Photo

PvP Season, How To Make The Titan League Fair.

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

Poll: PvP SEASONS (24 member(s) have cast votes)

SHOULD THIS BE ADDED TO PVP SEASON?

1. YES (8 votes [33.33%])

Percentage of vote: 33.33%

2. NO (13 votes [54.17%])

Percentage of vote: 54.17%

3. THE TITAN LEAGUE IS FINE HOW IT IS (3 votes [12.50%])

Percentage of vote: 12.50%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 03 August 2015 - 20:00

Let me start out by saying I think this change is on the right track, it still needs some adjustments, but has potential.

I would rather everyone who makes it to titan league have a fair chance, but still have to beat every single opponent regardless of level, as the idea is to see who is the Top PVPer.

1 Possible Solution is to have the Titan league as follows:

-Everyone in Titan League is given the same restrictions for Gear. What does this mean? You will have a profile page for Rated PvP. This would be modeled exactly after our profile page currently. When you press find player, The profile that shows up will be your Rated PvP Profile. You are able to click and view and look at stats etc. At the very begging of the league you get a Message saying "Congratulations for qualifying for the Titan League, This round PvP Season Level is ???? and Below"

-For Rated Attacks NO MATTER what level you are you are able to equip gear up to the Max level of the league. This would only be allowed for people in the Titan League. (probably should also have some kind of Min level required to qualify for titan maybe level 100)

Credit:

Leos3000 - 75%

EpicPiety - 25%

Edited by EpicPiety, 03 August 2015 - 21:54.

#2 gilby90813

gilby90813

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 434 posts

Posted 03 August 2015 - 20:38

that works stops this complaining even though i think higher level players deserve it

#3 fusionj

fusionj

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 199 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 03 August 2015 - 20:39

It's a good idea, in theory, but is only a possibility to those in guilds with large item stores. Smaller guild players will be screwed on finding and using sets.

#4 gilby90813

gilby90813

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 434 posts

Posted 03 August 2015 - 20:45

It's a good idea, in theory, but is only a possibility to those in guilds with large item stores. Smaller guild players will be screwed on finding and using sets.

does everything have to be given to everyone cant people work towards something... most gear under level 1k u can get all 9 peices for less 100 fsp, 200 tops if you are fancy

#5 dobbs

dobbs

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 03 August 2015 - 20:46

Even that i am not a pvp player it looks good and maby a better challenge / competition between the players 

Even that i am not a pvp player it looks good and maby a better challenge / competition between the players 

#6 Glaucous

Glaucous

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 03 August 2015 - 20:47

I chose to stop leveling in the 600's why should i be forced to buy EOC gear to PvP? i like the idea i really do i appreciate the effort. but i should not have to compeat with EOC players period. if i wanted to i  would level. 

#7 fusionj

fusionj

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 199 posts

Posted 03 August 2015 - 20:47

does everything have to be given to everyone cant people work towards something... most gear under level 1k u can get all 9 peices for less 100 fsp, 200 tops if you are fancy

That's not "working toward something"...it's asking someone to spend a fair amount of money every two weeks to compete. And fine, 100 dots covers one set...but anyone who's spent any time in pvp knows that one set won't win you a competitive ladder.

It's not a realistic idea. Sorry.

#8 gilby90813

gilby90813

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 434 posts

Posted 03 August 2015 - 20:55

i haven't spent any money on the game i made a few decent upgrades. i played probably 3 years total. if someone spends to out compete others its on them. otherwise find a way to compete with the big boys. you don't need all the fancy gear find ways be thrifty.  this game is also a business.

Edited by gilby90813, 03 August 2015 - 20:58.

#9 shindrak

shindrak

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,957 posts

Posted 03 August 2015 - 20:57

its pvp not gvg :) most of pvpers have their own gears

Edited by shindrak, 03 August 2015 - 20:57.

#10 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 03 August 2015 - 21:11

The point of this is opportunity :)...Not all EoC can do same things as other EoC either. Not all guilds can provide gear etc... Opportunity is key though. HCS agreed that titan league was difficult to get in no matter the level. There were varying levels of difficulty but regardless it was difficult.  If a lower level put in the effort to make it why should they be at a disadvantage to people wielding potentially 5-10x what they can get in stats. Your margin for whats alot of fsps changes as you get to higher levels. I'm going to make an analogy here, disregard the numbers please. If you are eoc and you spent like 1000 fsps in resources in order to make it into titan league when they had 10k. That isn't really that different is it from a non eoc that used like 100 fsps and has 1000 Fsps. Ofcourse their are some very elite lower level players that look at 1k fsps the same as eoc...But you forget there are also a select few elite higher levels that look at 10k the same as normal eoc look at 1k... Fortunately gear is fairly cheap at just about any level so shouldn't be that much of a big deal anyways. All you EoC out there imagine diving into level 600 pvp right now. Would you know what to wear at all no... You are proabably too used to wearing 1 set. And Vise versa...This will very much encourage people who are very good crafting sets and truly understand the art of pvp and discourage all else. It will discourage all else that don't want to learn, that don't want to adapt. People that just want to take the easy way our and have things handed to them by sitting in 1 set. If you are able to adapt to every single level range in FS and consecutively place high you can truly call yourself a PvPer.

Guy's who are voting no can you please provide some criticism, feedback, anything...I don't care what it is i'm just interested in why you say no. This idea is still somewhat in its early development form. I believe if you provide me with why you dislike the idea it can help formulate things into the system that i did not think about. If you believe it is fair explain why if you don't explain why. Love the feedback i've been getting so far. Just want some of you no'ers to chime in as well to grow the conversation.

Edited by EpicPiety, 03 August 2015 - 21:58.

#11 fusionj

fusionj

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 199 posts

Posted 03 August 2015 - 22:42

its pvp not gvg :) most of pvpers have their own gears

Most pvpers have their own gear for the level they pvp at - or at the most levels they'll be hunting into soon. They don't keep a bp full of pvp gear for every level range in the game. Nevermind the fsp cost to attain the gear - think of the bp capacity to hold it all.

HCS agreed that titan league was difficult to get in no matter the level. There were varying levels of difficulty but regardless it was difficult.

No it wasn't. All it cost was stam and time. There was no challenge to making titan league. If you already had the stam to burn, it took very little effort.

Look, what you're asking people to do is have access to every set in the game, at any given point in time. The scenario goes like this:

"Oh, the range for the upcoming season(which is only two weeks long) is 1900-2200, but I'm only level 600. I'll go buy enough sets(because it takes more than one set to win a ladder against people that regularly pvp at that range, and have multiple sets with which to defend/attack), and see how I do."

The season ends

"Now I have 30 pieces of gear which are going to sell for very little, not what I paid for them, surely(because the league range that week drove the prices up on the gear, and now the league is over in that range, the price of the gear plummets[that's called supply and demand, and it rules the prices of every item in the free world - including pixelated ones]), and I have to buy 30 more pieces for the coming 2 week league."

All of which is very easy, IF you're in a large guild with full access to numerous sets(and even then, the largest guilds will occasionally be missing an item, or only have one of a set).

It's a good idea, in theory, but the sheer cost ineffectiveness of it makes it infeasible.

Edit- The suggestion below is a possibility to mitigate the cost issues of your selection. It might also excite some pvp players into leveling, after getting a taste of gear at different levels(as most PVPers will tell you, that's the reason most of us have ever leveled).

Edited by fusionj, 03 August 2015 - 22:55.

#12 Lahona

Lahona

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 919 posts

Posted 03 August 2015 - 22:43

In titan league there could be a gear selection page where players chose from newly designed gear that doesn't have a level, only stats and enhancements.  Level up points would not be counted.  A gear snap shot would be taken once gear is selected and accepted, and this would be players set up until until s/he decided to change it.  Buffs would be player's own selection.

I envision this as being 'virtual gear' so not shown on players profiles (for normal attacks or leveling) but will show on titan attack page, along with the chosen buffs. 

This would put everyone in titan league on the same footing for gear / level.  The skill would be in choosing the gear and enhancements and buffs.

(maybe allocate everyone in titan league with a total stat and allow them to distribute them as they wish?)

#13 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 04 August 2015 - 15:06

In titan league there could be a gear selection page where players chose from newly designed gear that doesn't have a level, only stats and enhancements.  Level up points would not be counted.  A gear snap shot would be taken once gear is selected and accepted, and this would be players set up until until s/he decided to change it.  Buffs would be player's own selection.

I envision this as being 'virtual gear' so not shown on players profiles (for normal attacks or leveling) but will show on titan attack page, along with the chosen buffs. 

This would put everyone in titan league on the same footing for gear / level.  The skill would be in choosing the gear and enhancements and buffs.

(maybe allocate everyone in titan league with a total stat and allow them to distribute them as they wish?)

Oh, now that would be interesting...That i like.

Edited by EpicPiety, 04 August 2015 - 15:06.

#14 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 04 August 2015 - 15:07

Most pvpers have their own gear for the level they pvp at - or at the most levels they'll be hunting into soon. They don't keep a bp full of pvp gear for every level range in the game. Nevermind the fsp cost to attain the gear - think of the bp capacity to hold it all.

No it wasn't. All it cost was stam and time. There was no challenge to making titan league. If you already had the stam to burn, it took very little effort.

Look, what you're asking people to do is have access to every set in the game, at any given point in time. The scenario goes like this:

"Oh, the range for the upcoming season(which is only two weeks long) is 1900-2200, but I'm only level 600. I'll go buy enough sets(because it takes more than one set to win a ladder against people that regularly pvp at that range, and have multiple sets with which to defend/attack), and see how I do."

The season ends

"Now I have 30 pieces of gear which are going to sell for very little, not what I paid for them, surely(because the league range that week drove the prices up on the gear, and now the league is over in that range, the price of the gear plummets[that's called supply and demand, and it rules the prices of every item in the free world - including pixelated ones]), and I have to buy 30 more pieces for the coming 2 week league."

All of which is very easy, IF you're in a large guild with full access to numerous sets(and even then, the largest guilds will occasionally be missing an item, or only have one of a set).

It's a good idea, in theory, but the sheer cost ineffectiveness of it makes it infeasible.

Edit- The suggestion below is a possibility to mitigate the cost issues of your selection. It might also excite some pvp players into leveling, after getting a taste of gear at different levels(as most PVPers will tell you, that's the reason most of us have ever leveled).

Okay following your logic, the current system is even more infeasible.

#15 shindrak

shindrak

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,957 posts

Posted 04 August 2015 - 15:08

I like this idea ,

As a starter of titan league 5 Virtual (9 pieces sets) with different stats will just appear when players reach titan league and only useable for pvp in titan league ! maybe add some locked virtual sets unlockable by surviving longer in titan league..

but i think its hard for HC's ? would be interesting to hear from them

Edited by shindrak, 04 August 2015 - 15:15.

#16 Lahona

Lahona

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 919 posts

Posted 04 August 2015 - 17:00

The idea is to design your own -- less work for BG.  All up to Zorg / Hoof to code. 

The best bit, IMHO, is you get to design your own set ups and can change them at will.  No gear to purchase or hold and no development time for BG.  Fair for all, accessible to all.

If there have to be prizes for everything, then maybe a way to add your own graphics to the items and a side competition for the best looking, or best designed (stat wise).

#17 DomCorvis

DomCorvis

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 670 posts
  • Badge

Posted 04 August 2015 - 17:47

while i love this idea...maybe give out a mighty vigor potion that only works in pvp...i would love to be able to compete on an EVEN playing field!

RealmOfTheDead_zps1e8fa1f1.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: