Photo

GvG and New Players.

• Please log in to reply
139 replies to this topic

Poll: GvG and New Players. (143 member(s) have cast votes)

Should new players be exempt from GvG as they are in PvP?

1. Yes. (117 votes [83.57%])

Percentage of vote: 83.57%

2. No. (23 votes [16.43%])

Percentage of vote: 16.43%

If yes, at what level should they be introduced?

1. 25 (42 votes [29.79%])

Percentage of vote: 29.79%

2. 50 (54 votes [38.30%])

Percentage of vote: 38.30%

3. 75+ (29 votes [20.57%])

Percentage of vote: 20.57%

4. N/A (Chose 'No' for question 1.) (16 votes [11.35%])

Percentage of vote: 11.35%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,814 posts
  • Badge

Posted 29 May 2013 - 15:14

Hi there Everyone.

In recent times, we've heard that new players are being attacked in GvG while below level 25, which is the starting point for PvP. What we are looking for is this : 

1. How do we protect new players from being farmed in GvG?

And

2. How do we then introduce these players to the realm of GvG? How do we explain what it is and how to have fun with it?

Our focus for this is to introduce new players to these aspects of the game, explaining what is going on instead of them suddenly finding themselves attacked and their armour broken and so on. We want to encourage new players to engage with all the aspects of the game and as such are asking for your opinions on the issue.

~ The Fallen Sword Team

#2 jdlaw

jdlaw

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
  • Badge

Posted 29 May 2013 - 15:22

GvG protection Like Pvp protection for 14 days? Just a wild guess

#3 davidutz

davidutz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 204 posts
  • Badge
  • Romania

Posted 29 May 2013 - 15:23

option in like in the lieder

#4 spartenseb

spartenseb

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Badge

Posted 29 May 2013 - 15:24

You could just let them get hit, though it would encourage guilds not to take on new players lol. But yeah I guess GvG protection sounds like the fastest solution to this "problem"  ;)

#5 chasblade

chasblade

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 15:25

Is there a way to set up some sort of disclaimer that they have to read when joining a guild that gives a detailed explanation of what GvG is? Personally I was never bothered by GvG the cost of armor repair is minor compared to the costs from PvP, which  also include lost xp and stolen gold.

#6 RED

RED

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 327 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 15:26

They need to get acquainted with how the game works, the gear, pots etc. Getting hammered as soon as you enter this game isn`t a way to keep new players I don`t think. red

#7 yghorbeviahn

yghorbeviahn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 15:26

Don't vote because i believe the solution is not that.

14 days GvG protection, and the protection is losted if you do any GvG attack.

#8 evilbry

evilbry

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,172 posts
  • New Zealand

Posted 29 May 2013 - 15:27

Nothing to add towards the topic at hand right now, but I would like to thank HCS for looking into this, and inviting the community to help with a reasonable solution.

#9 evilbry

evilbry

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,172 posts
  • New Zealand

Posted 29 May 2013 - 15:29

Is there a way to set up some sort of disclaimer that they have to read when joining a guild that gives a detailed explanation of what GvG is? Personally I was never bothered by GvG the cost of armor repair is minor compared to the costs from PvP, which  also include lost xp and stolen gold.

Sadly disclaimers don't work. How many people read the terms and conditions before signing up to a service or installing an update on some software?

#10 tlthomasjr

tlthomasjr

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 239 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 15:30

stop rewarding gvg per conflict with rp, and award it based on skill, rather than willingness to beat on the defenseless, or uninterested. as long as farming is rewarded, it will continue

#11 Rome

Rome

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 15:31

This is a real problem for beginners. We like to recruit new players that have just started the game and teach them how the game works. We are not a GvG guild, but our new players constantly get hammered, then lose interest.

I think a GvG Opt-In is the best solution for players under level 50 and less than 2 months or so since starting. After level 50 or a certain time period has passed, they are automatically "Opted-In."

#12 Anonemesis

Anonemesis

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 411 posts
  • Badge
  • United States of America

GVG battles should only be initiated if and only one member from both guilds attack once...this stops the farming...as its a competition no one should be forced into it...However if you mean how to protect them after initiation...well thats their problem as it holds high rewards the risk should be as balanced.

Hate It Or Love It The Underdogs On Top. 

#13 RebornJedi

RebornJedi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

A time limit for GvG protection would be way too messy.. finding targets and what not.. might as well link it to a level like what BigGrim is suggesting..

GvG should start after level 50.. 

Think it might be tricky to introduce and instruct this aspect of the game, just like many others.. the best way to do it is just to point the player to the GvG Conflict page..hard to do if they stay guildless but i think it should be up to the Guild to fully instruct players on certain aspects..

GvG being one of them. hard to make a quest where you GvG but other aspects like Super Elite, Titan Hunting, PvP, etc can be done with a quest easily without throwing TOO much information their way..

#14 jdlaw

jdlaw

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
  • Badge

Posted 29 May 2013 - 15:32

GvG protection Like Pvp protection for 14 days? Just a wild guess

The new player could choose if he wanted it or not with detailes of what gvg is.

#15 johnagod

johnagod

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 775 posts
  • Badge

Posted 29 May 2013 - 15:33

I think there is a need to revamp the whole GvG system. Make it more interesting! Nothing more boring than attacking the same person/people every 2 minutes, potentially taking nearly 2 hours to complete one conflict.

#16 jdlaw

jdlaw

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
  • Badge

Posted 29 May 2013 - 15:34

I also think that if you gvg at level 25 you should be able to attack in a 10 level range

#17 atta222

atta222

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 204 posts
  • Badge

Posted 29 May 2013 - 15:34

My vote was Yes but i think the GvG protection is good untill lvl 25... lvl 50 is way too far and some people join in for PvP and once they start loving it they level and make more levels.. others get to GvG for making FSPs and upgrading their character and making it at lvl 50 will seem a far distance to my opinion!!. . .

#18 atta222

atta222

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 204 posts
  • Badge

Posted 29 May 2013 - 15:36

So lets say at lvl 25 is when the player is starting to have an idea about GvG/PvP

#19 Egami

Egami

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,863 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 15:40

Heads up, forced to choose a level when I voted no.

#20 RebornJedi

RebornJedi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 15:42

My vote was Yes but i think the GvG protection is good untill lvl 25... lvl 50 is way too far and some people join in for PvP and once they start loving it they level and make more levels.. others get to GvG for making FSPs and upgrading their character and making it at lvl 50 will seem a far distance to my opinion!!. . .

If a new player is brought into a helpful guild and instructed about the Epic quest line, game mechanics, and buffed properly they can easily make it to level 30-50 in ONE run.. in the guild i am in, seems that most players get the taste for GvG/PvP after level 50-75+. after being able to wear a variety of sets and seeing a lot more of the game.. most are just excited about making levels at the start.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: