6 replies to this topic

#1 Sage

Sage

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 405 posts
  • Badge

Posted 10 February 2014 - 15:51

The camping quest was nice but it led to nothing more to do with those areas other than stand in them or build a fire.

It would be nice if after completing the camping quest we were awarded a sleeping bag and tent so we could camp in the numberous campgrounds areas around Eldevin and receive our 'rested xp' while there.

Edit:  Another idea would be a mini-game where all who are there must do tasks to upkeep the camp area.  Like... cook for campers, gather, hunt, and fish for food, mine coal and clear trees for wood and have bins to store the wood and coal in for others to stoke the fires...  maybe even plundering other camps.

Rewards could be camping gear and/or camping vanity outfit pieces.

I'm sure others have ideas for the camping areas too...

Edited by Sage, 10 February 2014 - 17:17.

Gathering:   Crystal Cutting 44 - Farming 32 - Fishing 49 - Foraging 49 - Forestry 49 - Prospecting 49 - Skinning 49

Crafting:   Alchemy 49 - Armorsmithing 1 - Cooking 49 - Jewelry 1 - Leatherworking 12 - Tailoring 1 - Weaponsmithing 1

#2 Shylark57

Shylark57

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 802 posts
  • Badge

Posted 10 February 2014 - 15:59

LoL Well I was wondering what they were in the game for.... Maybe we could make a Tent City... A lot of stuff in the game I have wondered about... Just like beds we can lay on them but nothing.. Maybe we could get some sort of Buff... 

But yes I think it needs to have more thought form HCS...

#3 Fizban

Fizban

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,277 posts
  • Badge

Posted 10 February 2014 - 17:25

Seems to me that rested xp from camping areas is right, after all people pitch tents and sleep at campsites, so good idea :)

I can tolerate ignorance, but i cannot stand stupidity

the past can't be altered, the future can't be controlled, live for the here and now

#4 jr1093

jr1093

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 136 posts
  • Badge

Posted 10 February 2014 - 19:08

was thinking about this for a couple days. i would suggest 50% rested xp from sleeping bag (could be made with tailoring). and 50% from tent (could be leatherworking). having both you'd get the 100% rested xp

#5 Akadria

Akadria

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 419 posts
  • Badge
  • Estonia

Posted 10 February 2014 - 21:27

I was just wondering today if there was anything special about camping areas. Like, there must be, since there's so many of them. But you can build a campfire anywhere, so that's not it. At some point I thought it could be some sort of a safe area where creatures can't see/sense you. Haven't tested that. :P

siggy2_zps0bcfeb13.png

#6 Pweast

Pweast

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts
  • Badge
  • Australia

Posted 12 February 2014 - 06:59

It would be nice to see camping areas have a use :)

#7 Joesa

Joesa

• Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts

Posted 27 February 2014 - 08:22

very good idea :) agree 100% i hope HC will see this post

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size: