Photo

Secured, but still alive Titans ...

• Please log in to reply
80 replies to this topic

Poll: Should this be implemented ? (30 member(s) have cast votes)

Should this be implemented ?

1. Voted Yes, if they secure, they kill or lose it (13 votes [43.33%])

Percentage of vote: 43.33%

2. Voted Yes, but needs a tweak or two (3 votes [10.00%])

Percentage of vote: 10.00%

3. Voted I don't care .. (4 votes [13.33%])

Percentage of vote: 13.33%

4. Voted No, but something needs changing (4 votes [13.33%])

Percentage of vote: 13.33%

5. Voted No, end of. (6 votes [20.00%])

Percentage of vote: 20.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 DragonLord

DragonLord

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,081 posts
  • Australia

Posted 16 May 2011 - 00:23

There's been some discussion lately on the forums about this, so thought I'd throw my suggestion open to a poll (and, foolishly, hope that the cows may read it, comment on it, act upon it ..)

Here's the proposal / suggestion I made in a different thread ..

If a titan is still alive, but secured, after 2 weeks, then the securing guild should be sent a reminder. They are then given a further week to "polish it off" and if they chose not to do so, they lose their "investment" (i.e. the kills - and stamina spent - to get the secure)

This will prevent guilds rushing to a secure, and then complaining that no-one else will finish off the job for them :)

#2 evilbry

evilbry

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,172 posts
  • New Zealand

Posted 16 May 2011 - 00:34

2 weeks is more than fine, gives a guild time to sit back and hope someone cleans up and then plent of time for them to clean up if they need to.

#3 Willow34

Willow34

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 87 posts

Posted 16 May 2011 - 00:56

I don't think polls are functioning on the forums right now. They don't let you vote.

#4 Denyza

Denyza

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 735 posts
  • Indonesia

Posted 16 May 2011 - 01:11

The way it works now is fine for me.
Gives people with slower connection some chance to build TKP.
Besides, this only happens to Colossus.

LastSignature_zps9cb1e771.jpg

#5 DragonLord

DragonLord

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,081 posts
  • Australia

Posted 16 May 2011 - 01:16

I don't think polls are functioning on the forums right now. They don't let you vote.

Yeah, i noticed that too :(

#6 DragonLord

DragonLord

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,081 posts
  • Australia

Posted 16 May 2011 - 01:17

The way it works now is fine for me.
Gives people with slower connection some chance to build TKP.
Besides, this only happens to Colossus.

Not true :) - the whole debate in the other thread is about the "Guardian of Elements" i think ?

#7 fs_scrogger

fs_scrogger
  • Guests

Posted 16 May 2011 - 01:18

This is a great idea, if a guild wants to secure it than sit back and let others mop up they should be penalized if the mopping up takes longer than 2 weeks. It is a very reasonable solution to a problem that some have made a joke out of.

#8 dory364

dory364

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 996 posts

Posted 16 May 2011 - 01:53

Was hoping Hoof would of looked at this topic when he posted about the Ultimate Sacrifice Potion. Oh well =S

#9 DragonLord

DragonLord

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,081 posts
  • Australia

Posted 16 May 2011 - 02:31

Was hoping Hoof would of looked at this topic when he posted about the Ultimate Sacrifice Potion. Oh well =S

I was too ... i made the post knowing he was on ... maybe he read it tho and has made a note of it - and maybe pigs will fly LOL.

#10 fs_wesleyao

fs_wesleyao
  • Guests

Posted 16 May 2011 - 06:37

I'd say the Titans last a set amount of time (Depending on the Titan, the length of time is changed)

Kraken would last 12 hours before returning to the deep.

Oggy would last for 24 hours before returning to the abyss.

Skally would last 36 hours before she melts.

Fuv would last 48 hours before the Shadow Lord catches him.

Tsuki would last for 60 hours before the eclipse passes and it leaves this world.

Colossus would last 72 hours before it runs out of power and shuts down.

Guardian would last 84 hours before the power of the elements disperses and he vanishes.

I think this gives PLENTY of time for people to hunt the titans they want while they can but also makes sure that if a guild leaves a titan sitting for too long they don't get anything from it.

Just my idea. Let the hate commence!

PS: The Element Titans don't count as they are needed for quests. Guardian is only there because it IS NOT needed for a quest.

#11 DragonLord

DragonLord

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,081 posts
  • Australia

Posted 16 May 2011 - 06:40

I'd say the Titans last a set amount of time (Depending on the Titan, the length of time is changed)

Kraken would last 12 hours before returning to the deep.

Oggy would last for 24 hours before returning to the abyss.

Skally would last 36 hours before she melts.

Fuv would last 48 hours before the Shadow Lord catches him.

Tsuki would last for 60 hours before the eclipse passes and it leaves this world.

Colossus would last 72 hours before it runs out of power and shuts down.

Guardian would last 84 hours before the power of the elements disperses and he vanishes.

I think this gives PLENTY of time for people to hunt the titans they want while they can but also makes sure that if a guild leaves a titan sitting for too long they don't get anything from it.

Just my idea. Let the hate commence!

PS: The Element Titans don't count as they are needed for quests. Guardian is only there because it IS NOT needed for a quest.

Yup, I like that option too :)

#12 fs_wesleyao

fs_wesleyao
  • Guests

Posted 16 May 2011 - 11:11

I could see that being abused though Law. Bunch of guilds get together and agree that they won't finish the titan until xxx TKP are gained for X guild. Probably wouldn't happen but still, the option IS there.

Plus if it goes on too long you could probably get an epic just from the TKP alone.

#13 Willow34

Willow34

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 87 posts

Posted 16 May 2011 - 11:24

Alternatively:

Have the Titans keep growing, say 200 lives every hour. If your guild gets 51% but then two hours pass, you'd need to get another 201 in order to keep the drop. This gives people a motive to get the Titan finished off. A guild that secured the drop might PAY another guild to go clean up the remaining TKP. It would be cheaper to pay someone to clean up the 49% than do it yourself - if you do it yourself you get no TKP, whereas the mercs you hire would.
That would be fun. People could advertise as Titan cleaners. A whole new FS profession.

I don't have a problem with Titans that never die if they aren't hunted. Let them be out there generating another 200 TKP per hour, which no one gets, of course, until the Titan dies. :)

Initially I really liked the concept behind this. But I think there are benefits, with the lower level titans, to keeping things how they are. On those rare circumstance when there is a lower level titan that has become less competitive or is lasting longer than normal, I put a call out in guild chat letting others know. It is a good time for inexperienced titan hunters to practice, for those with slower connections to join the fun, or those looking to work on their medal-but who aren't focused on it- to join in. Adding lives could actually lead to less TKP opportunities for non-securing guilds. Perhaps if you said this generating 200 TKP per hour started happening 24 hours after the titan had been out, that might be good. But then I'm thinking the Guardian might never be cleared!

We are really only talking about one titan that has this particular issue in this thread. I'm not sure how I feel about making changes because of that one titan. Especially as it has different circumstances (Dark Realm, size of map, etc). I think I'm leaning towards leaving things how they are. If someone wants a new chance to try to secure a win, then finish this one off. If the guild that has it secured wants the item, then finish it off. If no one cares about it at all, then leave it out there. As long as there is no limit to the total number of titans in the world (and I don't think there is), then let interest and value take care of the titans.

#14 grimnok

grimnok

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 917 posts

Posted 16 May 2011 - 14:57

In the Pre-TKP days, Titans could also sit around for days. The solution then, wasn't to penalize those trying to be efficient with their stamina, and I don't think it's the solution now.

What is the singular best way to encourage any activity in this game? By making it profitable. Make some actual desirable items that can be invented from titan drops. Make some new guild mechanic where you can sacrifice titan drops for some guild reward.

If I really needed the Aether Guardian drop, I'd go finish it. I'm content with waiting as long as it takes, and bring a spotlight to undesirable titans.

#15 fs_sollimaw

fs_sollimaw
  • Guests

Posted 16 May 2011 - 16:56

The original idea was best. If people are whining that no one will finish the titan for them, just make them lose all their kills after 2 weeks.

Done.

#16 lordthade

lordthade

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 529 posts

Posted 16 May 2011 - 18:17

Let them sit there. As long as they're NOT re-spawning, the titans (and their gear) maintain some of their value.

TKP provides a slight incentive to finish off titans on the off chance that your guild might want to actually hunt something at its next spawn.

At WORST, I can see the logic of if the titan last more than a week (for instance) then ALL TKP and the drop are lost. Though, I wouldn't actually want this, I think it's understandable.

#17 DaleJunior

DaleJunior

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,563 posts

Posted 16 May 2011 - 21:56

I don't really see why they should change the system. If a guild wants to rush to a secure and then is too lazy or disinterested to finish it off, so be it. They still will not get the reward for their hard spent time and stamina until it's finally done.

What should really be done is that HCS should develop a high level titan with a reward people actually want, as has been suggested by several high level players. HCS was warned about this happening by more than one player once this latest Titan was introduced. There is no sense in changing the whole system when the attractiveness and value of the latest titan Drop is the real issue.

#18 DragonLord

DragonLord

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,081 posts
  • Australia

Posted 16 May 2011 - 23:17

I don't really see why they should change the system. If a guild wants to rush to a secure and then is too lazy or disinterested to finish it off, so be it. They still will not get the reward for their hard spent time and stamina until it's finally done.

What should really be done is that HCS should develop a high level titan with a reward people actually want, as has been suggested by several high level players. HCS was warned about this happening by more than one player once this latest Titan was introduced. There is no sense in changing the whole system when the attractiveness and value of the latest titan Drop is the real issue.

The elemental blazing shield is the best shield (for hunting) from Level 900 until it gets superceded at Level 1076. The item is wanted - well, i'd say it was - and, given the nature of the drop itself, it can be moulded into an Attack shield, a Defence shield, an Armor shield and a Damage shield. That, to me, says WANTED, if nothing else, because of the flexibility you have with it. I just see the problem as being one of a securing guild can't be bothered to finish it off because it will interfere with their profit_vs_investment spreadsheet :).

So, I stick with my original suggestion - if you secure and don't kill, you have a week (after 2 weeks have elapsed) to finish it off, or you lose all the kills and stamina invested, and the titan just walks away, laughing :)

#19 DaleJunior

DaleJunior

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,563 posts

Posted 16 May 2011 - 23:57

The elemental blazing shield is the best shield (for hunting) from Level 900 until it gets superceded at Level 1076. The item is wanted - well, i'd say it was - and, given the nature of the drop itself, it can be moulded into an Attack shield, a Defence shield, an Armor shield and a Damage shield. That, to me, says WANTED, if nothing else, because of the flexibility you have with it. I just see the problem as being one of a securing guild can't be bothered to finish it off because it will interfere with their profit_vs_investment spreadsheet :).

So, I stick with my original suggestion - if you secure and don't kill, you have a week (after 2 weeks have elapsed) to finish it off, or you lose all the kills and stamina invested, and the titan just walks away, laughing :)

I still really don't see the point in changing the rules just because of one titan. If the item really was as "wanted" as you claim it is why aren't people finishing it off rather than letting it sit there for a month? I have yet to hear a logical explanation. Not that I'm ever even going to hunt that titan, but I still fail to see why. I can handle a few complaints from the guild who secures and is too lazy to finish the job. No sense changing all the rules.

#20 shindrak

shindrak

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,957 posts

Posted 17 May 2011 - 00:03

What is the singular best way to encourage any activity in this game? By making it profitable. .

I disagree. It's a GAME not a job. The single best way to encourage activity is to make it FUN.

Seriously, why get so obsessed about making purple dots? They are just a means to an end, not an end themselves. What's the point of getting rich, buying stam, power-leveling to EOC and then bitching about how boring leveling is or how long its been since the last new content ?

I'm here to have fun. Doing something profitable is my RL activity. Titan huntin is fun, or can be. I hate getting a drop because no one else came out to hunt -- we've seen too much of that lately. I loved the last Ogalith we hunted -- finished second, but fought hard against FFS to do it. I'd do that again in a heartbeat, except I'm trying to level to 720 right now so I can add a couple more Titans to the list of ones I've hunted (gotta catch 'em all!)

The profit-is-everything attitude is a game-killer in my opinion.

Then make epics nontradable ? :)

I disagree on ur situation...
When u win u should earn a *prize(profit)* this is make fun... No need to compare it with RL Job ...
But when you win in some sport u get a fun and prize...

I don't think u will keep hunting titan if its not getting u fsps to buy stamina and hunt it more ;)

So If u just looking for some fun u can just play flash games :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: