• This topic is locked This topic is locked
339 replies to this topic

#281 Trailman

Trailman

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 295 posts

Posted 14 October 2014 - 01:57

At this point I agree with HCS no vote is required as it would be way too complicated for the community to make a simple choice from.

2320275.png

#282 Olef

Olef

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 14 October 2014 - 02:17

if there is no vote then how will the community vote?

the whole community still does not know that there is a pvp discussion in the forum that affects them too

I am for a vote in game because keeping the community in the dark is wrong

Edited by Olef, 14 October 2014 - 02:21.

#283 Trailman

Trailman

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 295 posts

Posted 14 October 2014 - 02:29

The choice for a vote must be very plain and clear and as it stands now its not. XP loss or no XP loss does not solve the real problem. To give a valid vote the community must understand what the choices mean to everyone. Do you really want to be a soft target because with no xp loss you are. Without the ability to take from your attacker something that you don't get (PvPxp) you have no real way to punish. This PvPxp is something I don't want but yet if I win a return attack I get it. If I take a bounty for friends I get it. What good is it to me I am a leveler and don't want to be part of any PvP type ladder.

Edited by Trailman, 14 October 2014 - 02:48.

2320275.png

#284 justinian9

justinian9

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 443 posts

Posted 14 October 2014 - 02:47

The choice for a vote must be very plain and clear and as it stands now its not. XP loss or no XP loss does not solve the real problem. To give a valid vote the community must understand what the choices mean to everyone. Do you really want to be a soft target because with no xp loss you are. Without the ability to take from your attacker something that you don't want you have no real way to punish. This PvPxp is something I don't want but yet if I win a return attack I get it. If I take a bounty for friends I get it. What good is it to me I am a leveler and don't want to be part of any PvP type ladder.

What good is prestige for a leveler? 

#285 Trailman

Trailman

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 295 posts

Posted 14 October 2014 - 02:58

It gains me more xp from each creature kill and so more levels during events.

Prestige is really only good for gaining levels because you get no xp when attacking other players just more prestige

Edited by Trailman, 14 October 2014 - 03:00.

2320275.png

#286 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,280 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 14 October 2014 - 03:01

What good is prestige for a leveler? 

I use my prestige EVERY hunt.  I get about half from bounty hunting, the rest from hitting each and every one of my peers, every third day.  I pay a price for this, a small one that I am willing to pay, but many are not. An extra 10% may not seem like much, but for someone like me who starts more likely than not 2 levels down, prestige is a godsend.  

Just one old lady's opinion

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

Have you hugged your Quango lately?

#287 justinian9

justinian9

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 443 posts

Posted 14 October 2014 - 03:03

It gains me more xp from each creature kill and so more levels during events.

Prestige is really only good for gaining levels because you get nothing when attacking other players

prestige is gained from PVP... how do you know you will not value PvPXP (or whatever it is called)  when the Cows have not defined it yet. 

BG said that it would have value.

We do not know and it is difficult to say, at this point, that keeping XP loss will be better. 

#288 justinian9

justinian9

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 443 posts

Posted 14 October 2014 - 03:07

I use my prestige EVERY hunt.  I get about half from bounty hunting, the rest from hitting each and every one of my peers, every third day.  I pay a price for this, a small one that I am willing to pay, but many are not. An extra 10% may not seem like much, but for someone like me who starts more likely than not 2 levels down, prestige is a godsend.  

I agree, but i don't hit players very much for it so i save it for double XP events

#289 Trailman

Trailman

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 295 posts

Posted 14 October 2014 - 03:12

prestige is gained from PVP... how do you know you will not value PvPXP (or whatever it is called)  when the Cows have not defined it yet. 

BG said that it would have value.

We do not know and it is difficult to say, at this point, that keeping XP loss will be better. 

I have no idea what the value of PvPxp will be or to who it will be valuable to. What I do know is that I want the ability to take xp from someone that attacks me if I choose to. This change removes that choice

2320275.png

#290 Trailman

Trailman

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 295 posts

Posted 14 October 2014 - 03:16

As a leveler I may not be able to get my gold back from the attack but I sure want something back and as has been stated in other threads a players xp is the currency of choice.

2320275.png

#291 justinian9

justinian9

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 443 posts

Posted 14 October 2014 - 03:18

I have no idea what the value of PvPxp will be or to who it will be valuable to. What I do know is that I want the ability to take xp from someone that attacks me if I choose to. This change removes that choice

We both know PvP players do not value XP to the extent that us levelers do.  If  PvP XP has more value to a PvP player then XP, and you take that PvP XP from them it is going to hurt. 

I have no idea how this is all going to pan out .. I just hope that it is a good deal for all involved. 

#292 mary4ever

mary4ever

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 511 posts

Posted 14 October 2014 - 03:22

trailman, please read my suggestion with the 2 systems

if you are on the raw side then you will always be able to punish your attacker with XP LOSS on the BB

please tell me what you think

3 players on iggy (1 troll & 2 players whose posts never make any sense)

#293 justinian9

justinian9

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 443 posts

Posted 14 October 2014 - 03:25

if you are on the raw side then you will always be able to punish your attacker with XP LOSS on the BB

Welcome back to your thread Mary

#294 Trailman

Trailman

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 295 posts

Posted 14 October 2014 - 03:25

Its not that they don't value their xp it is that they value our gold more then their xp. We lose this amount and they lose 2X the same amount on the BB unless we arrange a party for them. The risk right now is minimal unless you are in a large active guild which I am not. With BG's plan as it was stated I become a soft target for gold hits because what I would get for hitting back is something I really don't expect to want. I will never get my gold back but I do have the ability to remove xp and xp means gold to a leveler. You get so much gold from a hunt and that funds your next hunt unless you are a founder for the most part

2320275.png

#295 mary4ever

mary4ever

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 511 posts

Posted 14 October 2014 - 03:28

please ask questions or discuss while I keep reading the posts I have missed

#296 Trailman

Trailman

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 295 posts

Posted 14 October 2014 - 03:34

mary4ever I did read your post and most of the postings on the thread as well. The problem as I explained to Badpenny is that BG wants something now that is not complicated to get going. There have been a number of great ideas about protecting xp but as I said they all fall short in some way and the most common way is that they are complicated. We need to find a simple solution that the community will understand without a lot of different rules and choices involved. This is my opinion but I have been here a long time and seen many changes.

2320275.png

#297 mary4ever

mary4ever

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 511 posts

Posted 14 October 2014 - 03:38

my system here is very simple: :)

raw hits raw => raw BB

raw hits soft => soft BB

soft hits soft => soft BB

soft hits raw => raw BB

you always get posted on the VICTIMS bounty board (to counter EXPLOIT)

is that not simple and easy to understand?

#298 Trailman

Trailman

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 295 posts

Posted 14 October 2014 - 03:48

To me and many others it is and maybe even to the community but to code that may be above what is available to the game. We still don't have a solution to the GvG members being kicked in the middle of a GvG which shows the coding limits available. (Sorry BG) mary this is not a real answer I am just pointing out that HCS may not be able to accomplish what you have asked for.

We need something they can be accomplish without taking months to get it done. When I ran an active guild to login in the morning and see 5 to 10 attack reports was not what I needed. BG sees the entire game so multiply that by 100 and you will get the idea. Each one has to be addressed by ether the founder or a game admin and that takes a great deal of time away from doing constructive things.

Edited by Trailman, 14 October 2014 - 03:53.

2320275.png

#299 mary4ever

mary4ever

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 511 posts

Posted 14 October 2014 - 03:53

I understand and only HCS can say if they can code it but I have a question for you: would you be ok with my suggestion I posted here if HCS say that they can code the pvp system?

Edited by mary4ever, 14 October 2014 - 03:54.

#300 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 14 October 2014 - 03:54

if there is no vote then how will the community vote?

the whole community still does not know that there is a pvp discussion in the forum that affects them too

I am for a vote in game because keeping the community in the dark is wrong

say what ? - if there is no vote, then there is no vote ...

How can you say the community is being kept in the dark ? - this is a forum for FALLENSWORD.

If players don't read it, that's their problem - it's here for all.

If you want players to read it, bring it to their attention.

Edited by Pardoux, 14 October 2014 - 03:54.

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: