BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,815 posts
  • Badge

Posted 09 September 2015 - 16:33

Hi there Everyone.

Today we have added the recipes for three brand new Crystalline sets for the PvP Ladder. These are invented using items from the Ladder Rewards and old Arena rewards.

All Auctions for the items used in these recipes have been cancelled and the items returned to their owners.

The 6 new recipes can be found in Kirk the Kleavers Killin' Shop, found in the Colosseum of Gurgriss, on the Mountain Path.

These Crystalline sets are the first in a planned roll out of new sets, so keep an eye on the news and feel free to provide constructive feedback!

~ The Fallen Sword Team

#2 DomCorvis

DomCorvis

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 670 posts
  • Badge

Posted 09 September 2015 - 16:46

its a good start....looking forward to more...hopefully something i can burn my tokens on...

RealmOfTheDead_zps1e8fa1f1.png

#3 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,815 posts
  • Badge

Posted 09 September 2015 - 16:47

We intend in adding plenty more at a good clip! I have various levels plotted out!

#4 DomCorvis

DomCorvis

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 670 posts
  • Badge

Posted 09 September 2015 - 16:56

looking forward to it grim!

#5 DomCorvis

DomCorvis

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 670 posts
  • Badge

Posted 09 September 2015 - 17:15

what about the "spirit" of pvp thingy's? any use for them yet?

#6 Olef

Olef

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 09 September 2015 - 17:22

hope the inventor chest does not work on saving resources and items to invent them, this should be taken into account, inventor, inventor 2

did you do that biggrim?

or ladder items will flood auction market

Edited by Olef, 09 September 2015 - 17:24.

#7 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,815 posts
  • Badge

Posted 09 September 2015 - 17:26

Inventor buffs do work, yes. However, the low durability ought to help with that.

#8 Kedyn

Kedyn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 698 posts
  • Badge
  • United States of America

Posted 09 September 2015 - 17:36

Inventor buffs do work, yes. However, the low durability ought to help with that.

Is there any way to really cap the buff level? Currently, prices will be higher due to them being new and lack of crystaline items (once you release them, they price will drop). However, the inventing chests really have crushed the economics of the game - a player could create 10-20 pieces on maybe half the materials needed. Please check Gnarled Scarab epics as an example. Let's not repeat those please. 

#9 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 09 September 2015 - 17:38

I think the invention rate of these new items should be like 30% without buffs...i think extremely high *100% probably* isn't very smart. Would make alot more sense to make them difficult to invent? Whatever happened to items like the old bothild recipe...That's when inventing was TRUELY inventing. Please bring risk back to inventing. Many areas will benefit from it...It is in popular opinion that omacraz potion ruined the game. To start fixing the market, start with adding risk back to inventing :). As extremest as it sounds i wouldn't be against turning every existing inventable item into crystalline and nerfing omacraz potion. Then have all items invented after the Omacraz nerf returned to normal non crystalline.

Edited by EpicPiety, 09 September 2015 - 17:52.

#10 Kedyn

Kedyn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 698 posts
  • Badge
  • United States of America

Posted 09 September 2015 - 17:49

I think the invention rate of these new items should be like 30% without buffs...i think extremely high *100% probably* isn't very smart. Would make alot more sense to make them difficult to invent? Whatever happened to items like the old bothild recipe...That's when inventing was TRUELY inventing. Please bring risk back to inventing. Many areas will benefit from it...

While I agree with most aspects in terms of making inventing more difficult. I think most recipes should be more difficult, and to remove the super potions from being able to work on them. The place that I have trouble talking myself into that is that (outside of those players who have hoarded tokens - good for them!) the difficulty should be based on the supply of the items needed. Since the resources for these items are bound, I don't see a reason to make them more difficult. Just like other recipes are higher %'s. 

Gnarled Scarab is a good example imo - the %'s were low before those potions, and the resources were limited to when the LE spawned. The first year they were implemented, there was a supply and demand that was pretty even. Enter in supply/demand and those potions, and the prices have plummeted each time that the LE has been released. It's more than just the super-potions that affected the pricing of those items, but it's a bigger factor into the supply of those items and the price that they're currently selling at. 

#11 Maehdros

Maehdros

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,330 posts
  • Canada

Posted 09 September 2015 - 18:01

I need to play arena to make these now? Or buy arena items? I'll pass. Cheers!

#12 johnagod

johnagod

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 775 posts
  • Badge

Posted 09 September 2015 - 18:09

Items are only 20 tokens each, which isn't a lot at all. I think combining the rewards from different aspects of the game is a great idea.

#13 johnagod

johnagod

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 775 posts
  • Badge

Posted 09 September 2015 - 18:12

Liking the new level 1000 set, but definitely would have preferred if it was armor/damage! Right now it's very similar to the Skull Carver armor set at level 1100 :/

#14 xxlooperxx

xxlooperxx

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 291 posts

Posted 09 September 2015 - 18:44

Liking the new level 1000 set, but definitely would have preferred if it was armor/damage! Right now it's very similar to the Skull Carver armor set at level 1100 :/

Have to agree, Armor/Damage would have been better.. But still a great set nonetheless! Especially at my level range. Thanks HCS!

XXLOOPERXX%20SIG.png

#15 shindrak

shindrak

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,957 posts

Posted 09 September 2015 - 20:51

That reaction before even checking recipes.

Nothing wrong with buying arena crystalline items to invent new sets.. for now item worth 5 fsp instead of 1 fsp which is good for market and whole game.

Edited by shindrak, 09 September 2015 - 20:52.

#16 clock96

clock96

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 880 posts
  • Badge

Posted 09 September 2015 - 20:53

Good going BG, buy there is only one thing, the items used should be only from ladder not arena and ladder, maybe that shall increase activity, what's your thoughts BG ?

clock96.gif

#17 shindrak

shindrak

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,957 posts

Posted 09 September 2015 - 20:55

Good sets , Thanks HC's :)

Would be cool to see attack/defense Armor/ring or weapon/gloves at lvl 2500

#18 clock96

clock96

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 880 posts
  • Badge

Posted 09 September 2015 - 20:58

Another stupid question but if anyone can help I would appreciate it, what is the level of the new crystaline items and its stats plz ?

clock96.gif

#19 johnagod

johnagod

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 775 posts
  • Badge

Posted 09 September 2015 - 21:10

Good going BG, buy there is only one thing, the items used should be only from ladder not arena and ladder, maybe that shall increase activity, what's your thoughts BG ?

Wrong. PvP tokens are bound so if you want to invent them, you're gonna have to try out the ladder anyway. Using arena items benefits arena players as well as ladder players. Not only does this provide something to work for, for ladder players but it also gives us arena players something to (finally) spend our tokens on that will earn us a small bit of profit (hopefully :P )

#20 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 09 September 2015 - 21:17

Nothing wrong with buying arena crystalline items to invent new sets.. for now item worth 5 fsp instead of 1 fsp which is good for market and whole game.

Good for those SELLING maybe - wouldn't agree with good for the whole game ;)

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: