63 replies to this topic

#41 SirAdmiral

SirAdmiral

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 734 posts

Posted 08 January 2016 - 14:59

No one item should ever be 300 FSP anyways.

That is ridiculous and I could never understand the people with more money than brains who would pay retarded prices for those items.

#42 yotwehc

yotwehc

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 08 January 2016 - 15:07

That is ridiculous and I could never understand the people with more money than brains who would pay retarded prices for those items.

Glad to hear. If you are fortunate to come upon a really expensive item, please sell it for no more then 300 fsp ;)

#43 Daconian

Daconian

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 23 January 2016 - 09:06

hmmm i dislike the idea of using epics to create other epics. that being said im pro ont he idea of using epics for other things like (sacrificing to the gods) or creating potions out of them'

tbh super pots have been ruining how hard it is to level and do other thins ive only played 2 months and im already lvl 270 with maybe 1 hunt away from 300 and thats because its so easy for me to get access to super pots global ives out 3 to 4 per event.

perhaps we can bring back a little aspect to this game if we hacked out such op items and made people work harder to get it. plus i love the idea of getting the gods involved more into the game it would bring a possibility of so many updates using the gods and storyline could be formed (i know this is turning into a rant but i love games with multiple storylines). plus it is a really good way of clearing and maintain it almost like an epic sink plus who knows what benefits we could use said god gifts from sacrificing for :o

#44 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 24 January 2016 - 00:33

Hey make sure to sell me one of those fancy GvG epics...Hell i'll take 100 of each :). Epics are meant to be EPIC and sold for EPIC prices...This game has been watered down so much and there has been so many win buttons to do with things such as obtaining titan epics that they have suffered a stroke and died...Titans are no longer *epic items*...The only true *epic* items in my opinon are GvG epics... God odds are your wearing a writhing ward... What did you pay 10 fsps for that? Some people payed over 2k years ago! You wearing ogalith gloves? Odds are you got them for 100 fsps...Some people payed WELL OVER 2K... Epics used to go for 3-5k fsps lmao... That's when they were truly epic. If you had epics you were either in a titan hunting guild or in a guild that purchased them... Or you were just so rich that you had nothing better to do with your fsps than purchase epics... Boy the times have changed... I dont think i pass a profile without seeing atleast 2-4 epics being worn and not guild tagged. This whole attitude about epics that the cows and players grew overtime that everyone should be able to have epics is just absurd.

Edited by BigGrim, 25 January 2016 - 11:29.
No swearing.

#45 vamunre

vamunre

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 596 posts

Posted 24 January 2016 - 01:38

. I dont think i pass a profile without seeing atleast 2-4 epics being worn and not guild tagged. This whole attitude about epics that the cows and players grew overtime that everyone should be able to have epics is just absurd.

Well I am not wearing any guild epics. 

I disagree, largest problem with FS is stamina gain. epics just bump you up a little. In my opinion it should have been bumped up a long time ago. Times have changed and there are far to many free games to play that don't have limiting factors like FS has. In my opinion COWS need to evolve. 

THINGS THAT COWS SHOULD DO NOW NOT LATTER LIKE ALL THE OTHER COMPANIES!

First, the epic chests should always be available to buy from the COWS.

Second, the 20% bonus plus chest should still  happen randomly.

Third, there should be bound and unbound Epics available for purchase from the COWS always

Forth , XP events 1.05xp though 1.25xp bonus should happen more often or be available for purchase from the COWS

#46 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,816 posts
  • Badge

Posted 25 January 2016 - 11:31

This whole attitude about epics that the cows and players grew overtime that everyone should be able to have epics is just absurd.

Actually, the whole point was these would be available to every Guild who put the effort in. They are not about a few Guilds dominating for profit.

#47 Morgwyn

Morgwyn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 556 posts

Posted 25 January 2016 - 14:26

Actually, the whole point was these would be available to every Guild who put the effort in. They are not about a few Guilds dominating for profit.

Time for a couple of Guild-bound epics then? 

#48 Egami

Egami

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,863 posts

Posted 25 January 2016 - 15:59

You do not need to force this. What is probably more to your point is to remind you that Titan Epics are actually Guild bound. 

#49 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 25 January 2016 - 22:11

In return i'd like to see no CD on these... There would be no profit going on. There would be no need to overfarm them really either... CD would have no place with these titans.

#50 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 25 January 2016 - 22:18

You mean bound that can't be UN-bound ? :) - Sure, bring it on ..

But ..

1. Cooldown remains for them

or

2. A finite number of (each) bound titan item a guild can possess

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#51 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 25 January 2016 - 22:28

You mean bound that can't be UN-bound ? :) - Sure, bring it on ..

But ..

1. Cooldown remains for them

or

2. A finite number of (each) bound titan item a guild can possess

Your always all for restrictions... Guess we will never run parallel. TBH with HCS putting FS out there on steam they will be in a whole different audience then FS has already. They will be dipping their game into a community of gamers. Right now FS is mostly adults with day jobs... FS will fail 100% on steam if we keep up this attitude. Gamers like a challenge and they will move on because this game has been simplified and dumbed down so much. There was a reason why FS was so successful back in the days because there was less win buttons and more challenge... More fun overall.

***Edit

Do you know how excited i got back years ago when i made a couple dozen fsps? Now i can put no effort in and get 100-1000 fsps for little to no effort. Granted this is because i have a fairly upgraded character but still if i were to restart from scratch i could easily do it. It only takes 3k stam to solo a titan now and 40 minutes... With the rampid con/lf we get from GE any old anyone can get an epic. Would take 2 people hunting basically with little to no stam upgrades to secure an epic. Guess the lower level epics have been devalued to crap because of CD/TD/TP but still. There is no excitement anymore when earning fsps. If new players can join and have the ability to rake in hundreds/thousands for no skin off their back they will get bored of this game.

You can't just give give to new players because then there is no hook...They never get addicted. Dont get me wrong you gotta give them some stuff... But you gotta dangle the prize right by their nose so they work day in and day out before they are eventually addicted.

Edited by EpicPiety, 25 January 2016 - 22:41.

#52 yotwehc

yotwehc

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 25 January 2016 - 22:41

***Edit

Do you know how excited i got back years ago when i made a couple dozen fsps? Now i can put no effort in and get 100-1000 fsps for little to no effort. It only takes 3k stam to solo a titan now and 40 minutes... With the rampid con/lf we get from GE any old anyone can get an epic. Would take 2 people hunting basically with little to no stam upgrades to secure an epic. Guess the lower level epics have been devalued to crap because of CD/TD/TP but still. There is no excitement anymore when earning fsps. If new players can join and have the ability to rake in hundreds/thousands for no skin off their back they will get bored of this game.

You are contradicting yourself? You can easily gain 1,000's of fsp. Epics have been devalued to crap? Outside of seasonals, not sure it's that easy to rake in. Most of the lower level players I know would love to know the secret. Heck I would love to know how to rake it in myself.

#53 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 25 January 2016 - 22:43

You are contradicting yourself? You can easily gain 1,000's of fsp. Epics have been devalued to crap? Outside of seasonals, not sure it's that easy to rake in. Most of the lower level players I know would love to know the secret. Heck I would love to know how to rake it in myself.

The secret to being successful is to play all aspects of the game and rake in profit from all of it remember that yot :).

#54 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 25 January 2016 - 22:45

The secret to being successful is to play all aspects of the game and rake in profit from all of it remember that yot :).

If i were to play arena/scavenge/th/gvg i could make heaps upon heaps...But i simply don't have the motivation because i don't necessarily need fsps that bad...Heck sometimes i'd even throw 1-2k stam at farming resources to make some potions and sell for tiny bits of profit. New players prob only have the ability to play arena/th/gvg though as scavenging and potion making takes alot of BP.

Edited by EpicPiety, 25 January 2016 - 22:47.

#55 yotwehc

yotwehc

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 25 January 2016 - 22:49

If i were to play arena/scavenge/th/gvg i could make heaps upon heaps...But i simply don't have the motivation because i don't necessarily need fsps that bad...Heck sometimes i'd even throw 1-2k stam at farming resources to make some potions and sell for tiny bits of profit. New players prob only have the ability to play arena/th/gvg though as scavenging and potion making takes alot of BP.

So somehow new players are gonna figure all of it out super quickly, get bored and quit? Darn geniuses these new players. :/ although compared to me, anyone is a genius.

Edited by yotwehc, 25 January 2016 - 22:50.

#56 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 25 January 2016 - 22:53

So somehow new players are gonna figure all of it out super quickly, get bored and quit? Darn geniuses these new players. :/ although compared to me, anyone is a genius.

I think that if people found this game on steam that they already are going to come equip with an able thinking mind for gaming...Especially a browser based game...Complex that it may be its nothing compared to 3d MMOs...I believe with a tiny bit of help from guilds recruiting them they will excel vastly in this game if they take a liking... That's my opinion though

#57 yotwehc

yotwehc

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 25 January 2016 - 23:09

I think that if people found this game on steam that they already are going to come equip with an able thinking mind for gaming...Especially a browser based game...Complex that it may be its nothing compared to 3d MMOs...I believe with a tiny bit of help from guilds recruiting them they will excel vastly in this game if they take a liking... That's my opinion though

I guess we can agree to disagree. Somehow I think if you are a hardcore 3D mmorpg player, you will end up quitting in 10 minutes or less. Why bother playing a game that doesn't have the eye candy. Just my opinion though. I know a few of those hardcore players. Major snobs. Lol

#58 Egami

Egami

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,863 posts

Posted 25 January 2016 - 23:56

Sorry, I'm trying to refocus on what I understood the topic to be about. I can definitely be wrong.

So many things came out in posts 49 through 57 that it's really impossible to evaluate for me personally.

For me, the base question remains the same: Is there a reason to artificially support prices on Epics? 

I just don't see it. And that is my read on the topic. 

I openly admit that gold sink to me was the most important thing in game. I no longer have a handle on whether I still believe that or not. 

I am actively involved in game aspects that contribute to my character's "profit". 

The "problem" is that "profit" is defined by individuals and not the collective. 

I do NOT believe that things recently discussed in this thread are taking any of that into account. 

I am very happy about HCS' endeavors into the mobile app. For me, that's about increasing the player base and activity. I doubt that it will change the game. For me, it's only about exposure. Those who, like me, got addicted, may become addicted. Those that are exposed and, like many others, get bored, will also get bored. 

#59 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 26 January 2016 - 04:51

I guess we can agree to disagree. Somehow I think if you are a hardcore 3D mmorpg player, you will end up quitting in 10 minutes or less. Why bother playing a game that doesn't have the eye candy. Just my opinion though. I know a few of those hardcore players. Major snobs. Lol

Still have to agree...FS community will change majorly if we get alot of recruits from steam :). What HCS needs to work on now is an extensive tutorial...Maybe it should last them 2-3 days? but at the end they are level 100+ and come out with vast knowledge..Maybe add some quests that are like mini quizzes that give xp if you are correct? Something...Anything! 

#60 Windbattle

Windbattle

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,707 posts
  • Badge

Posted 26 January 2016 - 17:28

So far I like the following ideas:

1) Cash out less valuable epics for an X increase in stam gain over X time.

2) Cash out less valuable epics for X amount of frags (of your choice, but each category would have different amounts) OR X amount of Composing XP.

3) Get more people INTO THE GAME. The reason we have epic backlog is simply because there is WAY MORE epics than there are active players, so much so that we have pages (yes plural) of certain epics in the AH. And of course eventually people get tired of waiting to sell stuff and then price drop until they can sell their epic(s).

To sum this up, we need to advertise more, finish the mobile version of the game, and push donations on those new players in a fun way to get them hooked. I'm sure most of us that are still around that are old timers got hooked by "something" in this game and that is why we are still here. You need to tap into that again cows.

There are a few positives of the lower priced epics though (to play devils advocate for a minute):

1) It does give slower connection / people that never got into titan hunting ... a chance to get into it. If less people are incentive to go after the titans, then the void creates opportunity. Plus if everyone stopped hunting them eventually the prices would come up anyways, : P

2) Lower to mid tier guilds can start buying extra epics for their members to use + hunt for some extras for them. This is a HUGE change in dynamics of titan hunting.

3) Chance to merchant on epics again. When people keep dropping the prices on stuff ... its exciting to know whether you should buy in now to flip later or will it keep going down or will it become steady. The chance in value creates opportunity for merchanting.

Edited by Windbattle, 26 January 2016 - 17:33.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: