#1 Removed18058

Removed18058

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,401 posts
  • Badge

Posted 22 September 2016 - 12:41

any way to turn off the notifications for completed composing potions?

if not any chance that this could be implemented?

it's basically 98% of my log

Fastest asv healer
Fastest rg healer

fastest icc healer in progress

Gotta go fast :P

#2 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 22 September 2016 - 13:24

Might be wrong but doesn't FSH have some kind of feature.

#3 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,280 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 22 September 2016 - 20:30

I hate that notification too..... As for FSH, I have no clue, as that thing is NOT Android friendly, so I can't use it....

The thing that irks me the most about this notification is that it arrives AFTER I have already attended to my pots. It never comes before. So what's the point of it?

I'm with my sweet buddy crip on this... Shoulda made a poll...

Hoof?

Edited by BadPenny, 22 September 2016 - 20:30.

Just one old lady's opinion

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

Have you hugged your Quango lately?

#4 Removed18058

Removed18058

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,401 posts
  • Badge

Posted 22 September 2016 - 21:12

i highly doubt that this is a fsh feature since this would alter game logs and that seems not good to me XD

Fastest asv healer
Fastest rg healer

#5 rowbeth

rowbeth

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,108 posts

Posted 22 September 2016 - 22:23

FSH has filter buttons (All, Notifications, Combat, Chat, Guild) that affect the display only

#6 Egami

Egami

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,863 posts

Posted 22 September 2016 - 22:33

No way to turn it off. Hard to see why exactly you would want to. Simply don't create pots. Really it's there to let us know to burn more gold on more.

Less cynically... 

1) I agree that programming needs to be changed so that the notification appears in log without the need for a second click. I find that pretty annoying myself. Ie, when the pots are done, the log notification should appear. It shouldn't need a second game click. 

2) FSH does have some log options that can let you select what you see. It's NOT programable. Ie, when you enter your log, you can then select it to see pms, combats, notifications, blah, blah. Like most FSH, a great feature. I use "Chat" most but use "notification" often as well. 

Hope that helps.

#7 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,280 posts

Posted 23 September 2016 - 00:44

No way to turn it off. Hard to see why exactly you would want to. Simply don't create pots. Really it's there to let us know to burn more gold on more.

Less cynically...

1) I agree that programming needs to be changed so that the notification appears in log without the need for a second click. I find that pretty annoying myself. Ie, when the pots are done, the log notification should appear. It shouldn't need a second game click.

2) FSH does have some log options that can let you select what you see. It's NOT programable. Ie, when you enter your log, you can then select it to see pms, combats, notifications, blah, blah. Like most FSH, a great feature. I use "Chat" most but use "notification" often as well.

Hope that helps.

Welp, I can log into FS, jump from guild chat to global to AH to Buff Market, to Composing, where I deal with pots that are ready for whatever, then start a new batch... Then, and ONLY then, I will get a log notification, which will be that "xxx" pot is ready to be collected (x4,of course) Which is absolutely pointless, since I "traveled" all over Erildath and dealt with said pots beforehand.... This is annoying to me. Either fix it so it happens when I log into the game (or whenever the pots actually complete, for pity's sake), or eliminate it altogether.... It serves no purpose after the fact.... And if it does remain, instead of that link saying "collect", just link to Composing page. Most pots are trash pots for leveling and will be discarded anyway, I don't want to collect them.....

Edited by BadPenny, 24 September 2016 - 05:25.

Just one old lady's opinion

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

Have you hugged your Quango lately?

#8 WandKing

WandKing

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 297 posts

Posted 23 September 2016 - 07:46

Dang, that's a problem O.O How many millions of gold do you spend to instant finishing potions? my gripe is selling fragglables on AH and filling 10s of pages in my PMs :P I'd be thrilled to have 10s of pages of "Your composing potion 'xxxxxxx' is now ready to collect! :D

#9 Removed18058

Removed18058

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,401 posts
  • Badge

Posted 23 September 2016 - 09:27

or perhaps different categories?

a combat log where everything regarding combat comes

an AH and composing log where AH messages and composing messages come 

and a personal log where chatting shows up?

there's too much stuff coming in and i just am too busy to filter out the important stuff

Fastest asv healer
Fastest rg healer

#10 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,814 posts
  • Badge

Posted 23 September 2016 - 09:58

I'll certainly ask Hoofmaster if this can be implemented as a preference.

#11 Removed18058

Removed18058

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,401 posts
  • Badge

Posted 24 September 2016 - 02:09

sweet thanks grim

Fastest asv healer
Fastest rg healer

#12 Aceshunter

Aceshunter

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts
  • Badge

Posted 24 September 2016 - 11:25

Oh my god... this is so funny, all those years I did not pay any attention to those buttons above the log messages... now my searches for certain logs will go much smoother, thank you guys B)

#13 Removed18058

Removed18058

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,401 posts
  • Badge

Posted 01 October 2016 - 23:38

Oh my god... this is so funny, all those years I did not pay any attention to those buttons above the log messages... now my searches for certain logs will go much smoother, thank you guys B)

you do know that we're too lazy to actually use those right? :P

and i don't want to know my composing pots are ready i only wanna know the good stuff like hey you got spanked or hey someone wants to talk to you :P

Fastest asv healer
Fastest rg healer

#14 cucullainn

cucullainn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,464 posts

Posted 02 October 2016 - 01:04

I hate that notification too..... As for FSH, I have no clue, as that thing is NOT Android friendly, so I can't use it....

The thing that irks me the most about this notification is that it arrives AFTER I have already attended to my pots. It never comes before. So what's the point of it?

I'm with my sweet buddy crip on this... Shoulda made a poll...

Hoof?

I guess everyone is making alot more than I am. This posting doesn't bother me. If I didn't get it sometimes, I would probably forget my pots

#15 Bluetail

Bluetail

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 218 posts
  • Badge

Posted 03 October 2016 - 02:03

I think replacing the composing log message with a little popup under the actions menu would be a good idea. Kinda like the one for Reserve Stamina, Mailbox, Tavern Rumour, ect... Its not like I need the time it finished in my log for future reference.

And while were on the topic of disabling notifications, can we get the option to hide the log message from inventing? When you invent in mass its extremely cluttering in the log and makes it easy to miss anything else.

Edited by Achub, 03 October 2016 - 05:47.

Insanity is when the sobbing slowly turns into laughter...

#16 yghorbeviahn

yghorbeviahn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 03 October 2016 - 04:02

I would suggest another completelly diferent thing.

Get rid of all Composing Log Messages, but implement a new Notification Box on the left, like Tavern Rumours, News Update, etc.

Something like:
"You have Composing potions to Collect"

The box would pop up when any potion is finished, and would vanish when you had none potions ready to collect.

Like that you would always see the notification and would not take 95% of your log box.

#17 Bluetail

Bluetail

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 218 posts
  • Badge

Posted 03 October 2016 - 05:53

I would suggest another completelly diferent thing.

Get rid of all Composing Log Messages, but implement a new Notification Box on the left, like Tavern Rumours, News Update, etc.

But... thats exactly what I said :wacko: like 2 inches above you lol

Insanity is when the sobbing slowly turns into laughter...

#18 yghorbeviahn

yghorbeviahn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 03 October 2016 - 06:00

But... thats exactly what I said :wacko: like 2 inches above you lol

I was in rush and didn't read all the answers, I was talking about the original post, good thing that we agree lol

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: