Photo

where to spent level up points

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

Poll: where to spent level up points (13 member(s) have cast votes)

where to spent level up points

1. Attack (2 votes [15.38%])

Percentage of vote: 15.38%

2. Defense (1 votes [7.69%])

Percentage of vote: 7.69%

3. Armor (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

4. Damage (6 votes [46.15%])

Percentage of vote: 46.15%

5. Health (4 votes [30.77%])

Percentage of vote: 30.77%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 moneypants

moneypants

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 186 posts

Posted 01 December 2015 - 07:56

for pvp mainly

#2 sweetlou

sweetlou

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,958 posts

Posted 01 December 2015 - 17:49

Why weren't we enabled to choose more than one option?

[Signature removed]

“When you tear out a man's tongue, you are not proving him a liar, you're only telling the world that you fear what he might say.” -GRRM

#3 Egami

Egami

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,863 posts

Posted 01 December 2015 - 22:51

Complicated question. 

#4 gilby90813

gilby90813

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 434 posts

Posted 02 December 2015 - 03:03

im betting it all on health or bust

#5 Mister Doom

Mister Doom

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,518 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 02 December 2015 - 03:36

I have 4k in damage, 1k in attack, am working on my 1k in armour next.

Once I've done armour (411 so far) I'll move onto defence for another 1k.

After that I'm just going to run HP into infinity...

(In short, after a while it REALLY doesn't matter. The insane stats you can make from OP gear and potions render this debate a bit pointless)

EnhancedShardoom1-1.gif

#6 sweetlou

sweetlou

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,958 posts

Posted 02 December 2015 - 17:39

(In short, after a while it REALLY doesn't matter. The insane stats you can make from OP gear and potions render this debate a bit pointless)

With this part I couldn't agree more, but mainly with the insane Global, composing and donation driven pots. The gear has remained true to it's formula driven templates mostly.

The location of level up points in stats other than damage benefits when you use base skills like Rockskin, Rage, Fury, Evade and Fortify. In PvP covering all 4 stats(Attack, Defense, Armor and Damage) also helps against losing to the random break through 2%s. You can also go naked in PvE against global mobs without any imps while taking no loss in durability.

Basically, you don't need all your level up in damage, especially for PvP, with 10s of thousands of obscene pots in the game today that are readily available to everyone!

[Signature removed]

“When you tear out a man's tongue, you are not proving him a liar, you're only telling the world that you fear what he might say.” -GRRM

#7 Tastria

Tastria

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 513 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 02 December 2015 - 19:42

With this part I couldn't agree more, but mainly with the insane Global, composing and donation driven pots. The gear has remained true to it's formula driven templates mostly.

The location of level up points in stats other than damage benefits when you use base skills like Rockskin, Rage, Fury, Evade and Fortify. In PvP covering all 4 stats(Attack, Defense, Armor and Damage) also helps against losing to the random break through 2%s. You can also go naked in PvE against global mobs without any imps while taking no loss in durability.

Basically, you don't need all your level up in damage, especially for PvP, with 10s of thousands of obscene pots in the game today that are readily available to everyone!

Egami had a good point, it IS complicated.

The thing with all those pots, is that they aren't available to everyone.  There are all those epic pots on the AH with prices that put them out of reach of a lot of players. (I'm using the epic chests as an example here)  But I'm thinking, and I could be wrong, that you're referring to the composting pots.

Not that there's anything wrong with these things, but higher level ones are not universally available to a lot of players.  Granted, there are a bunch of high level composers out there, but compared to the total game population, they're in the minority.  and there's a great deal of gold cost involved in getting to that level.  This means that the potions involved have the potential be be quite expensive, even in-guild. 

I'm not going to even try to compute the costs included if you have to buy items to fragment.

Point is, the costs for these high level drinks is not something that the casual, or beginning player is going to be able to afford.

So for a lot of players, damage may still be the best option out there.

This doesn't completely negate what you said Lou, it it just shows that this still isn't a one-size-fits-all game :)

#8 sweetlou

sweetlou

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,958 posts

Posted 03 December 2015 - 00:45

The thing with all those pots, is that they aren't available to everyone. 

Yes they are!

Everyone does have access to them, even the donated pots can be purchased in the Marketplace.

This thread asked how level up points should be allocated in regards to PvP. That question greatly effects how the  three types of overpowered pots have negatively impacted the game overall, and especially in PvP.

These pots have double or triple the power of readily available, meaning special marketplace and invented pots and therefore affordable pots. It has segregated players who PvP between the ones that have access to these super pots via guild and donations and the ones that don't. It's an extraordinary difference! In PvE it's no big deal. You might only level a little bit slower if you don't have these pots. In PvP you WILL be dominated without regular access and therefore be turned off to playing in PvP or the game altogether...

I will continue to raise this issue until the developers acknowledge it, and at least discuss it. The next question is how can this issue be remedied? There are already 10s of thousands of these pots in the game. If you're stuck without a chair when the music stops you will just walk away.

[Signature removed]

#9 Mister Doom

Mister Doom

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,518 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 03 December 2015 - 01:09

Heh actually...

Naked killing a gajillion global mobs was one of the reasons I decided to go with armour next.

Edited by Mister Doom, 03 December 2015 - 01:12.

EnhancedShardoom1-1.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: