Photo

I just spent about $60 on Steam which I could have used to...

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Rez

Rez

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 312 posts

Posted 29 November 2014 - 04:54

...or to atleast partly get a discounted Yearly sub in one go.

Since the 1 Year anniversary is the same as Black Friday (or around it, anyway), can you release a discounted amount for a certain non-recurring time on that day? It would only be one day out of the year, but I'm pretty sure other people like me would pay for it.

I'm fine with paying for maybe a month sub, and I'm sure that eventually I will, but that's about it due to the price. If I could get a "bundle" of time, on the other hand...

This is, of course, for next year, not this year. :)

rsz_sniper_anime_girl_dual_screen_3_t2.j

| Rezilia (16) Ranger | Bunnycakes (5) Paladin |

| Crystal Cutting - 4 | Farming - 11 | Fishing - 9 | Foraging - 10 | Forestry - 8 | Prospecting - 6 | Skinning - 16 |

| Alchemy - 12 | Armorsmithing - 2 | Cooking - 16 | Jewelry - 1 | Leatherworking - 9 | Tailoring - 6 | Weaponsmithing - 2 |

| Account (8) | Hours (58.5+) |

#2 ernzor

ernzor

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,153 posts
  • Badge
  • Australia

Posted 29 November 2014 - 09:28

You can buy non recurring 60 day bundles already. Is that what you're looking for?

Naked pirate will be back!

When lvl 50 is here

#3 Rez

Rez

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 312 posts

Posted 29 November 2014 - 16:08

No. I'm looking for a longer duration with a cheaper price.

The concept is that decreasing an item's price lets you sell it in bulk, ending up with more money overall because you sold more in that time. In order to get people to rush buying it in that time, the time must be severely limited (so one day per year).

To do this with a sub, it would make more sense to make the amount (half a year, a year, whatever) be one-time instead of recurring, that way people aren't afraid that the monthly charge will change to a higher amount.

Edited by Rez, 29 November 2014 - 16:10.

| Crystal Cutting - 4 | Farming - 11 | Fishing - 9 | Foraging - 10 | Forestry - 8 | Prospecting - 6 | Skinning - 16 |

| Alchemy - 12 | Armorsmithing - 2 | Cooking - 16 | Jewelry - 1 | Leatherworking - 9 | Tailoring - 6 | Weaponsmithing - 2 |

#4 Removed221770

Removed221770

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 188 posts

Posted 29 November 2014 - 16:27

I wouldn't mind this at all, having a discounted price for the games anniversary, available only  on their anniversary sounds good to me! Though, I do think that one full year would be a rip off to the game, because you could just have fully active membership year round with a discounted price. I would though agree with the half a year, because then the more fortunate folks could continue out the rest of the year with a regular subscription :). In return, making the game become more wealthy for better updates. :)

*By better; stay away from the direction Runescape took, as you see we're all here, not there.*

Thanks,

Kevin

#5 ZooksterGaming

ZooksterGaming

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,495 posts
  • Badge
  • Sweden

Posted 29 November 2014 - 17:39

Longer duration is already cheaper. So not sure why it should be even cheaper

91ig7l.png

| Zook (45) Prophet | Arumat (45) Warrior | Samoorai (45) Templar |

| Crystal Cutting - 45 | Farming - 40 | Fishing - 23 | Foraging - 45 | Forestry - 45 | Prospecting - 45 | Skinning - 45 |

| Alchemy - 45 | Armorsmithing - 45 | Cooking - 45 | Jewelry - 45 | Leatherworking - 45 | Tailoring - 45 | Weaponsmithing - 40 |

#6 Rez

Rez

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 312 posts

Posted 29 November 2014 - 18:10

Longer duration is already cheaper. So not sure why it should be even cheaper

Supply and demand.

To be more specific, the supply is potentially unlimited. What matters is how much of it is sold, as that then funds the game and keeps the good legitimate. By altering the price of the good to be lower, you increase its demand - and since the supply is unlimited, any number of people can buy it up and give tons of money to the seller. Since the item is digital/virtual in nature, the only dictating factor in the success of this sale is whether the amount purchased by a much larger amount of buyers than usual ends up gaining more profit than the small amount of buyers that would pay for the service at normal price anyway.

This is the same philosophy when it comes to a yearly price being discounted per month overall compared to lower prices: it's incentive to generate as much money as possible over a duration by sacrificing a small amount of potential profit which could have been gained by keeping the same price-per-month but would have been less desirable by the consumers.

The same thing happens with Black Friday in the first place: companies sell their excess stock at much lower prices in order to get a large profit with the goods they generally did not sell well or well enough. But since Subscriptions are virtual and thus have an unlimited supply, a company could gain an even larger amount of money from that item than a company would by selling an item with limited supply (as once that supply runs out, they can't gain any more money from the binge).

Edited by Rez, 29 November 2014 - 18:32.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: