255 replies to this topic

#21 Leos3000

Leos3000

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,034 posts

Posted 24 April 2017 - 19:00

This could be a fun addition to get, as some pointed out there currently is no way to opt out of gvg (Not that you lose much) some just don't like to be hit.

There is a guild upgrade that I think if used a little differently could solve some of this issue and allow more competition across fs in gvg.

The upgrade +1 max participants per gvg.

If it instead allowed members of the guild to opt into being gvg targets it could allow guilds to dictate how many people can gvg as well as limit targets to a reasonable number.

To have a gvg rating you would have to have a minimum of 4 people opted into gvg. To be competitive you would need people opted in across all levels as well.

Can only opt in/out for resets.

Characters would have something on guild page to show they are opted in for people looking for targets.

Competition wise this has guilds with targets who are expecting to get hit. Not a bunch of easy targets in epics.

Also allows any guild to have a chance in any stage of the gvg tournament, as now sure a large guild could qualify, but realistily never win since they can't have 100 members buffed vs a guild with 4 members.

#22 Pythia

Pythia

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 846 posts

Posted 24 April 2017 - 19:06

This is still a fairly good idea over all.  I'll keep watch. :)

#23 Tastria

Tastria

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 513 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 24 April 2017 - 19:45

It's an interesting idea, and I'd be more excited about it except for the "small guild factor" that's involved.  When a guild has less then 5 active members (and here I'm including those who only check in every day as active)  it becomes a bit discouraging.

We just had a very active member leave us and move on to a larger guild so he could get more protection, and be less of a target.

I don't know if there IS any good solution for this.  Perhaps when the GvG ratio falls below a certain point, the RP drops too.

I dunno what the best solution is, but at least it's being talked about.

#24 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,279 posts

Posted 24 April 2017 - 19:58

I like this idea.  It can not only serve to spark new life into an exciting part of FS play, but also give some recognition to otherwise ignored players/guilds....

I frequently participate in GvG for SA, mostly defending against such as RA (<3 you guys), etc.  Yeah, the repairs can be excessive, especially if you go offline in full epics.....  My advice?  If you are in a defending guild, prepare yourself, wear an offline defensive kit rather than your epics, go ahead and purchase deflect and erosion before leaving for the day... stuff like that, if you anticipate you might be a favored target.  Those of us on the attacking end are going to look, and if you look costly to us, or have a good set up that might cause us to lose, we'll move on to an easier pigeon, same as in normal PvP.   

Just one old lady's opinion

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

Have you hugged your Quango lately?

#25 Chooma123

Chooma123

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 24 April 2017 - 20:13

if your're bothered about repair costs, spend 200 stam doing one gvg and make a quick few fsp that will cover the costs of repairs for a month 

#26 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,279 posts

Posted 24 April 2017 - 20:20

if your're bothered about repair costs, spend 200 stam doing one gvg and make a quick few fsp that will cover the costs of repairs for a month 

I rarely get paid for GvG.  This is not to say that Windy doesn't pay us, because if we let him know, he does.... I feel it's something I do to benefit my family, and I just don't ask for payment.  I'm sure many do it for profit, and that's fine, it's their way to play, but that's just not my style.  After all, 1 level of critters earns a big chunk of gold, and if I do hunt regularly, FS sustains itself in that way....  why should my guild have to pay me for doing my part?

Just one old lady's opinion

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

Have you hugged your Quango lately?

#27 lapdragon

lapdragon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 193 posts

Posted 24 April 2017 - 20:45

RYE, you know i love yah but im going to possibly play devils Advocate here..or not.  first off, are there even 25 guilds who actively GVG? (you know LWS will always be up for this kind of adventure, and respect flows both ways with our two guilds)  i can understand how it is frustrating to have a win not gain any rating (different from RP for those wondering) at the level that RA is at...even for us, all the stam spent defending an incoming GVG, from a guild looking to make it into the top, is frustrating when we get ZERO rating for winning.

so, why dont we just ask HCS to have the gvg ladder reset every three months?  and i personally would LOVE to have more buff packages to be purchased with the RP.  Having a large guild in defense mode, buffing numerous players in each range is really tough.  having the buff packs could possibly drive any RP item up in price, since many guilds will use the packs, making more guilds gvg, if we could get the packs like you spoke of.  That would also take strain off using stam to buff mates, which could possibly bring some of the "larger family size guilds" back into GVG?  i will be keeping an eye on this and supporting you!  GVG is a fun aspect of the game.  ALSO, by looking at the GVG ladder, no one can really say that the "small guilds" have advantage. 

Of the top 3 guilds, only one is small while the other two have many in different ranges.

You put in some hard work and i think this thread is great!

Edited by lapdragon, 24 April 2017 - 21:07.

#28 Chooma123

Chooma123

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 24 April 2017 - 21:06

numbers could be tweaked, i also think more guilds would be interested if new rewards/incentives were given out

#29 yotwehc

yotwehc

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 24 April 2017 - 22:22

Big difference in the smasher medal, and my idea...apples and oranges man. There is nearly nothing lost in GvG, rating, and some gold for gear damage. The real problem with mass activity like with the smasher medal induction doesn't exist here, or your simply being petty.

Say what you will. If your guild is not into gvg and you are getting hammered by everyone and their mother constantly, some how it makes it not so fun. To avoid the backlash, I am simply suggesting opt in to the tourney qualifiers. Battle guilds that will fight back. The example I state just illustrates how big an impact it can have.

Or what if you get tourney credit only if the opponents fight back?

#30 activeh1

activeh1

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,340 posts
  • Azerbaijan

Posted 24 April 2017 - 23:23

cant say much  as i dont gvg and prob never will ,think the whole then is sort of floored,but thats just 1 persons opinion

but the idea u have is a good one

Edited by activeh1, 24 April 2017 - 23:52.

5aZzW0p.png,

#31 Brice

Brice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 25 April 2017 - 00:57

I love it +1 ..... i hope that this can kick start a change in the GvG system, I know it would be much tougher for a larger guild to defend a GvG, but on the flip side there would be disadvantages to the smaller guilds too. This definitely has potential...even if we could get something close to what your asking would and could be a massive improvement to the GvG aspect of the game.

Best of Luck Rye!!! I will be following this thread with great interest ;)

And for the players that are whining about being paid for GvG's...FIGHT FOR YOUR GUILD!!! DEFEND FOR YOUR GUILD!!! :D that should be more rewarding than a couple of purple dots!!!

That's my 2 cents

Edited by Brice, 25 April 2017 - 01:04.

#32 Emperor Sidd

Emperor Sidd

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 129 posts

Posted 25 April 2017 - 01:39

And for the players that are whining about being paid for GvG's...FIGHT FOR YOUR GUILD!!! DEFEND FOR YOUR GUILD!!! :D that should be more rewarding than a couple of purple dots!!!

That's my 2 cents

I don't see anyone whining but you must understand the game from a neutral point of view than your own if you wanna talk about game changes, only a small percentage of GVGers can say they would gvg without material reward. You must understand that for people who spend or have other ways to earn fsp, GVG is a hobby and they can truly fight for honor without worrying about the costs. For the rest, you must understand gvg is more of a full time role. The level 50s, 100s, 200s etc are not leveling and devoting their stam into GVG and without pay they will run out of funds to buy buffs. 

#33 Ryebred

Ryebred

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 422 posts

Posted 25 April 2017 - 02:50

Say what you will. If your guild is not into gvg and you are getting hammered by everyone and their mother constantly, some how it makes it not so fun. To avoid the backlash, I am simply suggesting opt in to the tourney qualifiers. Battle guilds that will fight back. The example I state just illustrates how big an impact it can have.
Or what if you get tourney credit only if the opponents fight back?

Guilds who are farmed generally invite it - want to stop farming? Then open a clinic on wasting the efforts of farmers. Be a people's hero per say, offer free buffs, even travel composing for the needy. Individuals who make effort to defend against incoming, even by tying will be remembered by farmers, and less likely be targeted in future. I consider ties a loss by aggressors, and don't think it should be rewarded as it is today.

I don't know how the rating system works, but am supportive of it being reworked so much less is gained against non quality opponents​. Ties deserve no rp, but they get some now. Flaws in current system like that encourage farming

#34 Emperor Sidd

Emperor Sidd

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 129 posts

Posted 25 April 2017 - 02:58

I don't know how the rating system works, but am supportive of it being reworked so much less is gained against non quality opponents​. Ties deserve no rp, but they get some now. Flaws in current system like that encourage farming

You're contradicting a bit there, the only reason for someone to login and bother fighting back a 50-0 conflict is that there is still something to gain aka rp. Again, not many care about rating as it may make you feel happy IF you can afford it but not really if you are out 5 fsp to draw a conflict and get nothing out of it. 

#35 Ryebred

Ryebred

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 422 posts

Posted 25 April 2017 - 03:06

RYE, you know i love yah but im going to possibly play devils Advocate here..or not.  first off, are there even 25 guilds who actively GVG? (you know LWS will always be up for this kind of adventure, and respect flows both ways with our two guilds)  i can understand how it is frustrating to have a win not gain any rating (different from RP for those wondering) at the level that RA is at...even for us, all the stam spent defending an incoming GVG, from a guild looking to make it into the top, is frustrating when we get ZERO rating for winning.

so, why dont we just ask HCS to have the gvg ladder reset every three months?  and i personally would LOVE to have more buff packages to be purchased with the RP.  Having a large guild in defense mode, buffing numerous players in each range is really tough.  having the buff packs could possibly drive any RP item up in price, since many guilds will use the packs, making more guilds gvg, if we could get the packs like you spoke of.  That would also take strain off using stam to buff mates, which could possibly bring some of the "larger family size guilds" back into GVG?  i will be keeping an eye on this and supporting you!  GVG is a fun aspect of the game.  ALSO, by looking at the GVG ladder, no one can really say that the "small guilds" have advantage. 
Of the top 3 guilds, only one is small while the other two have many in different ranges.

You put in some hard work and i think this thread is great!

Thanks LD :-)
I've advocated GvG system change for many years. I have solid experience from the perspective of both large, and small guilds. I have high hopes that the idea presented would attract guilds to partake, the number specifics are baseline but not too over the top for something brand new. Counting on new medal, and trophy potential to reel them in. After the new car smell wears off, if numbers dwindle, they can adjust them accordingly. RP buff packs that support the venue earning all the RP are one of those things I've wanted for years.

#36 Ryebred

Ryebred

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 422 posts

Posted 25 April 2017 - 03:15

You're contradicting a bit there, the only reason for someone to login and bother fighting back a 50-0 conflict is that there is still something to gain aka rp. Again, not many care about rating as it may make you feel happy IF you can afford it but not really if you are out 5 fsp to draw a conflict and get nothing out of it.

Contradictory if I were you. I've always fought back for tie. Taken in context with the quoted post's previous statement I clearly stated that the aggressor deserves nothing. RP award for tie on defense effort is appropriate. Don't worry man, if the new system gets implemented you'll still be able to farm the weak for your bread and butter.

#37 Melons

Melons

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 171 posts

Posted 25 April 2017 - 03:30

You're contradicting a bit there, the only reason for someone to login and bother fighting back a 50-0 conflict is that there is still something to gain aka rp. 

My guild tries to fight back every GvG, even 50-0, and we don't care about the RP.  Also, I know a few other guilds that do so also. 

The problem with the current system is that there are few incentives for people to participate. In Rye's post, he was talking about how the top guilds can get a temporary stam gain boost for winning. Now, I bet a lot of people would try to get that boost. 

#38 Emperor Sidd

Emperor Sidd

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 129 posts

Posted 25 April 2017 - 03:52

Contradictory if I were you. I've always fought back for tie. Taken in context with the quoted post's previous statement I clearly stated that the aggressor deserves nothing. RP award for tie on defense effort is appropriate. Don't worry man, if the new system gets implemented you'll still be able to farm the weak for your bread and butter.

Personal shots are not your forte, especially when you know nothing about me.

I said it was contradictory because you pretend to want people to get more active with GVG. The second paragraph that I quoted where you wrote " reworked so much less is gained against non quality opponents​. Ties deserve no rp " . So non quality opponent being the ones who don't fight back and nothing for the ones that do fight back. This may be fair by your rules but not the rules majority of GVGers play for aka fsp. 

Stop trying to push a personal agenda and make the game reward you for the way you want to play  If that was implemented into your system, you would barely have a 10 of the 25 opt in and the others opt out. This system will never get implemented unless you think of GVG as a part of the game and not try to make it so much like the ladder-esque and the problem with ladder as I will quote you is its " lifeless".  

Your logic:

>> Implement new system with your proposed rules

>> Give people less reason to play GVG ( accept it or not, most people gvg to make fsp and your ideas take it away)

>> Complain not enough activity in the part of game you are good at

Also I play GVG as a hobby but not to make FSP it covers my buff costs because who likes to lose money you know. I do indulge in other parts of the game and spend money for fsp which I use to entertain my self by winning.  Now you know something, take notes.

Edited by SiddXIV, 25 April 2017 - 03:52.

#39 Emperor Sidd

Emperor Sidd

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 129 posts

Posted 25 April 2017 - 03:57

My guild tries to fight back every GvG, even 50-0, and we don't care about the RP.  Also, I know a few other guilds that do so also. 

The problem with the current system is that there are few incentives for people to participate. In Rye's post, he was talking about how the top guilds can get a temporary stam gain boost for winning. Now, I bet a lot of people would try to get that boost. 

That is very commendable by me, Its just if this is a discussion thread about reforming the GVG system we cannot look at outliers to form a foundation but it certainly doesn't mean they will be ignored either.

Now the stam boost they get is if they win, do you think a rating reset today would change much, in a months time things will be back to the way they are today. I don't oppose the idea of reform but simply provide feedback to tweak it since winning required effort and stam or funds for someone elses stam. Can't do that with an empty pocket.

#40 Ryebred

Ryebred

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 422 posts

Posted 25 April 2017 - 04:08

Personal shots are not your forte, especially when you know nothing about me.

I said it was contradictory because you pretend to want people to get more active with GVG. The second paragraph that I quoted where you wrote " reworked so much less is gained against non quality opponents​. Ties deserve no rp " [/size]. So non quality opponent being the ones who don't fight back and nothing for the ones that do fight back. This may be fair by your rules but not the rules majority of GVGers play for aka fsp. 

Stop trying to push a personal agenda and make the game reward you for the way you want to play  If that was implemented into your system, you would barely have a 10 of the 25 opt in and the others opt out. This system will never get implemented unless you think of GVG as a part of the game and not try to make it so much like the ladder-esque and the problem with ladder as I will quote you is its " lifeless".  

Your logic:
>> Implement new system with your proposed rules
>> Give people less reason to play GVG ( accept it or not, most people gvg to make fsp and your ideas take it away)
>> Complain not enough activity in the part of game you are good at

Also I play GVG as a hobby but not to make FSP it covers my buff costs because who likes to lose money you know. I do indulge in other parts of the game and spend money for fsp which I use to entertain my self by winning.  Now you know something, take notes.

I don't pretend to desire more activity. The suggestion was to limit rating gains for non quality opponents, and I support this. What I suggested taking away was rp gained by an initiating guild who's attempt results in a tie. I am fine and supporting of a defending guild being rewarded rp for their efforts. Do you think rp is deserved by initiator when results are loss or tie?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: