#41 DomCorvis

DomCorvis

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 670 posts
  • Badge

Posted 24 July 2015 - 15:02

ive got 10k stam and NO global pots....yet im top 30 crystal league..,.,i dont see it as impossible to,compete....and after all its still qualifying rounds...hits will slow down during the actual seasons(i presume)

RealmOfTheDead_zps1e8fa1f1.png

#42 johnagod

johnagod

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 775 posts
  • Badge

Posted 24 July 2015 - 15:09

PLEASE do something about the constant attacking from the same player!

There have been certain players that have attacked me 10 times in the space of half an hour just because I came up as a target for them. I know I haven't lost XP or durability but I'm quickly going down in rank because of the spam hitting from the same people.

Make it so you can only attack a certain person once every 1 or 2 hours. The current system allows anyone with a large amount of stamina to quickly soar to the top of the leagues because they're hitting the same targets over and over. Once again, another part of the game that whoever has the most stamina, wins!!!!

Same with global events. 30k stamina = guaranteed top 100 spot. Less than that = no point in trying. There's no skill involved.

#43 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 24 July 2015 - 15:14

Please someone explain to me the necessity for opt out. What are you losing for being opted in? XP no, durability no? I believe the only thing you can take away from pvp now is stamina usage. Opt out just lessens the playing field. I want to hear someones argument that's adamant about having opt in and opt out. Also add back xp loss/durability loss then... Believe its a fair trade.

Edited by EpicPiety, 24 July 2015 - 15:19.

#44 Removed20081

Removed20081

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 191 posts

Posted 24 July 2015 - 15:15

The Bounty system is working as intended, yes.

With all due respect Grim, that didn't really answer the question, what Calista is asking is how many potential bounties can an attacker garner for a single hit? There are people that haven't attacked players for days and are still having those said players add gold for seemingly further bounties (after the perp has been initially bountied for the attack.)

It seems very strange, is double jeopardy a part of this new system? Or are we missing something?

#45 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,805 posts
  • Badge

Posted 24 July 2015 - 15:19

PLEASE do something about the constant attacking from the same player!

We won't make any further code changes before the weekend but we'll review the targeting early next week.

What Calista is asking is how many potential bounties can an attacker garner for a single hit?

Zorg explainied it fully here :

https://forums.hunte...and-the-new-bb/

#46 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 24 July 2015 - 15:20

We won't make any further code changes before the weekend but we'll review the targeting early next week.

I literally hit the same 5 people for about 200 hits when i got far into crystal 

#47 Removed20081

Removed20081

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 191 posts

Posted 24 July 2015 - 15:23

Missed that thread, thanks for the link, that clears it up nicely I think.

And thanks for the opt out, never was a fan of rated PvP, glad to be given the option to stay away from it again. Still enjoying the new bounty board, as much as I protested against it, lol.

Edited by Blacky, 24 July 2015 - 15:29.

#48 Kedyn

Kedyn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 698 posts
  • Badge
  • United States of America

Posted 24 July 2015 - 15:26

This is disappointing to hear. I literally have had 6 players hit me over 70 times overnight. Most of which were once buffs fell. The hits were every few minutes, which meant that my name was solely coming up for them to hit over and over. I doubt they were "skipping" over names to hit just me. That means 1 of 2 things - 1) The lookup function isn't working properly or 2) you need to have a cooldown on how quickly you can hit osmeone.

By saying you don't want to make any coding changes, that means you want your weekend to start, and not have to worry about the update you made. I guess I can wait for another 3 days and then just go on a 200 hit streak on players every 1-2 minutes whenever I"m fully buffed.

#49 DorkLord

DorkLord

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 24 July 2015 - 15:28

Please someone explain to me the necessity for opt out. What are you losing for being opted in? XP no, durability no? I believe the only thing you can take away from pvp now is stamina usage. Opt out just lessens the playing field. I want to hear someones argument that's adamant about having opt in and opt out. Also add back xp loss/durability loss then... Believe its a fair trade.

When you're in the mix and being hit constantly through random matches, you can't hunt, make guild deposits, or do anything with gold. I hunted last night and lost 400K gold from a rated attack. With unrated attacks, sure I expect to be a target when I've got some gold on hand, but when you get hit every 2 minutes, you just can't get rid of it fast enough. I did try the Seasons and I opted out. I see no skill involved, no challenge, and there's no appeal to me.

#50 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,805 posts
  • Badge

Posted 24 July 2015 - 15:28

I literally have had 6 players hit me over 70 times overnight.

This was already changed earlier today with this update so please give it a try now.

#51 DorkLord

DorkLord

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 24 July 2015 - 15:29

Wow - multi-post glitch.

Edited by DorkLord, 24 July 2015 - 15:34.

#52 Kedyn

Kedyn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 698 posts
  • Badge

Posted 24 July 2015 - 15:29

This was already changed earlier today with this update so please give it a try now.

I can show you the logs of another 2 invidividuals hitting me about 5 times each in a matter of 20 minutes. They lost a lot of the fights, since I was buffed, but it's still an issue. 

log_3.gif 15:00 24/Jul/2015 You were victorious over Player1 in combat. (Rated Combat)  

log_3.gif 14:33 24/Jul/2015 You were victorious over Player1 in combat. [(Rated Combat)

log_3.gif 13:58 24/Jul/2015 You were victorious over Player2 in combat. (Rated Combat)  

log_3.gif 13:47 24/Jul/2015 You were victorious over Player2 in combat. (Rated Combat)  

log_3.gif 13:41 24/Jul/2015 You were victorious over Player2 in combat.(Rated Combat)  

log_3.gif 13:39 24/Jul/2015 You were victorious over Player2 in combat. (Rated Combat)  

log_3.gif 13:35 24/Jul/2015 You were victorious over Player2 in combat.  (Rated Combat)

Edit: Added and updated formatting of logs. Also - these were all defense wins. Luckily, between the 13:58 and 14:33, the update was made to fix the bug of defense wins helping your ranking.

Edited by Kedyn, 24 July 2015 - 15:33.

#53 ALEX1977

ALEX1977

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
  • Venezuela

Posted 24 July 2015 - 15:32

HEY !!!

Big Big +1 +1 +1

Thanx for implementing the Opt out .... now is not a bad idea to BRING BACK THE XP loss to the PvP Season like PvPers wanted so much .... 

Cheers !!! 

:ph34r:

#54 Subject

Subject

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 575 posts

Posted 24 July 2015 - 15:34

Make the Find Players have a Fee ( doesnt have to be a rising Fee ) but that would limit players to farmings Non stop all day long .... Like 15k - 20k per find player ( could be 5 - 10 ) but needs something so players stop farming to get to the top

#55 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,805 posts
  • Badge

Posted 24 July 2015 - 15:34

log_3.gif 13:35 24/Jul/2015 You were victorious over Player2 in combat.  (Rated Combat)

Yes. Those are from BEFORE the update. It's sorted now.

#56 mimdala

mimdala

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 390 posts

Posted 24 July 2015 - 15:35

Thank you for the opt-out. But please return XP loss for rated attacks. Now that there is an opt-out, people who hate XP loss can get away from it, meaning 0 XP loss on rated attacks is no longer necessary.

This is coming from a leveler and non-pvper :)

mimdala_zps719aa5bc.png

#57 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 24 July 2015 - 15:44

When you're in the mix and being hit constantly through random matches, you can't hunt, make guild deposits, or do anything with gold. I hunted last night and lost 400K gold from a rated attack. With unrated attacks, sure I expect to be a target when I've got some gold on hand, but when you get hit every 2 minutes, you just can't get rid of it fast enough. I did try the Seasons and I opted out. I see no skill involved, no challenge, and there's no appeal to me.

You also realize it was the first day right? 

#58 Tastria

Tastria

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 513 posts

Posted 24 July 2015 - 15:45

Thanks for the opt out.

Before I did it though, I tried the "Pick Target" button, just to see what would happen.  Up pops one of my allies who is 200 levels below me :o

I know that more fine tuning is in the works, but truthfully, I'm not sure how adept those hooves will be.

#59 Kedyn

Kedyn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 698 posts
  • Badge

Posted 24 July 2015 - 15:46

Yes. Those are from BEFORE the update. It's sorted now.

Okay - thanks Grim. I just know that there was an update Hoof discussed on the other thread where Zorg had made an adjustment, which didn't seem to change anything. Then Zorg mentioned that he fixed the bug regarding the defense gold and defending wins. 

We weren't told there was another update regarding the filtering of players. However, please consider adding a cooldown between hits in PVP just like there was prior to this PVP update in general.

#60 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,805 posts
  • Badge

Posted 24 July 2015 - 15:53

We weren't told there was another update regarding the filtering of players.

That's in this update. In the first post.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: