Photo

Composing - In Detail (Revision 1.2)

• Please log in to reply
328 replies to this topic

Poll: Composing Poll (458 member(s) have cast votes)

Do you think we should go ahead and add revision 1.2 of Composing should be added to the game?

1. Yes (392 votes [85.59%])

Percentage of vote: 85.59%

2. No (66 votes [14.41%])

Percentage of vote: 14.41%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 03 June 2013 - 09:12

We've been listening to your feedback and the key changes in this revision are:

1) Swapped Crystalline and Super Elite rarities
2) Adjusted Fragment gain from items
3) Fixed an issue with my calculation for Hoof’s Basic Potion
4) Re-added Composing XP / Level
5) Distil will work with Composed potions.

Here is how the idea is looking now...

Fragments

Items can be broken down and give a fragments based on the rarity. For example if you break down a Rare item, you will receive a 'Rare Fragment'. If you break down a Unique item, you will receive a 'Unique Fragment'.

The following Fragment types would be available:

Common, Rare, Unique, Legendary, Crystalline, Super Elite

Items which have a Hellforge applied to them would give +1 additional Fragment per Hellforge level applied.

The level of the item determines the amount of Fragments you obtain from it. The amount of Fragments you gain from an item is worked out as follows:

Fragments = RoundUp(SquareRoot(ItemLevel / 100))

Here are some item examples:

Level 50 Common Item = 1 Common Fragment
Level 200 Unique Item = 2 Unique Fragments
Level 450 Rare Item = 3 Rare Fragments
Level 1000 Legendary Item = 4 Legendary Fragments
Level 1650 Rare Item = 5 Rare Fragments

(Thank you kalish for this suggestion!)

Fragments won’t require backpack space - they will just be listed on the Composing page.

All potions created would be guild bound / bound. You specify if the potion is for yourself (ie. bound) or for use by another member of your guild (if applicable) when you create it.

Create Potion Steps

Select skill(s)
Select level for skills.
Select duration.
Shows time taken / gold cost / fragment cost

The level of the skill, amount of skills and duration of the potion all affect the amount of Fragments and gold required to create the potion.

For each skill added the Fragment cost is as follows:

0.05 Common Fragments per skill level
0.05 Rare Fragments per skill level above 50
0.05 Unique Fragments per skill level above 125
0.02 Legendary Fragments per skill level above 175
0.02 Crystalline Fragments per skill level above 250
0.02 Super Elite Fragments per skill level above 300

Gold Cost = Total Skill Levels * Duration

The amount of Fragments per skill is rounded up.

Hoof’s Basic Potion [30m]
Conserve 50
Librarian 180

This potion would require:
3 + 9 = 12 Common Fragments
1 + 7 = 8 Rare Fragments
0 + 3 = 3 Unique Fragments
0 + 1 = 1 Legendary Fragments

The base duration of the potion would be 30 minutes. Each additional 30 minutes duration (max 300 minutes) would require the same amount of Fragments again.

Gold Cost = 230 * 30 = 6,900 gold

Hoof’s Smasher Potion [60m]
Smashing Hammer 250
Stalker 250

This potions would require:
13 + 13 = 26 (*2 for duration) = 52 Common Fragments
10 + 10 = 20 * 2 = 40 Rare Fragments
7 + 7 = 14 * 2 = 28 Unique Fragments
2 + 2 = 4 * 2 = 8 Legendary Fragments

Gold Cost = 500 * 60 = 30,000 gold

Hoof’s Ultimate Potion [120m]
Librarian 200
Adept Learner 200
Coordinated Attack 250
Animal Magnetism 250
Light Foot 350

This potions would require:
10 + 10 + 13 + 13 + 18 = 64 * 4 (because of the duration) = 256 Common Fragments
8 + 8 + 10 + 10 + 15 = 51 * 4 = 204 Rare Fragments
4 + 4 + 7 + 7 + 12 = 34 * 4 =  136 Unique Fragments
1 + 1 + 2 + 2 + 4 = 10 * 4 = 40 Legendary Fragments
0 + 0 + 0 + 0 + 1 = 1 * 4 = 8 Crystalline Fragments

0 + 0 + 0 + 0 + 2 = 2 * 4 = 4 Super Elite Fragments

Gold Cost = 1250 * 120 = 150,000 gold

Potions take time to create (see below), however they can be created instantly by paying the gold cost again.

Composing XP / Level

You initially start at Composing Level 1 and gain Composing XP for each potion created. The maximum Composing Level is 10. At Composing Level 1, you can create a potion with a duration of 30 minutes with each additional Composing Level allowing an additional 30 minutes.

The time to create potions will also decrease as your Composing Level increases. Initially it will take 3 hours to create a potion (you can still get them instantly by using gold however), and this will decrease by 12 minutes for each Composing Level.

(Thanks Evilbry for this suggestion!)

Available Skills (with max possible level)

Doubler [max 1000]
Light Foot [max 500]
Conserve [max 200]
Adept Learner [max 200]
Librarian [max 250]
Sacrifice [max 250]
Global Booster [max 200]
Animal Magnetism [max 300]
Keen Edge [max 200]
Anti Deflect [max 200]
Smashing Hammer [max 250]
Entrench [max 200]
Coordinated Attack [max 250]
Coordinated Defense [max 250]
Stalker [max 250]
Shield Wall [max 250]
Terrorize [max 250]
Gloat [max 250]
Honor [max 250]
Flinch [max 250]
Constitution [max 300]
Sanctuary [max 300]
Terrorize [max 250]
Armor Boost [Max 250]
Mighty Vigor [Max 250]
Severe Condition [Max 200]
Ageless [Max 250]
+ Some new ‘Composing’ only skills

Note we can review the max levels in the future - these should give a good starting point however 

Notes:
1) Reckoning, Spell Breaker and Spell Leech would not work with them.
2) Brewing Master and Distil will work with these potions.
3) We’ll add a medal for ‘x’ potions composed.
4) You need to be character level 50+ to Compose items.
5) You’ll be able to queue up to 5 potions to be created (note the ability to queue potions will be unlocked with gold)
6) Only equippable items can be broken down.
7) Some buffs which go to high levels such as Doubler will have a scalar applied so the Fragments required are kept reasonable.

Again, big thanks to Evilbry and Pardoux for taking time to discuss the idea with me over Skype and many thanks to everyone who has given feedback on the forum to help Composing become an awesome addition to the game :)

We’ll leave the poll up for a few days, however it this revision gains over 80% in the poll, we’ll go ahead and implement it in the game. Note we may make minor tweaks based on any feedback however.

~ The Fallen Sword Team

#2 tharzill

tharzill

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 728 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 09:20

Looks like a nice compromise between what was suggested last time and the input from the discussions! Nice work hoof!  :)

#3 Mongo

Mongo

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,879 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 03 June 2013 - 09:22

I vote yes... Maybe stop items from shops being broken into fragments? Otherwise we could just go buy a zillion common items from the low level shops  :)

Visit my shop! Mongo's Emporium for emotes, pets, vanity and more!

#4 koenvdv

koenvdv

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,327 posts
  • Badge
  • Belgium

Posted 03 June 2013 - 09:24

No still to easy ... increase the influence of composing level (limit buffs, max buffs in pot and buffs level depending on composing level)  and add the possibility to pay more to make it in less time (made a possible equation for this in previous revision).

#5 spyders

spyders

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 304 posts
  • Badge
  • Italy

Posted 03 June 2013 - 09:28

we need to try it first ...

#6 tharzill

tharzill

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 728 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 09:28

Why does this need to be complicated? It's meant to be a way to sink unused items and for something to do while waiting for stam. I see no need in making it overly complicated. Just my two cents. 

#7 thering66

thering66

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 258 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 09:30

dear fellow players, please read carefully what hoof posted before casting your votes

#8 Crosspatch

Crosspatch

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 09:31

Well worth an extended tryout.

#9 koenvdv

koenvdv

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,327 posts
  • Badge
  • Belgium

Posted 03 June 2013 - 09:31

Why does this need to be complicated? It's meant to be a way to sink unused items and for something to do while waiting for stam. I see no need in making it overly complicated. Just my two cents. 

It is not overly complicated. Example: similar system is used in meny MMORPG. They add a level and this level influences the stuff u can make, how long it takes, ... people don't seem to have trouble with that.

In the end u don't see the equations you'll only see a list when u can make what buff and the time it will take when u choose this buff. Price/time equation is to create some gold sink for people who want to level fast and spend much for it. (possibility a slide bar that shows -% time and +% cost)

#10 spyders

spyders

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 304 posts
  • Badge
  • Italy

Posted 03 June 2013 - 09:35

why no titan fragments?

#11 Grimwald

Grimwald

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 270 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 09:35

I voted against as I disagree with the fact that an L50 player can make L1600 potions. Whats the point in levelling up, when somebody with a low level can make the same potions as I can make, for the same cost?

#12 tharzill

tharzill

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 728 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 09:44

What if the lvl of the potion you could make was based on your composing lvl? Starting lvl 1 could make pots equal to the players lvl. Level 2 would increase the level of potions by xx% and so on until at lvl 10 you could make any of the potions? 

#13 koenvdv

koenvdv

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,327 posts
  • Badge
  • Belgium

Posted 03 June 2013 - 09:45

Basicly how the composing is now, there is no need for leveling in composing since you would make what you want emediatly and no need to train the skill ... who cares that it takes 3h ... you do not even hunt each 3h.

#14 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

why no titan fragments?

They may (or may not) come in the future but were discounted in the initial release.

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#15 merlin57

merlin57

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Is there anything to stop guild tagged items from being broken down? If not, this could become a nightmare. I can visualize thieves joining a guild and stripping it of very valuable gear.

I will reserve vote until this is answered

#16 spyders

spyders

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 304 posts
  • Badge
  • Italy

Posted 03 June 2013 - 09:46

lagg again lagg ,damn

#17 thering66

thering66

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 258 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 09:50

I voted against as I disagree with the fact that an L50 player can make L1600 potions. Whats the point in levelling up, when somebody with a low level can make the same potions as I can make, for the same cost?

I have to argue with this one. a lvl50 can already gain a lvl 1600 provided that he/she has enough money for it and someone is selling. same as here, a L50 can create a L1600 provided that they have enough resources, I doubt a level 50 can gain enough resources to make one though.

Hoof's Ultimate Potion for example, even though i'm lvl 850 i don't think i can make that potion(i'm poor and broke) but level50 can make these potions provided he has enough money to buy the materials(which based on his level, would be pretty much be an impossibility unless he has other mean such as donation).

#18 robinbanks

robinbanks

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 09:52

i would really like to see the gold cost increased..

such an opportunity

to be a gold sink..

why waste it.

#19 KitiaraLi

KitiaraLi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,242 posts
  • Denmark

Posted 03 June 2013 - 09:53

I am voting no for the exact same reason.

No one can deny that we changed this game and influenced it in such a way that NO ONE could compete with us.. so much so that they changed the rules. ~Abhorrence, chosen founder of Cerulean Sins

#20 yghorbeviahn

yghorbeviahn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 09:54

Anyway to make a test period?

With full fragmets for everyone, without item breaking opition, but without potion usage?

Don't need to be on the game itself, can be made on a separate site, just for everyone try out their on doubts.

Will have more LE events? If not, i can't see that going so far, after the actual unused itens go out for fragments, Composing will stop. I think some LEs (range 10, 250, 800, 1200 maybe) can spawn like SEs, just to keep the item flow, it's the only wayout to try this, without LEs enough the Composing will die in 1-2 months.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: