#1 ComradeLewis

ComradeLewis

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 611 posts
  • Badge

Posted 04 December 2013 - 07:52

I think more automation, or at least some streamlining is in order for both mining and farming. I agree that the system now is entertaining and challenging, however, requiring so many clicks of the mouse each time is extremely bad for a person's hand. Although I have my mouse set up to double click with a single click, I find it difficult to mine or farm for long without aching in the hand (I have a bit of arthritis).

What is wrong with going into a mine and selecting a node and allowing it to collect materials until your bag is full? If not, what is wrong with your character mining with 1 click until the node is gone? Why do we have to double click 5 times on each node before it disappears?

Of course, if you did allow afk mining, you should probably eliminate gathering experience, but even without it, it would be a great improvement.

Consider it a bit. Would there be any need for people to bot or macro a mine if you allowed them to gather while away? What is wrong with reading a book or studying for an exam while your character is farming? I have played many games that allowed that sort of thing, and they all were a better game for it. Furthermore, it would increase the number of players that would be willing to play the game. Busy people could enjoy the game too, and busy people tend to have more money to blow on leisure activities.

My primary reason for investing in this game was because I enjoy crafting gear. As someone that spends many hours at the computer working I appreciate games that allow me to play while not giving my complete attention to it. I would love to continue supporting the game, but I am afraid after only a week of crafting that my hand won't be able to take it much longer. I really don't want to move on to another game just because of this little issue.

It's just a suggestion, but I hope someone here would give it some thought. Thanks.

Edited by ComradeLewis, 04 December 2013 - 08:15.

11/29/13 - 4/29/14 | 4/25/15 - 5/25/15

#2 PoloDef

PoloDef

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 170 posts
  • Badge

Posted 04 December 2013 - 08:07

You could possibly use a auto clicker on the same ore vein. just set it to loop for hours, you should just mine non stop.However, this method is very bad, as its almost 3x faster to just click it by hand.

As for the botting option. Adding this will remove any challenge, the markets will be flooded with items that people are just AFK'ing non stop. No challenge there.

9586743_orig.png

1# Eldevin fan site made with the community for all players

#3 ComradeLewis

ComradeLewis

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 611 posts
  • Badge

Posted 04 December 2013 - 08:31

What do you mean by "challenge?" What's wrong with everyone having something to sell? They could always lower the drop rate for automated gathering.

I would consider a macro, however I believe that is against game policy and would get you a temp ban for using. I am not interested in breaking rules, I just want a way to play the game in a fair and pleasant manner.

#4 hussey

hussey

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 788 posts
  • Badge
  • India

Posted 04 December 2013 - 08:39

You cant skin using macros considering randomness of animals, so if u use macros for mining and get ur mining to max, the skinning guy feels that you are cheating :) Also there are "some" players who dont use automation and spend lot of time on gathering . They may seem fooled/cheated .

PLAYING     ONLY     FOR     PVP ! ! !

#5 Marre

Marre

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 183 posts
  • Badge

Posted 04 December 2013 - 08:44

if they did any of what you asking for i would be 1 of those who left this game even if its rly nice game i feel nothing about crafting or how is done should be changed.

It should be abit challenge and it is, and i actually like it when its like this.

#6 ComradeLewis

ComradeLewis

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 611 posts
  • Badge

Posted 04 December 2013 - 09:01

You cant skin using macros considering randomness of animals, so if u use macros for mining and get ur mining to max, the skinning guy feels that you are cheating

Lowering the drop rate for afk activities would fix that. There are ways to balance things without taking away from the difficulty.

How is clicking a lot a challenge? If the game still required you to be there 100% of the time and click just once on each node, wouldn't that be an improvement? 100% is 100% after all. Less clicking is simply less stress on both your hand and your mouse. If not fully automated, then why not streamlining? Scaring people away by not allowing afk activities is one thing, why do we need to scare away people with disabilities too?

We could make it more of a challenge if we made the nodes indistinguishable to people that are colorblind. I see no reason to do that, but some might like it.

#7 Akadria

Akadria

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 419 posts
  • Badge
  • Estonia

Posted 04 December 2013 - 09:20

I'm guessing gathering is meant to be a tedious and time-consuming activity, so only those that are dedicated to their profession will get anywhere. I'd also echo that botting is against the rules and also unfair to us that gather from moving targets (animals).

I agree that in general it's important to make things accessible for people with disabilities, but with things like games and hobbies it starts to get a little complicated. If I was in a wheelchair I wouldn't expect the gameplay of soccer to be adapted for me. Being able to click a lot is kind of a necessary ability for a computer game.

Busy people are better off playing casual games, like Farmville or whatever, or bought games where their entire time playing is full of action and which they can play or not play at any time, like Assassin's Creed and such. There's something out there for everyone.

siggy2_zps0bcfeb13.png

#8 Spirit

Spirit

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 879 posts
  • Badge
  • Canada

Posted 04 December 2013 - 15:54

I personally disagree for Farming because you don't want it to be a dis balance between afk and player interaction. Plus you could buy the items needed and turn into cloth and sell resulting in afkable farming exp.

There is also daily Farming quests you could do everyday, I believe the level 10 one offers 500 exp. I'd suggest doing those... and Prospecting and maybe work on other professions meanwhile... enjoy the game. :)

9izzGSr.png Feb. 27th 2015 - First level 45 :)

#9 RebornJedi

RebornJedi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 02:03

farming could do with some speeding up.. a second from raking, composting, dusting, and etc would be best.. some boost to it needs to happen especially with the amount of clicking involved for one crop

#10 ComradeLewis

ComradeLewis

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 611 posts
  • Badge

Posted 05 December 2013 - 04:27

I think when they changed the rates for the launch they threw the balance of the game off. The levels gained by questing for 3 hours requires about 18 hours of crafting in order to equip new gear for those levels. That's an extremely poor ratio of 1:6.

If they increased the crafting rates to somewhere around 1:2-1:4 at least it would not seem that you spend all of your time working, rather than playing. Yes, crafting is enjoyable, but not when it is the entire game. Then I would concede that they can leave gathering the way it is. Right now, crafting and gathering is far too solitary and takes up far too much time compared to actual game play.

Would any developer here want to log on a game that you can only join a team and quest 1 out of 6 days that you play it?

Edited by ComradeLewis, 05 December 2013 - 04:31.

#11 RebornJedi

RebornJedi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 04:34

crafting to gain levels shouldn't be a thing.. just the extra XP is a nice bonus.. if you want to craft for your level, then stop leveling and start grinding a craft(and it shouldn't be of the same first level crafting item). it's like that in most of the MMORPGs i've played

the fact that leveling a craft doesn't put into scope the amount/type of materials needed when rewarding crafting XP is, ridiculous.. you promote crafting of the same items over and over due to the lack of balance

Edited by RebornJedi, 05 December 2013 - 04:35.

#12 ComradeLewis

ComradeLewis

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 611 posts
  • Badge

Posted 05 December 2013 - 04:42

I completely agree with that. Crafting a level 2 boot to get 44 exp that only requires 3 material, and crafting a level 10 boot that gives 70 exp that requires 12 material, there is no comparison that I would rather make 4 level 2 boots and gain more than twice the exp.

The problem with that is you end up with a bag full of junk that no one in game wants, and leveling is extremely slow. If the level 10 boots that take 12 material gave you 200+ exp then we would produce items that were sellable to the community, instead of a bag full of junk to NPC. Do we not want an economy here? I thought societies (and games) thrive on economy.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: