• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 werswet

werswet

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 26 October 2022 - 18:21

I know HCS staff don't want to release + 8 stamina gain epics, but my idea is making the game more exiting is +8 stamina gain stuff can be done for players with more than for example 1000000 titan kills (it is game admin decision ). The new epics can be bound, and bought from shop only when required kills to buy them are done. And so on, maybe for 2000000 titan kills + 9 stam gain.

#2 yotekiller

yotekiller

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,542 posts

Posted 26 October 2022 - 21:56

A bit self-serving since you seem to enjoy titan hunting.  Others don't.  I enjoy pvp and can always use more stam gain to make up for lost XP so why don't we tie it to pvp instead?  I'm guessing you don't like that idea much so how about we agree additional stam gain epics shouldn't be tied to specific area achievements.

Screenshot everything!

#3 moneypants

moneypants

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 186 posts

Posted 27 October 2022 - 06:43

I know HCS staff don't want to release + 8 stamina gain epics, but my idea is making the game more exiting is +8 stamina gain stuff can be done for players with more than for example 1000000 titan kills (it is game admin decision ). The new epics can be bound, and bought from shop only when required kills to buy them are done. And so on, maybe for 2000000 titan kills + 9 stam gain.

Disagree why do we need more stam gain? to sit at end of content doing nothing. 

A bit self-serving since you seem to enjoy titan hunting.  Others don't.  I enjoy pvp and can always use more stam gain to make up for lost XP so why don't we tie it to pvp instead?  I'm guessing you don't like that idea much so how about we agree additional stam gain epics shouldn't be tied to specific area achievements.

Agree i could do with more stam gain smashing players 

#4 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,804 posts
  • Badge

Posted 27 October 2022 - 10:21

Hi there.

We've repeatedly said no to 8+ Stam gain. You position has not and will not change, sorry.

~ Grim

#5 Artzik

Artzik

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 07 November 2022 - 17:37

+10 stam gain then , nice round number

#6 Artzik

Artzik

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 07 November 2022 - 17:40

can´t undertand logic against  more stam gain...people , would and could play more,  fs activity would rise, hcs would get more money and donations....win win win

#7 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 08 November 2022 - 13:17

Heavily adjust level formula at eoc that has long needed an adjustment. Then add +8 epics at EOC.

We can gain a level with 250-500 stam depending on if it's 2x or not. With the content we receive all year this is barely 2 weeks of stamina. To stay competitive at EOC it should cost much more than 2 weeks of stam, I would argue a couple months of stam.

If you need to justify adding higher stam gain epics then adjusting leveling formula could be the answer. A full set of +8 epics is only an extra 78k Stam a year (Assuming you never took them off). This can be compensated with much needed changes to the leveling formula (From EOC forward).

If we are worried about stamina gain creep this can be easily addressed many ways to where when added they are actually a net negative.

This would also make content releases much more impactful of an update. This would also help with the best player medal issue. 

If it's something players constantly want (I hear about people wanting them all the time), we should try to find a solution to make it work. Collecting and upgrading stamina gain is a massive drive to the players throughout the entire game. It's important we take good care of these player urges because it's what makes the game active throughout. When people suddenly have that drive taken away they get very bored. Whatever the reason is for not wanting to add them I believe we can remedy.

Edited by EpicPiety, 08 November 2022 - 13:32.

#8 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,129 posts
  • Australia

Posted 10 November 2022 - 06:58

I'm fully behind the cows limiting epics to +7 - there are quite a few reasons being trotted out (primarily by ... oh wait ... the titan hunting guilds) but the bottom line is they would like a new revenue stream that +7 doesn't offer as much any longer ...

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#9 Emperor Sidd

Emperor Sidd

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 129 posts

Posted 10 November 2022 - 17:51

I'm fully behind the cows limiting epics to +7 - there are quite a few reasons being trotted out (primarily by ... oh wait ... the titan hunting guilds) but the bottom line is they would like a new revenue stream that +7 doesn't offer as much any longer ...

You know, if you looked past your resentment of titan hunters, you'd realize the FSP titan hunters make when a new epic is released have to come from somewhere. As far as I know, HCS only allocates FSP into people's accounts based on positive financial transactions, so any reasonable person, including you if your emotions were not clouding your judgement, would recognize that +8 epics would increase profits for HCS and additional stamina to play with would promote activity because people aren't waiting for stamina as much.

Rough math: a +8 Epic at least in the first year would sell for 800-1000 FSP each, and we have about 200 players at EOC, and each player has 9 item slots. Some people might already have FSP, but that also means they would have a reason to refill FSP, but you are looking at 1,400,000 to 1,800,000 FSP that would be purchased by players? Even on the low end, that's potentially $200,000 USD, calculated at $60:400 FSP.

#10 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,129 posts
  • Australia

Posted 10 November 2022 - 19:18

You know, if you looked past your resentment of titan hunters, you'd realize the FSP titan hunters make when a new epic is released have to come from somewhere. As far as I know, HCS only allocates FSP into people's accounts based on positive financial transactions, so any reasonable person, including you if your emotions were not clouding your judgement, would recognize that +8 epics would increase profits for HCS and additional stamina to play with would promote activity because people aren't waiting for stamina as much.

Rough math: a +8 Epic at least in the first year would sell for 800-1000 FSP each, and we have about 200 players at EOC, and each player has 9 item slots. Some people might already have FSP, but that also means they would have a reason to refill FSP, but you are looking at 1,400,000 to 1,800,000 FSP that would be purchased by players? Even on the low end, that's potentially $200,000 USD, calculated at $60:400 FSP.

No resentment of them - I just know I can't compete 'cos of how far away I am but that doesn't mean I resent them. But, even so, I've soloed one or two myself.

Having a go at me tho doesn't alter the facts that :-

1. Motivation for adding +8 epics is profit driven for the guilds, nothing more, nothing less

2. Cows have repeatedly stated, on MANY occasions, that +8 epics will not happen.

Every now and then tho, the drum gets trotted out and beaten, trying to justify adding them..

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#11 Emperor Sidd

Emperor Sidd

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 129 posts

Posted 10 November 2022 - 20:16

1. Motivation for adding +8 epics is profit driven for the guilds, nothing more, nothing less

Did you even read my post, or are emotions at play again?

It's not "nothing more, nothing less" most players will be happy even if the +8 epics were bound like the Lesser Perchtas epics. People want stamina to essentially "play every day," and since they are playing a game, they wish to progress their character/guild for their time and effort; otherwise, where is the fun ?

#12 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 10 November 2022 - 22:21

No resentment of them - I just know I can't compete 'cos of how far away I am but that doesn't mean I resent them. But, even so, I've soloed one or two myself.

2. Cows have repeatedly stated, on MANY occasions, that +8 epics will not happen.

Every now and then tho, the drum gets trotted out and beaten, trying to justify adding them..

I don't think we are playing the same game. To each their own, people can play how they want however.

FS is an Economy Driven MMO. Players and myself included want to progress and upgrade. It's up to HCS to create dynamic solutions to allow us to continue to play and progress in every way possible. 

If we have less ways to upgrade ourselves we in turn play less. Yes we players want to continue to progress within the game. If this somehow makes us evil to you, so be it.

I also don't care that the cows have said no. They have said no on many things and changed their mind. I'm more interested in why. Upgrading Stam gain through epics is a huge draw to the game. I'm sure the reasons can be resolved with game design.

It's tiresome to see these gatekeepers that don't allow discussion. It's okay to have differing opinions. 

Edited by EpicPiety, 10 November 2022 - 22:29.

#13 Undjuvion

Undjuvion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,623 posts
  • Australia

Posted 11 November 2022 - 00:20

thx BG, i'm happy with stagnation myself too :D

#14 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,279 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 11 November 2022 - 02:30

umm, guys, whilst you all debate who's right, wrong or otherwise, you're still ignoring the elephant in the room:

Hi there.

We've repeatedly said no to 8+ Stam gain. You position has not and will not change, sorry.

~ Grim

Just one old lady's opinion

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

Have you hugged your Quango lately?

#15 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 11 November 2022 - 03:07

umm, guys, whilst you all debate who's right, wrong or otherwise, you're still ignoring the elephant in the room:

No one has ignored it. There are ways to achieve "not adding +8 stam gain epics" and simultaneously "adding +8 stam gain epics". I've pointed out one way to do it above. 

"stamina gain" is relative. Meaning it's measured against how much stamina it costs to do things. If it is a worry about creep in this regard there is an easy solution/'s. We want to have things to continue working towards specifically in this instance upgrading stam gain through epics. When joining the game it's just about everyones goal to obtain epics and continue upgrading them. 

Means of progression in MMO's need to be timeless. You can't just start cutting off progression paths unless new ones replace it, that is how MMO's die. As Juvi put it Stagnation...

#16 Artzik

Artzik

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 11 November 2022 - 11:48

i said +10 not 8 :D

#17 TheCount

TheCount

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts

Posted 12 November 2022 - 02:47

Less stamina per hour just means less time most people spend on FS, which likely leads to less $ spent on FS. Less upgrades mean less $ people end up spending on FS. Less upgrades also means less reason for people to continue playing FS.

Tried to say it slow.

#18 shindrak

shindrak

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,957 posts

Posted 12 November 2022 - 11:12

I would like to know why +8 stamina epics will not happen.

Lots of players have been around for 10-15 years, I believe out of the long relationship between HCs and players we deserve to know the reason for not adding more stamina gain and discuss it.
Players already mentioned above more stamina gain means more activity and more revenue for HCs as the Fsps originally came from donating to HCs and I'm sure HCs would like to see more activity in their game.

#19 Prop

Prop

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 125 posts

Posted 14 November 2022 - 06:20

This aside, the effort put into the look of the recent updates is a joke to be honest. In other games, as things get more epic they get more flashy for the effort along with the stats. As ever Fallen Sword just goes backwards, adding some stats and putting a sticking plaster on it.

First with the new cow epics, then that new spider armour is basically a hot water bottle. Then you couldn't even be bothered to colour all the frames of the previous animated epics on the recent upgrades, you guys have the original artwork. Would it really have taken that much?

When players can create better looking avatars than the dev team you have to ask what's going on.

Milking it springs to mind.

#20 LordOfRuin

LordOfRuin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 18 November 2022 - 02:31

I personally agree with Grim, but how about a poll to see how strongly the community feels about this?

Just a thought..

LoR

Edited by LordOfRuin, 18 November 2022 - 02:31.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: