107 replies to this topic

#21 cucullainn

cucullainn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,464 posts

Posted 13 October 2016 - 22:46

no..regular mobs..are found always where they can easily be hunted and daily done..se's are not always going to be where they should be at the time a person is hunting for them.....are not easily found..therefore,  daily not as easily done..there is your difference..

not really agreeing with you on this. Finding SEs are easy.

That falls under the common kill x mobs y times don't you think?

#22 rowbeth

rowbeth

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,108 posts

Posted 13 October 2016 - 22:47

With the definition of kill x mobs y times we disagree. I consider them the same TYPE of quest. Easy in your definition is a relative term, hence the reason HCS hasn't asked players to kill too many.

I can se all that.

One reason why one might call the SE a different type is because it is actually a hybrid that says do BOTH the walk and the kill quests at the same time. The number of tiles you need to visit to kill 3 SEs is not that far short of the "visit 400 tiles" quests.

But as Egami might have said: its tomarto, tomayto

Edited by rowbeth, 13 October 2016 - 22:48.

#23 rowbeth

rowbeth

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,108 posts

Posted 13 October 2016 - 23:02

given the discussion of SEs, and the desire to make DQs a positive effect on the game, I don't think the following is off-topic

Could we please get the OFSG updated to include essential equipment?

I recently decided to do an SE DQ, and followed Pardoux's plan. I spotted from the kill log that someone had killed 4 Fushiyoma in quick succession many hours earlier, so thought that would be a good one to hunt. I eventually found one halfway through the second realm (i.e.after quite a lot of walking), only to find that I needed a longsword of fate to kill it---and that needed a lot of items to invent it.

Since I'm at EOC, and my stam is overflowing, I wasn't tooooo bothered. But had this happened to me 2 years ago, I probably would have written off all similar DQs as very bad jokes after that experience.

The simple fix (well, simple to conceive and simple to state) is to include such information in the UFSG creature descriptions.

[PS this information IS in the wiki; but the wiki is not definitive and does contain mistakes, so it would be nice to see this information in the "ultimate" guide.]

#24 Foggafilly

Foggafilly

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 14 October 2016 - 00:09

Post your LE's interested to see :). Nice update like it.

Legendary ]
Travel 1500 tiles
134 / 1500
Gain +1 Component Inventory Size

That is a lot of walking!

#25 cucullainn

cucullainn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,464 posts

Posted 14 October 2016 - 00:49

given the discussion of SEs, and the desire to make DQs a positive effect on the game, I don't think the following is off-topic

Could we please get the OFSG updated to include essential equipment?

I recently decided to do an SE DQ, and followed Pardoux's plan. I spotted from the kill log that someone had killed 4 Fushiyoma in quick succession many hours earlier, so thought that would be a good one to hunt. I eventually found one halfway through the second realm (i.e.after quite a lot of walking), only to find that I needed a longsword of fate to kill it---and that needed a lot of items to invent it.

Since I'm at EOC, and my stam is overflowing, I wasn't tooooo bothered. But had this happened to me 2 years ago, I probably would have written off all similar DQs as very bad jokes after that experience.

The simple fix (well, simple to conceive and simple to state) is to include such information in the UFSG creature descriptions.

[PS this information IS in the wiki; but the wiki is not definitive and does contain mistakes, so it would be nice to see this information in the "ultimate" guide.]

it's a good thing you haven't tried to hunt the Kraken Titan. You need a sword for that one too.

I brought this up in another post on another thread in this forum before. BG even posted that he like that idea himself. Wonder how long it would take before it's put into effect

https://forums.hunte...topic=74236&hl=

Edited by cucullainn, 14 October 2016 - 00:53.

#26 cucullainn

cucullainn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,464 posts

Posted 14 October 2016 - 00:58

By the way what the heck is this

[ Common ]
Break down 60 items
0 / 60
Gain +110 Current Stamina

??? Not sure what to make of this

#27 Equestrian Pony Queen

Equestrian Pony Queen

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 14 October 2016 - 01:18

Legendary ]
Travel 1200 tiles
0 / 1200
Gain +2,375 Current Stamina

#28 gilby90813

gilby90813

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 434 posts

Posted 14 October 2016 - 01:24

[ Legendary ]

Travel 1200 tiles

0 / 1200

Gain +2,375 Current Stamina

That's a nice one! I'll take anything easy with reserve stam

#29 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 14 October 2016 - 01:36

Wouldn't you say as easy as looking up Halloween seasonals in the USFG to figure out what Titans are out at that time. Oh wait, even though you have to kill a Statue of Gurgriss' Wrath (Titan) for the Spook Smashers II (Halloween) quest. It's not actually listed on the left as a requirement under the steps of the of the quest. Hmm still though...

Pretty easy

Trolling the titan thing AGAIN ?? - after you already apologised for the first time ? - tut tut

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#30 Pythia

Pythia

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 846 posts

Posted 14 October 2016 - 01:51

I see two category of dailies so far.   Common and Legendary.    Before this last data input the dailies had no such categories, they simply were.

(common)  Kill 175 elites and gain 110 tokens. :)

Edited by Pythia, 14 October 2016 - 01:54.

#31 Bluetail

Bluetail

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 218 posts
  • Badge

Posted 14 October 2016 - 03:02

I think the common, rare, legendary quest types are a step up. But instead of them being at random I think they should be based on how many quests youve done for the week or in a row. 

Ex. Finish 3 common quests for the week and the rest are rare. Finish 6 quests for the week and you get a Legendary quest on the seventh day. Something along those lines would make much better utilisation of the tiers and promote consistancy.

Insanity is when the sobbing slowly turns into laughter...

#32 Davros81

Davros81

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 949 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 14 October 2016 - 05:13

Daily Quest

[ Rare ]
Travel 800 tiles
0 / 800
Gain +130 Allegiance Tokens

#33 sweetlou

sweetlou

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,958 posts

Posted 14 October 2016 - 05:20

Gain +130 Allegiance Tokens

Fate :o

[Signature removed]

“When you tear out a man's tongue, you are not proving him a liar, you're only telling the world that you fear what he might say.” -GRRM

#34 Lahona

Lahona

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 919 posts

Posted 14 October 2016 - 06:09

Daily Quest
[ Rare ]
Break down 200 items
0 / 200
Gain +275 Current Stamina

#35 PointyHair

PointyHair

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 322 posts

Posted 14 October 2016 - 07:22

This is probably going to sound a bit sad but is there any chance that the completion message could be copied into the log please? Seems odd that they aren't.

#36 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,814 posts
  • Badge

Posted 14 October 2016 - 10:38

craft x times, hell forge x times

Hoofmaster and I discussed this but weren't too hot on any Daily Quests that required the use of FSP.

For the stam rewards...could you possible give us the option of putting the stam in reserve or current?

This is not something we are considering, no.

[ Common ]
Break down 60 items
0 / 60
Gain +110 Current Stamina

??? Not sure what to make of this

That's for Fragging items.

This is probably going to sound a bit sad but is there any chance that the completion message could be copied into the log please? Seems odd that they aren't.

I'll ask Hoofmaster about this.

#37 SaveMeGrim

SaveMeGrim

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 206 posts

Posted 14 October 2016 - 13:18

I think the common, rare, legendary quest types are a step up. But instead of them being at random I think they should be based on how many quests youve done for the week or in a row. 

Ex. Finish 3 common quests for the week and the rest are rare. Finish 6 quests for the week and you get a Legendary quest on the seventh day. Something along those lines would make much better utilisation of the tiers and promote consistancy.

I was thinking something similar ... "I sure would love to get more of the Legendary quests". It would be useful to know/approximate the frequency distribution of the types of quest. If they each equally likely, then your suggestion would create fewer Legendary Quest opportunities for you.

Perhaps your first x consecutive are Commons, next y Rare and then you get Legendaries until your lose your streak?

#38 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,814 posts
  • Badge

Posted 14 October 2016 - 13:29

Considering what the Legendary Quests can give you, we're happy with how they work now.

#39 yodamus

yodamus

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,119 posts

Posted 14 October 2016 - 14:18

wow..they already had one of my ideas in place...lol...but holy cow !! is this even possible ???

Rare ]
Invent 60 items
0 / 60
Gain +210 Allegiance Tokens
Time Remaining:

i like the reward..and it does belong in rare cat..but can i do this..any hints anyone..?..i looked over my list of over 200 recipes...i see nothing that i could even think about inventing 20 times much less 60 times..yikes....might want to cut back the amount on this one..bg and hoof..

edit: now that i am doing it..it is about right..tough but possible..good for a rare dq...keep as is..hr long dq

Edited by yodamus, 14 October 2016 - 15:22.

#40 Mister Doom

Mister Doom

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,518 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 14 October 2016 - 14:30

wow..they already had one of my ideas in place...lol...but holy cow !! is this even possible ???

Rare ]
Invent 60 items
0 / 60
Gain +210 Allegiance Tokens
Time Remaining:

i like the reward..and it does belong in rare cat..but can i do this..any hints anyone..?..i looked over my list of over 200 recipes...i see nothing that i could even think about inventing 20 times much less 60 times..yikes....might want to cut back the amount on this one..bg and hoof.

Deathspinner stuff is easy to make, that whole place is actually really good for the DQ's.

EnhancedShardoom1-1.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: