This is another major release. It is the beginning of a process of modernising
the code-base for improved performance in modern browsers and better
maintainability for developers. The process is on-going but I felt that the
performance improvements I have seen so far were worth a release in their own
right.

I am aware that some of you are loosing your settings from time to time, or
settings are not being saved from one session to another. As we rely on local
storage at the moment you should check that this storage is accessible to FSH
and that it isn't full up. Press ctrl-shift-J to look for error messages.
Quick extract now also shows fragment stashes.

==Revision 1500 (PointyHair)==
  # (major) FS: Linting 1 + small bug fixes
  # (major) FS: Linting 2 - Remove prototype extensions
  # (major) FS: Start removing GM_ functions
  # (major) FS: Linting 3 - Consistent quotes
  # (major) FS: Refactor system defaults startup routines for performance
  # (major) FS: Update Save Prefs routine
  # (minor) FS: Refactor ParseRelicData
  # (minor) FS: Bug Fixes
  # (minor) FS: Remove more startup functions. Handle TM better.
  # (minor) FS: Remove old functions

==Revision 1502 (PointyHair)==
  # (minor) FS: Restore InvMgr Counter
  # (minor) FS: Fix format of default templeAlertLastUpdate

Edited by PointyHair, 22 July 2015 - 00:16.

#2 rowbeth

rowbeth

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,108 posts

Posted 18 July 2015 - 07:22

Many thanks for the continued updates - they are much appreciated.

Is it possible that this last one has interfered with the inventory manager counter? I can still access the quick wear/use/extract manager using the keyboard shortcut "v", but having upgraded to 1500 last night, the counter tab is now completely blank.

#3 PointyHair

PointyHair

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 322 posts

Posted 18 July 2015 - 13:56

Yes that's entirely possible, I had to disable that functionality.

What do you use it for?

#4 rowbeth

rowbeth

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,108 posts

Posted 18 July 2015 - 15:27

Mainly for keeping track of my potions, and working out when to start looking for good deals for restocking.

Having said that, I've also now noticed that the inventory manager also gives a blank screen, and the FSH settings tab on the character/preference page has disappeared. I've currently rolled back to 1495 to regain those functions (I didn't spot where to find 1499 on github, so just went back to the google version for now).

If it is relevant, I'm using firefox (39.0) on a macbook retina with OSX10.10.4, and greasemonkey 3.2

Edited by rowbeth, 18 July 2015 - 15:27.

#5 PointyHair

PointyHair

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 322 posts

Posted 18 July 2015 - 21:03

Can't help you with inventory manager. I have a Mac on order so hopefully I can look at that soon.

This is the link to 1499:

https://github.com/f...dhelper.user.js

Edited by PointyHair, 22 July 2015 - 00:17.

#6 yghorbeviahn

yghorbeviahn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 19 July 2015 - 21:25

Just a heads up.

On Firefox (without FSH) I see Composing correctly, but when I go to Chrome (With FSH) I got this:

http://postimg.org/image/9qy3c9a7b/

Can you see the 'NaN' and 'NaNh NaNm' on the image?

#7 rowbeth

rowbeth

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,108 posts

Posted 19 July 2015 - 22:58

Can't help you with inventory manager. I have a Mac on order so hopefully I can look at that soon.

This is the link to 1499:

And here's a fixed version:

Actually, you have helped with the inventory manager. With 1501 you have fixed all three of the things I mentioned above: inventory manage; FSH settings tab; and inventory manager counter.

Once again, many many thanks for your work on FSH

#8 PointyHair

PointyHair

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 322 posts

Posted 20 July 2015 - 23:51

Just a heads up.

On Firefox (without FSH) I see Composing correctly, but when I go to Chrome (With FSH) I got this:

http://postimg.org/image/9qy3c9a7b/

Can you see the 'NaN' and 'NaNh NaNm' on the image?

This is quite an old bug, can you check which version of FSH you have running please?

#9 yghorbeviahn

yghorbeviahn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 21 July 2015 - 04:22

Yeah, I was thinking I had the last version, but since since I formated my notebook I had not checked properly, now I updated to the last version and it's all good :)

#10 stimpysam

stimpysam

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 120 posts
  • Badge

Posted 21 July 2015 - 21:37

I'm now experiencing the same problems rowbeth had three days ago. Plus a couple of other ones. The inventory manager gives a blank screen and the FSH settings tab on the character/preference page has vanished so I'm unable to customise any FSH preferences. The guild log is blank, as is the quick links page which I used a lot for many shortcuts. Also, I don't have the colour or info showing anymore next to offline/inactive guild mates.

This has happened today after the FS Game Update 2.8. I have updated Firefox browser to the latest version 39.0 and reinstalled both Greasemonkey 3.2 and FSH 1501 (using the link in the above post). I've cleared cache a couple of times now and used ccleaner but I'm still having the same problems.

Update an hour+ later: I hav reluctantly reinstalled Firefox browser, plus Greasemonkey and FSH (all latest versions). Unfortunately the FSH settings tab is still not there for me to customise any settings and the other issues are still present.

#11 Ringhal

Ringhal

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 344 posts

Posted 21 July 2015 - 22:13

The latest version of FSH has many broken functions as listed above. I've installed v1499 until all the issues are fixed.

#12 PointyHair

PointyHair

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 322 posts

Posted 21 July 2015 - 22:21

My bad, missed a minor startup bug that caused a major failure.

It would have only effected you if you had cleared your settings/reinstalled, something like that.

Edited by PointyHair, 22 July 2015 - 00:16.

#13 ironlegs

ironlegs

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 212 posts

Posted 22 July 2015 - 06:39

I noticed after this last update besides the fshelper not working correctly ,the composing page has lost the instant composing

option causing me to click each potion to compose rather than pre asigning each template and compose all ,Just a bit annoying when trying to speed up composing a little.

OK i just updated FSHelper to 1502 and it has been fixed "Create all" button is back :rolleyes:

Edited by ironlegs, 22 July 2015 - 06:48.

#14 stimpysam

stimpysam

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 120 posts
  • Badge

Posted 22 July 2015 - 13:42

Update: I did get the FSH functionality to work by installing a previous version of it, namely 1495. I knew this would not be a permanent solution. This afternoon, as recommended by PointyHair, I have successfully installed the latest FSH version 1502 and everything works fabulously! :)

A big thank you to PointyHair for solving this so speedily.

#15 raist007

raist007

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 22 July 2015 - 22:21

I have tried adding fshelper straight to chrome (via tampermonkey at first, now directly with the manifest and .js files).  I tried uninstalling the user.js file and still get a blank page with guild log and inventory mgr as well as no settings tab for fshelper.  Would really like to be able to use these functions again.  How do I access version 1502 as mentioned above?  And will that version restore these functions?  

Thank you so much!

#16 PointyHair

PointyHair

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 322 posts

Posted 23 July 2015 - 06:58

I have tried adding fshelper straight to chrome (via tampermonkey at first, now directly with the manifest and .js files).  I tried uninstalling the user.js file and still get a blank page with guild log and inventory mgr as well as no settings tab for fshelper.  Would really like to be able to use these functions again.  How do I access version 1502 as mentioned above?  And will that version restore these functions?  

Thank you so much!

You can use the usual link, 1502 is a full release.

#17 raist007

raist007

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 23 July 2015 - 11:50

Many, many thanks good sir!!!!  :D

#18 DorkLord

DorkLord

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 24 July 2015 - 12:41

Hi, and thanks for your continued work on this! I'm having an issue with the combat evaluator. It always shows a massive excess of damage. Screenshot attached. My current character damage is around 6000.

Edit: It doesn't like my screenshot. Evaluator says I have 33000 extra damage, yet I can't 1-hit the creature. Can email it to you if you like.

Edited by DorkLord, 24 July 2015 - 12:52.

#19 PointyHair

PointyHair

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 322 posts

Posted 02 August 2015 - 20:59

Hi, and thanks for your continued work on this! I'm having an issue with the combat evaluator. It always shows a massive excess of damage. Screenshot attached. My current character damage is around 6000.

Edit: It doesn't like my screenshot. Evaluator says I have 33000 extra damage, yet I can't 1-hit the creature. Can email it to you if you like.

Yes well spotted. I knew it was in there somewhere! Is fixed for the next release :)

"# Hits to kill it?" is still correct.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: