39 replies to this topic

#1 Mzzery

Mzzery

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 606 posts

Posted 15 June 2014 - 04:34

Soo.... I was thinking we could bounce a few ideas about what kind of stats and enhancements we'd like to see in new gear. I figure the cows could use our input. :) 

1 - What type of gear would you want to see? (helm+shield? boots+gauntlets?...)

2 - Ideally, what would the stat distribution on said set be? (lots of attack and a bit of defense?  Lots of armor and a bit of damage? ...... )

3 - What enhancements do you wish for in the gear? 

og3DxyP.gif

#2 RageAnger

RageAnger

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 15 June 2014 - 04:52

2 piece sets that are legendary with attack as primary with either damage OR defense mostly as secondary.

If you want to invest in armor we should add buffs that can mess with defense setups. There are too many ways to break through armor that don't apply to defense (example:piercing strike, shatter armor, critical hit, sharpen. There is nothing that works the same way vs. defense) and defense has dispel curse but there is no buff that turns off smashing hammer or the other things mentioned above. DEFENSE IS WAY BETTER FOR THAT REASON.

I don't think there are many successful gvgers that hit in armor setups.

I guess I could be wrong, will watch the thread.

We do need new legendary sets badly because the level 1600 legendary sets are better than the level 2000+ sets that are rare and unique.

Edited by RageAnger, 15 June 2014 - 04:56.

#3 Wolfthorne

Wolfthorne

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 15 June 2014 - 05:03

We definitely DO NOT need anymore defense/armor sets..or armor/hp sets. A ring and amulet set like the General BHaltairs set would be good i think, for starters. Maybe a shield and boots set or a weapon and boots set. Just throwing thoughts out there. Though i do hope any new sets are well thought out first and DO NOT kill other really good sets. Make any new 2 piece sets work together well.

#4 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 15 June 2014 - 05:22

After flicking through some of my combat sets (for hunting normally and hunting SE's), I've seen "gaps" that could be filled with decent LE sets as follows.

Damage / Attack Gloves / Shield combo

Defence / Attack Gloves / Ring combo

Damage / Attack Weapon / Shield combo

Defence / Damage Helmet / Armour combo

Just my 2c :)

Edited by Pardoux, 15 June 2014 - 05:23.

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#5 vlkfenrir

vlkfenrir

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 395 posts

Posted 15 June 2014 - 05:42

After flicking through some of my combat sets (for hunting normally and hunting SE's), I've seen "gaps" that could be filled with decent LE sets as follows.

Damage / Attack Gloves / Shield combo

Defence / Attack Gloves / Ring combo

Damage / Attack Weapon / Shield combo

Defence / Damage Helmet / Armour combo

Just my 2c :)

I made just a quick check but these combinations really seem to be lacking a bit. Not that both hunting and SE hunting need too much thought put in it anyway and it is easy with the gear we have. But You are right these combinations could have their good uses.

On a different note, four pices sets from champs like the 2087 one? The stats are nice but four pieces are not going to work anymore, yet the graphic is cool.

Edited by vlkfenrir, 15 June 2014 - 05:42.

#6 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 15 June 2014 - 05:50

I made just a quick check but these combinations really seem to be lacking a bit. Not that both hunting and SE hunting need too much thought put in it anyway and it is easy with the gear we have. But You are right these combinations could have their good uses.

On a different note, four pices sets from champs like the 2087 one? The stats are nice but four pieces are not going to work anymore, yet the graphic is cool.

I was just looking for potential new sets that fit in with existing sets rather than ones that break all / some of the existing sets.

Let's see what everyone / anyone else comes up with - and then see if we can get BG on board too

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#7 yghorbeviahn

yghorbeviahn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 15 June 2014 - 06:19

I believe a good idea will determine something like as an example:

Gloves+Amulet - 70% attack / 30% defense. 

Will be easier for BG and Hoof evaluate those numbers with that.

#8 insaner6

insaner6

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 276 posts

Posted 15 June 2014 - 10:23

i'd like to see an upgraded version of Pounamu set (lvl 1600)
with Damage-attack , weapon - amulet
and an upgraded version of Griffs set  (lvl 1550)
with Damage-Attack ring-armor.

#9 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 15 June 2014 - 11:43

They'd be nice, right enough :)

#10 vlkfenrir

vlkfenrir

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 395 posts

Posted 15 June 2014 - 12:40

As much as I would like these sets I have to say that I would preffer some different combination causing larger setup change. I believe that just switching for higher versin of the same set is only further increasing the monotony in lvling. (Here I have to note that I have no issue with that but some change of this sort from time to time can not hurt anyone :) )

#11 Dulcharn

Dulcharn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 760 posts
  • Badge

Posted 15 June 2014 - 21:35

Great idea mzz!

We could use a new hunting setup with high damage to celebrate the lvl 2000 and up ;) As it stands we're now hunting with lvl 1500/ 1600 gear for hunting.

30% attack/ 70% damage...

(armor + ring or armor + amulet) + (weapon + ring or weapon + amulet)

(helmet +glove or helmet + shield) + (glove + shield or helmet + armor)

We could also use high attack/armor for pvp. (and/or attack/armor/damage)

#12 Davros81

Davros81

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 949 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 15 June 2014 - 22:07

I say bring back the 9 piece sets, I mean what was more funkier than the Cracked Lava set?? :P

#13 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 15 June 2014 - 23:15

I say bring back the 9 piece sets, I mean what was more funkier than the Cracked Lava set?? :P

The SK set, of course :)

#14 Davros81

Davros81

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 949 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 16 June 2014 - 07:03

ah the SK set was all different levels so you could not even use the balance buffs on it, which sort of ruined it really :(

With the way the buffs are now we can only expect 2 item sets from now on. I still think there should be another novelty set that is 9 piece if even just for comical value :)

#15 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 16 June 2014 - 07:29

ah the SK set was all different levels so you could not even use the balance buffs on it, which sort of ruined it really :(

With the way the buffs are now we can only expect 2 item sets from now on. I still think there should be another novelty set that is 9 piece if even just for comical value :)

Yeah, you're right, it was ... not that I ever used it, but it made me look slim - black is, after all, good for that :)

#16 insaner6

insaner6

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 276 posts

Posted 21 June 2014 - 11:46

just bring anything actually..!!!

#17 Undjuvion

Undjuvion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,623 posts
  • Australia

Posted 21 June 2014 - 19:00

definitely due for some high level sets, id like to see a lvl 1800+ set released that uses either of ring, boots or rune that is 30% attack 70% armor .... to make a nice set from the newish 1900 SE sets and the old 1600 silent holder set ..... then if that SE set bonus buff ever gets released i = WIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#18 Mzzery

Mzzery

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 606 posts

Posted 13 July 2014 - 04:00

Gonna be interesting to see what we'll get :)

og3DxyP.gif

#19 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 13 July 2014 - 05:25

Gonna be interesting to see what we'll get :)

IF, I think, is the word, not WHAT ;)

What sounds better tho :)

#20 vamunre

vamunre

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 596 posts

Posted 13 July 2014 - 05:59

I will settle for the Blessings of the Cow Gods set, that's only level 800.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: