Can we disband the INACTIVE Guilds in the Top 250 please?

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

Poll: Options to update the Top 250 Guilds. (32 member(s) have cast votes)

Options to update the Top 250 Guilds.

1. Disband Inactive Guilds? (19 votes [46.34%])

Percentage of vote: 46.34%

2. Remove the XP lock from the game completely? (7 votes [17.07%])

Percentage of vote: 17.07%

3. No! (15 votes [36.59%])

Percentage of vote: 36.59%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 fs_arinium

fs_arinium
  • Guests

Posted 02 October 2007 - 22:56

I was just browsing the Top 250 Guilds, and I came accross at least 15 (did not check them all) that were inactive..

And I mean completely inactive, with ALL members having "Inactive Accounts" and the Guild XP just being what was locked when the Guild was alive.

I suggest that ALL inactive Guilds are disbanded (so no need to delete inactive players).

This could probably also be said for the Rising Stars list etc. which seems to have the same problem.

Come to think of it.. lets just get rid of the XP lock altogether, it has no use for ACTIVE Guilds anyway, then there would be no need to to disband the Guilds I speak of above, as they would automatically fall down the Ranks and out of the Top 250!

Please Vote/Post.. thanks! :D

#2 fs_dapredator

fs_dapredator
  • Guests

Posted 03 October 2007 - 00:01

what point is there, just go past them, shouldn't be hard to catch a non-moving object

#3 fs_arinium

fs_arinium
  • Guests

Posted 03 October 2007 - 00:29

what point is there, just go past them, shouldn't be hard to catch a non-moving object

But it will be a TRUE Top 250 list if the inactive Guilds are gone, not a billy bulls**t one :wink:

#4 fs_floss

fs_floss
  • Guests

Posted 03 October 2007 - 05:21

I like the Idea.....

#5 fs_dapredator

fs_dapredator
  • Guests

Posted 03 October 2007 - 06:07

15 out of 250, is there really any point, they are still a more experienced guild compared to some others, and that will change if they are passed by enough guilds to push them down, they earned the spot, and people have to take it from them

#6 fs_tawniteamo

fs_tawniteamo
  • Guests

Posted 03 October 2007 - 06:10

15 out of 250, is there really any point, they are still a more experienced guild compared to some others, and that will change if they are passed by enough guilds to push them down, they earned the spot, and people have to take it from them

they are inactive, no longer care, and disrupts the curve of the true active guilds playing the game

#7 fs_phool

fs_phool
  • Guests

Posted 03 October 2007 - 06:18

I agree with DAP - and who's to say they won't come out of retirement sometime. Its happened before...

#8 fs_tawniteamo

fs_tawniteamo
  • Guests

Posted 03 October 2007 - 06:24

I agree with DAP - and who's to say they won't come out of retirement sometime. Its happened before...

an entire guild? coming out of retirement? thats stretching the range of probability a bit far imo

#9 fs_phool

fs_phool
  • Guests

Posted 03 October 2007 - 06:33

an entire guild? coming out of retirement? thats stretching the range of probability a bit far imo

Would only take the leader to come out of retirement and start recruiting again... But what's the problem with old retired guilds still having their place in the hall of honour so to speak? As DAP said, they earned their spots - let the new guilds earn theirs too...

#10 fs_coyotik

fs_coyotik
  • Guests

Posted 03 October 2007 - 06:35

I was just browsing the Top 250 Guilds, and I came accross at least 15 (did not check them all) that were inactive..

And I mean completely inactive, with ALL members having "Inactive Accounts" and the Guild XP just being what was locked when the Guild was alive.

I suggest that ALL inactive Guilds are disbanded (so no need to delete inactive players).

This could probably also be said for the Rising Stars list etc. which seems to have the same problem.

Come to think of it.. lets just get rid of the XP lock altogether, it has no use for ACTIVE Guilds anyway, then there would be no need to to disband the Guilds I speak of above, as they would automatically fall down the Ranks and out of the Top 250!

Please Vote/Post.. thanks! :D

No way IMHO. All the top250 lists are a place where the achievements are recorded. Just because Baine no longer actively plays (and it does not MATTER whether he logs in or not), it doesn't make him any less successful bounty hunter, he fully deserves his no. 5 spot and many people remember when he was no. 1 :).

Even if there wasn't the remote possibility of some/all members coming back, I would have voted No.

#11 fs_aurynne

fs_aurynne
  • Guests

Posted 03 October 2007 - 06:37

I agree with DaP too, however I believe it might be a nice touch if there were an unofficial, or even an official place where the top 250 ALL ACTIVE guilds can be recognized

#12 fs_chilon

fs_chilon
  • Guests

Posted 03 October 2007 - 09:17

If a guild truly has 100% inactive players, then I would like to see the XP lock removed from it. If its members have enough contributed XP to hold their spot on the top 250 list, then they deserve it. If so many people have left the guild that in needs the XP lock to stay on the list, then it no longer deserves to be there.

Chilon

#13 fs_aurynne

fs_aurynne
  • Guests

Posted 03 October 2007 - 14:03

actually thats a good point... hmmm

#14 fs_faebie

fs_faebie
  • Guests

Posted 03 October 2007 - 19:35

what some fail to understand is that inactive guilds and or players take up bandwith on any server thus creating lag because those servers must load all the inactives still in the game and taking up unused space clear the inactives out and server lag improves thus increasing speed

yes

#15 fs_krypkill

fs_krypkill
  • Guests

Posted 03 October 2007 - 19:47

Not sure how it would effect the rising stars, only difference it will make really is letting people score a few extra ranks as they pass the inactives.. Maybe if there are really dense packs of inactives at some points it would imbalance the scores, but I doubt the effect would be huge.

Come to think of it.. lets just get rid of the XP lock altogether, it has no use for ACTIVE Guilds anyway

It is a possibilty. I thought the XP lock was going to be a real lock, not an illusion where real XP drops below the lock. That renders it fairly pointless for anything other than keeping dead guilds on the board.

However, I agree with DaPredator in that they have earned the rank and the XP, there is no justification for stripping what they have earned so a couple of younger guilds can have an easier ride.

I personally don't really worry too much about inactives they don't move, speak, pvp steal or buy things so I find them pretty unobtrusive. However if removing the inactives could improve server speed, as ghst says, I would like to see it done. Lag is the biggest irritation for me on FS.

#16 fs_arinium

fs_arinium
  • Guests

Posted 03 October 2007 - 19:57

I understand everyones opinion on the fact that Inactive Guilds in the Top 250 had earned the right to be there in their glory days, so maybe if the XP lock was just removed from the game.. Then the TRUE & CURRENT Guild XP would determine their standing?

After all, if a Guild has say 3 inactive players in it, who have say 3 mill XP between them, and their Guild XP total is 8 million.. surely this is just false information?..

Yes they were a Top Guild who earned it, but they have let their Guild fall into decay, so they should pay the price and drop down the Ranks? :wink:

#17 fs_davidjames

fs_davidjames
  • Guests

Posted 03 October 2007 - 20:01

inactives do not increase lag. lag is caused by site traffic so if a person is inactive they are not causing any lag.

inactive guilds do not move so eventually they will fall off the top 250 list anyway so there is no need to remove them.

#18 fs_arinium

fs_arinium
  • Guests

Posted 03 October 2007 - 20:07

inactives do not increase lag. lag is caused by site traffic so if a person is inactive they are not causing any lag.

inactive guilds do not move so eventually they will fall off the top 250 list anyway so there is no need to remove them.

I know that the inactives dont cause a Lag problem, it was just my opinion that if more ACTIVE Guilds were able to break into the Top 250 quicker, it would give them more of a sense of achievement, and give them more motivation to grow (thus making the game more fun).

My Guild will be Top 250 soon, so it is not a problem for me personally, but I would just like to see more players/guilds who actually still play the game up and about in the Rankings :wink:

But I guess this thread is sort of 50/50 at the moment on this subject, so I doubt this one will go anywhere anywayz, thanks to all that voted and posted their views :D

#19 fs_coyotik

fs_coyotik
  • Guests

Posted 03 October 2007 - 21:20

I know that the inactives dont cause a Lag problem, it was just my opinion that if more ACTIVE Guilds were able to break into the Top 250 quicker, it would give them more of a sense of achievement, and give them more motivation to grow (thus making the game more fun).

Come on, how many fully inactive guilds are there? Do some 20 or 30 spots out of 250 pose a serious threat to the sense of achievement?

#20 fs_arinium

fs_arinium
  • Guests

Posted 03 October 2007 - 21:59

Come on, how many fully inactive guilds are there? Do some 20 or 30 spots out of 250 pose a serious threat to the sense of achievement?

[sarcasm]Yes you are all right, and I am wrong, inactives should stay in the game forever, just incase in 3 years time they log on for 5 minutes, I just realised, I admit defeat.. long live inactives!!! :roll:[sarcasm] :lol:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: