• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 lawyergod

lawyergod

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 16:26

This is NOT a thread asking for new epics, of themselves. It is an acknowledgement that, at some point, it is inevitable that there WILL be new epics, and a suggestion as to a unique way to handle them.

What I would suggest is that the new epics give extraordinary boosts to gain (+10, as a ballpark, but up for debate), but that they also be crystal, with very limited durability, (20/20, or 50/50, as a ballpark). This way, there would be a tradeoff between the gains and the fact that they would break, and would be lost once they did.

I think this would be a boost to the game economy (whether these things are by Titans, by RP items by invention, or whatever, everyone would benefit), would give EoC and/or donating players something to pour their FSPs into, and could spur on PvP as well by giving them an incentive to hit players wearing these items.

As follow-up suggestions, it might be a good idea to also have these items scattered across multiple levels -- i.e. one at level 80, one at level 300, one at 1200, etc. Also, it might be very interesting if the items were each part of a set; each individual item would give some gain boost, and the set bonus could be ANOTHER gain boost. This would further incentivize getting the items, and would also incentivize PvP-ers to hit people wearing these items.

Just food for thought. Please be gentle as you tear this idea apart.

#2 Xed

Xed
  • United States of America

Posted 25 January 2013 - 17:56

This is NOT a thread asking for new epics, of themselves. It is an acknowledgement that, at some point, it is inevitable that there WILL be new epics, and a suggestion as to a unique way to handle them.

What I would suggest is that the new epics give extraordinary boosts to gain (+10, as a ballpark, but up for debate), but that they also be crystal, with very limited durability, (20/20, or 50/50, as a ballpark). This way, there would be a tradeoff between the gains and the fact that they would break, and would be lost once they did.

I think this would be a boost to the game economy (whether these things are by Titans, by RP items by invention, or whatever, everyone would benefit), would give EoC and/or donating players something to pour their FSPs into, and could spur on PvP as well by giving them an incentive to hit players wearing these items.

As follow-up suggestions, it might be a good idea to also have these items scattered across multiple levels -- i.e. one at level 80, one at level 300, one at 1200, etc. Also, it might be very interesting if the items were each part of a set; each individual item would give some gain boost, and the set bonus could be ANOTHER gain boost. This would further incentivize getting the items, and would also incentivize PvP-ers to hit people wearing these items.

Just food for thought. Please be gentle as you tear this idea apart.

Sounds very nice :) but I dont like the part of a set aspect :P but IMO there needs to be an epic all about gains, like +8 Stam Gain +15 XP Gain +1000 Gold Gain!

Xed.gif

Xed's Graphic Shoppe: http://forums.hunted...graphic-shoppe/

#3 MummRa

MummRa

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 545 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 25 January 2013 - 18:10

+1000 Gold Gain!

ACK! No more new gold please

As to the original suggestion:

I like the idea other than the low durability, shouldn't be crazy 100 seems fine and with each decrease in durability the gain is reduced so if its at 90% durability you get 90% stats from it

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: