel free to ignore more (if i even post) just do still follow forums so MAY comment from time to time. 

#7 huhbum

huhbum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 301 posts

Posted 01 May 2014 - 23:07

hhmm is both time in combat and hits taken or just hits taken?

I think it's a combination of both, however precisely how it works is still a mystery to me.

#8 awollsd

awollsd

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 884 posts

Posted 01 May 2014 - 23:09

I think it's a combination of both, however precisely how it works is still a mystery to me.

kk well thanks for letting me know..

(and to those that duo grind with me the rest of my level when i get back into game haha sorry but i'mma make sure i take 0 hits :P i'm broke lol)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: