25 replies to this topic

#1 DeadParrot

DeadParrot

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 436 posts
  • Badge

Posted 02 September 2013 - 01:24

I've been watching, oh yes, watching, commenting periodically at the bizarre conversations.  However, my question to the forum is....is Global Chat really global?

Seems that the same cast of characters dominate the chat and rarely acknowledge others (exclude myself as I rarely have much to offer). 

Are you having a good experience with the global chat?  WHY OR WHY NOT?

DP

Swearing, even starred out, is not acceptable on the forums. Cheers!

#2 watagashi

watagashi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,977 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 01:30

Ive enjoyed it,,, somewhat,, of course there are a few problems there always are.

I too lurk most of the time and enjoy most of the conversations.

An ignore button is badly needed to be sure

But even without it I am impressed on how most people are seperating the game and fighting that makes it sort of fun at times from the chat where the drama isnt really needed :)

Im not sure what you mean by your question DP,, I have seen people from all over the world on GC but I think you mean more is the entire globe using it and no not really but its ok,,not everyone is a chatter.

#3 Noeni

Noeni

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 566 posts
  • Badge

Posted 02 September 2013 - 01:33

So Now you want to change up the global chat? the purpose is to make friends with other outside your own guild. give it time for people to get use to communicate with others outside of their guild circle.You should try to make friends in there.I find it fun there are all kinds of people in there those that like to  bore others to death with game talk and those that have light funny chat.silly chat but  then am not a shy person.I have no prob with it.many choose not to chat there hermits are every where. :)

bannerfans_6199711.png

#4 DeadParrot

DeadParrot

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 436 posts
  • Badge

Posted 02 September 2013 - 01:34

Ive enjoyed it,,, somewhat,, of course there are a few problems there always are.

I too lurk most of the time and enjoy most of the conversations.

An ignore button is badly needed to be sure

But even without it I am impressed on how most people are seperating the game and fighting that makes it sort of fun at times from the chat where the drama isnt really needed :)

Im not sure what you mean by your question DP,, I have seen people from all over the world on GC but I think you mean more is the entire globe using it and no not really but its ok,,not everyone is a chatter.

Nope, many interject or try to get involved, but few are able to break through the blue wall.

#5 DeadParrot

DeadParrot

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 436 posts
  • Badge

Posted 02 September 2013 - 01:35

So Now you want to change up the global chat? the purpose is to make friends with other outside your own guild. give it time for people to get use to communicate with others outside of their guild circle.You should try to make friends in there.

I don't recall asking to change it, do you have a quote for that?

#6 watagashi

watagashi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,977 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 01:42

Nope, many interject or try to get involved, but few are able to break through the blue wall.

I would add one other thing,,, please give us the option to enlarge the chat window or maybe just make it bigger? Sometimes its not a issue of being able to chime in but a issue of being able to follow it all before its off page!

And if the change it comment was tward me I dont really want to majorly change it just suggested a couple things ive seen here and there that made me enjoy that chat a bit more. As far as the guild/global chat went you could then sit on world.

Theres 2 buttons like mass and mesage for current guild chat and yes people mix them up all the time with humorous results :)

And global would be in white,,well the names of regular players are white mods are blue there too oddly but for text you could pick a color,,, another cool thing this vanilla chat could use. So much white burns my eyes! And guild chat was in green, you could also use one of the channels I spoke of where you could do guild only chat too.

I think it would be awesome to have these additions here!

#7 DeadParrot

DeadParrot

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 436 posts
  • Badge

Posted 02 September 2013 - 01:46

Obviously an edit Noeni? You don't state that?

#8 Mister Doom

Mister Doom

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,518 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 02 September 2013 - 01:48

Chat club welcomes all!

I was chatting with you not so long ago parrot! What're you talking about?? lol

EnhancedShardoom1-1.gif

#9 DeadParrot

DeadParrot

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 436 posts
  • Badge

Posted 02 September 2013 - 01:54

Chat club welcomes all!

I was chatting with you not so long ago parrot! What're you talking about?? lol

This is really not about me Shardoom, really.  I'm compiling an opinion.

#10 Mister Doom

Mister Doom

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,518 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 02 September 2013 - 01:55

I see what you did there. :(

EnhancedShardoom1-1.gif

#11 Tastria

Tastria

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 513 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 02 September 2013 - 01:58

I'll be blunt:  For the most part it's like listening in to an adolescent boys locker room.  I have seen a few sensible things on it when I've looked in, but very few.  And, less some folk out there call me a hermit, I was involved in the original chat room:  Amateur Radio.  I had friends that I talked to daily all over the world, and made new ones at the same time.  Sorry, but what goes on in the name of community during Global Chat, does NOT inspire me to be a part of it.

#12 DeadParrot

DeadParrot

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 436 posts
  • Badge

Posted 02 September 2013 - 01:58

I'll head off to the beds, but I'd really like to continue to compile information, my experience is adequate, as I don't like to chat about much outside my guild topics, but I feel this topic is valid and others may want to vocalize. 

Good eve folks.

DP

#13 gomezkilla

gomezkilla

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 16:17

Wow!

First off, it is a Global Chat and this game is a world wide game... so I'm 100% positive that its a Global Chat.

Does everyone use it? No, which is why you may only see the same people in there.

Why is it so bad that the "blue wall" of people like to be active in the chat?

#14 drdoom123

drdoom123

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 776 posts
  • Badge

Posted 02 September 2013 - 16:23

i love it im addicted to it

2u3y71v.png

Eldevin

drdoom123 - lvl EOC

AWhiteGuy - lvl EOC

Lowko - lvl 18 Ranger

Fallensword: drdoom123 lvl 824

#15 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,817 posts
  • Badge

Posted 02 September 2013 - 16:43

Anyone attempting to use the forums to attack other members in the Global Chat, will have their posts removed.

Only warning.

#16 aryann

aryann

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 400 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 16:44

global chat is same as forum 1 sided

#17 gomezkilla

gomezkilla

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 16:46

global chat is same as forum 1 sided

Please enlighten me how the global chat and even the forums are one-sided.

#18 aryann

aryann

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 400 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 16:48

not hard to figure out...i know i wont b posting there :)

#19 wil72

wil72

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,554 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 17:49

Wow!

First off, it is a Global Chat and this game is a world wide game... so I'm 100% positive that its a Global Chat.

Does everyone use it? No, which is why you may only see the same people in there.

Why is it so bad that the "blue wall" of people like to be active in the chat?

I don't think the question being asked is " Does everyone use it? " but more why don't more people use it?. One player has already given their reason why. Feed back, I would have thought, is an integral part of improving the World Chat experience for everyone.

Cheers.

wil72

#20 gomezkilla

gomezkilla

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 18:46

Seems that the same cast of characters dominate the chat and rarely acknowledge others (exclude myself as I rarely have much to offer). 

I don't think the question being asked is " Does everyone use it? " but more why don't more people use it?. One player has already given their reason why. Feed back, I would have thought, is an integral part of improving the World Chat experience for everyone.

Cheers.

wil72

I know that wasn't the question, it was a question to prove why the "same cast" of people were "dominating" the Global Chat.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: