#21 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,814 posts
  • Badge

Posted 22 January 2018 - 12:57

Glad this one was bounced! Will have to revisit this idea!

~ Grim

#22 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,814 posts
  • Badge

Posted 22 January 2018 - 18:09

So, been thinking about this.

These sets would be invented I reckon. You'd need 2 Quest Items per piece of the set. So four.

A set every 150 levels (+ level 25 or so) is 25 sets. Two to three ordinary event cycles.

Do we do one Quest Item every 500 levels or every 1000? This looks like this :

1- 500 = 4 sets = 8 of one type of Quest Item to build all new sets in this bracket.
501 - 1000 = 3 sets = 6 of one type of Quest Item to build all new sets in this bracket.

If only 1 per 1000 levels, that's 7 sets using one Quest Item.

This would be either 7 Quest Item or only 4, with the last one also being needed for future releases.

Probably written this up badly but lemme know what you think of this rough breakdown.

Remember, these Quest Items would be unbound, allowing trading and sale after the event disappears for a while.

I seriously doubt all 25 sets would be released at once but again, feedback.

~ Grim

#23 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,282 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 22 January 2018 - 20:02

I like this, it sounds a lot more fun than chasing titans, tbh....   

And I think it would boost the overall economy as well....  

The breakdown of tiers is pretty good as well...  

Just one old lady's opinion

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

Have you hugged your Quango lately?

#24 hades8840

hades8840

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,438 posts

Posted 22 January 2018 - 20:40

These sets would be invented I reckon. You'd need 2 Quest Items per piece of the set. So four.

A set every 150 levels (+ level 25 or so) is 25 sets. Two to three ordinary event cycles.

1- 500 = 4 sets = 8 of one type of Quest Item to build all new sets in this bracket.
501 - 1000 = 3 sets = 6 of one type of Quest Item to build all new sets in this bracket.

This would be either 7 Quest Item or only 4, with the last one also being needed for future releases.

Probably written this up badly but lemme know what you think of this rough breakdown.

Remember, these Quest Items would be unbound, allowing trading and sale after the event disappears for a while.

~ Grim

Did i read these would be made from existing old le sets? if so when you decide grim can you please check they aint used in other already existing items

#25 ironlegs

ironlegs

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 212 posts

Posted 22 January 2018 - 22:38

Man this is a great idea Juvi and nice follow up by BigGrim on the fleshing out the outline of future sets and the level ranges of these new sets. Also like the idea of some new quests and Titans to go along with the whole idea going forward.This will allow for the next Adventures Medal to be reached.Tiers for the Epic's is another idea who's time has come.Thumbs up , Pints around and Tea and Biscuits for a few special people .... :) :lol: :D

I admit it's getting better (Better)

A little better all the time (It can't get more worse)
                                                     Yes I admit it's getting better (Better)
                                                  It's getting better since you've been mine
                                                        Getting so much better all the time
                                                            It's getting better all the time

Writer(s): Paul Mccartney, John Lennon  .... Sgt.Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band ... The Beatles lyrics are property and copyright of their owners....

Following this, watching and waiting also

Edited by ironlegs, 22 January 2018 - 22:42.

#26 Undjuvion

Undjuvion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,623 posts
  • Australia

Posted 23 January 2018 - 04:06

~ Grim

had to read this 5 times to fully understand it BG, its ok written just gotta read it till u get it....

i think if a reward chest will have eg 5 quest items in it then the one quest item per 500 levels is the best option so there is randomness/collectability, that way even if only say silver tier is unlocked they can at least still be traded....

if a reward chest only contains eg 3 quest items then the 1 quest item per 1000 levels is fine, which may be indeed fine as how many new sets should be getting done at once in fairness to an event, also allowing tradability, if you are rewarded with 3 or 5 chests for ruby.

i think a few will want to know also BG, do u intend to add to the recipes a LE or SE item(s) from already ingame?

on even more thought into the workings, 2 quest items per piece so 4 per set will def help the workings on a reward chest system.

so good work BG!

my opinion is to now allow tradability so the event isnt over after 5 showings bar new sets added, u will need to ponder just how many quest items each chest gets very carefully, many wont mind trading, people above lvl 1500ish will possibly want to obtain 3ish sets for their range.

this could be very good the more i think on your rework BG!

Edited by Undjuvion, 23 January 2018 - 06:55.

#27 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,814 posts
  • Badge

Posted 23 January 2018 - 12:02

i think if a reward chest will have eg 5 quest items in it then the one quest item per 500 levels is the best option so there is randomness/collectability, that way even if only say silver tier is unlocked they can at least still be traded....

if a reward chest only contains eg 3 quest items then the 1 quest item per 1000 levels is fine, which may be indeed fine as how many new sets should be getting done at once in fairness to an event, also allowing tradability, if you are rewarded with 3 or 5 chests for ruby.

Definitely preferring 5 per Chest Tier. These would be stacked like the Darksun Chest, thus only taking up a single slot giving you a chest at Ruby that'll give you 25 random choices.

i think a few will want to know also BG, do u intend to add to the recipes a LE or SE item(s) from already ingame?

Thinking LE items and probably stuff like the various plant Resources and Components as well as the (Game) creature drops.

on even more thought into the workings, 2 quest items per piece so 4 per set will def help the workings on a reward chest system.

That's the intention.

my opinion is to now allow tradability so the event isn't over after 5 showings bar new sets added, u will need to ponder just how many quest items each chest gets very carefully, many won't mind trading, people above lvl 1500ish will possibly want to obtain 3ish sets for their range.

That's already intended. I want the option for trading and whatnot in place. Also, I feel this could encourage Guilds to ask their members who rarely do Globals to get them involved. Maximise the Quest Items the Guild can amass.

~ Grim

#28 Undjuvion

Undjuvion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,623 posts
  • Australia

Posted 23 January 2018 - 12:24

sweet as candy!

#29 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,814 posts
  • Badge

Posted 23 January 2018 - 12:56

I've started building the Quest Items and Chest for this idea. The nuts and bolts.

Then, I'll put in creatures. We think this is worth doing with a normal and a champion? Bearing in mind, those with Champions have a much higher Community total.

Finally, I may just look at the placement of the sets.

*Edit*

Also keeping the Thieves in the Night name and theme.

*Edit the second*

About three Events worth of initial releases.

~ Grim

#30 cucullainn

cucullainn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,464 posts

Posted 23 January 2018 - 14:40

I've started building the Quest Items and Chest for this idea. The nuts and bolts.

yes it's a great idea and everything and everybody is really going to hell about it. You seem really enthusiastic cast to do stuff with this idea.

My question is with all the other stuff that there could have been ideas for over the years how come nothing was never added to any of it. I'm referencing storybook quango and of course the one Epic that's not finished.

I mean with all the other stuff that's going on in the game a bunch of content that was at it and stuff it seems like you have an awful lot of time to invest in this idea but there's never any time to invest in the other parts of the game that have been neglected over the years.

<Just wondering ;)

#31 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,282 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 23 January 2018 - 14:47

yes it's a great idea and everything and everybody is really going to hell about it. You seem really enthusiastic cast to do stuff with this idea.

My question is with all the other stuff that there could have been ideas for over the years how come nothing was never added to any of it. I'm referencing storybook  quango and of course the one Epic that's not finished.

I believe art and final coding are the hold up for these.... not BG's bailiwick

I mean with all the other stuff that's going on in the game a bunch of content that was at it and stuff it seems like you have an awful lot of time to invest in this idea but there's never any time to invest in the other parts of the game that have been neglected over the years.

<Just wondering ;)

Possibly because this utilizes a lot of things already in the game, so no waiting for coding and artwork.... 

And with the new cow, that probably gives BG the extra time to devote to these things...

Edited by BadPenny, 23 January 2018 - 14:47.

Just one old lady's opinion

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

Have you hugged your Quango lately?

#32 Undjuvion

Undjuvion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,623 posts
  • Australia

Posted 23 January 2018 - 15:54

Then, I'll put in creatures. We think this is worth doing with a normal and a champion? Bearing in mind, those with Champions have a much higher Community total.

Finally, I may just look at the placement of the sets.

*Edit*

Also keeping the Thieves in the Night name and theme.

*Edit the second*

About three Events worth of initial releases.

~ Grim

superb, a mention of sorts, woot woot and three events should be fun as!

champ could work!

#33 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,814 posts
  • Badge

Posted 23 January 2018 - 15:55

My question is with all the other stuff that there could have been ideas for over the years how come nothing was never added to any of it. I'm referencing storybook quango and of course the one Epic that's not finished.

Stay on topic please.

~ Grim

#34 RedFinn

RedFinn

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 368 posts

Posted 23 January 2018 - 15:59

I dont even know what I am going to do with the useless stuff I already have in my backpack :P

eFqM9lD.gif

#35 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,814 posts
  • Badge

Posted 23 January 2018 - 16:04

I dont even know what I am going to do with the useless stuff I already have in my backpack tongue.png

Stay on topic please.

~ Grim

Please provide some constructive feedback for this topic.

~ Grim

#36 Undjuvion

Undjuvion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,623 posts
  • Australia

Posted 23 January 2018 - 16:05

I dont even know what I am going to do with the useless stuff I already have in my backpack :P

get some string, tie it to a rose and send it to mzzery!!! solvered!!!

#37 RedFinn

RedFinn

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 368 posts

Posted 23 January 2018 - 16:26

get some string, tie it to a rose and send it to mzzery!!! solvered!!!

I cant do that, she would decapitate me if I'd spam her.

eFqM9lD.gif

#38 kitobas

kitobas

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 492 posts

Posted 23 January 2018 - 23:35

~ Grim

I not understanding all 100% but liking very much idea, I will keeping reading for more information

if you putting legendary items in recipes for inventing this new sets then please need releasing all legendary monsters during this new event for everyone in comunity can hunting it

if not releasing all legendary monsters that needing for inventing this new sets then this new event will be very profiting for players who having very big BP space, only very few players with very big BP space will selling for all comunity and I thinking that not good

this event for comunity and not for very few players with very big BP space for making very much profiting

please doing what you did for titan hunting for making it that everyone in comunity who wanting item can getting item / sets if he doing work (hunting) during special event

thank you very much hcs for very good events you giving us for all comunity that can doing and comunity can getting, thank you very much

#39 Leos3000

Leos3000

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,034 posts

Posted 24 January 2018 - 02:00

Great idea, only thing I do not like is having LE or SE items needed to invent the sets. This would really limit the amount sets that people could make from this and intern make the actual global items useless to trade. I would rather the amount of the global quest items be a little higher in the invention . This would give equal opportunity to the whole community to trade and make the sets instead of the lucky few who have the LE or SE items when the event is released.

#40 Undjuvion

Undjuvion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,623 posts
  • Australia

Posted 24 January 2018 - 03:34

Great idea, only thing I do not like is having LE or SE items needed to invent the sets. This would really limit the amount sets that people could make from this and intern make the actual global items useless to trade. I would rather the amount of the global quest items be a little higher in the invention . This would give equal opportunity to the whole community to trade and make the sets instead of the lucky few who have the LE or SE items when the event is released.

good point on the quest items.

SE items could make a better choice, if BG gave the wprd, people could start hunting SE's now for a chance to have some or all parts needed.

Edited by Undjuvion, 24 January 2018 - 03:40.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: