Photo

DEFLECT!!!!!!

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

Poll: Deflect (74 member(s) have cast votes)

Should Deflect be altered as described?

1. Yes remove deflect from everything but normal PVP (17 votes [22.97%])

Percentage of vote: 22.97%

2. No leave Deflect alone (43 votes [58.11%])

Percentage of vote: 58.11%

3. No Remove Deflect from the game entirely (14 votes [18.92%])

Percentage of vote: 18.92%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Leos3000

Leos3000

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,034 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 00:02

So there is 1 buff in the game that drives me crazy and frustrates me enough to avoid aspects of the game that involve it...Deflect

I have a simple suggesting to lower the frustration and hopefully increase activity in PVP aspects

Deflect should only work in Normal PVP (meaning off the board and ladder and not in GVG either)

Recap:

Deflects works for normal PVP (gold and prestige hits)

Deflect DOES NOT WORK in GVG, the ladder or Bounty Board

All this buff does in the aspects it should not work in either delay the inevitable or frustrate people.

#2 RebornJedi

RebornJedi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 00:18

Skill Anti Deflect level 175 was activated on 'leos3000'.

#3 Shylark57

Shylark57

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 802 posts
  • Badge

Posted 09 April 2014 - 00:23

I hate Deflect if I am working a bounty... But I does work the way I see it intended... 

#4 BraveKath

BraveKath

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 642 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 09 April 2014 - 00:44

Seems Anti-Deflect doesn't kick in that much, if that were kicked up a notch or Deflect scaled back a bit, that would even be nice.

As it plays a role in BH'ing and GvG, granted a frustrating one when you're getting blocked by it, but it adds a challenge to the game though one seemingly based on luck more than anything else, but have my share of lost bounties and GvG because of deflect.

(Loss in GvG: drags on so long that one becomes tired & careless and miss something or things along that line, or losses due to you're returning hits and it's close to the end time and you simply run out of time, etc)

Clarification - I'm for retaining it for the challenge it poses, but as stated above wouldn't mind if it wasn't quite so effective.

Edited by BraveKath, 10 April 2014 - 10:49.

#5 RebornJedi

RebornJedi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 00:46

Skill Anti Deflect level 176 was activated on 'BraveKath'.

#6 yghorbeviahn

yghorbeviahn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 02:08

Agreed, Deflect should be removed from GvG, Ladder and BB...

I also want to remove the Deflect and Anti-D from the game, but I believe that's too much.

#7 Ryebred

Ryebred

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 422 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 04:50

I think GvG is the only application of deflect I like having - offers a breath of time to prepare or measure incoming hits, so voted to leave it be.  I have won 2- 100 fsp bounty pots due to deflect being in play, because of this I find it hard to hate it. 

#8 Davros81

Davros81

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 950 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 09 April 2014 - 09:33

Voted to remove the buff from the game entirely. Makes me laugh how people were enraged at the Sealed buff in its original incarnation yet they were fine with deflect... The argument regarding getting all buffed up just for those buffs to be made redundant, well doesn't deflect do exactly the same thing but in essence the outcome is worse?

#9 Rek

Rek

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 217 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 17:15

I have had deflect activate 5 times in a row, with Anti Deflect. 

That should say something.

Big sexy Sig by the one, the only, the marvelous, Beanopoly

#10 Lellarell

Lellarell

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 308 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 10:09

What's the problem with Deflect if there are Anti-Deflect, Spell Leech, Spell Breaker and Sealed (and Reckoning).

#11 DeadParrot

DeadParrot

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 436 posts
  • Badge

Posted 11 April 2014 - 19:06

Seems Anti-Deflect doesn't kick in that much, if that were kicked up a notch or Deflect scaled back a bit, that would even be nice.

As it plays a role in BH'ing and GvG, granted a frustrating one when you're getting blocked by it, but it adds a challenge to the game though one seemingly based on luck more than anything else, but have my share of lost bounties and GvG because of deflect.

(Loss in GvG: drags on so long that one becomes tired & careless and miss something or things along that line, or losses due to you're returning hits and it's close to the end time and you simply run out of time, etc)

Clarification - I'm for retaining it for the challenge it poses, but as stated above wouldn't mind if it wasn't quite so effective.

Kath, Anti-deflect does work at the stated percentage as advertised.  Problem is, it kicks in regardless of whether Deflect kicks in or not.  So it's actually X% all the time, not X% after Deflect kicks in.  To back this up, I've the combat logs and noted that Anti-Deflect was activated, but Deflect did not -- or so it seems without a record of it.  Can anyone confirm or deny?

Deflect bites it in PURPOSEFUL pvp, ie. ladder and gvg.  It should be meant as a defense from baddies, hehe.

DP

Swearing, even starred out, is not acceptable on the forums. Cheers!

#12 Kedyn

Kedyn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 698 posts
  • Badge

Posted 12 April 2014 - 00:11

I voted to leave it alone. As with Rye above, I think Deflect's main use is within GVG. While it is definitely an annoyance, it's something that everyone has the opportunity to use and deal with. There are plenty of buffs to combat it.

@Dead - I noticed the same thing you have, but never knew if it hid the deflect activation or not. I don't think I ever remember seeing "Anti-Deflect activated when deflect activated". I'm guessing it's probably hidden.

#13 Mzzery

Mzzery

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 606 posts

Posted 12 April 2014 - 05:44

I can't stand deflect. I wouldn't cry if it was taken away from the game :)

og3DxyP.gif

#14 Brinmoth

Brinmoth

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 132 posts
  • Australia

Posted 12 April 2014 - 08:17

I'd be perfectly happy to see deflect completely gone, however I will concede that i am in the minority there.

I think the suggested idea here is a fair alteration given the all the dark purveyors of deflect out there.

#15 RageAnger

RageAnger

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 12 April 2014 - 12:09

So there is 1 buff in the game that drives me crazy and frustrates me enough to avoid aspects of the game that involve it...Deflect

I have a simple suggesting to lower the frustration and hopefully increase activity in PVP aspects

Deflect should only work in Normal PVP (meaning off the board and ladder and not in GVG either)

Recap:

Deflects works for normal PVP (gold and prestige hits)

Deflect DOES NOT WORK in GVG, the ladder or Bounty Board

All this buff does in the aspects it should not work in either delay the inevitable or frustrate people.

+1000000

#16 RageAnger

RageAnger

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 12 April 2014 - 12:58

I have had deflect activate 5 times in a row, with Anti Deflect. 

That should say something.

I've had deflect kick in 7 times in a row, many many times and I've been deflected 10+ on bounties very often as well with anti deflect always (not even an option not to use anti deflect for me). It is very obvious that deflect kicks in way more then it should. Deflect is also the thing that made me most consider quitting bounty hunting and the game.

#17 Removed4427

Removed4427

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,400 posts

Posted 12 April 2014 - 16:37

thank you, deflect

tumblr_m3gqteybrJ1qc0cxpo1_250.gif

#18 rowbeth

rowbeth

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,108 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 08:47

So where is the cat's anti-deflect?

#19 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,285 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 15:50

When I take your bounty, it just angers me to see you threw on deflect!  JUST TAKE IT OUT OF THE GAME ALREADY!

Just one old lady's opinion

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

Have you hugged your Quango lately?

#20 Removed4427

Removed4427

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,400 posts

Posted 27 April 2014 - 19:50

deflect_zpse15c79ff.gif