Photo

Frag Market

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

Poll: Frag Market (26 member(s) have cast votes)

Who thinks the Hunted Cows should create a Frag Market?

1. This is a terrible idea. (10 votes [31.25%])

Percentage of vote: 31.25%

2. No, NO, NOOOOO ! This would ruin my frag business plan! (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

3. Great idea! (10 votes [31.25%])

Percentage of vote: 31.25%

4. Wonderful idea, but... the cows won't do it :-( (7 votes [21.88%])

Percentage of vote: 21.88%

5. I could not care less. (2 votes [6.25%])

Percentage of vote: 6.25%

6. They should first make composing level 80. (3 votes [9.38%])

Percentage of vote: 9.38%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Aceshunter

Aceshunter

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts
  • Badge

Posted 22 April 2016 - 16:56

Hello FS-players,

I do not know if any player has come up with the following idea or not;
at this moment we have a FSP market, a Buff Market and an Auction House.
Due to the popularity of composing and the high demand on items for the frags,
would it not be a good idea to create a New Market; the Frag Market?!

There are a couple of ways to implement this:

(1) You are presenting a number of items from your BP and the price you want for it.

(1A) a seller could choose to sell all of his items offered in one sale (for example, 20 items that give 20 frags would only be sold if the buyer buys all 20 items at one time)

(1B) a seller could choose to sell the items in more than one sale (for example, you post 20 items that give you 20 frags in total, one buyer wants 3 items from that offer, so the offer keeps in the Frag Market but with only 17 items left after the first sale)

(2) A buyer is searching for a number of items that would give him a certain number of frags for a certain amount of gold or FSP's

Just like the auction house, with a good search engine, you would be able to search any deal you want. For example: 30 items, minimum 100 frags in total, max price: 200.000 gold and/or 1 FSP and so on… .

(3) Buyers could post demands, so that frag hunters could not only find buyers much faster, but they could choose the best offer to sell to.

(4) If the cows are really into this idea, they could even create a Frag House where you can post offers in which the frags are not sold as items, but as real frags. So, instead of breaking items down to gather frags, you could break them down and those frags would be held in the Frag House. Of course you would be able to retrieve those frags into your broken down frags inventory, but then you would not be able to transfer them back to the Frag house.

That’s about it… you don’t want to know how many times I had to retyp Frag Market as I typed Fag Market…

Greetings from a composer who needs common frags a lot :-)

Aceshunter

#2 smileynirv

smileynirv

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 267 posts

Posted 22 April 2016 - 17:15

confusing. giving the player the ability to break down frags and sell them as frags in a fragmarket makes more sense to me. not that i endorse the idea :P

#3 lapdragon

lapdragon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 193 posts

Posted 22 April 2016 - 17:58

i think its great that your thinking of ways to improve the game...but you know you can just go to AH, click on the type of "frag" your looking for.....common, rare etc, under ITEM RARITY...and you can see prices for the gear...higher level gear, more frags when broken down....so i think its easier to get one item that breaks into 4 frags then 4 items that break into one frag each.....it is easier to know how many open BP slots you have etc the way it is now....with that said, i think your idea, tho is pretty good, would be to hard to implement....and a bit like the AH...so why not just keep AH??

#4 Aceshunter

Aceshunter

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts
  • Badge

Posted 22 April 2016 - 19:23

i think its great that your thinking of ways to improve the game...but you know you can just go to AH, click on the type of "frag" your looking for.....common, rare etc, under ITEM RARITY...and you can see prices for the gear...higher level gear, more frags when broken down....so i think its easier to get one item that breaks into 4 frags then 4 items that break into one frag each.....it is easier to know how many open BP slots you have etc the way it is now....with that said, i think your idea, tho is pretty good, would be to hard to implement....and a bit like the AH...so why not just keep AH??

Well... let me put it this way... what if you are a player that has reached level 215... he has 15 BPS and 5 AHS... wouldn't you find it interesting that low level players could also join the frag hunt and make a little profit out of it... make the calculation, selling 100 items in the AH for 5.000 gold pieces each would require 20 FSP's x 100 AHS = 2000 FSP's for putting those items for sale... admit it... that would demand from a player that he would be online 24/7...

Edited by Aceshunter, 22 April 2016 - 19:24.

#5 Egami

Egami

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,863 posts

Posted 23 April 2016 - 19:04

I think AH is enough. I'd like to hear from buyers though.

#6 kokorog

kokorog

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts

Posted 04 August 2016 - 23:08

Well Ace, I think that the big difficulty is not with buying items for fragging.

I would like however, to use this opportunity to offer another possibility if I may.

The idea comes from SS2, where it was actually implemented for extracted components, and was called there 'Transmuting'.

Basically, this function will let you convert say 5 common frags to 1 rare, 5 rares to 1 unique, etc. and vis versa. i.e. 1 Legendary to 5 unique and so on...

Of course it might be some other ratio rather than 5, or even different ratios for different frag types at HCS discretion that will lead to best balance.

I want to say why I think this is a good idea:

1) It will mitigate to some extent the imbalance we have today regarding too few Legendary frags (and too much Rares, while we at it).

2) It will reinforce the frag farming market eventually, as high level composers/players will buy low rank frags for 'Transmuting'. This will provide a 'living' for low level player that will help hook them on this game.   

Hope this idea will catch on :)  Cheers!

#7 Aceshunter

Aceshunter

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts
  • Badge

Posted 04 August 2016 - 23:24

Well Ace, I think that the big difficulty is not with buying items for fragging.

I would like however, to use this opportunity to offer another possibility if I may.

The idea comes from SS2, where it was actually implemented for extracted components, and was called there 'Transmuting'.

Basically, this function will let you convert say 5 common frags to 1 rare, 5 rares to 1 unique, etc. and vis versa. i.e. 1 Legendary to 5 unique and so on...

Of course it might be some other ratio rather than 5, or even different ratios for different frag types at HCS discretion that will lead to best balance.

I want to say why I think this is a good idea:

1) It will mitigate to some extent the imbalance we have today regarding too few Legendary frags (and too much Rares, while we at it).

2) It will reinforce the frag farming market eventually, as high level composers/players will buy low rank frags for 'Transmuting'. This will provide a 'living' for low level player that will help hook them on this game.   

Hope this idea will catch on :)  Cheers!

Yes koko, this is another idea to use those frags in another way, and it would not be so difficult to implement as the cows don't have a lot of manpower for FS :-D

#8 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,813 posts
  • Badge

Posted 05 August 2016 - 11:53

Sorry, this is something we will not be implementing. Frags have never been tradeable. The only Frag Chests that are tradeable are those from Realm Chests. That's the way we wish to keep it. The AH is more than enough for people needing frags.

#9 kokorog

kokorog

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts

Posted 05 August 2016 - 12:10

Sorry, this is something we will not be implementing. Frags have never been tradeable. The only Frag Chests that are tradeable are those from Realm Chests. That's the way we wish to keep it. The AH is more than enough for people needing frags.

Hi Grim :)

What about the 'Transmute' option I've raised here ???  It is unrelated to the frag market actually, and maybe should be in a different post, but it does not involve any trading of bound or personal frags...

#10 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,813 posts
  • Badge

Posted 05 August 2016 - 12:23

We feel that would damage the need to hunt for the individual item types, thus lowering the need to hunt LEs and SEs.

#11 kokorog

kokorog

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts

Posted 05 August 2016 - 13:26

I see your point, but let me say first that SEs are not hunted for frags mostly. If you really need SEs (which you usually don't, as you get enough from global stashes), you go to the spiders.

So it is only the LEs... But if you tweak the ratios you can make it so that you need  hundreds of Commons or Rares to get 1 Legendary frag.

You can also set the number of frags of each kind that are needed to make some other kind, without the progressive ratio I suggested before. For example 100 Commons + 50 Rares + 25 Unique for 1 Legendary... 

It will not impair the need to hunt for LEs, in the rare occasions when they are out there, and actually will make the frag economy stronger which is much more important for the health of this game. 

Hope you guys will give it another serious thought....

#12 Mzzery

Mzzery

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 606 posts

Posted 09 February 2017 - 17:34

As much as I wish I could trade frags with friends, I think it is something that could be severely abused, so I think it would be a bad idea. 

og3DxyP.gif

#13 Mister Doom

Mister Doom

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,518 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 10 February 2017 - 00:00

lol @ trying to clean-sweep the forum.

Bored much? :P

EnhancedShardoom1-1.gif