11 replies to this topic

#1 ChelseaBrick

ChelseaBrick

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 708 posts

Posted 19 June 2015 - 20:33

I don't know if anyone's noticed, but there is a serious lack of templars.  It's frustrating as heck trying to get any sort of run. I wouldn't be surprised if the remaining tanks that are running dungeons go on strike.  Part of the reason for this is the lack of incentive to raise a tank.  Yes, the costs have gone down but it's crazy boring to try to level one up.  Templars have to spam buttons while dealing low damage, they have to consistently hold aggro at all times while the dps run to the bathroom or eat a cookie while their Taco Bell gets cold, you name it.  They don't have any super amazing AOE skills or hold aggro skills...no wonder no one wants to be one. Something needs to be done.  Like a serious overhaul of this class.

In the meantime, while you all contemplate what could make this class more appealing, I think you should have NPC tanks that will allow tankless groups to purchase a rent-a-temp for a run for a specified amount of EP or something.  

I'm super shy so I won't advertise myself needing help.  You can only guess how many ICC runs I've been on.  It rhymes with shoe and they weren't even completed fully. 

fight1.gif

• KeS likes this

8TLwd.jpg

#2 Wiivja

Wiivja

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,175 posts
  • Badge

Posted 19 June 2015 - 20:35

I would gladly take you icc:)

#3 KeS

KeS

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,063 posts
  • Badge

Posted 19 June 2015 - 20:56

not many tanks since low population (among other things). heck I would do it but I really have no incentive to be a tank again plus I need to hunt for items again to be a proper tank but low population (among other things)=no runs=me not being a tank.

Edited by KeS, 19 June 2015 - 20:56.

The world is cruel...as will I....

#4 Crofil

Crofil

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,704 posts
  • Badge
  • Australia

Posted 19 June 2015 - 23:57

i feel ya pain.. i'm lucky lately if i even get RG/BT weeklies done.. (few weeks missed out)

i've seen people suggesting that some of us need to take the first step and i really don't want to have to respec my fave chars to be able to get runs but it is starting to look like i'll have too.. 

• KeS likes this

Crofil - 49  O=(`-`Q)

l0rdka0s - 49 Tank

Ridcully - 49 healer

Liforc - 49 Ranger

Nihilus - 49 Warsin

+ others

#5 KeS

KeS

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,063 posts
  • Badge

Posted 20 June 2015 - 00:22

i feel ya pain.. i'm lucky lately if i even get RG/BT weeklies done.. (few weeks missed out)

i've seen people suggesting that some of us need to take the first step and i really don't want to have to respec my fave chars to be able to get runs but it is starting to look like i'll have too.. 

No you won't; thanks to little al, twinkie, adlock, darrowawesome, and neneci, I can be a heal tank again

Since I had great teachers and I do love to heal tank, I have no problems tanking

I'm tired of lack on runs among other BS and I want to get the new items as well......hit me up when you need a tank

Edited by KeS, 20 June 2015 - 02:07.

#6 Neceini

Neceini

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 579 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 20 June 2015 - 03:46

No you won't; thanks to little al, twinkie, adlock, darrowawesome, and neneci, I can be a heal tank again

Since I had great teachers and I do love to heal tank, I have no problems tanking

I'm tired of lack on runs among other BS and I want to get the new items as well......hit me up when you need a tank

That bone shield you landed today will serve you well! I hope you can take many on runs. We certainly need more tanks. 😊
  • KeS likes this

#7 KeS

KeS

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,063 posts
  • Badge

Posted 20 June 2015 - 04:16

That bone shield you landed today will serve you well! I hope you can take many on runs. We certainly need more tanks.

I will; thanks again :)

#8 Huxtable

Huxtable

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 183 posts

Posted 20 June 2015 - 06:18

I'm one of the many who started as Templar then switched to higher dps to level, and yes, Templars need to be made more enticing to play. Higher damage output is one way of doing this, but it's a delicate balance--can't make them too OP.

I've been kind of championing/trying to rehash the idea of a dual-spec option as I think it's a quick & easy solution to problems finding groups. I'm sure there are plenty of warriors & warsins (myself included) who would be happy swap spec to tank a dungeon run if it didn't mean they'd have to be married to the class. Same goes for mages and healing. Hell, assassins & rangers, too, if they don't mind carrying around another armor set.

There are also a handful of good tanks out there who have trouble finding groups while playing their dps class. This would allow them to get the relics they need on the character they choose while ultimately playing the class they want to play.

Ugh, I can go and have gone on and on about the many advantages of it (see link below), but the main reason I think it's a good idea is exactly that: it would make finding dungeon runs easier by eliminating a lack of specific classes.

Yes, there'd be more tanks who need to learn how, but new tanks need that anyway. Long term there would be more people who know how to tank & heal and therefore would understand group dynamics better and could help teach other new-to-classes.

https://forums.hunte...1701-dual-spec/

#9 kidref

kidref

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 997 posts
  • Sweden

Posted 20 June 2015 - 11:56

fastest way to get tank are made warrior spec to tank, but when you are tank you se how slow you kil all mobs and wana spec back to get a better farming on FP/core/gem/gold as tank you cant kill 10 mobs on a few sec but a warrior can do it. and it are hard to get weekly run on dps/healer when you are tank. and to get LV 45 FALBED WEPON TO MY DPS i needed to spec him as tank if i wanted to get it "this year"  got like 1-2 runs/week on him

#10 ComradeLewis

ComradeLewis

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 611 posts
  • Badge

Posted 20 June 2015 - 12:52

A high to mid tear talent that reduces repair fees by 50% or maybe even 75%? That sounds reasonable, right? As long as it's high enough that everyone doesn't multi-class just to get it.

11/29/13 - 4/29/14 | 4/25/15 - 5/25/15

#11 aliadnan12

aliadnan12

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 374 posts
  • Badge

Posted 20 June 2015 - 20:00

A high to mid tear talent that reduces repair fees by 50% or maybe even 75%? That sounds reasonable, right? As long as it's high enough that everyone doesn't multi-class just to get it.

there is one in templar tree 2nd last tier to reduce durability loss by 15% .. but thats not really the issue .. the issue with templars is they got so less dps .. its not fun to play them as lvling up

also littleAL for the win .. find me and i will tank any dungeon (icc after i learn it)

#12 PeasantJoe

PeasantJoe

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 291 posts

Posted 20 June 2015 - 22:52

If you have tank as main and no dps alt, well its not fun, you cant solo effective, you cant pvp. The only thing you can do is run few dungeons per day and you need income somehow

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: