199 replies to this topic

#41 mary4ever

mary4ever

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 511 posts

Posted 10 August 2015 - 20:07

I can not wait to enter the pvp ladder (currently there are about 130+ players over lvl 1600+)

with epic rewards getting added I am sure activity will once again return + it will be a slaughterfest ;)

smile.png see you there :)

Edited by mary4ever, 10 August 2015 - 20:07.

3 players on iggy (1 troll & 2 players whose posts never make any sense)

#42 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 10 August 2015 - 20:08

How can you lump in the "I don't mind" votes with the "No" votes? It seems to me that "I don't mind" is closer to "Yes" than it is "No", as it means "I don't positively like it, but I can live with it" as opposed to "I don't like it". If you add the "I don't mind" votes to the "Yes" group, your numbers come out quite different, as it would make the "Yes/Don't mind" vote 52.16%.

Subtracted out numbers provided to get the "Don't mind" number.

Total ... 2036
Yes ... 515
No ... 974
Don't mind ... 547

Also, your 65% number is only including the "Yes/No" votes in the total, completely disregarding the "I don't mind" voters. To me, this seems like skewing the statistics a bit by completely eliminating one of the voting options.

Couldn't agree more! You can't group "i dont mind" with no? If they wanted to vote NO they would have not chosen i don't mind... Still the poll wasn't overwhelming enough to pass...75%/80% is the cut off right?

Edited by EpicPiety, 10 August 2015 - 20:16.

#43 fusionj

fusionj

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 199 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 10 August 2015 - 20:09

It might serve the community well to make an announcement specifically regarding discussion on the forums. Remind people that don't normally come over here, that discussion exists.

#44 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 10 August 2015 - 20:21

How can you lump in the "I don't mind" votes with the "No" votes? It seems to me that "I don't mind" is closer to "Yes" than it is "No", as it means "I don't positively like it, but I can live with it" as opposed to "I don't like it". If you add the "I don't mind" votes to the "Yes" group, your numbers come out quite different, as it would make the "Yes/Don't mind" vote 52.16%.

Total ... 2036
Yes ... 515
No ... 974
Don't mind ... 547

Also, your 65% number is only including the "Yes/No" votes in the total, completely disregarding the "I don't mind" voters. To me, this seems like skewing the statistics a bit by completely eliminating one of the voting options.

Don't mind means they are neither for nor against it. So purely looking at the yes / no votes it was just over 65%.

#45 winemaker

winemaker

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 448 posts
  • Badge

Posted 10 August 2015 - 20:22

Are we going to be voting on every further update from now on and change it when some don't like it? Kinda hard for improvements when you take 1 step forward and 2 backwards. Back to the same OLD FS. Kinda disappointed.

#46 sweetlou

sweetlou

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,958 posts

Posted 10 August 2015 - 20:23

Sorry to hear you are disappointed, but as I've said before we can't please everyone all the time unfortunately. We're happy to discuss future improvements and if you have some good ideas please do post them up as new threads on the forum.

If you want the Ladder to be active, dangle a fat carrot in front of players and you will see it active, guaranteed!

Also, shouldn't bounties be able to posted from the Ladder again to keep the BB busier?

[Signature removed]

“When you tear out a man's tongue, you are not proving him a liar, you're only telling the world that you fear what he might say.” -GRRM

#47 cyrus7

cyrus7

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,562 posts
  • Badge

Posted 10 August 2015 - 20:24

Don't mind means they are neither for nor against it. So purely looking at the yes / no votes it was just over 65%.

Ah, well that means we see "I don't mind" differently. If that was the way you intended it, I would have suggested the vote option be a more clear "No opinion".

I do wish I would have known to begin with that my vote wouldn't count.  :mellow: I would have voted differently.

#48 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 10 August 2015 - 20:25

Are we going to be voting on every further update from now on and change it when some don't like it? Kinda hard for improvements when you take 1 step forward and 2 backwards. Back to the same OLD FS. Kinda disappointed.

I think in the future updates like this need more discussion on the forum first - that's all :)

#49 mary4ever

mary4ever

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 511 posts

Posted 10 August 2015 - 20:26

yep, that's what I understood too smile.png

#50 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 10 August 2015 - 20:30

Okay... What was the pass % again for polls...Certainly 75%+

Edited by EpicPiety, 10 August 2015 - 20:32.

#51 ikillpie

ikillpie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts

Posted 10 August 2015 - 20:33

Im still waiting for personal achievements lmao..

#52 Nappeh

Nappeh

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 49 posts

Posted 10 August 2015 - 20:33

I can not wait to enter the pvp ladder (currently there are about 130+ players over lvl 1600+)

with epic rewards getting added I am sure activity will once again return + it will be a slaughterfest ;)

smile.png see you there :)

I need to get to EOC quickly  lol

Also, can we please stop the "now let's still take away peoples tokens" comments?  Really people, just because you either #1 don't have any OR #2 Spent them all already doesn't mean now you should be butt hurt and want to take away from everybody else. Tokens were earned. Gets your hands out of people's accounts.  I am just assuming that your protest is basically if there is access to new EPIC potions or gear that some will have a large amount of tokens?  Well, guess what, 2 years ago HCS said that new epic gear would be added and/or bound potions for ladder participants.  So, as a result, many people chose not to spend there tokens when the gear might have been worth more in hopes that when HCS released the new items there might be a better profit or a better benefit ie. epic potions.  SO, now we want to penalize the players who chose to save them based upon promises made by the admins?  Stop staring at people's ladder tokens and mind your own account.

Edited by Nappeh, 10 August 2015 - 20:35.

#53 mary4ever

mary4ever

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 511 posts

Posted 10 August 2015 - 20:38

Okay... What was the pass % again for polls...Certainly 75%+

hoofs post:

https://forums.hunte...rd/#entry943078

I can not quote it because the thread has been closed but go there and read his post:

Once the poll completes we'll review the results and if the majority of players prefer the old system we will revert it back. If the majority prefer the newer version we will continue to work on improving it going forward.

I understand under majority 50% + 1 vote and the result of this vote was: NO votes were 65% according to HCS

#54 Belaric

Belaric

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 860 posts

Posted 10 August 2015 - 20:39

The community's single biggest voting block was no. The I don't mind's presumably don't mind what has happened. And wouldn't have if it went the other way.

People voted no for lots of different reasons, I suspect, but that is immaterial now, unless HCS wants to start refining its poling technique and we have an sequence of polls to find out what everyone really thinks about individual aspects of the new seasons and BB idea. Which would take forever, and meanwhile the game would be on hold, in terms of making changes. This is an HCS designed issue. And HCS will have to work through it.

Seasons as a global with an opt in and XP loss. Might be worth it depending on the rewards vs. the level of XP loss to be encountered. How will the global community and personal targets be determined etc.? Once that is seen a calculation can be made as to whether they will be worth the risk. I think a PvP global is a long time overdue, so this is a good thing to have come out of this process. I was tempted by even the wood rewards in the seasons as they existed, when I saw them. Very useful. Kudos to everyone who jumped in and earned their rewards without knowing what they were going to get, you have my respect.

The ladder coming back. I'll do as before and probably ignore it. I played it before to get moo coins to make dragon draped sabatons. I cashed in my remaining tokens for moo banks when I was told they would be going away. There should be new rewards, hopefully they will draw players in. Activity can be observed. If the ladders' duration is shorter then the rewards should perhaps be less epic than the seasonal rewards, given the duration and stam spent in the seasons vs the amount that may be spent on the ladder. Chazz224 had a good thread about the ladder and possible new rewards a while back, those would be worth revisiting. 

The BB reverting. Again, that makes very little difference to my game as generally I avoided it. I used to observe its activity though, and will be interested to see if it reverts to that too, after a burst of PvP joy at having it back. If it does become a desert again - what changes will be contemplated to improve activity?

My impression was that the simplified PvP system was built to be incorporated into the upcoming mobile interface. One click, 50 stam for all, no need to complete bounties etc. all designed to keep things simple and easy for players on the go, and who will play for minutes, not hours, at a time. And perhaps to reduce server stress as well - fewer player inputs in terms of stam selections and individually posted bounties keeps the system uncluttered for the servers.

I mentioned before about strategy on the part of HCS. I hope in reverting to the old system of BB and ladder, the long term strategy to get the game mobile is not harmed. That is down to Hoof and Zorg and the coders.  A mobile game is the only way we will get an appreciable bump in game numbers, as far as I can see.

Good luck everyone, I hope we can pull together and make a better game as a result of this experience.  

Edited by Belaric, 10 August 2015 - 20:44.

Good-bye and hello, as always.

#55 mary4ever

mary4ever

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 511 posts

Posted 10 August 2015 - 20:42

I need to get to EOC quickly  lol

Also, can we please stop the "now let's still take away peoples tokens" comments?  Really people, just because you either #1 don't have any OR #2 Spent them all already doesn't mean now you should be butt hurt and want to take away from everybody else. Tokens were earned. Gets your hands out of people's accounts.  I am just assuming that your protest is basically if there is access to new EPIC potions or gear that some will have a large amount of tokens?  Well, guess what, 2 years ago HCS said that new epic gear would be added and/or bound potions for ladder participants.  So, as a result, many people chose not to spend there tokens when the gear might have been worth more in hopes that when HCS released the new items there might be a better profit or a better benefit ie. epic potions.  SO, now we want to penalize the players who chose to save them based upon promises made by the admins?  Stop staring at people's ladder tokens and mind your own account.

Nappeh

#56 WWWolf

WWWolf

Posted 10 August 2015 - 20:45

Total ... 2036
Yes ... 515
No ... 974
Don't mind ... 547

To me, "I don't mind" means I would be happy either way so their numbers would not be counted towards either yes or no but they are part of the whole...

2,036 Total Votes

515 - Yes = 25%

974 - No = 48%

547 - Don't Care = 27%

This does not change the outcome but these percentages are more true to form.  The majority still chose no.  In fact, there were more players who didn't care either way than those who liked the change.

Hopefully now (once we revert back to the old system) we can try to implement some of the good parts of the Seasons update that the community did like.

#57 Melissa3

Melissa3

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 199 posts

Posted 10 August 2015 - 20:49

Hoof can i please get an answer on this request.

I opted out in the initial season after doing my 20 hits due to the uncertainty, but it was fully my intention to opt back in soon.

Unfortunately I seem to have missed my chance as this appears to be the last season i can participate in and I am still opted out.

Can we please opt back in at this stage and participate please and receive the rewards for this the last season ?

#58 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 10 August 2015 - 20:50

Can we please opt back in at this stage and participate please and receive the rewards for this the last season ?

You can't opt-in part of the way through sorry, however we will be adding an option to opt-in for the PvP Ladder before it starts.

#59 Melissa3

Melissa3

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 199 posts

Posted 10 August 2015 - 21:08

You can't opt-in part of the way through sorry, however we will be adding an option to opt-in for the PvP Ladder before it starts.

Well maybe before you end the seasons we should have one more session to allow those of us who voted yes the opportunity to be involved one last time and receive the rewards that participating brings.

#60 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 10 August 2015 - 21:19

Well maybe before you end the seasons we should have one more session to allow those of us who voted yes the opportunity to be involved one last time and receive the rewards that participating brings.

We'll be running PvP Events in the future using the PvP Seasons system (minus the Titan League part) so you'll still be able to join in on them :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: