Photo

'BLOOD' a possible idea for Grims intended removal of xp loss from pvp.

• Please log in to reply
510 replies to this topic

#481 yodamus

yodamus

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,119 posts

Posted 21 October 2014 - 21:47

pvp.png

holy "flow charts" batman...lukewarm about it...but really nice effort..by the time the dusts settles..big grims's head will be dizzy from all the suggestions..he asked for them , he is getting them...

#482 justinian9

justinian9

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 443 posts

Posted 21 October 2014 - 21:55

holy "flow charts" batman...lukewarm about it...but really nice effort..by the time the dusts settles..big grims's head will be dizzy from all the suggestions..he asked for them , he is getting them...

just a question  to make something clear.  You do not have to clear a bounty... it is the number of hits correct?

#483 wil72

wil72

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,554 posts

Posted 21 October 2014 - 22:58

pvp.png

I see the PvP level gain but what does that give? Mention of tokens per PvP level but what will they buy? New gear, buffs and potions?

Could tokens be used like level up points to gain new buffs? If so, what could they be? Thoughts?

If tokens could be used to purchase new potions, what should they be? Thoughts?

And gear, new gear, never seen before gear. Should it be PvP level gained that allows you access to new sets or should new sets be bought with tokens? What PvP level would you have to gain to be able to get a "new" lvl 2000 PvP set? And on the other hand, how many tokens would you need to purchase it?

Cheers.

wil72

#484 avvakum

avvakum

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,655 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 03:04

Love your "flow chart", vak

Like all but the ladder.... 

Also, do you believe Prestige should remain in the mix?  And what about a successful defense?  What does that get?

well, there should be some place where to regain PvP levels if you are below lvl 5 and can't hit anyone for gold or accept bounties. It should take more time and resources, so PvP ladder fits that purpose. 

They can change Prestige to an additional PvP XP boost. 

Suggest about successful defense. 

#485 avvakum

avvakum

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,655 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 03:10

just a question  to make something clear.  You do not have to clear a bounty... it is the number of hits correct?

Clearing bounties with 10 stam.: 10 bounties x 10 kills = 100 bounty awards x 1% = 100% => 1 PvP level

Smashing: 2-3 bounties x 10 kills = 20-30 bounty awards x 1% = 20-30% + 20-30 victories using 100 stam. x 3% = 80-120% of PvP level

#486 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,282 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 22 October 2014 - 03:28

well, there should be some place where to regain PvP levels if you are below lvl 5 and can't hit anyone for gold or accept bounties. It should take more time and resources, so PvP ladder fits that purpose. 

They can change Prestige to an additional PvP XP boost. 

Suggest about successful defense. 

Shouldn't be a level restriction for bounty hunting, and for gold theft, it shouldn't be prohibited, just limited in the percentage range of the amount of gold taken (by level, excluding MT)

Prestige should remain as it is, it's not broken... 

Successful defends, IMO, should of course get Prowess,  and a bit of gold to boot.  My thought is that Prestige should also be rewarded.   

Just one old lady's opinion

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

Have you hugged your Quango lately?

#487 avvakum

avvakum

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,655 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 04:44

Shouldn't be a level restriction for bounty hunting, and for gold theft, it shouldn't be prohibited, just limited in the percentage range of the amount of gold taken (by level, excluding MT)

For each 5 PvP levels you will get 1 additional attack for gold or 1 bounty accept in 48 hours, you will care about your PvP levels a LOT and think twice before hitting for nothing. Also, it gives your target's guildmates/friends/allies a weapon to discourage you to the point you won't be able to hit frequently. *With the system like that XP loss actually could stay.

For instance:

Penny's current PvP level would be: 9,297 x 1% + 784 x 3% + 360 (?) x 5% = 13449% = 134 lvl or 26 (bounty accepts+gold hits) in a period of 48 hours. 

#488 Toreth

Toreth

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts
  • Badge

Posted 22 October 2014 - 04:52

For each 5 PvP levels you will get 1 additional attack for gold or 1 bounty accept in 48 hours, you will care about your PvP levels a LOT and think twice before hitting for nothing. Also, it gives your target's guildmates/friends/allies a weapon to discourage you to the point you won't be able to hit frequently. *With the system like that XP loss actually could stay.

For instance:

Penny's current PvP level would be: 9,297 x 1% + 784 x 3% + 360 (?) x 5% = 13449% = 134 lvl or 26 (bounty accepts+gold hits) in a period of 48 hours. 

Okay. Sorry for being an idiot, here, but where did the numbers come from? I'm trying to follow along.

#489 Rasputin

Rasputin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 400 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 04:58

Okay. Sorry for being an idiot, here, but where did the numbers come from? I'm trying to follow along.

ce3fe6767b38c10c0f0be329d81889b4.gif

Rasputin17.jpg 

#490 avvakum

avvakum

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,655 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 05:00

The Diamond level of 4 medals - http://forums.hunted...-24#entry895545

but of course these should be at least x 5 times

Edited by avvakum, 22 October 2014 - 05:01.

#491 avvakum

avvakum

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,655 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 08:31

Updated:

pvp.png

Edited by avvakum, 22 October 2014 - 08:35.

#492 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,282 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 09:48

I'm thinking the base number (9297) came from my current points on the bounty master ladder, at least at the time of his post.  Then,  09:00 ST this morning, as I bounty hunted yesterday, that number increased... And, no, I'm not sure, nor do I know what the connection would be there...  Vak?

Edited by BadPenny, 22 October 2014 - 09:49.

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

#493 avvakum

avvakum

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,655 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 09:56

I'm thinking the base number (9297) came from my current points on the bounty master ladder, at least at the time of his post.  Then,  09:00 ST this morning, as I bounty hunted yesterday, that number increased... And, no, I'm not sure, nor do I know what the connection would be there...  Vak?

I am just playing with numbers. Come on, this is a brainstorming session!

#494 avvakum

avvakum

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,655 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 11:25

Prestige should remain as it is, it's not broken... 

If it's not broken, then it's not broken. When the "risk" is at stake, Prestige or other rewards are not that important imho.

You should take the risk with something that is important in your gameplay and cost you a lot of your time and resources. The higher the risk (to lose more than you can gain), the faster progression should be, for example, Smashing on 3 bounties (30 x 100stam) will give you 5 PvP levels, but the risk is to lose 15 PvP levels. Clearing the bounties is a risk, but it's very unlikely that you will be delevelled for that, so low/medium risk - 10 bounties x 10 kills x 10 stamina to earn 5 PvP levels. The PvP Ladder could be a place where to earn your 5 PvP levels by 100stamming others, hitting through Deflect every hour all day long. But if you just stay there doing nothing, you will be losing PvP XP/lvl, so eventually you won't be able to bounty hunt or hit for gold. The risk is to lose some PvP XP, so gaining PvP levels on the PvP Ladder should be a long process. So, 3 different Risk/Return activities.

#495 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,282 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 14:09

That prestige I take great pains to obtain, and, yes, even make sacrifices and put myself at risk for, is extremely important to me.  The way it is set up now works well.... As I say, it should remain as it is, a means to a leveling buff, if nothing else to remain a bridge between the two EQUALLY IMPORTANT parts of the game.

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

#496 avvakum

avvakum

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,655 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 17:57

I see the PvP level gain but what does that give? Mention of tokens per PvP level but what will they buy? New gear, buffs and potions?

Could tokens be used like level up points to gain new buffs? If so, what could they be? Thoughts?

If tokens could be used to purchase new potions, what should they be? Thoughts?

And gear, new gear, never seen before gear. Should it be PvP level gained that allows you access to new sets or should new sets be bought with tokens? What PvP level would you have to gain to be able to get a "new" lvl 2000 PvP set? And on the other hand, how many tokens would you need to purchase it?

Cheers.

wil72

Some new type of gear - custom, socketed PvP items/sets (bound, can't be used in the PvP Arena). Tokens could be used to upgrade your PvP gear as you "level up".  

#497 wil72

wil72

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,554 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 23:03

Some new type of gear - custom, socketed PvP items/sets (bound, can't be used in the PvP Arena). Tokens could be used to upgrade your PvP gear as you "level up".  

What about upgrading existing, owned pvp gear? Couldn't tokens and pvp levels gained allow this? Kinda like a "special" hell forge. Takes out the "new gear" element. Which could be something else to delay this implementation.

Cheers.

wil72

#498 Trailman

Trailman

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 295 posts

Posted 23 October 2014 - 01:20

About the PvPxp rewards

Potions are what we used to refer to as consumables use then they are gone in a very limited amount of time

Gear on the other hand is not. My opinion is that I am not adverse to gear being a reward but if so it needs to be crystal and have a very low durability rating so it is broken in a very reasonable amount of time. I also agree it needs to be bound to the person that invents it.

2320275.png

#499 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,282 posts

Posted 23 October 2014 - 02:15

What about upgrading existing, owned pvp gear? Couldn't tokens and pvp levels gained allow this? Kinda like a "special" hell forge. Takes out the "new gear" element. Which could be something else to delay this implementation.

Cheers.

wil72

Excellent concept

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

#500 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,282 posts

Posted 23 October 2014 - 02:17

About the PvPxp rewards

Potions are what we used to refer to as consumables use then they are gone in a very limited amount of time

Gear on the other hand is not. My opinion is that I am not adverse to gear being a reward but if so it needs to be crystal and have a very low durability rating so it is broken in a very reasonable amount of time. I also agree it needs to be bound to the person that invents it.

Maybe not crystal... Penny goes through the crystal, it would be mightily, mightily costly for an avid PvPer.

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: