#41 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,279 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 29 August 2021 - 17:47

supposedly, all those error messages are being reported to someone. come monday morning, some poor cow will get this huge mess to work on, sorta like cleaning out the cow shed.

It started happening right after the Quangos were released... it made for some interesting questing....

I told them about it myself that day....

BG said it was being looked into at that time.

Just one old lady's opinion

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

Have you hugged your Quango lately?

#42 Tilley10

Tilley10

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 250 posts

Posted 03 September 2021 - 22:49

Lastly, we have made some adjustments to the skills Dispel Curse, Dark Curse, Balanced Attack, Balanced Defense and Shatter Armor. We will be offering an optional free skill reset as part of this update.

The changes are:

Dispel Curse: 0.1% chance per point that Dark Curse will not work against you (PvP only).

Dark Curse: 0.1% reduction per point to enemy Defense.

The Dispel Curse change is much appreciated, thank you.

Dark Curse nerf: First off, I don't understand why this change was made. Nobody, and I mean nobody, was asking for this change. Dark Curse was fine where it was. This change has made the following log happen every time when both people are fully buffed for PvP: Your combat with _______ was unresolved. Defense is now even more broken than before this change. Anyone running buffs in a defense heavy set is almost invincible. Because Dark Curse was nerfed, there is literally 0 counter to a max defense set. You can attempt to max out your attack but it will end in the same log message: Your combat with _______ was unresolved. This change has turned PvP into who can get the highest defense and there is nothing the other person can do.

Dark Curse needs to be reverted immediately or everyone's log will be full of "Your combat with _______ was unresolved."

There needs to also be a shakeup to the "meta" sets used in PvP. Whether that be new sets (looking at you Attack Armor) or by nerfing buffs that make a defense heavy set absolutely broken. Composed Flinch is half of the problem and the other half is Fumble. Any attack that you used to have is removed before there is anything you can do, there is no counter. You can attempt to run a max attack setup but the end result is still the same: Your combat with _______ was unresolved.

I hope this opens up a bigger conversation about buff changes as they are needed badly.

Edited by Tilley10, 03 September 2021 - 23:01.

#43 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,279 posts

Posted 04 September 2021 - 02:18

The Dispel Curse change is much appreciated, thank you.

Dark Curse nerf: First off, I don't understand why this change was made. Nobody, and I mean nobody, was asking for this change. Dark Curse was fine where it was. This change has made the following log happen every time when both people are fully buffed for PvP: Your combat with _______ was unresolved. Defense is now even more broken than before this change. Anyone running buffs in a defense heavy set is almost invincible. Because Dark Curse was nerfed, there is literally 0 counter to a max defense set. You can attempt to max out your attack but it will end in the same log message: Your combat with _______ was unresolved. This change has turned PvP into who can get the highest defense and there is nothing the other person can do.

Dark Curse needs to be reverted immediately or everyone's log will be full of "Your combat with _______ was unresolved."

There needs to also be a shakeup to the "meta" sets used in PvP. Whether that be new sets (looking at you Attack Armor) or by nerfing buffs that make a defense heavy set absolutely broken. Composed Flinch is half of the problem and the other half is Fumble. Any attack that you used to have is removed before there is anything you can do, there is no counter. You can attempt to run a max attack setup but the end result is still the same: Your combat with _______ was unresolved.

I hope this opens up a bigger conversation about buff changes as they are needed badly.

The DC adjustment has also adversely impacted PVE play as well....  Elites are nigh impossible to solo now.... and EVERYBODY has mentioned how hard the Quangos have been to kill.... 

Those of us with a lot of LUP in Attack won't suffer as much, but as a majority of players have put points in nothing but damage, this can become a big deal, especially when trying to hunt a critter with high defense.... 

Surely there has to be a better way to bring balance to PvP without handicapping all of us...  

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

#44 Corrupted

Corrupted

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 263 posts
  • Dominican Republic

Posted 04 September 2021 - 02:36

Revert the nerf and change the Darksun chest.

#45 Alisa

Alisa

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 776 posts
  • Badge

Posted 04 September 2021 - 10:32

The DC adjustment has also adversely impacted PVE play as well....  Elites are nigh impossible to solo now....

i don't see the issue here... shouldn't Elites be hard to kill solo?

sigma_468x60.jpg

#46 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,279 posts

Posted 04 September 2021 - 10:37

i don't see the issue here... shouldn't Elites be hard to kill solo?

Hard, yes, impossible, not so much
At least that's what I've been told in the past.

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

#47 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 04 September 2021 - 17:01

Revert the nerf and change the Darksun chest.

Just change the scaling of Dark Curse above 259, or just cap DC or something.

Edited by EpicPiety, 07 September 2021 - 16:42.

#48 mdgmMX

mdgmMX

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts

Posted 05 September 2021 - 14:10

dark curse not good anymore. !

2aa3a7eae91dd028a81fa11998dc744128cfc937

The Night Stalker

#49 RebornJedi

RebornJedi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 05 September 2021 - 23:21

capping a buff is better than just reducing it.. can't believe dispel curse AND dark curse was reduced.. such a drastic move.. we talking about randomly halving one of the most used buffs that's been here for over a dozen years..

Edited by RebornJedi, 05 September 2021 - 23:23.

#50 Arioche

Arioche

Producer

• Hunted Cow Staff
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts
  • Badge

Posted 06 September 2021 - 09:35

Thanks for all the feedback everyone! I'll bring your concerns to the relevant people and hope to have a resolution regarding Dark Curse as soon as possible. I hope the rest of the update has been satisfactory. We'll continue to work through changes and a new roadmap will be available sometime this month!  :)

#51 michael65

michael65

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 534 posts

Posted 06 September 2021 - 23:44

Thanks for all the feedback everyone! I'll bring your concerns to the relevant people and hope to have a resolution regarding Dark Curse as soon as possible. I hope the rest of the update has been satisfactory. We'll continue to work through changes and a new roadmap will be available sometime this month!  :)

two ways to tell if a problem with change:

1. complaints, pls see this thread. just because there is a complaint does not mean everyone has that problem. complaints are easier to understand if an example is given or solution offered.

2. players leaving game, you cows need to check if daily player count has changed.

the pvp attack range change seems to be a success. +1

#52 Prop

Prop

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 125 posts

Posted 07 September 2021 - 03:14

two ways to tell if a problem with change:

1. complaints, pls see this thread. just because there is a complaint does not mean everyone has that problem. complaints are easier to understand if an example is given or solution offered.

2. players leaving game, you cows need to check if daily player count has changed.

the pvp attack range change seems to be a success. +1

1. You've been wrong twice in one thread. Sometimes it's better to say nothing.

#53 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 07 September 2021 - 04:08

Thank you Arioche, the rest of the update was just wonderful :). New Roadmap in a few months oh that sounds awesome!

Slight recommendation when doing and presenting buff changes. Please put the previous buff description and show what it's changed to.

Edited by EpicPiety, 07 September 2021 - 04:35.

#54 shindrak

shindrak

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,957 posts

Posted 07 September 2021 - 10:23

Yea i think capping the skills is better option  than reduce level of potion or nerf skill

Edited by shindrak, 07 September 2021 - 10:24.

#55 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 07 September 2021 - 12:48

Yea i think capping the skills is better option  than reduce level of potion or nerf skill

Yea, I think this has the best chance to actually get changed. I've not run any numbers at all so I don't know what to really cap it at but, we have people for that. However, there is somebody with a better idea floating around that has not posted. I don't know how much available Dev Time they have to implement it.

If he does decide to post I'll step aside and support it as it is the better idea. However it requires a rework opposed to a simple change to a number in the code.

Edited by EpicPiety, 07 September 2021 - 12:49.

#56 michael65

michael65

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 534 posts

Posted 07 September 2021 - 18:17

1. You've been wrong twice in one thread. Sometimes it's better to say nothing.

concern is with feedback. the cows should not just look at complaints, nor take as gospel. losing customers sometimes is the only feedback a business gets.

the big change is pvp attack range. there appears to be no negative response to it, but is this truly the feeling of the fs community?

if only those always right posted, then there would be no posts.

#57 Toreth

Toreth

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts
  • Badge

Posted 08 September 2021 - 17:11

TL;DR at the bottom

Cows, good work for the most part here.

Armor sets need a lot more help than a Shatter Armor change, and the Balanced Buffs could likely be tweaked a little further to make them a bit more viable, but it’s a start there.

The only change here that baffles me is the Dark Curse change; others have already spoken up on it since the change. I understand the oppressiveness that a 92% reduction to a player’s defense has, but when we take a look at how all of the buffs tie into one another, the 92% becomes much less of an issue after you potentially factor in transfers and “Chance activations” like High Guard and/or Golden Shield.

Without getting into a massive breakdown in numbers, the change to Dark Curse’s 0.2% per point reduction to defense has caused issues already. Coupled with the ever-oppressive attack reduction buffs of Flinch and Fumble, the change to 0.1% per point reduction to defense has made offline defensive setups a coin flip match of “who gets the random hit through first.”

The change to Dark Curse has nearly killed other buffs as well. Because of the Dark Curse nerf, Nightmare Visage and Barricade are almost unnecessary in any scenario you want to raise your defense; on top of that, I almost don’t even need to think about using Dispel Curse either. Three buffs have been all but neutered because of this one change.

The best way to go about fixing Dark Curse is to revert the nerf; doing so fixes the issue with Nightmare Visage and Barricade being fairly negligible. It also still allows PvE aspects to go unchanged in their function after the game has created such a large dependency on the Damage stat over all others.

To top off that suggestion, however, I’d also like to bring up a change to Dispel Curse, which would help with the oppressiveness of the 0.2% per point reduction in PvP.

Changing Dispel Curse to “0.1% reduction to the effectiveness of your opponent’s Dark Curse buff” likely changes everything for the better. It helps Epic potions retain value, it alleviates everyone’s issues with Dispel Curse, and it brings a better balance overall.

TL;DR
1. Most Stuff Good

2. Dark Curse Nerf Bad
2a. Kills Need for Other Buffs
2a.1. Barricade
2a.2. Nightmare Visage

2b. Rely On 2% Hit

2c. Change Dispel Curse Differently to Counter
2c.1. 0.1% per Point Reduction to Effectiveness to Opponent’s Dark Curse Buff
2c.1a. Leaves PvE Content Alone
2c.1b. Helps PvP Consistency
2c.1c. Keeps Value of Epic Potions High
2c.1d. Allows Skill-Based Play OR Donation Based Play Depending on Potions

#58 Tilley10

Tilley10

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 250 posts

Posted 15 September 2021 - 12:53

Thanks for all the feedback everyone! I'll bring your concerns to the relevant people and hope to have a resolution regarding Dark Curse as soon as possible. I hope the rest of the update has been satisfactory. We'll continue to work through changes and a new roadmap will be available sometime this month! :)

It’s been awhile so has there been any resolution on reverting Dark Curse? I look forward to the reply.

#59 Arioche

Arioche

Producer

• Hunted Cow Staff
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts
  • Badge

Posted 17 September 2021 - 14:34

It’s been awhile so has there been any resolution on reverting Dark Curse? I look forward to the reply.

Hello Tilley!

Hoof is looking to revert Dark Curse either today or early next week  :) We will let everyone know when this is done!

The new roadmap will also be available next week as well  :D

#60 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 17 September 2021 - 14:42

Today would just be great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Cool vibes

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font: