#1 Saxon

Saxon

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 686 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 08:39

Hi,

I am not sure if this has been discussed before as I don't visit the forums much.

Is there a need for 3 x servers to split the player base up when players are online?

Is this for cloudflair?

Would it be possible to have a single server so when players are online it is more populated?

#2 Zshmaendal

Zshmaendal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 286 posts
  • Badge
  • United States of America

Posted 23 March 2014 - 08:59

Yeah - I know what you mean.

As a brief aside I spoke to a guy in Oceanic the other day who didn't realize there were other servers and thought this game was totally dead. It might be worth pointing the server thing out somewhere so that players who start in a fairly empty server realize what is going on.

Guild Founder of The Golden Horde

Zshmaendal - Level 45 Prophet | Superfluous - Level 35 Warrior | Ulysses - Level 13 Ranger

Louis - Level 8 Warrior | Ephemeral - Level 12 Assassin | Connotation - Level 8 Mage

Crystal Cutting - 9 | Fishing - 10 | Forestry - 10 | Skinning - 8 | Farming - 19 | Foraging - 28 | Prospecting - 16

Alchemy - 36 | Cooking - 11 | Leatherworking - 4 | Weaponsmithing - 5 | Armorsmithing - 7 | Jewelry - 6 | Tailoring - 16

#3 Susej

Susej

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,092 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 09:05

Sometimes i like to go to oceanic because its empty ... But yes that would make it appear to have more ppl.

OCD POT BREWER HOUSE

Need level 32 pots order here

Need level 40 pots order here

Need Draft pots order here

Need Elixir pots order here

#4 Crusader

Crusader

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 321 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 23 March 2014 - 11:26

Yeah - I know what you mean.

As a brief aside I spoke to a guy in Oceanic the other day who didn't realize there were other servers and thought this game was totally dead. It might be worth pointing the server thing out somewhere so that players who start in a fairly empty server realize what is going on.

That's pretty hilarious. He must have been pretty shocked when he realized the other servers had 80-100+ people online xD 

Characters:

Crusader - Assassin [Level 45] | Dusk - Mage [Level 1] | Hex - Ranger [Level 6]

Gathering Professions: 

Crystal Cutting: 13 | Farming: 10 | Fishing: 10 | Foraging: 41 | Forestry: 19 | Prospecting: 40 | Skinning: 11

Crafting Professions:

Alchemy: 45 | Armoursmithing: 9 | Cooking: 11 | Jewelry: 6 | Leatherworking: 6 | Tailoring: 5 | Weaponsmithing: 2

#5 ChelseaBrick

ChelseaBrick

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 708 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 13:25

They tried reducing it down to one server a few months ago and people were upset.

I personally like switching to the other servers when the US server gets a little...crazy.  I like the quietness of the other two and the lower population makes grinding and working on skills much easier.  It's very frustrating for someone to steal your spawn and have to find something else to do in the meantime.  With multiple servers, that isn't an issue. 

8TLwd.jpg

#6 Melody

Melody

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 185 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 14:49

With only one server things would get too crazy. Like Chelsea said, it's nice to be able to hop to a different server when working on skills that other people are also working on. 

Gathering

Crystal Cutting 49 | Farming 49 | Fishing 49 | Foraging 49 | Forestry 49 | Prospecting 49 | Skinning 49

Crafting

Alchemy 49 | Armormithing 49 | Cooking 49 | Jewlery 49 | Leatherworking 49 | Tailoring 49 | Weaponsmithing 49

#7 Ant

Ant

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 902 posts
  • Badge

Posted 23 March 2014 - 16:38

I agree that the place can look at bit dead at times. I have to agree with the others though,I like to float about the 3 servers depending what side of the bed I woke up on or what i'm doing.

Hopefully HCS start advertising soon and we won't have to worry about there being 3 servers.

Edited by Ant, 23 March 2014 - 16:38.

If buff or wave to you in passing, it means hello!
@AntEldevin
##ETradin Buy & Sell Chat

http://webchat.freenode.net

zLz5Qbo.gif

WTB Founder Torch PM me

#8 Rolantis

Rolantis

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 25 March 2014 - 14:09

Glad I stumbled upon this topic was close to making one of my own. First, I feel the game would be much better off with one server. Since it would show a better population of the game. My opinion that when the game gets more popular the servers going to be even more unstable. So I think having one server the HCS staff can key in on the lag issues and other things that causes the servers to act up. Though this can also be a bad thing cause it would call for a lot of downtime.

Edited by Rolantis, 25 March 2014 - 14:16.

#9 Zshmaendal

Zshmaendal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 286 posts
  • Badge

Posted 25 March 2014 - 14:42

Perhaps all new players should start on the US server? The only reason I say this is because I'd hate for an Oceanic player to quit playing, erroneously believing that only 10 people play this game.

Guild Founder of The Golden Horde

Zshmaendal - Level 45 Prophet | Superfluous - Level 35 Warrior | Ulysses - Level 13 Ranger

Louis - Level 8 Warrior | Ephemeral - Level 12 Assassin | Connotation - Level 8 Mage

Crystal Cutting - 9 | Fishing - 10 | Forestry - 10 | Skinning - 8 | Farming - 19 | Foraging - 28 | Prospecting - 16

Alchemy - 36 | Cooking - 11 | Leatherworking - 4 | Weaponsmithing - 5 | Armorsmithing - 7 | Jewelry - 6 | Tailoring - 16

#10 D4VYJONES

D4VYJONES

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 389 posts
  • Badge

Posted 28 March 2014 - 17:10

I don't know if this is possible but maybe we can add a global chat that is similar to world chat. It tie 3 servers together and to use it you have to pay money per message.

#11 Undjuvion

Undjuvion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,623 posts
  • Australia

Posted 28 March 2014 - 17:21

im aussie so oceanic is where i started, 95 to 98% of the time it doesnt feel like a multiplayer game, its kinda serene which is good but it does feel cold and empty a lot, its like a crazy moment when someone runs by and its like hey who is that guy!!! there is life!!! :P

with stuff being taken from you i dont think 200+ per server would be good, i already thought that when i started that a few more fishing spots in othalo would be needed if a few more wanted to fish at the same time, unless they increase spawn rates depending on activity, my few :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: