Photo

PvP Seasons Rewards. Thoughts and desires please.

• Please log in to reply
283 replies to this topic

#21 Melissa3

Melissa3

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 199 posts

Posted 28 July 2015 - 12:49

Bug - Find Player (Free)

^ That was showing, but when I clicked find player it gave a responce of - you do not have enough gold :P

Yes.  Find player free costs you gold.  Im not sure how long this has been happening but it definitely  happened to me.

Edited by Melissa3, 28 July 2015 - 12:51.

#22 xXTripleXx

xXTripleXx

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts

Posted 28 July 2015 - 12:55

Constructive Feedback please. Not flaming.

Edited by BigGrim, 28 July 2015 - 13:19.

#23 Saxon

Saxon

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 686 posts

Posted 28 July 2015 - 13:00

Can we have a count down timer on the Season Reset ???

At the top of the PVP Season Page would be helpful.

#24 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,814 posts
  • Badge

Posted 28 July 2015 - 13:19

Yes.  Find player free costs you gold.  Im not sure how long this has been happening but it definitely  happened to me.

Clear your cache. This bug was repaired.

Now, please provide constructive feedback. And stay civil. Not flaming or flame baiting please.

#25 Lahona

Lahona

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 919 posts

Posted 28 July 2015 - 13:27

Seems a good opportunity to introduce some of the ideas from the buffs thread / AH grants buff section.

Anyone recall what Croak will be?  (Just one name I spotted today)

#26 Lahona

Lahona

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 919 posts

Posted 28 July 2015 - 13:33

BTW -- prestige - I don't see having very long durations of prestige as being useful (to most).  Might be better to have a reasonable duration (2 hours?) and allocate multiple prestige pots according to the winning criteria.  Not everyone will hunt for long periods, even in DXP events.

#27 Leos3000

Leos3000

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,034 posts

Posted 28 July 2015 - 13:49

I would rather have prestige vary by level and duration.

Bronze: 5% prestige 30 min duration
Silver: 10% prestige 60 min duration
Gold: 15% prestige 120 min duration
Crystal: 20% prestige 180 min duration.

#28 DALECK

DALECK

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 28 July 2015 - 13:55

Hoof and BigGrim, while I think that inventing gear can be good, I don't think that requiring the old ladder tokens in the recipes is a good idea, lots of people dumped them when you said that they were going to be totally worthless shortly, and others, like myself, never had any to begin with.  And I honestly think that the invented items should be bound, you should only get this new gear, if that is what ends up being a prize, by having competed in, and winning, seasons.  If the gear is too good, and not bound, it will just encourage collusion, and those with the biggest stam banks, most likely eoc's, will dominate the winners list.   

Edited by DALECK, 28 July 2015 - 13:56.

#29 TSDaedalus

TSDaedalus

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 28 July 2015 - 13:59

I'm a leveler. I've learned a ton in the past week or so about PvP in general. That IS some consolation for the decently huge (in my opinion) pile of gold and fsp I've spent so far. But I'd like to see something that can help me make up for lost time.

Also potions, no matter how powerful they are, is a very bad idea, I don't want to see my reward for spending over 10K stam is a potion that will make me powerful for a few hours then I have nothing, so I really dislike the potion idea

I'm not opposed to potions, but I'd like to see multiple smaller potions rather than a single huge potion. The prestige pot is ok, but the duration is ridiculous for someone with 25k max stam.

I think it would encourage more people to play if the rewards aren't bound. If I don't like the rewards, but can go sell them, I'm more likely to participate. If I get something that doesn't fit my playing style AND I'm stuck with it, there's no way I'm going to do another Season, period. However, the value of the reward would need to be decently high to counter those that would buy rather than play.

New PVP enhancement:
Attack Mug: Chance to drain 10% of opponent's attack and add to your attack for the battle if you initiate the combat (PVP only)

Enhancement Negator: Chance to reduce 2 of the opponent's enhancements to 0 for the battle (PVP only)

Awesome ideas! "I will take your attack stat and add it to my own." And I do like the idea of a buff that is like Sealed, but works for enhancements rather than buffs. But I'm nervous about making Seasons rewards ones that just make the good players better. That makes it tougher to break into the upper echelon.

Edited by TSDaedalus, 28 July 2015 - 14:06.

#30 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 28 July 2015 - 14:02

Teleport enhancement...pvp prestige. believe it will keep the seasons active if these 2 must have's were available as prizes.

#31 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 28 July 2015 - 14:18

BTW -- prestige - I don't see having very long durations of prestige as being useful (to most).  Might be better to have a reasonable duration (2 hours?) and allocate multiple prestige pots according to the winning criteria.  Not everyone will hunt for long periods, even in DXP events.

you could get alot more than 2 hours before the change...3-4 hour pots

#32 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 28 July 2015 - 14:25

So of what you suggested in the OP I actually like the PvP items idea but don't like inventing them part, but make them with very good stats, something that would make them super special, enhancements isn't bad too, now for my suggestions, its not only mine, its my and other PvPers suggestions, they just feel hopeless to come to the forums and a lot of them are focusing on retiring now, what about max stam and fsps ? These can help everyone PvPers and no

No max stam never...no fsps never. Very terrible idea IMO. What's listed by the OP is a good guideline for rewards.

• 3JS likes this

#33 tuvok77

tuvok77

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 266 posts

Posted 28 July 2015 - 14:27

A lvl Legendary Ring + Boots Setup Somewhere in the lvl Range from 140-165 giving Stats in Either (Def+Dam Or Def + Attack)

Potions that enhance the Master Thief Enhancement to trigger.

Gloat Potions (lots of these pls).

A Potion that has these skills in it (Force Shield, Last Ditch, Absorb) Suggested Name: Potion of Greater Rebirth

A Potion that has these skills in it (Undermine, Empower, Terrorize) Suggested Name: Potion of Shadow Strenght

You should put up sets for every 75 levels until lvl 300 and then go by the 150 until 1500, and then by 300 :D

Suggested sets type (Thieving, Master Thief enhancements + Def/Dam/Att Gear)

I can only speak for the lower lvls here, But thats what the lvl 100-190 PvP players would like :D

#34 fusionj

fusionj

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 199 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 28 July 2015 - 14:36

Hoof and BigGrim, while I think that inventing gear can be good, I don't think that requiring the old ladder tokens in the recipes is a good idea, lots of people dumped them when you said that they were going to be totally worthless shortly, and others, like myself, never had any to begin with.  And I honestly think that the invented items should be bound, you should only get this new gear, if that is what ends up being a prize, by having competed in, and winning, seasons.  If the gear is too good, and not bound, it will just encourage collusion, and those with the biggest stam banks, most likely eoc's, will dominate the winners list.   

Sigh...this.

No prestige...no titan hunting enhancements. BOUND PVP sets and potions.

If you make this a race to make profit, which is what happens when you make unbound sets, it doesn't encourage more participation over the long haul...it encourages those with the largest stam banks, at the highest levels, with more relic stats, to dominate that portion of the game for a couple of months, until it no longer becomes profitable, and then it turns into a wasteland(see: old pvp ladder).

Make the rewards beneficial to those that want to continue participating in the seasons.

I'm not going into sets as rewards. My level bias would do no good, and HCS has proven pretty competent at creating these(the original pvp sets were really nice...their downfall was what I've noted above).

I would ask that special attention be paid to large level ranges where sets of a particular sort are completely missing(I can't remember the range now, but I remember some time ago, I went looking for a set[say, boots+shield], and couldn't find one that carried armor for like 600 levels...that's silly).

Potions:

Loss multiplier(could also apply to gold) if you succeed on an attack through deflect

Loss multiplier for successful hits on targets a  % higher in level that you

Enhancements:

The ability to tax gold stolen into guild bank(we talked about this years ago, and it never happened)

Edited by fusionj, 28 July 2015 - 14:40.

#35 Corrupted

Corrupted

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 263 posts
  • Dominican Republic

Posted 28 July 2015 - 14:36

For Potions, how about something that extends the duration of the buffs of the user by a certain amount per every victory in Rated Combat?

Doesnt have to be a great amount, but something relevant enough to make it desriable

#36 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 28 July 2015 - 14:38

Sorry i have to totally disagree with you fushion, nothing wrong with profit...Without it you would need to dump a years salary into the game to be a mentionable player.

Edited by EpicPiety, 28 July 2015 - 14:38.

#37 Leos3000

Leos3000

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,034 posts

Posted 28 July 2015 - 14:46

Bound items = play once (I got the reward why would I need it again)

Unbound = ability to sell or give to mates and keep entering.

Potions are different and comsumeable so bound or unbound you keep collecting those.

#38 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,814 posts
  • Badge

Posted 28 July 2015 - 14:47

Hoof and BigGrim, while I think that inventing gear can be good, I don't think that requiring the old ladder tokens in the recipes is a good idea, lots of people dumped them when you said that they were going to be totally worthless shortly, and others, like myself, never had any to begin with.

I have no problem with making the older gear available at a later date but those tokens really ought to be usable. Sure, we're gonna look at using them to buy Bounty tickets as well but I figure they can still get the older gear and give it an additional value boost.

I'm not opposed to potions, but I'd like to see multiple smaller potions rather than a single huge potion.

I'd be looking at rewarding players with multiple potions with medium strength and between 12 and 24 hours duration I think. Getting more powerful by player Rank.

I think it would encourage more people to play if the rewards aren't bound. If I don't like the rewards, but can go sell them, I'm more likely to participate.

As the potions would be through chests, I'd want a choice of potion as mentioned in the first post. This should mean one of them is useful to you. The reward that is used to invent one of the new sets would stay bould but the set item itself would not be, opening the way to sell items if you wish.

#39 matt2269f

matt2269f

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 424 posts

Posted 28 July 2015 - 14:50

i think hcs should steal an idea that already in place somewhere else - the arena and its rewards (dont mean the actual rewards from there lol) but basically have a store to shop from -this way it give many options of what can be gotten 

it can have pots // gear /// etc 

an added plus is new stuff can be added as Seasons progresses  

if the new rewards center has a variety of items then it can please any type of player 

if said rewards arent bound then can be sold so players wanting fsp for their efforts can be happy too 

#40 yotwehc

yotwehc

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 28 July 2015 - 14:52

How about some of those new buffs that never got introduced like "artful bandit" and such. Not sure why I'm making that suggestion as I will probably be a target of such buffs. Lol

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: