12 replies to this topic

#1 sweetlou

sweetlou

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,958 posts

Posted 05 January 2017 - 17:06

Bounty Hunting ticket flash sales need to be available to be purchased for gold as well as the standard FSP purchase method. Otherwise the deal is pretty weak compared to other flash sales. Unlike current stam or max stam flash sales being sold for gold there is no daily limit to the number of tickets available to be purchased for gold. Can Hoof work this into the next update please?

[Signature removed]

“When you tear out a man's tongue, you are not proving him a liar, you're only telling the world that you fear what he might say.” -GRRM

#2 Leos3000

Leos3000

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,034 posts

Posted 05 January 2017 - 19:21

No other flash sale is for gold...

Complain that there hasn't been a bounty ticket flash sale in a while and then complain when there is 1...

If you want to use gold for the flash sale sell it on the marketplace

#3 sweetlou

sweetlou

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,958 posts

Posted 05 January 2017 - 21:15

No other flash sale item sells for an unlimited amount in gold without a sale. Your post, the lack of flash sales(even having to ask), and the lousy deal compared to the rest only illustrates the further inequitable bias shown players who enjoy the BB.

[Signature removed]

“When you tear out a man's tongue, you are not proving him a liar, you're only telling the world that you fear what he might say.” -GRRM

#4 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 05 January 2017 - 21:23

No other flash sale item sells for an unlimited amount in gold without a sale. Your post, the lack of flash sales(even having to ask), and the lousy deal compared to the rest only illustrates the further inequitable bias shown players who enjoy the BB.

Lousy deal ?? - I'm trying to think of another flash sale that offers 50% more than usual for the same outlay and coming up blank ?

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#5 sweetlou

sweetlou

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,958 posts

Posted 05 January 2017 - 22:37

You must have missed the original 2:1 max stam flash sale...

[Signature removed]

#6 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 05 January 2017 - 22:46

Guess I did, but one example of a better one doesn't make this a "lousy" one ;)

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#7 sweetlou

sweetlou

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,958 posts

Posted 05 January 2017 - 23:01

Guess I did, but one example of a better one doesn't make this a "lousy" one ;)

Then how do you compare, by how you feel?

[Signature removed]

#8 TxLxS

TxLxS

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 169 posts

Posted 05 January 2017 - 23:55

I think it's good you get 150 vs 100 means You can do 150 more bountys instead of 100 just a little bit of simple math the max Stam one is 15 for 2 instead of 10 for 2 which is also good there both plus half of original ;)

#9 Egami

Egami

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,863 posts

Posted 06 January 2017 - 00:21

I actually think the BB tickets is a great flash sale. I rarely spend on the FSP ones. On this one I did.

My thinking was (a bit skewed of course) is that the 150 tickets vs the regular 100 makes it a 1 FSP equivalent to 300k gold.

Yeah, ridiculous assumption is 1 FSP = 200k gold, but anyway.

So my thoughts are:

1) This doesn't really need to be made a better deal.

but...

2) Luis brings up an interesting point that I too immediately looked at when the flash sale came up.

This particular flash sale option also has unlimited gold buys and that was not adjusted.

While I do, to a degree think it's logical to apply the same update to the gold option, the very abnormal nature of the unlimited gold upgrade does not really apply to an "FSP" flash sale.

Conclusion:

Personally, I'd like to see the Flash Sale mathematically updated on the gold portion as well. Mostly I'm for this as I'm big on gold sinks. I think that would be favorable to the game population.

That said, as an anomaly to general FSP upgrades, I could see why it wouldn't be. For me, gold purchase of tickets was a great idea for that portion of the game. However, it's not applied elsewhere. 

#10 Calista

Calista

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 871 posts

Posted 06 January 2017 - 05:20

Of course, I just bought a ton last night, before the flash sale!  *grumble grumble*

#11 Mister Doom

Mister Doom

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,518 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 06 January 2017 - 05:59

Which will never again happen since the discount was too high. (Is why the max stam flash sale is now only a 50% bonus)

Unless you also want a one-off absurdly high discount offer for the bounty tickets??

You know, to show that they aren't biased...

Honestly Sweetlou, some of your pro-pvp rants are starting to get a little silly now.

EnhancedShardoom1-1.gif

#12 sweetlou

sweetlou

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,958 posts

Posted 06 January 2017 - 14:36

Honestly Sweetlou, some of your pro-pvp rants are starting to get a little silly now.

What does it hurt to ask for some parity? What's pathetic is your opposition is based on hate. You can't come up with an argument WHY it shouldn't happen. Let's let Hoof make the call and I'll respect his decision. No need to make it personal.

[Signature removed]

#13 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,814 posts
  • Badge

Posted 06 January 2017 - 14:46

Hi there.

As of this time, we have no intention of having Gold Flash Sales. The FSP Flash Sales is a very good deal. 

~ Grim

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: