288 replies to this topic

#21 shindrak

shindrak

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,957 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 00:42

Yes i do actually . Remove the silly moves system and replace them with buffs.The arena dominance by the few would vanish over night .

buffs wouldn't make it special aspect anymore ;)

Arena Moves much better than buffs need lots of luck... buff would only increase luck
Why you complain about moves over and over ? they are simple to understand...

not to mention how negative it will be for new players who cant buy buffs all day to join .. this will make it very slow just like pvp only afew players playing it compared to all players

#22 shindrak

shindrak

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,957 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 00:45

I like the idea, but the winner should not receive tokens, as they are winning any way

Was thinking about this :) think it would be good to reward token just for final loser

#23 2good4u222

2good4u222

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 352 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 00:53

I like the idea, but the winner should not receive tokens, as they are winning any way

Was thinking about this :) think it would be good to reward token just for final loser

I agree Shin, I've been ''mentoring'' quite a few people lately to try and get them interested, and most of the time the end result is finals disappointment. These tokens are something I believe would keep up the moral of the troops, so to say.

Arena moves are simplicity itself. Don't know why people dislike them so much. Though weaken is a turd!

#24 Filletminion

Filletminion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,326 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 05:08

Yes i do actually . Remove the silly moves system and replace them with buffs.The arena dominance by the few would vanish over night .

Arena Moves much better than buffs need lots of luck... buff would only increase luck

not to mention how negative it will be for new players who cant buy buffs all day to join .. this will make it very slow just like pvp only afew players playing it compared to all players

And the arena should not be something special for the few to profit from and drive others out of.
Actually no because new players would not need buffs for level 20 arenas that are not available at level 20 just the same as level 1000 arenas would not be able to use level 1200 buffs or 1200 arenas would not be able to use 1400 buffs etc etc.

If Arena Moves are so easy to understand then why don't you post a thread with everything you know about them for every player to see. because many of them say one thing and do another v certain moves and you know that.

#25 2good4u222

2good4u222

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 352 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 05:46

And the arena should not be something special for the few to profit from and drive others out of.
Actually no because new players would not need buffs for level 20 arenas that are not available at level 20 just the same as level 1000 arenas would not be able to use level 1200 buffs or 1200 arenas would not be able to use 1400 buffs etc etc.

If Arena Moves are so easy to understand then why don't you post a thread with everything you know about them for every player to see. because many of them say one thing and do another v certain moves and you know that.

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=107555

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=103227

It's all there. As far as I know any ways.

#26 Eleonora2

Eleonora2

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 217 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 07:38

I like the idea. Have been trying the arena and won some moves. But the item arena's are dominated by a small group of professional arena farmers.

Arena could be far more interesting than it is now if the counter attack move was changed. As it is it makes winning for defense setups impossible as it ignores player defense so it will hit whenever it activates which is at the worst 25% chance (probably higher).

Second that the winner should get no token, they already have their reward.

#27 2good4u222

2good4u222

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 352 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 11:56

I like the idea. Have been trying the arena and won some moves. But the item arena's are dominated by a small group of professional arena farmers.

Arena could be far more interesting than it is now if the counter attack move was changed. As it is it makes winning for defense setups impossible as it ignores player defense so it will hit whenever it activates which is at the worst 25% chance (probably higher).

Second that the winner should get no token, they already have their reward.

There is nothing wrong with the moves.

I agree it is a player group dominated section of Fallensword, but there is nothing stopping others to get involved and become one of those people.

#28 celendais

celendais

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,424 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 13:01

err why not have a version of this idea as achievements?

Lose final 2 points
Join tourney 1 point.
Win tourney X levels over your own= 3 points.
Capped per day. and heck if you want incentive make it a formula coupled to arena wins , so a newbie reaching final gets a tad more and the big guns gets a tad less.

And make it achievement in that system. Dont mix it with pvp tokens , they are messed up already lol...

#29 koenvdv

koenvdv

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,327 posts
  • Badge
  • Belgium

Posted 26 August 2012 - 13:16

Lose final 2 points
Join tourney 1 point.
Capped per day. and heck if you want incentive make it a formula coupled to arena wins , so a newbie reaching final gets a tad more and the big guns gets a tad less.

And make it achievement in that system. Dont mix it with pvp tokens , they are messed up already lol...

No that is a bad idea ... we don't wan't to chase away arena veterans. People need a little motivation to keep doing arena. And the winner still needs to get a relative larger amount of reward ... it is still arena after all.

Instead of re-inventing the reward system you could introduce a daily reward. You can increase the joining price of all arenas by 1000 coins. This 1000 coins go into a pot and for all arenas you join (exept move arena's) you get a ticket that gives you a chance to win the pot. Instead of one winner I find it better to have more winners and split the pot between them. So if you have joined 10 arenas and in total 1000 players joined arenas that day, you have a chance of 10/1000 to win the pot and even higher if you have more winners than one.

#30 vegasmark

vegasmark

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 232 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 21:48

Another suggestion: We can exchange gold for FSP and FSP for gold. Why cant we exchange PvP ladder tokens for gold? Loyalty tokens for gold? Would it be feasible to make and exchange rate of PvP or loyalty tokes for Arena tokes?

The value of gold/fsp rises and declines with player demand/need and also with the amount of fsp in game. PvP tokens however fluctuate on a wider scale as they can be used to make MANY items. There could be no set cost/ per token. Also,exchanging one token for a different token defeats the purpose of *participation* in said aspect of the game. If someone want's something, for themselves, either buy it ( which admittedly some cannot afford) OR go out and earn it themselves by participating in that aspect.

Shin's idea could promote more interest in the arena, which is a good thing. Personally I find the moves and 2% rule absurd, So until that changes, even with these tokens as suggested, I still won't bother with the arena.

Thanks for your view Mae .... I cant say I disagree with you. I was simply thinking of stimulating the number of arena players and balancing the rewards for the "little guy."

#31 vegasmark

vegasmark

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 232 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 21:50

Lose final 2 points
Join tourney 1 point.

How many tourneys are over MY level to make it fair for me and the other higher level players? Seriously .... the hardest tourneys in the game are level 100 and below :shock:

#32 djb306

djb306

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 11:56

although i do very much like the idea of arena tokens for placing in the finals etc from my failing experience in there, it always seems to be 2 established players maikng the finals 9 times out of 10 so for me this idea is just another way for the top dogs to earn a bit more extra on the side on the odd occasion they dont win :(

But personally i think if you want the arena to be more active then i have a wee suggestion :)

as it stands the novice tab is well pretty much pointless, however the idea behind the tabs can be tweaked to benefit all and give everyone at different skill levels the opportunity to learn arena thoroughly without constantly coming across well established (dominating) players

i think there should be 5 tabs equal to the amount of medals that come with arena wins, the first tab still being novice should be the only tab to contain moves as well as a few small gold tourneys and should have a maximum of 100 wins, allowing you to achieve their bronze medal, then you move onto your 2nd tab allowing you to win 400 times upto your silver medal, 3rd tab 500 kills for your gold medal, 4th tab 1500 kills for your crystal and then the last tab unlimited wins for your ruby medal and more :)

i also think that if you have a specific medal then you are automatically exempt from lower tier tabs, this way any individual player trying there hand at arena will only face players of similar stature and when they eventually work there way to the last tier everyone should have enough knowledge about arena to give everyone a good run for there money and will hopefully in the long run be more active :)

#33 shindrak

shindrak

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,957 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 12:15

although i do very much like the idea of arena tokens for placing in the finals etc from my failing experience in there, it always seems to be 2 established players maikng the finals 9 times out of 10 so for me this idea is just another way for the top dogs to earn a bit more extra on the side on the odd occasion they dont win :(

But personally i think if you want the arena to be more active then i have a wee suggestion :)

as it stands the novice tab is well pretty much pointless, however the idea behind the tabs can be tweaked to benefit all and give everyone at different skill levels the opportunity to learn arena thoroughly without constantly coming across well established (dominating) players

i think there should be 5 tabs equal to the amount of medals that come with arena wins, the first tab still being novice should be the only tab to contain moves as well as a few small gold tourneys and should have a maximum of 100 wins, allowing you to achieve their bronze medal, then you move onto your 2nd tab allowing you to win 400 times upto your silver medal, 3rd tab 500 kills for your gold medal, 4th tab 1500 kills for your crystal and then the last tab unlimited wins for your ruby medal and more :)

i also think that if you have a specific medal then you are automatically exempt from lower tier tabs, this way any individual player trying there hand at arena will only face players of similar stature and when they eventually work there way to the last tier everyone should have enough knowledge about arena to give everyone a good run for there money and will hopefully in the long run be more active :)

Having afew arena sections will make it slower since the arena players will split and tourneys will end up in ages to fill... and beginners will never learn without meeting expert players :)
Trust me i didn't learn how to do well in arena from nothing i had hard times when i started against older arena players(FNFA,Maxvam,venomsheru and kaiserSZ and many more)...

However arena these days so different there's much less domination from top arena players , new arena players beating me and big guys more than afew times ! all you need to combo LE sets (sadly Elite sets not that useful like old days) and there's many players who will help you to understand moves while you can understand it on ur own :)

#34 djb306

djb306

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 13:20

Having afew arena sections will make it slower since the arena players will split and tourneys will end up in ages to fill... and beginners will never learn without meeting expert players :)
Trust me i didn't learn how to do well in arena from nothing i had hard times when i started against older arena players(FNFA,Maxvam,venomsheru and kaiserSZ and many more)...

However arena these days so different there's much less domination from top arena players , new arena players beating me and big guys more than afew times ! all you need to combo LE sets (sadly Elite sets not that useful like old days) and there's many players who will help you to understand moves while you can understand it on ur own :)

well i dont think it will slow arena completely, as obviously players that are at lower tiers would still be able to enter the tiers above them as they havnt completed the required kills for each one, so players who feel that they have acquired enough skill at a certain level range of arena would try there hand at the higher level tier early to earn the greater rewards, the basic mechanics of arena wouldnt change, it would just give everyone the opportunity to learn at their own pace rather than being thrown in at the deep end, sure it might have a slight slowing of arena short term but long term i think it will benefit arena for all players.

Every change that has been proposed and introduced to arena so far to improve activity has only worked for a few weeks which saw a slight burst of activity, then it died down again as people realised that nothing had actually changed with the basics, i do realise that this proposed change doesnt benefit the top players instantly like all other changes have, but if it brings new and constant new players then you will have to sacrifice short term benefits in order for the long term good

#35 shindrak

shindrak

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,957 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 14:04

well i dont think it will slow arena completely, as obviously players that are at lower tiers would still be able to enter the tiers above them as they havnt completed the required kills for each one, so players who feel that they have acquired enough skill at a certain level range of arena would try there hand at the higher level tier early to earn the greater rewards, the basic mechanics of arena wouldnt change, it would just give everyone the opportunity to learn at their own pace rather than being thrown in at the deep end, sure it might have a slight slowing of arena short term but long term i think it will benefit arena for all players.

Every change that has been proposed and introduced to arena so far to improve activity has only worked for a few weeks which saw a slight burst of activity, then it died down again as people realised that nothing had actually changed with the basics, i do realise that this proposed change doesnt benefit the top players instantly like all other changes have, but if it brings new and constant new players then you will have to sacrifice short term benefits in order for the long term good

Well maybe they can add small gold tourneys to novice section so new players can practice more...
but i'm not interested to make it easy mode for new players to get wins through lower sections , old arena players wont feel fair as they wasted tons of time working for their wins on hard mode

So a few changes will make it good i believe

1. Arena tokens as i suggested.

2. Put all "tourneys reward moves" in novice section,why would standard section players need them when they have them already?.

3.Add some gold tourneys to Novice section.

#36 djb306

djb306

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 15:20

Well maybe they can add small gold tourneys to novice section so new players can practice more...
but i'm not interested to make it easy mode for new players to get wins through lower sections , old arena players wont feel fair as they wasted tons of time working for their wins on hard mode

So a few changes will make it good i believe

1. Arena tokens as i suggested.

2. Put all "tourneys reward moves" in novice section,why would standard section players need them when they have them already?.

3.Add some gold tourneys to Novice section.

and there it is, the same stuck record that will always result in more crying out for changes and activity within the arena as awell as other aspects of the game. how after all the profit youve already made you can call it a waste of time baffles me, are we actually talking about improving an aspect of the game or how to further line your pockets with more profit?????????

#37 shindrak

shindrak

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,957 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 15:32

and there it is, the same stuck record that will always result in more crying out for changes and activity within the arena as awell as other aspects of the game. how after all the profit youve already made you can call it a waste of time baffles me, are we actually talking about improving an aspect of the game or how to further line your pockets with more profit?????????

If you read above you will know theres no dominance from old arena players... many many new noobs arena players still able to beat top arena players without splitting it into easy mode sections...

Just players who don't have good items will get dominated even by player never played arena using good gears for his own or his guild...
So noobs sections wont fix anything just another copy of arena aspect.

As i said above add some gold tourney to novice section might help them to practice more .. you looking to profit or practice first ?

#38 djb306

djb306

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 18:30

If you read above you will know theres no dominance from old arena players... many many new noobs arena players still able to beat top arena players without splitting it into easy mode sections...

Just players who don't have good items will get dominated even by player never played arena using good gears for his own or his guild...
So noobs sections wont fix anything just another copy of arena aspect.

As i said above add some gold tourney to novice section might help them to practice more .. you looking to profit or practice first ?

im just looking for something to pass the time in between hunts, on the few occasions i get to log in when im not working, but even having a few gold tourneys in the novice tab would not give anyone time to practice, considering that you are only allotted 50 wins before your thrown in the deep end and considering 45 of those 50 will probably be used obtaining all the moves against other people who like yourself would be a complete novice at arena, i would hardly call that practice lol Did you figure it out in 50 wins?

you yourself know that arena is just another dying aspect of fallensword otherwise you wouldnt of created this thread/idea in order to inject new blood but the fact remains that as a new player in arena when you have zero wins and your constantly being slapped in the face by people who have several hundred wins or even thousands as they have experience, and access to many many items of gear, and considering the price of some of these items, its extremely daunting.
its hardly a level playing field so only the odd 1 out of many who try will press on, my idea levels the playing field considerably and in the long run you will probably have a lot lot more people press on rather than the odd 1, do you not think so yourself? it could be silver medal status before your forced to play with the big fish, but atl;east give people the proper opportunity to figure things out for them selves, and invest in their own gear as experience is gained

#39 pix200

pix200

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 173 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 07:50

There will be 2 ways to collect tokens
1.Reach final lose or win you obtain 1 token
2.Every 10 tourneys you join with passing first round you obtain 1 token

Add "Arena shop" just like pvp ladder shop

Add the potions currently spawn in arena or new potions and make them going for 20 token each

+100 I really really liked this idea!

#40 hbklives

hbklives

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 822 posts
  • Badge
  • United States of America

Posted 30 September 2012 - 13:50

Great idea, would love to see it implemented.

tumblr_ohmmkinSKX1siy7m0o1_540.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: