62 replies to this topic

#21 RebornJedi

RebornJedi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 23 March 2018 - 16:54

the app won't update by itself and can't figure out how to myself.. I get the notification that i should update to new version through store but only have option to uninstall and open once there..

#22 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,280 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 23 March 2018 - 17:21

Thank you for the feedback, could you please tell us the steps take to use/equip the items and the results? Any error messages?

Cheers,

kami

I don't get any error messages, just nothing happens.  I will check again once I've added this to my tablet, to make sure it's not an issue with my phone.  I will keep you guys informed.

Just one old lady's opinion

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

Have you hugged your Quango lately?

#23 voragivis

voragivis

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

Posted 23 March 2018 - 17:45

tried to download the app from the store.installed .tried to open.says needs game client updated.pressing to update takes me back to play store.any help on this?

#24 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 23 March 2018 - 17:53

We should have v0.2.1 available on Android later today :)

#25 watagashi

watagashi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,977 posts

Posted 23 March 2018 - 22:31

Ok so first I used the crappy cheap burner I got so my kid and I can play games. I use my real droid at my job and they pay for it and asked I not play  on that one. Being that it is cheap and old I didnt have high expectations.
I did get a lolz at the google play page "this app is still under development and may be unstable"

First I had to make space,, and for some reason it wanted more than the 40mb It said because I had to free up almost 150

Then I got the eternal load page till I went to bed. Today I got it to load and began looking around, I used the movement button to walk around,,,, and got the eternal load page.

Hope to check it out more when you get that bug fixed. The device is a coolpad 3320a android version 5.1.1

OH and while I have you here Hoof,, the log on page brings up something I really would like to know about
"create new character"
At one time you had mentioned the thought kicking around of starting the game over on app and letting us have "another FS world" Any thoughts on if you have decided to do this or in any other way allowing a new character on the app or will we have to link the old?

#26 Jinan

Jinan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts

Posted 24 March 2018 - 09:41

😞😞

Attached Thumbnails

• Screenshot_2018-03-24-14-37-49-045_com.android.vending.png

Edited by Jinan, 24 March 2018 - 09:41.

#27 cucullainn

cucullainn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,464 posts

Posted 24 March 2018 - 19:30

I got this message in game

*** says: ... theres like, live action controls but for a 2d map, and theres nothing to be done yet except hunt without buffs if the app is all you have. [ Reply | Buff | Send | Trade ]

Does Not sound like anything I would be interested in.

Sad :(

Edited by cucullainn, 24 March 2018 - 19:31.

#28 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,280 posts

Posted 24 March 2018 - 23:25

I got this message in game

*** says: ... theres like, live action controls but for a 2d map, and theres nothing to be done yet except hunt without buffs if the app is all you have. [ Reply | Buff | Send | Trade ]

Does Not sound like anything I would be interested in.

Sad :(

*** should be informed that this is still a work in progress and it's made very clear that what's here is just to test what exists SO FAR.  I'm hoping the finished product is going to be much more than we see now, and that what we get makes having to muddle through the limitations of a mobile browser a thing of the past.

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

#29 watagashi

watagashi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,977 posts

Posted 25 March 2018 - 02:13

Yea this is a test not live,,, a good thing too because I removed and reinstalled and its still totally froze on log in page

#30 cucullainn

cucullainn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,464 posts

Posted 25 March 2018 - 04:16

*** should be informed that this is still a work in progress and it's made very clear that what's here is just to test what exists SO FAR. I'm hoping the finished product is going to be much more than we see now, and that what we get makes having to muddle through the limitations of a mobile browser a thing of the past.

he also went on to say in the next message

*** says: But, and lets be fair, it is still in beta. Hopefully the devs will think of something

Penny, for you. I hope they do

#31 Qloak

Qloak

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 25 March 2018 - 08:50

plese implement a quick repair button, I am sick of going back and forth to repair.

#32 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,280 posts

Posted 25 March 2018 - 20:36

Today I was able to try the app out for my DQ.  I was able to use potions from my BP and change some eq.  I like the Icons for the BP btw. I was pleased to see than AM in fact works this time around.  

As for playing the game, because of the way one has to move, it's not much more efficient than using a browser is as far as traveling long distances is concerned.  Maybe if we had an option to tap a spot on the map for long distances in addition to the direction buttons.  Other than that, the app is smoother than using Chrome on either phone or tablet, and I am quite pleased so far.

And as Qloak mention, a repair button is needed for sure. 

I did notice that in the top rated lists, there is no top 250 Monthly.  I'm wondering if this is an oversight or if that list is planned to be eliminated.

#SHORTRANT

Those that have objections and generic complaints about the app so far, might I suggest you use this thread as it was intended, to voice specific things you observe that need to be addressed, so that the final product can be more to your liking as well as mine.

Edited by BadPenny, 25 March 2018 - 20:49.

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

#33 duktayp

duktayp

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,393 posts

Posted 25 March 2018 - 21:46

Q: how many taps of the screen does it take to kill 5 creatures and "return to world"

as compared to the 6 button taps (1'2'3'4'5 repair) it currently takes on my PC

#34 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 25 March 2018 - 21:49

We've updated the countries it's available in so hopefully you should be able to try it out tomorrow :)

Yea this is a test not live,,, a good thing too because I removed and reinstalled and its still totally froze on log in page

Can you try quitting the app and running it again please?

plese implement a quick repair button, I am sick of going back and forth to repair.

Sure we could add a button on the map interface if you think that would be useful?

#35 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 25 March 2018 - 21:54

As for playing the game, because of the way one has to move, it's not much more efficient than using a browser is as far as traveling long distances is concerned.  Maybe if we had an option to tap a spot on the map for long distances in addition to the direction buttons.

Aye we're planning to make it so you can tap on a tile to move to it as well :)

I did notice that in the top rated lists, there is no top 250 Monthly.  I'm wondering if this is an oversight or if that list is planned to be eliminated.

If you select "Player Level" on the left then tap where it says "All Players" to the right you can see the top 100 players who joined in the same month as you.

#36 BigOStyle

BigOStyle

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 26 March 2018 - 01:23

I was just checking the Attributes page. The HP/Health and the Damage are showing the others stats in the app. (i.e. HP/Health should show 25 and Damage should show 1334 in App. they are displaying the opposite.)  I'm not sure I am explaining this correctly.

#37 kamicazer7

kamicazer7

Junior Game Programmer

• Hunted Cow Staff
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 26 March 2018 - 09:03

I was just checking the Attributes page. The HP/Health and the Damage are showing the others stats in the app. (i.e. HP/Health should show 25 and Damage should show 1334 in App. they are displaying the opposite.)  I'm not sure I am explaining this correctly.

Thank you for spotting that and letting us know, we fixed it and next build that shouldn't happen. Apologies :)

Cheers,

kami

#38 Qloak

Qloak

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 26 March 2018 - 17:04

Hoof I play mainly on the app, I enjoy it allot, I just want a repair button, as I have to repair every 5 minutes and log on page with the phone to repair, just a repair button like u have in the menu where u see temple and all that, something simple just for the sake of the app testing. 

thanks in adv!

#39 Qloak

Qloak

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 26 March 2018 - 17:28

Tower of syndorell is Buged for me, it's always black and I have to use teleport to get out.

#40 watagashi

watagashi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,977 posts

Posted 26 March 2018 - 22:43

Can you try quitting the app and running it again please?

Uninstall and reinstall did the trick at least till I needed to go on old mobile to do things not yet added fully (and hit my currrent pvp playtoy)
seems to work pretty cool so far, since its still in dev ill hold off on any minor issues that will be fixed before launch and let ya know of any major ones :)

Finally ill ask again since it may have got buried,, the new character button,,, whats the word on that call?? Will it be a "new world" or are we going to have to use the old account? The more I try it the more id love to see a "restart" on apps world. 

Edited by watagashi, 26 March 2018 - 22:43.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: