Photo

PVPER OR POSERS

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

Poll: PVPER OR POSERS (34 member(s) have cast votes)

PVPER OR POSERS

1. Voted PVPER (16 votes [47.06%])

Percentage of vote: 47.06%

2. Voted POSER (18 votes [52.94%])

Percentage of vote: 52.94%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 datman67

datman67

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts

Posted 14 January 2012 - 14:11

First let me say that most of you that pvp do not fall into this category as you pvp great. There is however a certain bunch that have forgot that the acronym stands for Player versus Player and when they go and hit a player for 5 million damage and get hit by a single player on the board for 5 million back. They turn to their friends and mass that player with 5 players. Massing should make a true pvp player want to hurl as is a tactic used by high powered leveling groups to get a pvp group to stop bothering their players. This has been a constant performance for this same group. So I am putting it out to you pvpers to vote and tell me if you feel like they are a true pvpers or are they just posers and should go and take pvp 101 from sandra1988 and the Team as they follow the code.

#2 Maehdros

Maehdros

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,330 posts
  • Canada

Posted 14 January 2012 - 14:19

What do you mean by massing? I pressume you mean deleveling someone 5 levels? And how much are these PvP 101 lessons? Is there a money back guarantee if i am not completely 100% satisfied? ;)

#3 datman67

datman67

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts

Posted 14 January 2012 - 14:43

Don't know about her money back policy, but maybe will get a great back massage from her. Doh! am sure she will hit me for that one lol

#4 sweetlou

sweetlou

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,958 posts

Posted 14 January 2012 - 21:01

First let me say that most of you that pvp do not fall into this category as you pvp great.

Posted Image
Pull your tongue outta my...

There is however a certain bunch that have forgot that the acronym stands for Player versus Player and when they go and hit a player for 5 million damage and get hit by a single player on the board for 5 million back. They turn to their friends and mass that player with 5 players. Massing should make a true pvp player want to hurl as is a tactic used by high powered leveling groups to get a pvp group to stop bothering their players. This has been a constant performance for this same group. So I am putting it out to you pvpers to vote and tell me if you feel like they are a true pvpers or are they just posers and should go and take pvp 101 from sandra1988 and the Team as they follow the code.

Just wondering what has got your panties in a bunch so that you had to post this rant here in a nearly dead forum?

You think many players taking 5 levels or more from a player on the BB is a cheap tactic in PvP? Then ask for a change to the way the BB works. At least have the guts to put this type of thread where it can be properly scrutinized by the whole community for what it is, whining. Newton, Sir Isaac: To every action there is always an equal and opposite reaction. Run back under your rock until you can control what others in your guild do and accept those consequences.

[Signature removed]

“When you tear out a man's tongue, you are not proving him a liar, you're only telling the world that you fear what he might say.” -GRRM

#5 datman67

datman67

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts

Posted 15 January 2012 - 02:17

Did put this so called rant in this section as this is plain a simple pole about role playing specifically as pvp is role play last time I checked my gaming bible. I am not trying to call anyone out in front of the whole community. I mentioned about a group of five players who did something that is not normal for a pvp player in game, at least I have not encountered till recent in any games have played. I wanted to get other pvpers opinions as maybe this is a normal way of pvp and have just been lucky enough never to have seen it before. Funny how one persons questions about something all of a sudden became anything that had to do with an entire guild. Maybe because I mentioned the word bunch, sorry if that was taken so, because according to the dictionary a bunch is: A group of like items or individuals gathered or placed together. As far as crawling under a rock I mention a friend that went toe toe with a pvp player out of respect to doing things the pvp way and only returning the favor for the loss of XP to a friend. Now I am hearing from a pvp player that to not return the favor toe to toe with that player and gang up on them is a condoned action, although a simple vote for pvp was what was looking for. Have not heard that from any other pvp players yet, so still want to keep my little pole open on my own little none personal level if you don't mind kind sir. Especially as just plain enjoy the humorous side of players like Maehdros who saw this for what it is, a simple opinion pole.

#6 Bunnybee

Bunnybee

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 367 posts

Posted 15 January 2012 - 03:11

If a person likes to go around poking sleeping lions, you can hardly blame the lion when it takes issue with being poked. Trying to garner sympathy, and claiming the role of victim, strikes me as at least slightly absurd.

Also- I like maple syrup. No doubt that is about as interesting.

#7 datman67

datman67

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts

Posted 15 January 2012 - 13:31

First of all would like to say A+ for bunnybee as did bring some humor to the table which is what this game needs more of. Apart from that although lions can have up to 4 of them in a pride they act solo and and in general don't sleep together unless they are brothers. They each take a station around the perimeter and protect the pride from any attacks on their own. Tis the lioness that when they travel and hunt that do it in groups. Kudos to you though as bringing up the whole lions thing has brought me to think that the bigger problem that has brought discussions such as this, is because what gamers and administrators have termed the whole PVP (Player vs. Player), and PK (Player Killer), as because of the lack of pluralizing these, it has made the terms, and where one can take them very limited. I think we should start a revolution within the industry starting in this great game and change the acronym to POP (Preying On Players). First the term itself just plain has more flair and intrigue to what the acronym would stand for. Second the term itself and perimeters of it is beyond discussion or debate as means: 1. To hunt, catch, or eat as prey ; 2. To victimize or make a profit at someone else's expense ; 3. To plunder or pillage ; 4. To exert a baneful or injurious effect. Third continues with the whole fun thing as can return message to someone that has complained: Don't aggravate me or will POP you as am very hungry at the moment!

#8 sweetlou

sweetlou

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,958 posts

Posted 15 January 2012 - 20:14

I think we should start a revolution within the industry starting in this great game and change the acronym to POP (Preying On Players).

Are the meds helping at all?

[Signature removed]

“When you tear out a man's tongue, you are not proving him a liar, you're only telling the world that you fear what he might say.” -GRRM

#9 Bunnybee

Bunnybee

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 367 posts

Posted 15 January 2012 - 20:18

:lol:

#10 Maehdros

Maehdros

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,330 posts
  • Canada

Posted 15 January 2012 - 21:17

Also- I like maple syrup. No doubt that is about as interesting.

I like bunnies! :mrgreen:

#11 Bunnybee

Bunnybee

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 367 posts

Posted 15 January 2012 - 21:49

Yaaayyy! I like Mads's's. Lots and lots. :mrgreen:

What were we talking about again? Wait don't tell me. :P

#12 ladyjudith

ladyjudith

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 16 January 2012 - 05:03

:evil: I just love those who want to pvp and then hide behind their guild for it posers they are for sure and you happened to put that a nice way especially the ones that are on the ladder and then do that I would happen to have a better name for those but being a lady cannot post it

#13 NickelwiseOfficial

NickelwiseOfficial

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 223 posts
  • Badge

Posted 18 January 2012 - 06:46

I believe PvP stands for Player versus player. Not player=versus=player and when you lose, go beg your guild to delevel. If you dont have the skill, items or stam or whatever its is, dont get yourself into problems or be a good little leveler queen and buy protection

#14 Bunnybee

Bunnybee

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 367 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 04:50

You have no idea what you're talking about, and you never will.

#15 datman67

datman67

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts

Posted 21 January 2012 - 14:21

Lol Bunny I didn't get where that last statement was trying to get to either. Maybe would have made more sense if it had been posted as to subject Dumb or Dumberer. Love the new Avi by the way!

#16 fs_scrogger

fs_scrogger
  • Guests

Posted 29 January 2012 - 00:41

I'm a poser, I can't beat anyone even trying my hardest. Maybe someone would be willing to teach me?

#17 Maehdros

Maehdros

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,330 posts
  • Canada

Posted 29 January 2012 - 00:43

I'm a poser, I can't beat anyone even trying my hardest. Maybe someone would be willing to teach me?

I would teach you but i suck at pvp :|

#18 fs_scrogger

fs_scrogger
  • Guests

Posted 29 January 2012 - 00:44

I would teach you but i suck at pvp :|

Have a beer with me and we can cry together :cry:

#19 Maehdros

Maehdros

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,330 posts
  • Canada

Posted 29 January 2012 - 01:42

Have a beer with me and we can cry together :cry:

beer? :mrgreen: