How to Find Third Tier Upgrades

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 gothador_kearn

gothador_kearn
  • Guests

Posted 13 January 2006 - 19:42

Ok, here's how you find anything in Terida, its time consuming, but it gets the job done. Old Timers, a warning, this is written for people who have not done this type of thing before. And a quick update to provide what the Locations Look Like in order to make it easier:

The Transcendant : Golden flame blazes upon the pedestal.
The Greater Demon : Red flame blazes upon the pedestal.
The Necromancer : Silver flame blazes upon the pedestal.
The Dark Elf : Violet flame blazes upon the pedestal.
The Warlord : Blue flame blazes upon the pedestal.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Go into the realm, Teleport to location 5,5 and Detect nearest quest.

You're bound to find the ones that are stationary, so have the GoW opened up to the Locations Page, and choose Terida, and choose the Quest Locations drop down. Should solve some of your woes.

If you detect something that is not stationary, then Use Sight to See what it is, if its the one you are looking for, you are done, if its not, post the location on that thread or give it to a cultie that may need it. (If you detect something not listed in GoW, leave them a message to update stuff ;) )

Now, lets say you don't find it in one shot (who'd have guessed :lol: ). This is how I comb the realm and it has never failed me.

Starting from 5,5 move across the top of the grid in segments of 25 and keep using detect at every jump.

To make things easy I use these coordinates: (25,5), Detect, (50,5), Detect, (75,5), Detect, (100,5),... all the way to (499,5). Now you've combed the top, and probably found 1 or 2 locations. And with Sight you don't even have to go to the spot, just sight it and wait for the graphic.

Now you have to round the bend and head down the right side of the realm: (495,25), (495,50), (495,75), .... all the way to (499,499). Dont forget to Detect at every jump.

Bam, thats another side of the realm out of the way. Maybe you found another location... maybe not....

Assuming not, You go across the bottom: (475,495), (450,495), (425,495), ... all the way to (0,499) Detecting all the way.

I'm willing to bet you've found it by this point, but lets say its a toughie and buried away in the realm. Crawl back up the left side: (5,475), (5,450), (5,425), ... yadda yadda, back up to (0,0).

This is where there's a tiny chance you haven't found it, so you move in and do a Smaller circle. Move in by 25 squares and do a smaller radius of search.

Here's what I mean: (25,25), (50,25), (75,25), ... to (475,25)
Then: (475,50), (475,75), (475,100), ... to (475,475)
Then: (450,475), (425,475), (400,475), ... to (25,475)
Then: (25,450), (25,425), (25,400), ... to (25,25).

Congratulations, You've just done a tighter perimeter.

Pretend you still didn't find it, move in another 25 squares closer to center of the realm:

First: (50,50), (75,50), ... to (450,50)
Down: (450,75), (450,100), ... to (450,450)
Across: (425,450), (400,450), ... to (50,450)
Back up: (50,425), (50,400), ... to (50,50)

I swear to god in heaven you'll have found it by now!

But for some sick reason you haven't, keep doing tighter and tighter perimeters. I think you get the idea ;-)

By the by, this technique works well for finding any moving location in the game.

This has been Kearn's guide to systematically finding all moving crap.

~Kearn
Angelic Deathlord of the Beltaine Blade

#2 gothador_gmbh

gothador_gmbh
  • Guests

Posted 14 January 2006 - 02:40

very good plan Kearn, but I'd do one thing differently. as you scout the perimeter, write down each location. if you still haven't found it by the time you search the perimeter, then write them out on a piece of paper, then go to the biggest gaps and go directly between each point on your map. if you can't visualize it, add the x coordinates and divide by 2, same with the y's, and you'll have your in-between point to search from. Guaranteed you'll find it doing it that way.

nice job though Kearn, and probably useful to a lot of people.

#3 gothador_burtonx

gothador_burtonx
  • Guests

Posted 14 January 2006 - 05:11

Definitely a useful little guide to finding the locations.

Usually when someone in TR needs to find one of them, I send my Transcendant Mage up there and basically scout locations the exact same way.

I always end up finding them. Take his advice it really works :wink:

#4 gothador_daimon

gothador_daimon
  • Guests

Posted 14 January 2006 - 05:17

whats wrong with old fashioned just randomly going to wierd coordinates and then teleporting to each found location.....???

<<-- does it this way each and every time so he can get teleport level up

#5 gothador_kearn

gothador_kearn
  • Guests

Posted 15 January 2006 - 05:22

Good Addition G! That would be for advanced location finders ;-), I teach that course in spring semester, lol.

Just an afterthought, when trying to find moving anything in Gothador proper, I do my teleports in smaller chunks, because Goth is jam packed with locations. 10 to 15 does the trick rather well ;)

~Kearn

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: